• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

I'm an IDIOT! So I woke up just now (yes I am in Europe) and saw that I had two Pal pulls. Yay! Went into the machine, pulled the leweramd a Gold egg popped out! Yes!! But then.., an ADK came out and I was like... What... No no NO. I had accidentally chosen the Rare egg machine instead :( I had saved up all those stones do I could go crazy on Dub-mythlit hunting tomorrow. Damn it!

Oh well, I suppose a THIRD ADK can be useful (all THREE pulled fully evolved from the rare egg machine).

I then used the Pal egg machine and used my two pulls and I got a Mermaid and a Blue Keeper! Woohoo!

Sucks about the 5 stones, but it ended all right after all.

Doh!!! Well .... there is always the store you can visit! :) you know you wanna ....

J0dy77

Does anyone have a decently levelled evolved Orochi? Send me an invite please.

386 745 214

I have a level 50 that is always up on my iPad account. Sent you an invite.

Debating evolving him since the only difference seems to be with his HP in evolved form.

Radav

Man you guys have got to quit talking about how you randomly decided to use a pull and got a good god. I've got 12 pulls worth of stones burning a damn hole in my pocket. I'm saving these for the next godfest when they will hopefully have Greek gods on the menu. I could sorely use like 4 or 5 of those guys.

Ugh... it's really mean of them to put plants and jewel dragons on the same day. Luckily I can use up a bit of stamina since my first chance for them doesn't occur until 3pm EST. Trying desperately not to use a stone to refill stamina but the increased king chance might force me to use it at emerald time. I'd really like Ruby but I have to get up too early to be up at 1am to run those dungeons. Silly messed up group B...

I'm an IDIOT! So I woke up just now (yes I am in Europe) and saw that I had two Pal pulls. Yay! Went into the machine, pulled the lewer and a Gold egg popped out! Yes!! But then.., an ADK came out and I was like... What... No no NO. I had accidentally chosen the Rare egg machine instead :( I had saved up all those stones do I could go crazy on Dub-mythlit hunting tomorrow. Damn it!

Oh well, I suppose a THIRD ADK can be useful (all THREE pulled fully evolved from the rare egg machine).

I then used the Pal egg machine and used my two pulls and I got a Mermaid and a Blue Keeper! Woohoo!

Sucks about the 5 stones, but it ended all right after all.

you know what they say about 'Wake 'n' PAD'.....

don't do it

seriously, all these people getting solid green pulls from the Rare makes me want to put down some coin for more stones. Even though i'll get dicked and pull something useless

Pinging BetaTester cause I just realized a real useful feature for the site now that user accounts are a thing: shopping list for evo/Pengdra materials. Quick add mats by selecting a monster; it automatically determines the materials used to evolve into it.

Bought stones, did pulls.

Flame Knight (ok, good for my fire team)
MIK (Have a fully evo'd one)
Dryad (had a Mandrake)
Mermaid (have 2)
Titan (can stop farming him)
Dark Golem (what in the fuck)

2 fire, 2 water, 1 dark, ....... 1 wood

nice odds

I have made a terrible mistake

J0dy77

Count me in for the "don't sleepy PAD" club, just rage stoned three times on a pointless endeavor against a Super King Metal on floor 1

PDX has a cool new feature up: friend finder
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/friendsearch.asp

They're really doing an amazing job with the site. Keep up the good work Beta Tester.

Word of warning though, the coding for the new features is shaky at best. I signed up for the account but the site isn't holding my account, keeps reverting me to guest. I tried updating monster list 3 times, kept failing. I'll give it a few days for updates.

Kosh

Bought stones, did pulls.

Flame Knight (ok, good for my fire team)
MIK (Have a fully evo'd one)
Dryad (had a Mandrake)
Mermaid (have 2)
Titan (can stop farming him)
Dark Golem (what in the fuck)

2 fire, 2 water, 1 dark, ....... 1 wood

nice odds

I have made a terrible mistake

Sorry, man.

0LcFR.png

5 runs hoping for at least 3 dragon fruit and only got 2. They are stingy with those things. Gotta wait 30 more minutes then I'll have enough to run one more time.

Really? I've been feeding Pengdras to Pengrdras because I get far too many.

Are you farming the first level of each dungeon? You get more to drop that way.
I've had similar luck with the first and second levels. I usually go with the second though because it gives more exp.

i have 10 pal babies saved up should i use them during this event?

also the fire guardian is destroying everything i throw at it. stupid tower of flare. All i need is mythlits to evolve 1 one of my guys into a ripper(blue) and i have a red and white almost there. A green one is on the way as soon as i get him to his 3rd stage. Just farming plants today. to help clear my box of colored dragons.

I tried a horus, horus team and a ADK ADK team and an ADK Siren team. Hopefully evolving some of these guys will get me a little better attack.

ToxicAdam

I usually run two levels of the first and then one level of the last (so I can get 10 battles). Usually nets me just enough to fully level 5 Pendgras.

been doing the 2nd to last level (last of 10 stam because fuck demons). Will try the first and see if it's better. I've gotten 1 Pengdra on my last 3 runs.

SaberVulcan

Count me in for the "don't sleepy PAD" club, just rage stoned three times on a pointless endeavor against a Super King Metal on floor 1

PDX has a cool new feature up: friend finder
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/friendsearch.asp

Hrmm. So at first it just wouldnt let me add myself to the list, now I cannot login at all. Anyone else having troubles? I assume the site is getting hammered by English players... but who knows.

MicH

I ALWAYS run the second stage of the technical dungeons for Pengdra farming. No idea why, I just like beating them Siren, Alraune and Echidna :p

Hrmm. So at first it just wouldnt let me add myself to the list, now I cannot login at all. Anyone else having troubles? I assume the site is getting hammered by English players... but who knows.

VVVV

They're really doing an amazing job with the site. Keep up the good work Beta Tester.

Word of warning though, the coding for the new features is shaky at best. I signed up for the account but the site isn't holding my account, keeps reverting me to guest. I tried updating monster list 3 times, kept failing. I'll give it a few days for updates.

StMeph

i have 10 pal babies saved up should i use them during this event?

Now is exactly the time that most people save their Pal pulls for (The pal machine currently has high level EVO material stocked) So if you want some chances to pull some keepers and other random EVO material pull those (and doing the 10 in one shot is surprising satisfying...)

EDIT:

I believe they are nicknamed the "WhiskeyDragons" in Japan for exactly this reason

3 plant runs this morning, only 3 plants. Had a little better luck last night. Should be spending most of my day doing this and jewel runs, though I probably need to work some pendgra runs in there as well to use up some item and make the box space work.

I was weak and did some rare pulls last night. In the past, I have usually gotten something new at least. Last night was horrendous - 2 succubus in a row (have two LWotN), a vampire (have a lord), MSK (have 2 ADK), and 2 highlanders in a row (have fully evolved Choo Choo). Fed all of those things to my existing creatures and got a whopping zero skill ups! 2x event my arse...

I'm excited for these dragons. They'll basically replace rippers. That active skill looks awesome.

At a cost of 60 each? I have some teams where I run 4 rippers - I am nowhere near having 240 (and there's still a leader to figure as well) team points. Hopefully by the time they come around I will.

SaberVulcan

At a cost of 60 each? I have some teams where I run 4 rippers - I am nowhere near having 240 (and there's still a leader to figure as well) team points. Hopefully by the time they come around I will.

Beaten. Yeah that cost is insanely high... I have 68 max right now I wouldnt be able to use this thing for like a year if I ever got it.

3 plant runs this morning, only 3 plants. Had a little better luck last night. Should be spending most of my day doing this and jewel runs, though I probably need to work some pendgra runs in there as well to use up some item and make the box space work.

I was weak and did some rare pulls last night. In the past, I have usually gotten something new at least. Last night was horrendous - 2 succubus in a row (have two LWotN), a vampire (have a lord), MSK (have 2 ADK), and 2 highlanders in a row (have fully evolved Choo Choo). Fed all of those things to my existing creatures and got a whopping zero skill ups! 2x event my arse...

oh come-fucking-on. Only green I got was a dryad

Wow did not notice that at all. Guess I'll just be catching them and leaving them sitting in my box.

On a different note, I had an idea for something to add to puzzledragonx. I've been thinking it would be cool to have additional graphs that show HP/ATK/RCV per EXP. Or even better what if there was a calculator that let you compare how putting a certain amount of experience into different monsters would benefit you. So for example, choose three monsters and input their level and how much exp you have to spend. It will tell you the stat increases of each monster.

This isn't exactly necessary, but it would make deciding who to spend EXP on a lot simpler

Probably not the easiest to get huh?!
They attack on a 1 turn timer and each have a gimmick buff that lasts 999 turns (not a typo) which they always activate as their first move. Caol Ila, for example, shields it from any skills you attempt to use on it. Need to Menace? Better get it charged up before the boss battle, because you won't get another chance to pop it.

The dungeons also drop Moltdras (affectionately nicknamed Miniwhiskeys) which after maxing out at LV10 provide 18000 EXP to like-colored monsters.

MicH

Speaking of dryad, I have one burning a whole in my box. I have an Enchantress and a Lvl 48 Angel...should I even bother with her just to have her for RCV on a wood team? Or get rid of her and her Evo material....
Don't bother with Dryad or Angel. They're considered the worst healers in the game. Your Siren should be more than enough and has an excellent active skill, unlike the other two.

SaberVulcan

Don't bother with Dryad or Angel. They're considered the worst healers in the game. Your Siren should be more than enough and has an excellent active skill, unlike the other two.

T_T Alraune carried me for like 30 ranks until I got Siren, poor thing.

ccbfan

Decisions guys.

My King Metal Dragons are clogging up my inventory.

I have 3 choices for levelling up.

Yomi - No idea how to use her correctly without a Eqyption God.

Vritra - Only useful for sturdy teams but I hear a rumor that its Ultimate Evo is going to be hp+Atk for God and Dragon. That insanely good.

Final Evo Dark Starter - No Loki and have a good collection of dark monsters.

SaintR

Thanks for the advice...need the room for plants and pengdras but didn't want to regret it down the line

Edit:
You have a good problem ccbfan. Vritra has saved me on more than one occasion so i have a personal bias(friend-don't actually have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom