• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggrotek

Made 2 pulls today, got the Mystic Water Knight (all I need is the Flame one now) and Persephone!

So happy. I hope she is good. 1st super rare in ages.

Damn. Spent the whole day farming for amelits and baddies and only got my Vampire Lord to level 5 (7 turns) with ~30 big baddies. I don't want to have to go through this again, especially with no 2x event.

Mashing

So I got pulled once from the rare gacha (using the free stones--put too much real money into this game so far) and got hte light ninja. Is he any good? Wood to light orb changer, +att +rcv (wtf) for physical.

razterik

So I got pulled once from the rare gacha (using the free stones--put too much real money into this game so far) and got hte light ninja. Is he any good? Wood to light orb changer, +att +rcv (wtf) for physical.

Not bad at all. Light orb changers are tough to come by. His stats are comparable to the light machine golem, so great HP and decent ATK, low RCV. His evolved form is an Indian God type for physical allies, which isn't terrible, but good luck finding someone else to run with. He'd make a great sub on a light or Valkyrie team. Like all the ninjas, though, you have to evolve him to really see his stats increase.

Kosh

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 3/23/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

J0dy77

R.I.P 5.0 event. You were good to us all and will be sorely missed.

This week was definitely a farm fest. The only evo mat ill need for a long time is yellow dubs. I was able to get all the mystic masks, rainbow keepers and rainbow dubs I needed. Farming without 2x is really painful.

Had to spend two stones last night but finally got the yellow dubs for Venus evolve. Horus team is coming together:

8EABNqsl.jpg

Productive week for me.
Idunn&Idunna -> Twin Goddesses Idunn&Idunna
0 stoned Hera Dungeon
Loki -> Loki the God of Guile
Parvati -> Parvati the Golden Goddess
Horus -> Flame Deity Falcon Horus

Thank you based 2x special dungeon event

MicH

What team do you use to take down master?
Mono color blue team. Lakshmi, Siren, Berserk, Fenrir Knight Kamui, Demon Viper Orochi and friend Lakshmi.

20k+ HP, hits like a tank and can recover everything with just a 3 heart match. Love it!

Colby

Any quick tips on how to farm Ocean of Heaven reliably? I can do some of the dungeons with damage reducers and poison but it takes a long time. Unfortunately, I don't have any Shivas to use on Neptune.

OTIX

Any quick tips on how to farm Ocean of Heaven reliably? I can do some of the dungeons with damage reducers and poison but it takes a long time. Unfortunately, I don't have any Shivas to use on Neptune.
It's a blue/light dungeon, a green/dark ADK team will blow through it very effectively. Bring a knight or something else that can reduce armour for Neptune.

It's a blue/light dungeon, a green/dark ADK team will blow through it very effectively. Bring a knight or something else that can reduce armour for Neptune.
Is it recommended to bring a knight instead of shiva? I could see a knight being super helpful against the occasional mystic mask, since its cool down is so much shorter. I had a run earlier with 3 masks, including 2 in a row and its really a toss-up whether ill survive sometimes.

Colby

I tried 2x ADK and got 2-hit at the Carbuncles. And I didn't even get close to the 48k I would need to break Neptune's defense. I'll have to farm the slow way.

harrytang

I tried 2x ADK and got 2-hit at the Carbuncles. And I didn't even get close to the 48k I would need to break Neptune's defense. I'll have to farm the slow way.

maybe i missed something but would it be easier to farm the siren level? i just got to ocean of heaven but farming on neptune seems pretty tough. feel like a green team would hit pretty hard against the siren.

maybe i missed something but would it be easier to farm the siren level? i just got to ocean of heaven but farming on neptune seems pretty tough. feel like a green team would hit pretty hard against the siren.
I think the idea is that the Neptune level has 10 battles, so 3 more chances for a plus egg. Also Neptune drops 20k gold, so you end up with ~35k per run.

harrytang

I think the idea is that the Neptune level has 10 battles, so 3 more chances for a plus egg. Also Neptune drops 20k gold, so you end up with ~35k per run.

aahhh thats what i missed. well, i tried it on siren level and mystic mask killed me round one. dohhh guess ill be farming the old way too.

Thanks to this past week's bonus events, including the amazing 2x King bonuses, my anti-Zeus team has been developing much quicker than anticipated. It's still a work in progress and the the only member I'm not sure about is CDK. Not sure if I should sub in either Echidna or Viper Orochi instead. I'm also considering tackling Zeus with a Ra team.

Also, I just discovered that you can tap the stats directly below the monster tiles to cycle through different stats. Not anything groundbreaking but could be useful for quickly comparing party stats.

NbFX8IM.jpg

wPfyL7H.jpg

Radav

Nice! I just realized I'm not too far away from a pretty nice dark team. I need Hera/Hades and to max skill my Vampire Lord.

Musan

For ocean of heaven, I run an adk team with an echidna and a dark golem. If you don't have the golem, you can use a dark knight instead. Just make sure to have echidna's skill charged up before you see the carbuncles.

Kosh

Geez, Cu Chulainn takes a lot of XP to max out. I'm not even sure I want to evolve him, I'm scared about how much it would cost to level his final evolution.

OTIX

Thanks to this past week's bonus events, including the amazing 2x King bonuses, my anti-Zeus team has been developing much quicker than anticipated. It's still a work in progress and the the only member I'm not sure about is CDK. Not sure if I should sub in either Echidna or Viper Orochi instead. I'm also considering tackling Zeus with a Ra team.
I'm assuming you'll be using a Zeus helper in which case the fourth gravity is only gonna deal about 370k damage, much less than a good orb change. You should probably drop a Hera for a delay. Is the CDK max skill? Otherwise it might be better to replace with a Vampire, a short cool down orb change is imperative for use on both chimeras and Zeus.

Ra is interesting but there's not much room for gravity on that team, and it's obviously inconsistent. How about this:

Horus
Green/Blue dual colour dragon
Vampire
Hades/Hera
Hades/Hera
Zeus

You have triple gravity, 12x multiplier, all colours covered, three dark monsters and a heart to dark change. No delay but you'd deal a ton of damage up front. Or maybe replace Vampire with Orochi and use a better green monster. There are a lot of options on Egyptian teams.

J0dy77

Starting to get very frustrated with Horus team. You need a solid roster around him or don't even try it. The squad I have currently has 9k hp and get rolled. If you miss one combo or the board goes bad it's over. Really dislike the inconsistency of the team.

Starting to get very frustrated with Horus team. You need a solid roster around him or don't even try it. The squad I have currently has 9k hp and get rolled. If you miss one combo or the board goes bad it's over. Really dislike the inconsistency of the team.

Yeah, I slotted a Wood Mech Golem Asgard just for the 3k HP boost on my Horus team. I'd like to sub in an Echidna since I don't have an Orochi, but the only way I could get a five color team with that setup would be to busty an Ice Ogre to Blue/Green, which means I'd have to get rid of that mech.

I guess I could busty Neptune to Water/Light... but I don't think I could handle the team cost.

Alternatively I just run Horus/Isis and take the 33% damage reduction from 12x instead of 16x.

J0dy77

Yeah, I slotted a Wood Mech Golem Asgard just for the 3k HP boost on my Horus team. I'd like to sub in an Echidna since I don't have an Orochi, but the only way I could get a five color team with that setup would be to busty an Ice Ogre to Blue/Green, which means I'd have to get rid of that mech.

I guess I could busty Neptune to Water/Light... but I don't think I could handle the team cost.

Alternatively I just run Horus/Isis and take the 33% damage reduction from 12x instead of 16x.

I've been running Horus/Isis exclusively, I don't even try Horus/Horus. Trying to get 4 combos consistently is unrealistic. And if the board goes bad on you you're tickling monsters for rounds and most likely wipe.

The other disadvantage I've realized with Horus/Isis teams is that your often matching 3 orbs at a time instead of 5 orb mass attacks. So when you have rounds of 4 or 5 mobs no matter how much damage they're putting out your still left with one or two mobs chipping away at you.

The way I'm seeing those types of teams working is in large dungeons with lots of boss fights with one target. When you're grinding away on trash in the standard dungeons you're better off with a more consistent team.

I'm assuming you'll be using a Zeus helper in which case the fourth gravity is only gonna deal about 370k damage, much less than a good orb change. You should probably drop a Hera for a delay. Is the CDK max skill? Otherwise it might be better to replace with a Vampire, a short cool down orb change is imperative for use on both chimeras and Zeus.

Ra is interesting but there's not much room for gravity on that team, and it's obviously inconsistent. How about this:

Horus
Green/Blue dual colour dragon
Vampire
Hades/Hera
Hades/Hera
Zeus

You have triple gravity, 12x multiplier, all colours covered, three dark monsters and a heart to dark change. No delay but you'd deal a ton of damage up front. Or maybe replace Vampire with Orochi and use a better green monster. There are a lot of options on Egyptian teams.
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I don't have a Horus. Wish I did. I figured since I'm eventually working toward a Goemon team, I didn't need Horus. But then I came across this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl8kiUEPfbk :O Yeah. I really want a Horus now. Notice, that's the Zeus from the normal dungeon Starlight Sanctuary. He has 1.5 million more HP than the special dungeon Zeus. So, that final attack did over 5 million damage in one hit. Yowzahs!

I do have a Lvl.90 max skill Duke Vamp Lord. My CDK only has a 7 turn cool-down. An Echidna/Orochi probably would be a good idea.

Regarding the helper, I've been pondering between Zeus, Loki, and possibly even the new Persephone. If I used Zeus, I'd definitely take out the second Hera. She's there if I use a Loki or Persephone helper. They each have their strengths and weaknesses. Zeus is better against Zeus himself, but Persephone and Loki would make it easier to survive the Chimeras. In fact, Persephone can even tank Zeus' regular attacks.

Here's the same player beating it with Persephone and Zeus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGrsDN95RZs

OTIX

Haha, both his Hades are max skilled, that's 10 skillups each. :)

Persephone is very interesting since it means you can blow your skills on chimeras and recharge them before Zeus. Requires a very high level team though, all three stats are gonna be critical.

Edit: That Goemon attack has over 800x multiplier guaranteed.

J0dy77

That guys account is just unreal. I can't imagine how much money he's spent on the game. He has everything and every mob is max skilled.

Does Goeman drop from any special dungeons or is he gacha only?

OTIX

That guys account is just unreal. I can't imagine how much money he's spent on the game. He has everything and every mob is max skilled.

Does Goeman drop from any special dungeons or is he gacha only?
Goemon is from a special dungeon so I assume he's not from gacha at all. The problem with him is having enough time to charge up the skills. In that video he only barely manages to do it in the normal Zeus dungeon with 10 stages. It would be very hard to do in a short descended dungeon, unless you have a Goemon team with RCV but that's gonna be highly complicated to use.

OTIX

That's pretty impressive. Watching that makes me wonder how hard a time you'd have using Horus there. I bet a good Horus setup could make short work of that dungeon. Bring a couple Heart-->Element switchers and you'd have a hard time not making a 4 element match every time.
There are only three elements in the dungeon, using Horus would be very difficult.

Kosh

2x sky dragon of wood at noon!

[US] Emerald Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 3/24/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 09:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 08:00 13:00 18:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom