• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Consoles Are Selling Out In China Due To The High Demand Of Black Myth Wukong

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Only top and famous games sells millions.
All other - not so much. but they sells for years, unlike consoles, that make it so attractive to publishers. Games became "collectable" items on PC and you can sell them forever at almost zero cost.

"Wide appeal" is what PCMR wants to belive. They dont want even aknowledge that PC is still widely a geeek platform (though there are now more geeks that before) and still far from mass market.
gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I wish I could ditch PC. But Civ games are just better on that shitty platform, and there is a new one incoming. It’ll cost me dearly to upgrade my GPU to Civ VII.
Civ VII runs on the Switch. I doubt it’s very demanding.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Sony should have bought them instead of bungie and firewalk.

So not only are you telling me that you're results-oriented rather than process-oriented, but you're also telling me that you haven't stopped for a second to consider the difficulties in owning a Chinese company as a foreign entity and the risks involved.

GymWolf

Gold Member
So not only are you telling me that you're results-oriented rather than process-oriented, but you're also telling me that you haven't stopped for a second to consider the difficulties in owning a Chinese company as a foreign entity and the risks involved.
It was more of throw away post and a jab at sony for buying both bungie and firewalks than anything else, it wasn't that serious buddy.

And maybe it's for the best if sony didn't bought them, i don't want transexual monkeys in a wheelchair in my action games:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Steam stats disagree. People with a PC equal to or more powerful then a PS5 only make up around 38% of all PC players. If somebody wants to buy a PC in 2024 then they can buy anything from something around $600 to over $4k if they want to match or beat the consoles performance, or they might just be looking for something to play League or DOTA and are fine with buying a $300 PC with a 1650.

But the people in the bolded probably were never gonna be PS5 or Xbox Series customers then if this is all they wanted to play.

Top Bottom