• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as normal vs pengdra farming goes, the calculations above fail to account for the fact that there is a limited number of pengdras/dragons that you can hold at a time. I don't know about you guys, but I only have about 100 spaces to spare in my box, and that's only about 30 pengdras, or 1.35 million xp. I can cash in on that every Thursday, but I'm usually back to full before the end of the weekend. Taking that into account, normal might be better.

Or a knight or golem with defense break. Or one hell of a combo.
I bring shiva for Neptune's defense, but I always pop ADK's skill first to see if I can break through on my own. It's super satisfying when it works.

Caerith

As far as normal vs pengdra farming goes, the calculations above fail to account for the fact that there is a limited number of pengdras/dragons that you can hold at a time. I don't know about you guys, but I only have about 100 spaces to spare in my box, and that's only about 30 pengdras, or 1.35 million xp. I can cash in on that every Thursday, but I'm usually back to full before the end of the weekend. Taking that into account, normal might be better.
Well, naturally. These are just abstractions on feed exp/stamina ratios, mileage is going to vary all over the place.

Have you considered, though, using Thursday differently? Instead of using it as a day to "cash in" your dragons and pengdras, maybe instead try stocking up on plants before you need them? I mean, with 100 spaces, you're going to be sitting on 66 dragons and 33 pengdras before every Thursday comes around. You could instead sit on let's say 80 plants and 20 pengdras, then on dragon days you could evolve as you get them during the days, then farm up extra pengdras at night or on metal dragon days.

Personally, I hate having my inventory clogged up with dragons. I try not to let any spend the night.

I bring shiva for Neptune's defense, but I always pop ADK's skill first to see if I can break through on my own. It's super satisfying when it works.
I watched a video of someone doing Hera Descends with a green team, no poison or defense break. At one point, Neptune's HP just plummets. I'm looking forward to reaching that point with my green team.

So what's the best stuff you guys have gotten from the pal eggs? During the 5.0 update I got a rainbow keeper and a mystic mask. Everything else is pretty much just baddies with an ogre mixed in.

Anyone gotten any crazy good monsters?

Well, naturally. These are just abstractions on feed exp/stamina ratios, mileage is going to vary all over the place.

Have you considered, though, using Thursday differently? Instead of using it as a day to "cash in" your dragons and pengdras, maybe instead try stocking up on plants before you need them? I mean, with 100 spaces, you're going to be sitting on 66 dragons and 33 pengdras before every Thursday comes around. You could instead sit on let's say 80 plants and 20 pengdras, then on dragon days you could evolve as you get them during the days, then farm up extra pengdras at night or on metal dragon days.

Personally, I hate having my inventory clogged up with dragons. I try not to let any spend the night.
Yeah I always grab as many plants as possible on Thursday. I pretty much just exclusively run that dungeon throughout the day, and I try to plan it so I'll level up once. But I usually don't spend stones on stamina so I can really only get so many.

Colby

So what's the best stuff you guys have gotten from the pal eggs? During the 5.0 update I got a rainbow keeper and a mystic mask. Everything else is pretty much just baddies with an ogre mixed in.

Mostly junk, but I've gotten Vampire and Dryad, which are both useful early on. I always save pulls for events.

Not counting event PAL rolls, I've gotten Titan, Naga, and Vampire out of the PAL machine.

I'm hoping GH does a Greek Godfest soon because I have not seen a single Hermes player since 5.0. I&I so lonely...
Agreed, I would really like to have a Hermes myself.
Noci GAF is on the spreadsheet. He hasn't updated his spreadsheet entry, but he's been appearing on my friend list with Hermes all week, so that must be his main, now. He has an evolved Lvl.52 Hermes. I'm guessing he wouldn't mind me throwing his name out there, since he's already on the spreadsheet.

lordcyno

Got a titan during the last godfest from the PAL machine

Slottm

Neo Member
I've done my fair share of both leveling methods - the last set of normal dungeons (ie; vesta cave, frozen soil of prosell etc) as well as penguins. Pengdras are far more efficient if you just want to max something out. Starting from last saturday (last godfest) I maxed out my Freyja in a little over a week with nothing saved up, utilizing 0 stones. That's about 4.5m exp in a week. Feeding at 3-4k per monster increments doesn't add up as fast as you'd hope, and tends to sink your gold down extremely quickly, especially as things start costing 50k+ per feed.

My new favorite pengdra farming location is the NO/ONLY WD place. Farming Ceres dungeon is netting me several pengdras per run, about 30-55k gold, and occasionally a fully evolved pengdra here and there.

I've done my fair share of both leveling methods - the last set of normal dungeons (ie; vesta cave, frozen soil of prosell etc) as well as penguins. Pengdras are far more efficient if you just want to max something out. Starting from last saturday (last godfest) I maxed out my Freyja in a little over a week with nothing saved up, utilizing 0 stones. That's about 4.5m exp in a week. Feeding at 3-4k per monster increments doesn't add up as fast as you'd hope, and tends to sink your gold down extremely quickly, especially as things start costing 50k+ per feed.

My new favorite pengdra farming location is the NO/ONLY WD place. Farming Ceres dungeon is netting me several pengdras per run, about 30-55k gold, and occasionally a fully evolved pengdra here and there.

Can you explain how this is possible? If my math is right that's more than 30 metal dragon runs. How do you do all of that in one week without stones? Also how many box spaces do you have?

Caerith

Apparently I drastically overstated the drop rate of dragon plants.

60 stamina, 4 plants. Might as well go back to Tower of Giants at this rate.

Colby

Well, I've done four plant runs and only got one plant. And in two runs, I only got one monster! If this really is the true drop rate, I'm no longer hoarding jewel dragons.

J0dy77

Well, I've done four plant runs and only got one plant. And in two runs, I only got one monster! If this really is the true drop rate, I'm no longer hoarding jewel dragons.

I had one awful no plant run sandwiched around 2 really good runs that netted 6 plants. Can't complain thus far.

Going to be culture shock around here today w/o 2x.

J0dy77

I had a running tab on the 3rd stage of Kronos Forest vs. pengdra farming a while back when I was ~70 stamina. I was ranking up about 2-3 times a day. I don't have my numbers on me, but my fuzzy math suggested exclusive pengdra farming was still ahead by roughly 600k feed experience per week. The best option really seems to be to split between the two. Farm pengdras/plants/dragons when they are available, and spend the other days pounding away at normal dungeons.

I agree with Razer, farm both. The moral of this discussion is that there isn't 100% correct Answer, they both work. On days when you have emerald dungeons and need to level green, throw a few in. When it's metal and an off daily dungeon day run normal.

Yaari

JP getting a great event for 11mil celebration, taking place during Easter. GungHo US better deliver.

In any case we should get details soon aswell, I hope.

ParityBit

Plant hunting today it is. I haven't used my plants from last week because I had no pengdra's. Usually I finish the special dungeon by now so that I can farm them, but the Succubus eludes me and wastes all my stamina!

Radav

Man... JP players getting the crazy events like every two weeks. Kinda wish they just treated everyone who plays the game worldwide as one community. Why isn't this more popular here!@!? lol

I'm probably going to regret this but I'm not using all my stamina today on dragon plants and Im going to concentrate on finishing skilling up my Vampire and Titan. I've got like 20 baddies that need amelits to evolve. If I'm lucky enough to finish that stuff I'll just use my stamina to try and level up until next Thursday.

Kosh

[US] Emerald Dragons (20 Stamina) 3/28/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

Going to have to burn some stones on stamina today, I need emeralds and plants.

daemissary

Maybe I'm just incredibly lucky but I just got 10 dragon plants in 5 runs. So it doesn't feel all that different to me aside from only one dragon fruit.

4 runs and 2 plants. It hurts... i some how ended up with 4 flowers and 1 fruit. the drop rates in this game baffles me sometimes.

It's SOOOO hit & miss. It's actually quite incredible. I swear they just troll for the hell of it. I think it's just a giant social experiment on insanity.

'We spit shit out of the Rare and they KEEP pulling!'

Radav

The Thursday dungeon must be where all my goodluck in this game goes. I swear I average 2 plants per run even without the increased drop. I needed 4 dragon plants to clear some space for baddies/amelits ran today's dungeon and got my 4 plants. Going to be so much fun tomorrow when I run the sprite dungeon for amelits and I get everything but them.

ParityBit

I am farming plants so I can get about 50 pengdra's and level my Ammy up like crazy. My reliance on other people in this area is not cool.

EDIT : I am sick of seeds ...

Kosh

The last two weeks were 2x, so yeah it's going to suck. I'm averaging just over 1 plant per run. 9 plants out of 8 runs.

ParityBit

I currently have 50 dragon plants. If I can evolve all of those into Pendgras, I can get my Ammy to level 92.

I guess this is my path going forward. outside of the runs at the dark sky dragon for succubus when I can.

Yaari

I had some left over Plants which is nice. I did 5 runs and had only 2 plants, felt pretty bad. Luckily I pulled it somewhat right with 8 runs 5 plants, but it really sucks getting a 3-plant stage and having none of them drop.. bah.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Noci GAF is on the spreadsheet. He hasn't updated his spreadsheet entry, but he's been appearing on my friend list with Hermes all week, so that must be his main, now. He has an evolved Lvl.52 Hermes. I'm guessing he wouldn't mind me throwing his name out there, since he's already on the spreadsheet.

Yeah, I'm maining Hermes these days. So many people have added me since I switched to him, I'm up to 107 friends >.> Will always add GAF, so anyone who has need of a Hermes can add me: 393336291 Hoping to max him out today.... we'll see...

I need at least 10 more plants if I want to get my 16.5k HP Hera team ready by Monday. I only caught 10 in my first 14 runs. And I need 16 emerald dragons. I may need to spend some stones today.

TimeKillr

I need at least 10 more plants if I want to get my 16.5k HP Hera team ready by Monday. I only caught 10 in my first 14 runs. And I need 16 emerald dragons. I may need to spend some stones today.

Do we know for sure there's a Hera dungeon on monday? I missed that I think...

Yaari

Do we know for sure there's a Hera dungeon on monday? I missed that I think...

Nah its speculation. And I personally don't think its going to happen anyway. Out of all the high level dungeons, Hera has been around the most. 3 times or so. There are others that have only made it once.

That being said, nothing wrong with being prepared, but I just don't see it happening though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think I saw something a few days ago that said we're getting something, not necessarily Hera. I just want to be ready in case it is her.
I may have misinterpreted something though.

I personally think it's going to be Hera...

SaberVulcan

I am horrified at my luck last night and this morning. My last Mask run last night got me 2 Mystic Masks (round 2 and 5), and this morning I got 2 Dragon Seeds on my first run (round 2 and 5).

Ive never seen the single spawns of Mystic or Seeds before....

4 Thursday dungeon runs, 2 plants. There were also times I only got 2 or 3 drops total for the dungeon. Yep, I miss the 2x.

I should probably split my time between plant runs and emerald runs today. I've been using a Freyja/Parv-Artemis/Parv mono-green team but I could always use some xp to level the pieces up even more. I will say Freyja/Artemis seems stronger to me than double Parvati, even though with the Parv team I do have more hp.

I think I am almost to the point where I can evolve my Odin. Of course if I do that then I have one more green creature to pump up.

Radav

I personally think it's going to be Hera...

I'm really really hoping for Hera or Two Heroes. I could use both very badly. If it were Zeus I would be sad since my Dark team is still a little weak and I was not ready to attempt Hera last time it was up so I'm missing the gravity pieces for it (No Hades yet either).

So I've noticed a lot of you guys are running Mono-Wood teams. A large percentage of the my friends list from gaf is Freyja or Parvati now. How many of you guys are running a mono-color team of a different element? I could use more Fire/Dark friends and wanted to see if there was anyone I happened to be missing from my friends list that runs either of these most of the time. Oddly enough once I'm done skilling up my vampire lord I think that will be my strongest team outside of my ADK team. My fire team is getting there, once I've gotten my titan leveled/skilled up I'll be using that a bunch as well.

SaberVulcan

So I've noticed a lot of you guys are running Mono-Wood teams. A large percentage of the my friends list from gaf is Freyja or Parvati now. How many of you guys are running a mono-color team of a different element? I could use more Fire/Dark friends and wanted to see if there was anyone I happened to be missing from my friends list that runs either of these most of the time. .

My best 2 teams are mono-blue (Icedragon Depth Plesios) and Black/Green (Darkdragon Vritra). The Black/Green team is what I plan to use most of the time, its kind of a variation of an ADK team that everyone seems to run, because I like Vritra. I also have a Loki team that is waiting for me to level up to use properly, since I cannot afford to use all of my black creatures on 1 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom