• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantum

Honestly, if you are going to be a non-paying player you can't just waste pulls on non-Godfest days. You need to sit on those stones and make pulls when the odds are more in your favor.

Gungho isn't stingy with their stones either. In the first 2 months I played this they passed out about 25-30 free stones. Since then it's probably been another 15 or so. So, that represents about 10 free pulls at the gacha, without counting all the stones you get from clearing dungeons.

I've only spent 10 dollars and have a pretty good group of pets. Much more than I can handle and keep them leveled up. You just have to take the (very) long look on this game if you are a non-payer. Not in terms of days or a week .. but more like months.

Agree to a point - I'm not sure how much more (statistically) the gods do drop during the godfest - 2x 0.001 isn't a tremendous increase. that being said you are correct that I should probably wait (then again my luck is always crappy!)

Personally I like pulling when I get 5 stones - just over the 70 days of consecutive play I had very little really 'good' rare pulls. As I am a free player I don't mind re-rolling as I saw 80-90% of the game and realized that it would take a ton of grinding to even come close to clearing the last 10-20%.

if I were happier with my rare pulls or with my teams I might have felt bad about deleting my current deck.

the truth is I like pulling the rare handle and I will be able to do it much more often by re-rolling - perhaps I will get some nicer monsters and grind the others I need - its not like there is a reward for non paying player for reaching different levels.

I don't really regret loosing the mechs or the skys as they cycle. I guess the lowered team cost and stamina are annoying - but while I don't mind looking at the long term (months/years) restarting affords me even more stones as I can blitz through the first 10-15 levels with the experience I have from playing the game before.

(almost like a mmorpg alt)

Managed to go from 1 mystic mask to 5. Still have run it at least 12 times though, so not quite as good a drop rate as the rainbow keepers were.

ParityBit

Are the ultimate starter evolution's worth spending all those materials on? I am concentrating on what you guys suggested, just curious.

Splat

Are the ultimate starter evolution's worth spending all those materials on? I am concentrating on what you guys suggested, just curious.

In that vein: I have a MSK I need to move to an ADK, and the Green Lil' one evo away from being a ripper. Which should I pour exp into first?

MicH

I want to thank Woody@GAF, whoever you are, for your amazing Siren and your Artemis. You have the highest leveled Siren and the Siren with the highest RCV (900+). Really appreciate it!

Yes. I have siren the enchantress.
Well there's your answer. It's not really a good idea to build a Valk healer team anymore due to the current special dungeon difficulty level.
Only if you don't have a better team, which since you have certain Norse gods, you do.

J0dy77

Agree to a point - I'm not sure how much more (statistically) the gods do drop during the godfest - 2x 0.001 isn't a tremendous increase. that being said you are correct that I should probably wait (then again my luck is always crappy!)

Personally I like pulling when I get 5 stones - just over the 70 days of consecutive play I had very little really 'good' rare pulls. As I am a free player I don't mind re-rolling as I saw 80-90% of the game and realized that it would take a ton of grinding to even come close to clearing the last 10-20%.

if I were happier with my rare pulls or with my teams I might have felt bad about deleting my current deck.

the truth is I like pulling the rare handle and I will be able to do it much more often by re-rolling - perhaps I will get some nicer monsters and grind the others I need - its not like there is a reward for non paying player for reaching different levels.

I don't really regret loosing the mechs or the skys as they cycle. I guess the lowered team cost and stamina are annoying - but while I don't mind looking at the long term (months/years) restarting affords me even more stones as I can blitz through the first 10-15 levels with the experience I have from playing the game before.

I'm with Adam on this one. As much as we joke about Gungho, they've been very friendly to non extreme players like myself. I've only spent $15 and have 180 boxes and have made a decent amount of pulls with stones.

I only roll during god events. And with the new 5.0 event and the previous one, I've pulled a Viper Orochi and Horus with about 6 rolls. I fully intend to be playing this game next Christmas and I'm sure ill get more free stones and decent pulls along the way.

In that vein: I have a MSK I need to move to an ADK, and the Green Lil' one evo away from being a ripper. Which should I pour exp into first?

If the MSK was a Dragon Knight, I'd say go for ADK first. However, since it sounds like you need two evolutions on him, I would second going with the ripper first. The 20k bomb will help you more right now.

xCobalt

Finally evolved my Lakshmi! I think the only friend I have that also has Lakshmi is Mich. Might run the dungeon a couple of more times just to stock up on masks.

Are you guys still seeing Explorers on your friend lists before entering dungeons? I noticed I haven't seen any explorers in my game for the past few days. I don't recall exactly when I stopped seeing them.

ccbfan

This game really is feast or famine with me.

After God know how many runs with no mystic. (Well over ten runs). Got 3 in 2 runs.

Looks like Verche and Phoenix Knight are about to get Evos soon.

MicH

Finally evolved my Lakshmi! I think the only friend I have that also has Lakshmi is Mich. Might run the dungeon a couple of more times just to stock up on masks.
Woohoo! Are you gonna build a water team around her?

Are you guys still seeing Explorers on your friend lists before entering dungeons? I noticed I haven't seen any explorers in my game for the past few days. I don't recall exactly when I stopped seeing them.
I still see them. Maybe there aren't many others around the same level as you?

razterik

The guys over at the Puzzle & Dragons forums did a little research on this subject. Chances look much better during the Godfest, but that doesn't stop random numbers from being random.

At a rank under 100, you're not really losing much more than a month of solid play. If you haven't payed for stones, I see nothing wrong with starting over and trying for better rolls if you want. Or you may just be bored with the game. Play something else for a while and come back if you feel like it. Don't make PAD your job. =)

ccbfan

This is why its extremely important to get a good first roll if you're a non-money spender.

I was almost at the same state as you had I not get some pretty good rolls the last God fest. (Its like this game knows you're gonna quit and then bam gives you what you want just before.)

You need a leader for an end game party from your initial roll.

Which right now is Tri color Indian, Tri color Norse, Any New Greek, Tri Color Egypt, Some of those new Ninjas, Valk, Odin, Orochi.

Anything else? Restart.

razterik

No problems here, but I think it sources explorers from recent players who are near your level. That might be a problem if your level is too high.

MicH

I seem to have gotten a LOT of +eggs lately. Just now I got 2 in a row in a run of Hyperion Lava Flow. Yesterday I got 2 in one run of the Rainbow Keeper. Really nice, but I am so low on money now, that I might have to implement the slime +egg holders now :p

xCobalt

Woohoo! Are you gonna build a water team around her?

Yeah definitely. Currently have Fenrir Knight Kamui, Siren, Ice Mechdragon, and a Water mech.

I seem to have gotten a LOT of +eggs lately. Just now I got 2 in a row in a run of Hyperion Lava Flow. Yesterday I got 2 in one run of the Rainbow Keeper. Really nice, but I am so low on money now, that I might have to implement the slime +egg holders now :p

The increased drop rate definitely seems to impact the rate of +eggs.

Max friends?
Nope. I expanded to 150 after the update. Currently have 115. But even before that, I would regularly see them with a full 100/100 friend list. It would even still give me the option of sending a friend request after a run, though it would then proceed to say my list was already full.

I still see them. Maybe there aren't many others around the same level as you?
Maybe. I figured the game would just show the nearest-ranked players if there aren't any players around your rank. I remember seeing completely new players(less than rank 10) with base form starter dragon leaders just as recently as last week. But I think I have managed to befriend most of the high level players. I remember constantly seeing the same 2 high rank players as explorers every day, but their friend lists were always full. Finally got through to both of them after 5.0 hit, so I'm guessing they also upped their friend list capacity.

Oh, well. Not really hurting for new friends, just wondering if anyone was experiencing the same thing, and I got my answer. Was gonna see if any new Artemis explorers popped-up, but a few of my existing friends already switched to her. Since I'm not seeing any explorers on my end, I'm leaving my Freyja up most of the time in case any random Artemis comes across me as an explorer. I'm so used to having so many ADKs available at all times, that it sucks when I'm running my Freyja team, and run out of helpers after 4-5 runs. I now understand the pain of Gaffers who complain about everyone running ADK all the time. Though, take heart, I've noticed a huge increase in variety of leaders ever since the last Godfes. But, it also seems to be fluctuating much more, also. I guess a lot of people are just trying out their new toys.

SaintR

Cool I have a evolved Lashkmi as well as Idunn and Idunnna (not evolved)... If we around the same Lvl throw me an invite
330 407 209

MicH

Yeah definitely. Currently have Fenrir Knight Kamui, Siren, Ice Mechdragon, and a Water mech.
Cool! I mainly use Siegfried, Kamui, Siren and Orochi as subs. Currently working on evolving my two Neptunes, so I can switch those in as well. Ive beaten most of Hyperion Lava Flow with only my Lakshmi team. Those two Dragon Knights took a long time, though.

The increased drop rate definitely seems to impact the rate of +eggs.
... and I just got another one farming Pengdras! Currently have evolved all my Pengdras just waiting for plants tomorrow so I can evolve them :D EXP galore tomorrow!

Cool I have a evolved Lashkmi as well as Idunn and Idunnna (not evolved)... If we around the same Lvl throw me an invite
330 407 209
I think your ID is wrong. It says "user not registereed" when I try to add you (Lakshmi user as well)

Everybody, Don't hate me...

W3BaQQtl.jpg

Mystic mask on the first round, 2x shiva and high powered reds takes it all down and heals for a ridiculous amount.

Got some red divines to help level up my Titan, and another mystic drop on round 5

SaintR

Cool! I mainly use Siegfried, Kamui, Siren and Orochi as subs. Currently working on evolving my two Neptunes, so I can switch those in as well. Ive beaten most of Hyperion Lava Flow with only my Lakshmi team. Those two Dragon Knights took a long time, though.

... and I just got another one farming Pengdras! Currently have evolved all my Pengdras just waiting for plants tomorrow so I can evolve them :D EXP galore tomorrow!

I think your ID is wrong. It says "user not registereed" when I try to add you (Lakshmi user as well)
Yea I originally typed it incorrectly it should be good now. What's ur name on PAD? Made space for the invite just on case.
Edit.
I'm an idiot
330 447 209

SaintR

Great, I sent you an invite. My name is MicH@GAF
Cool I just did as well. Was adding myself to the doc, which I thought I already did, and saw your name there.
Just pm me whenever you need me to switch up. Running red for mask farming.

I'm gonna be so sad when this 2x King event ends. It's the only thing that's made it worth farming those Metal Dragon dungeons. Just got another 17 King Metals in my last Metal dungeon blitz. I've never been able to level-up my Dark monsters as quickly as I have during this event. Though, all will be well again, when the Light/Dark Pengdras finally drop. Light has had a really raw deal, so far. It's been forever since we had a Gold Dragon dungeon.

Caerith

So, when charging on the first floor, I made a harmless 3x vertical combo, then 3 of the same color dropped in. "Oh, bad luck, I'll have to be careful not to sweep the floor before anything's charged." Make another harmless 3x combo, and 3 more of the same color drop in, then when those clear, another 3 drop in just to make a point.

Anyway, I didn't last very long.

So what are the divine masks good for? I seem to have a shitload of them....
They're mainly used for evolutions. They give 3000 exp to same element monsters if used for fusing and are worth 1000 gold if sold. If I don't have anything to evolve with them, I usually use them to level Pengdras, since a single Divine Mask will max out a Lvl.2 Pengdra of the same color. I usually just sell off the Light and Dark ones I don't need, or feed them to low level Light/Dark monsters. It isn't cost-efficient to feed them to high level monsters.

DenisQc

so I finally post here

after some time tinkering, i reseted and restarted some days ago, and here I am
denis@gaf

ID : 301 240 254

currently remaking my teams but playing with Odin at leader position.

level 41 :)

As I am at home to take care of my 6 months daughter (thank you Quebec and Canada programs so that my GF can swap places with me :) ) and then have more time to play it (not so much, but by short breaks :)

wainting for the new refresh for rare eggs :)

goddamn crack this game :)

edit : added myself on the doc, tomorrow I'll had your codes ingame :)

Caerith

Welcome, Denis. I just cleared some space on my friend list and sent you an invite. (I'm on the spreadsheet as well if anyone needs another ADK, hopefully-evolved-today Parvati, or 2k/round Alraune.)

Where did the five or six Shivas I added today go...? I was going to run some double Indian god teams, I think a few of the people actually switched to a dual ogre team (why?)

Caerith

Where did the five or six Shivas I added today go...? I was going to run some double Indian god teams, I think a few of the people actually switched to a dual ogre team (why?)
They're probably all just using your Shiva?

Or, I dunno, does resolve stack? Like, if you had Orochi + Orochi would it activate at 25%?

lordcyno

did a random pull and got an Artemis. Fortunately I already have a green team already so she can take turns with Parvati depending on leaders available. I almost forgive Gungho for those no skillups on my ADK.

Have room on my friends list if anyone wants to add me 331841202

Won't have her evolved until at least friday though, missing dubmythlit.

Caerith

I found a way to reliably proc Anubus' leader skill. You'd think that getting a 10+ combo depends entirely on luck, but I've been able to consistently get one just by entering the first room of either Room of Masks - Expert or any Master dungeon and trying to delay.

did a random pull and got an Artemis. Fortunately I already have a green team already so she can take turns with Parvati depending on leaders available. I almost forgive Gungho for those no skillups on my ADK.

Have room on my friends list if anyone wants to add me 331841202

Won't have her evolved until at least friday though, missing dubmythlit.
Invite sent. I'm evolving my Parvati this Friday, or whenever I manage to get a mythlit. Congrats on your Artemis though, I'm really hoping I can get a Hermes when the blue gacha comes back around so I can build a blue team.

StMeph

Pulled a blue ninja on my alt account that has Lakshmi and Demon Viper Orochi, so a nice blue team is forming. Still need a Mermaid/Siren, but does the ninja mean I no longer need to pursue a blue magic swordsman?

After Siren I would IDEALLY like a Neptune, but there's no way I can count on rolling for that.

Caerith

Pulled a blue ninja on my alt account that has Lakshmi and Demon Viper Orochi, so a nice blue team is forming. Still need a Mermaid/Siren, but does the ninja mean I no longer need to pursue a blue magic swordsman?

After Siren I would IDEALLY like a Neptune, but there's no way I can count on rolling for that.
Well, Hatsume is Dark -> Blue, Siren is Red -> Heart. Hatsume just means you won't need a MLK (Dark -> Light) and that your eventual Neptune should maybe go Blue/Light so you aren't losing damage from orbs changed by Hatsume. You'd still want either MIK (Green -> Blue) or Berserk (Heart -> Blue) so you'd have more orb changers/more damage.

maguskain

Are there any tricks to dealing with enemies that cast Bind Attack? I feel like there should be a way to deal with this but can't figure it out

Thanks in advance

OTIX

Are there any tricks to dealing with enemies that cast Bind Attack? I feel like there should be a way to deal with this but can't figure it out

Thanks in advance
Some of them only bind monsters of the opposite colour. Other than that you just need to kill them before they do it.

Kosh

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 3/21/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
B: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby
C: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
D: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
E: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire

MicH

I'm an IDIOT! So I woke up just now (yes I am in Europe) and saw that I had two Pal pulls. Yay! Went into the machine, pulled the lewer and a Gold egg popped out! Yes!! But then.., an ADK came out and I was like... What... No no NO. I had accidentally chosen the Rare egg machine instead :( I had saved up all those stones do I could go crazy on Dub-mythlit hunting tomorrow. Damn it!

Oh well, I suppose a THIRD ADK can be useful (all THREE pulled fully evolved from the rare egg machine).

I then used the Pal egg machine and used my two pulls and I got a Mermaid and a Blue Keeper! Woohoo!

Sucks about the 5 stones, but it ended all right after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom