• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radav

Decisions guys.

My King Metal Dragons are clogging up my inventory.

I have 3 choices for levelling up.

Vritra - Only useful for sturdy teams but I hear a rumor that its Ultimate Evo is going to be hp+Atk for God and Dragon. That insanely good.

I heard the same thing also. All of us who got a Vritra and were thinking man what am I ever going to do with this just had their prayers answered. You could make some pretty badass teams with this I think.

daemissary

Is there a better place to try and farm a Succubus than Witch of Darkness in Clayus Prison?

I've ran it like a dozen times and haven't had any luck yet...I need someone with poison on my squad so bad.

Uthred

Is there a better place to try and farm a Succubus than Witch of Darkness in Clayus Prison?

I've ran it like a dozen times and haven't had any luck yet...I need someone with poison on my squad so bad.

Just spend some money on stones, hope for anything else and then try the rare gacha, guaranteed two of those three star beauties in a row. Bitter? Me? Course not

Though seriously, all of the levels that mermaids/naga/succubi show up on seem to have a more or less equal chance for them to drop. Its just that chance is very, very low. You're probably best to restrict farming for "commons" like that until one of the dungeons they drop in has an increased drop chance on it

MicH

I wouldn't spend any experience on Vritra just yet. As of now his best use is in a zombie team and we might not get the version where he's buffed for a long time. Better use the Kings on something you have a use for right now, perhaps not even a Dark type monster. Yomi is what I would do if it were me. Dark starter is really not worth it.

J0dy77

I ran the witch's ball over and over on the 1.5x time weekend events. Took a while but she finally dropped.

The best chance to have one drop is probably the Purple Mech that just cycled through a little while back. Not sure when that will come around again. (Got my second and third there)

MicH

Best luck w/ the 'Healers' I think is the special 'dragon' dungeons. People run dungeons 100+ times w/o getting drops in the normal areas.
Yes, listen to this man. On Monday the Skydragon of Darkness wil be out and you will have a much better chance of getting a Succubus!

Need some input as well. I have 4 emerald kings, 3 emerald highs, 17 evolved green pendgras, and enough materials to make another 6 evolved pendgras (just have to farm the pendgras first). This is what I have in green:

Freyja the Goddess of Gaia lvl 1
Asgard lvl 30
Parvati the Golden Goddess lvl 29
More Cu Chulainn lvl 19
ADK lvl 70
ADK lvl 36
Fertility Deity Evil Ceres lvl 19
Flowerdragon Brachys lvl 1

Any suggestions?

I also have +3 ATK, +10 RCV, and +13 HP saved up. Keep saving or use it?

MicH

Need some input as well. I have 4 emerald kings, 3 emerald highs, 17 evolved green pendgras, and enough materials to make another 6 evolved pendgras (just have to farm the pendgras first). This is what I have in green:

Asgard lvl 30
More Cu Chulainn lvl 19
ADK lvl 70
ADK lvl 36

Any suggestions?

Do you use Freyja in your green team? If so, level her up to ~35 and spend the rest on Parvati. Then Chu Chualinn.

Regarding the +eggs.. eh, I would say use them now - ATK and HP at least. If money is no problem.

Asgard lvl 30
More Cu Chulainn lvl 19
ADK lvl 70
ADK lvl 36

Any suggestions?

I envy your team. Agreed w/ Mich. Freyja then Parvati.

I've put the attack and HP to your ADK and RCV to best healer. Still use autoheal from time to time.

SaintR

Sorry for the constant questions, but you guys have been excellent in giving me direction for the buildup of my teams.
My question is: I only have sufficient materials to evolve one of the following Fenrir Knight, Berserk or Idunn&Idunna. I already have FDlashkmi as my lead and have a siren. Whom should evolve first?
Edit:
dat Green squad

Sorry for the constant questions, but you guys have been excellent in giving me direction for the buildup of my teams.
My question is: I only have sufficient materials to evolve one of the following Fenrir Knight, Berserk or Idunn&Idunna. I already have FDlashkmi as my lead and have a siren. Whom should evolve first?
Edit:
dat Green squad

'Zerk or mystic blue. Depends on which orbs you're looking to swap out more.

Edit: berserk is the heart > blue changer right

Do you use Freyja in your green team? If so, level her up to ~35 and spend the rest on Parvati. Then Chu Chualinn.

Regarding the +eggs.. eh, I would say use them now - ATK and HP at least. If money is no problem.

I envy your team. Agreed w/ Mich. Freyja then Parvati.

I've put the attack and HP to your ADK and RCV to best healer. Still use autoheal from time to time.

Edit:
dat Green squad

Thanks guys, for the advice and for the props. I owe a lot of my success to the people on this board (I'd still be using a starter dragon probably otherwise :)). But I got to tell you, I can't remember who it was but someone a few pages back posted their green team and it puts mine to shame. He had:

Freyja evolved lvl 89
ADK max level +209
ADK max level
Choo Choo evolved lvl 74
Parv evolved max level

And I think I missed more +'s. That is what I am aspiring to. Funny thing is, I know how to run an ADK team (for the most part) but I really don't know the intricacies of a Freyja or Parvati team. It seems like you just want to move things around long enough to get your orb changers going and then explode greeness on your enemies. Sound about right?

EDIT: Don't know how I forgot, but I also have a max level Odin. Does he fit into either team?

MicH

Edit:
dat Green squad
I would also say Berserk or Fenrir Knight. Berserk have more HP at lvl 1 than Kamui, but Kamui has a little bit of more attack at lvl 1.

Also Berserk has another evolution, so I would say Berserk. Since you're not gonna use them for their leader skill it really doesn't make a big difference.

I&I needs a lot of levels to be as useful as the other two in the beginning.

MicH

And I think I missed more +'s. That is what I am aspiring to. Funny thing is, I know how to run an ADK team (for the most part) but I really don't know the intricacies of a Freyja or Parvati team. It seems like you just want to move things around long enough to get your orb changers going and then explode greeness on your enemies. Sound about right?

EDIT: Don't know how I forgot, but I also have a max level Odin. Does he fit into either team?
While unleashing all orbs at once is satisfying it will often leave you with any green orbs the turn atfter which is not good, as you're unable to do any damage. You want to save some orbs as well and spread out your orb changers, so you don't use them all at once. 1 green match + comboing other colors is really effective as well.

RE: Odin, I would rather want another ADK (orb change is key)

EDIT: WHOOPS! Double post, sorry guys!

So a Parv/Parv team might look like this?

Parv leader - blue to heart, leader bonus
ADK - red to green
ADK - red to green
Choo Choo - green to heart
Asgard - defense, hp

While a Freyja team seems to be pretty similar:

Freyja
ADK
ADK
Choo
Parv
Artemis friend ideally?

EDIT: I have a few Parv friends but only 1 Artemis so I think the Parv team is the way to go for me. This is a team capable of handling the new tech dungeons and later level regular ones?

ADK - red to green
ADK - red to green
Asgard - defense, hp

Freyja
ADK
ADK
Choo
Parv
Artemis friend ideally?

EDIT: I have a few Parv friends but only 1 Artemis so I think the Parv team is the way to go for me. This is a team capable of handling the new tech dungeons and later level regular ones?

Parv/Parv is solid. I'm running that and so far so good. In Ocean Heaven or whatever it is now

edit : anyone use Carbon on Android to back up? Thinking about trying to run 2 accounts off my phone, not sure how feasible that would be

Uthred

Parv/Parv is solid. I'm running that and so far so good. In Ocean Heaven or whatever it is now

edit : anyone use Carbon on Android to back up? Thinking about trying to run 2 accounts off my phone, not sure how feasible that would be

I just use ES File Explorer on Android to backup the "files" folder to the SD card. You can also easilly swtich between "accounts" by renaming the files folder in your main P&D install directory e.g. in my case when I want to play my main account I rename "ADK files" to "files" and when I want to play my secondary account I simply rename "files" to "ADK files" and change "AM files" to "files". One thing I noticed today when backing stuff up is that post update the files folder has swelled from a few KB to ~50mb, it seems to have all the new artwork stored in it

lordcyno

ADK - red to green
ADK - red to green
Asgard - defense, hp

Freyja
ADK
ADK
Choo
Parv
Artemis friend ideally?

The 4/2/2 teams seem to be the new rage (I'm jumping on the bandwagon too). I should have an evolved Artemis tomorrow although I'm also one of your Parv friends.

I run a similar team of Parv/ADK/ADK/More Cu Chu/Susano. Probably swap out an ADK or Susano for Artemis depending on the dungeon.

SaintR

'Zerk or mystic blue. Depends on which orbs you're looking to swap out more.

Edit: berserk is the heart > blue changer right

I would also say Berserk or Fenrir Knight. Berserk have more HP at lvl 1 than Kamui, but Kamui has a little bit of more attack at lvl 1.

Also Berserk has another evolution, so I would say Berserk. Since you're not gonna use them for their leader skill it really doesn't make a big difference.

I&I needs a lot of levels to be as useful as the other two in the beginning.
Thanks for the guidance ill evolve Berserk then Kamui in that order whenever I get evos for the latter. I&I will be in the back burner but I should be able to give some love to all 3 with x2 blue kings later.

The EXP bonus finally worked out in my favour for once. Got a Super bonus when leveling up my Lakshmi with 300k exp.
Nice.

MicH

The EXP bonus finally worked out in my favour for once. Got a Super bonus when leveling up my Lakshmi with 300k exp.
I am so jealous. I got two SUPERs the other day. One feeding a Chimera to another and one leveling a Pengdra.

Fuck that shit man :(

MicH

Does Freyja evolve into anything badass? Not sure if she's worth keeping around.
Freyja is among the best mono-grass team leaders in the game. She gets 2x ATK and 2x RCV as her leader skill when evolved. Definitely don't sell her, that would be TRAGIC :p

So if you have some good grass monsters, you can build a very good team around her.

MicH

Hmm. Well I already have an ADK Freyja and a green ripper. I only need two more wood monsters to make a badass wood team!
Yep! Look out for Chu Chulainn and/or Satorubi Sasuke/Susano/another ADK and you're golden! Earth Golem is great as well!

massoluk

Banned
KBPoxws.jpg

Oh come on, guys. What am I supposed to do with 14 ADK? ;)

daw840

Yep! Look out for Chu Chulainn and/or Satorubi Sasuke/Susano/another ADK and you're golden!
I've got two mystic knights sitting in wait to be leveled. Hmm. That would round out the green team. Then another ADK as my friend and it would be bedlam!!!!!

MicH

KBPoxws.jpg

Oh come on, guys. What am I supposed to do with 14 ADK? ;)
Is that MMBosstones I see? :D:D

I currently have 30 ADKs on my friend list, but I blame that on Thursday dungeon

I've got two mystic knights sitting in wait to be leveled. Hmm. That would round out the green team. Then another ADK as my friend and it would be bedlam!!!!!
Actually, a Parvati or Artemis friend would be preffered. That would give you 3x ATK, 3x RCV and 1.5 HP (Parvati) or 4x ATK, 2x RCV and 2x HP (Artemis)

Just evolved my Parvati and took her to 51. Still have thirty Pengdras. Think I'm just going to level subs now. Have a 17 GED, 42 MAX sl ADK, MSK, 42 Ceres, 22 Ceres, and 41 Susano. and 20 Odin. I don't have mats to evolve them though. I'm guessing I should focus on Susano as I managed to zerg through the dungeons during Godfest and get an Isis as my final pull to go along with the two Titans.

daw840

Here's my DK team. Do you think I should swap out the fire dragon ultimate for a light ripper? Obviously the red ripper will be evolved soon.

4628CE3C-66C2-469D-A0AC-E577E9B0D8D5-1653-000000E7A8BE3B94_zps3e68fa7e.jpg

my fiancée just got Graviton Earth Dragon, I assume she must have pulled some rare eggs or something. I was surprised!

Graviton Earth Dragon means your Fiancee put in some work. That is the final evolution of the lil' dragons, and it is NOT in the Rare gacha. The Lil's are Pal pulls and are in the lowest level of the same colored sky dragon stage (except for light and dark)...

BetaTester

Neo Member
[US] Puzzle & Dragons Database 21 Mar Update::
Friend Search is added.

Since there is a friend search in Japanese and Chinese, I decide to make one in English. Once the database grows larger, you will always be able to find a friend with the monsters you are looking for. Please tell your friends about this new feature.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/friendsearch.asp

This is a testing version. Let me know if you experience any problems.
PS: Modify form will be available in next update.

Known Issue:
If you are having trouble logging in using Chrome, try clearing your browser cache and cookies. If that doesn't work, please use another browser while I work on Chrome log in issues.

MicH

Friend Search is added.

Since there is a friend search in Japanese and Chinese, I decide to make one in English. Once the database grows larger, you will always be able to find a friend with the monsters you are looking for. Please tell your friends about this new feature.

Known Issue:
If you are having trouble logging in using Chrome, try clearing your browser cache and cookies. If that doesn't work, please use another browser while I work on Chrome log in issues.
Thanks for your amazing work. I've already gotten MANY friend requests from that feature o.o So that's nice, I guess, but I have no more room now :( :p

Here's my DK team. Do you think I should swap out the fire dragon ultimate for a light ripper? Obviously the red ripper will be evolved soon.

Yeah, I probably would go with the light ripper. The ultimate starters can do a little more than 20k damage at max level but it also takes 30 turns to charge. So unless you wanted to use him in your leader spot I would say he could be replaced.

Friend Search is added.

Known Issue:
Amazing, thanks a lot this is very helpful.

Musan

Anyone ever tried rerolling an alt account to keep hitting lvl 20 get a light or dark starter on their primary account? I think I might do that to get the dark starter, since that would be cheaper than getting a loki from the rare egg rolls.

Anyone ever tried rerolling an alt account to keep hitting lvl 20 get a light or dark starter on their primary account? I think I might do that to get the dark starter, since that would be cheaper than getting a loki from the rare egg rolls.
I haven't personally, but I know it's been done before.

Not worth it starter dragons drop like candy from skydragon dungeons and the dark one should start next monday.

Is that MMBosstones I see? :D:D

I currently have 30 ADKs on my friend list, but I blame that on Thursday dungeon

Actually, a Parvati or Artemis friend would be preffered. That would give you 3x ATK, 3x RCV and 1.5 HP (Parvati) or 4x ATK, 2x RCV and 2x HP (Artemis)

I was in a dungeon, I swear!! dammit

Friend Search is added.

Known Issue:

Love the site man. Great, great work

Fed another 5 Light Keepers to my Asgard to try and get the last skill up. Did it one at a time just in case the 2x thing came through for me. I actually got 2 greats (which was a waste with this material) and finally on the last one I got the skill up. Now to work on Midgard and Jotunn.

Question - would the 2xParvati team be capable of taking on the Light Skydragon? That team did give me over 20k hp but I can always go back to Odin-healer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom