• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Consoles Are Selling Out In China Due To The High Demand Of Black Myth Wukong

Fabieter

You’re misunderstanding me, I never said buy a PC if you’re happy with a console. I said the cost complaints over what in the end is trivial for most people in NA and Westen Europe is nonsensical. If you’re a billionaire and prefer consoles then go ahead and enjoy.

of course it is trial especially if you look at how most people in eu and NA are comfortably over their budget. And stuff like this brings you to the point where money spending exceeds you income.

Do you know what would be even more cost-effective. If people don't buy ps5s or cheap pcs at all rn and wait for the ps5 pro. You gonna need a more expensive PC to beat that at release.

The religiously converting people is not necessarily. And people like alex should just stop with his toxic behaviour but we already had that topic and I know you agree with that so.

Last edited:

Zathalus

of course it is trial especially if you look at how most people in eu and NA are comfortably over their budget. And stuff like this brings you to the point where money spending exceeds you income.

Do you know what would be even more cost-effective. If people don't buy ps5s or cheap pcs at all rn and wait for the ps5 pro. You gonna need a more expensive PC to beat that at release.

The religiously converting people is not necessarily. And people like alex should just stop with his toxic behaviour but we already had that topic and I know you agree with that so.
If a $500 PS5 doesn’t put somebody in financial trouble and a $600-800PC does, then that person probably needs to check their finances and probably wait on buying either. If cost was the only deciding factor and not preference of course. I also agree that a base PS5 and PS5 Pro are the most cost-effective for upfront hardware, you’ll notice I didn’t argue otherwise.

I’m not trying to convert anyone, enjoy what you want to enjoy, but let’s stop with the argument that the cost of entry for cheap PC gaming and console gaming is on two completely different levels.

Boss Mog

2DXMOd3.jpeg

Getting PS5 like performance is easy and cheap on PC :messenger_pouting:
Screw that degenerate.

Killer8

As always with PC enthusiasts, completely misses the draw of the convenience factor. If Xi wants to play Wukong all he needs to do is buy a PS5, plug it in, insert the disc and become monke.

Alex can make a case that Xi might be able to buy the parts he described at a cheap price, but then Xi would need to build the thing, configure everything, download the 118gb game, fire it up and dial in all these settings he has no clue about.

"RTX? Cinematic setting? Why does monke run so slow now?? I better watch this Digital Foundry video for more information!" - in Alex's dreams.

Embearded

As always with PC enthusiasts, completely misses the draw of the convenience factor. If Xi wants to play Wukong all he needs to do is buy a PS5, plug it in, insert the disc and become monke.

Alex can make a case that Xi might be able to buy the parts he described at a cheap price, but then Xi would need to build the thing, configure everything, download the 118gb game, fire it up and dial in all these settings he has no clue about.

"RTX? Cinematic setting? Why does monke run so slow now?? I better watch this Digital Foundry video for more information!" - in Alex's dreams.

It seems to be very difficult for some people to accept that PC gaming is not as straightforward as console.

Some of these people will also comment in the PC performance thread of a game "i played around with the settings and .ini files for 3 hours yesterday and i was able to increase the fps by 4, but today's GPU driver upgrade broke it".

I think this post was both a bit racist and funny at the same time :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Ill Allow It GIF

Killer8

It seems to be very difficult for some people to accept that PC gaming is not as straightforward as console.

Some of these people will also comment in the PC performance thread of a game "i played around with the settings and .ini files for 3 hours yesterday and i was able to increase the fps by 4, but today's GPU driver upgrade broke it".

PC is in a better place than it used to be in terms of how easy it is to get into, especially with something like Steam Deck. But it is still a long ways away from the convenience of console.

I spent a number of hours the other night fucking around trying to get HDR settings correct in the FF16 demo and they still didn't look as good as what the 1 minute HDR setup app on PS5 was able to do. And that's on Windows 11 which people say is the OS which is better at HDR than W10.

winjer

Gold Member

He is not an PC enthusiast, he is an outright fanboy, of the worst king.
PC enthusiasts know the advantages of consoles. Many also have consoles to competent their PC.
For example, I have a Switch.

Are people that post here just really poor or something? Is $700-$900 once every 3-5 years a lot of money for some of you? It shouldn’t be that much money for NA and most of Europe. But hey if you are that cash strapped then I can understand the cost complaints.
A LOT of folks just want to game sitting on a couch, most of them don’t have financial problems and live in nice houses and drive expensive cars, but they like the simplicity of a console. And if the game runs decently they don’t have any problems at all.

PC players underestimate that a lot of people just don’t want a PC.

Kerotan

Wokord bombs the same week the based monkey excells. Not to mention single player Vs over done GAAS hero emo shooter. We're winning lads. Diversity teams will keep getting fired.

Zathalus

A LOT of folks just want to game sitting on a couch, most of them don’t have financial problems and live in nice houses and drive expensive cars, but they like the simplicity of a console. And if the game runs decently they don’t have any problems at all.

PC players underestimate that a lot of people just don’t want a PC.
Yes, my posts go over preference. If you prefer console then enjoy, there are many reasons to enjoy a console over PC. I’m simply taking aim at the silly upfront cost argument and that a cheap PC and a console are in two completely different price levels.

SkylineRKR

Wokord bombs the same week the based monkey excells. Not to mention single player Vs over done GAAS hero emo shooter. We're winning lads. Diversity teams will keep getting fired.

Yep and this is great. Both games are on Playstation consoles. They can see the receipts. Time to change some things.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
You’re misunderstanding me, I never said buy a PC if you’re happy with a console. I said the cost complaints over what in the end is trivial for most people in NA and Westen Europe is nonsensical. If you’re a billionaire and prefer consoles then go ahead and enjoy.

Why do you seem to think it's only about the money? It is also about not preferring to play on a pc.

Did you not read my posts correctly? I specifically said if you prefer console then that’s fine, just for the majority of people the money argument is nonsensical.
It's not nonsensical? Why would I spend 300 dollars extra for something the same power and specs as the ps5?

Even if I could easily afford the extra 300 dollars why would I?

Zathalus

It's not nonsensical? Why would I spend 300 dollars extra for something the same power and specs as the ps5?

Even if I could easily afford the extra 300 dollars why would I?
Because of a huge list of reasons that draw people to PC gaming? If none of that interests you that’s fine, you don’t have a preference for PC gaming, nothing wrong with sticking with a console. My argument is simply that the difference in cost between cheap PC gaming and console gaming isn’t that large.

Top Bottom