• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really really hoping for Hera or Two Heroes. I could use both very badly. If it were Zeus I would be sad since my Dark team is still a little weak and I was not ready to attempt Hera last time it was up so I'm missing the gravity pieces for it (No Hades yet either).

So I've noticed a lot of you guys are running Mono-Wood teams. A large percentage of the my friends list from gaf is Freyja or Parvati now. How many of you guys are running a mono-color team of a different element? I could use more Fire/Dark friends and wanted to see if there was anyone I happened to be missing from my friends list that runs either of these most of the time. Oddly enough once I'm done skilling up my vampire lord I think that will be my strongest team outside of my ADK team. My fire team is getting there, once I've gotten my titan leveled/skilled up I'll be using that a bunch as well.

I'm running the mono-green a lot right now but I am set up for some variation. I have a mono-blue team that might be workable right now but it really needs to evolves (Fenrir and Siegfried) and some levling to make it really viable. I am going to put up my red monsters pretty soon here to see if I have the makings for a solid mono-red team as well. Oh, and I think I can do mono-dark. So, if you need me to put up a certain leader just send me an in-game message or shoot something here. During the week I will probably see it; the weekends are a bit tougher.

so i was rerolling on my phone in an attempt to maybe get a decent god leader... Jesus out of 5 rolls i have gotten Dark knight, Green Knight, Blue knight, Naga, and Black Golem... this game. i feel like this shit should be 4* and up.

StMeph

XP being scarce and my having too many different monsters needing it means I have to prioritize. Help me decide how to focus my XP:

Healers:
- 5* Valkyrie lv 43
- 5* Siren lv 48
- 5* Siren lv 29
- 5* Echidna lv 42
- 5* Lilith lv 39

Fire:
- 5* Freyr lv 20
- (same Echidna as above)
- 4* Phoenix Knight lv 59
- 4* Volcano Dragon lv 16
- 4* Tyrannos lv Max
- 6* Skydragon lv 7

Dragons
- 5* ADK lv 21
- 4* Earth Dragon lv 50
- 4* Devil Dragon lv 35
- 4* Holy Dragon lv 25
- 4* Aurora Dragon lv 35
- 6* dark Mechdragon lv 18

MicH

115.5 more to be exact. If you are heading to 99 ...

only 46 Gold kings though ...
Oh god. That is way too many, man

So I've noticed a lot of you guys are running Mono-Wood teams. A large percentage of the my friends list from gaf is Freyja or Parvati now. How many of you guys are running a mono-color team of a different element? I could use more Fire/Dark friends and wanted to see if there was anyone I happened to be missing from my friends list that runs either of these most of the time. Oddly enough once I'm done skilling up my vampire lord I think that will be my strongest team outside of my ADK team. My fire team is getting there, once I've gotten my titan leveled/skilled up I'll be using that a bunch as well.
I mainly run Lakshmi or Freyja, but do have an untrained fire and dark team. If you need an evolved Loki friend feel free to contact me.

mercviper

5 evolved Pengdras took my Amaterasu Ohkami from lvl 40 to 45. This is gonna take a while

I had five more move mine from 45-50. So much farming needed -_-

been pretty okay with drops today. 4 runs, 7 plants. I can't get red demon masks worth a damn though to evolve my titan. I've seen like 2 ever since I started. I have 8+ of every other color demon mask, and that's not including any I've since sold. Just no reds!

fake edit: fed her another set of pengdras, lvl 54 now! I was going to feed those to on-color monsters but I decided I use Amu more. Other choices would've been towards leveling Echidna to Empress, ED to GED, or ADK to something beyond 20.

SaberVulcan

Hrm, so are you guys leveling Titan just for his use in a Red team as an orb changer? I was under the impression Resoleve leaders should keep HP as low as possible, so I have been keeping my Titan unevolved, since hes my go-to Resolve man.

I'm really really hoping for Hera or Two Heroes. I could use both very badly. If it were Zeus I would be sad since my Dark team is still a little weak and I was not ready to attempt Hera last time it was up so I'm missing the gravity pieces for it (No Hades yet either).

I have a Shiva that I use a lot and a Vampire Lord that i leave up sometimes. Feel free to add me: 368,246,208

I'm really hoping Monday is Hera. I'm not ready for Zeus, I already have a Cu Chu and I really have no need for a Siegfried at the moment. I need two Hera's to put together a solid Zeus team.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hrm, so are you guys leveling Titan just for his use in a Red team as an orb changer? I was under the impression Resoleve leaders should keep HP as low as possible, so I have been keeping my Titan unevolved, since hes my go-to Resolve man.

He's a good red team member, and is useful for some end-game builds. He has a ton of HP and good attack at high levels and his skill is easy-ish to max out.

I have a Hell Queen Persephone I can put up whenever you need.

The thing about Resolve leaders is that you can easily pick up a low leveled Ogre from early game dungeons, which diminishes Titan's usefulness outside of being an orb changer.

Slottm

Neo Member
Can you explain how this is possible? If my math is right that's more than 30 metal dragon runs. How do you do all of that in one week without stones? Also how many box spaces do you have?

180 box spaces. I played my cards right due to the jewel dragon schedule, by forcing myself to level up on my 5th consecutive emerald dragon run or plant run. Thus farming only emeralds on saint patties day -> get myself within 4500 to next level the next day, run emerald dragons again the day after..then back to 4500 to next lvl on the day after...then run plants all day, etc etc. This enabled me to get 10 emerald dragon runs in every time they showed up last week (during jewel) - more on saint patties day (about 13 times when emerald showed up 3x in one day)

I've been raising 2 for an eventual Goemon team. It's currently the most potent team in the game, capable of 1-shotting the 5+ million HP Zeus at the end of Starlight Sanctuary.

Why do they put jewel dragons on plant day?! That is so annoying.
I've been complaining about that the past few weeks. Really had no choice but to keep farming the Jewel Dragons last couple Thursdays to take advantage of the 2x King drops. But now I'm just Plant/Pengdra farming today and ignoring Dragons, because I've learned that if I don't, I'm going to be running out of Plants well before next Thursday, and Jewel Dragons come around every other day anyway.

Yeah, I'm maining Hermes these days. So many people have added me since I switched to him, I'm up to 107 friends >.> Will always add GAF, so anyone who has need of a Hermes can add me: 393336291 Hoping to max him out today.... we'll see...
Oh cool. Didn't know you were Noci GAF. Your Hermes helped me beat the Water-only tech dungeon. Not surprised you've gotten so many friend requests. Out of 118 friends, you're the only Hermes on my list. That'll probably get better once we have a Water event. Looks like Artemis is much more common since we had a Wood event last week.

Radav

He's a good red team member, and is useful for some end-game builds. He has a ton of HP and good attack at high levels and his skill is easy-ish to max out.

I have a Hell Queen Persephone I can put up whenever you need.

Awesome! Persephone would be cool. I'll check the rest of the responses and make sure I have you guys on my friends list.

As for Titan. My plan is to evolve him to Red Giant Gigas and use him as part of my fire team. Also, I've been practicing alot in the endless corridor with Ra and I've had a fair amount of success getting his combo off using my Vampire to switch the heart orbs. I'd like to see how things go with 2 max skill orb changers for hearts so I'd like to try him out on my Ra team. His -rcv might preclude him from making a solid member but having the ability to switch those hearts orbs at will can make a huge difference.

TimeKillr

Okay, so I'm looking to clean up my monster box a bit because I'm starting to run out of space (I'm at 300 boxes!)

Here's what I have in duplicates that I'm not 100% sure about keeping

Freyr the War God
Freyr
Shiva (I have an evolved one)
Lakhsmi x2 (I have an evolved one)
Parvati x3 (I have an evolved one)
Green Odin (my other one is max level but not evolved)
Alraune
Fairlio (I have an Angelion)

Do you guys think I can just fuse them away? I'm running out of space (I have too many little dragons that I'm trying to evolve but I'm running out of pengdras and dragon plants)

180 box spaces. I played my cards right due to the jewel dragon schedule, by forcing myself to level up on my 5th consecutive emerald dragon run or plant run. Thus farming only emeralds on saint patties day -> get myself within 4500 to next level the next day, run emerald dragons again the day after..then back to 4500 to next lvl on the day after...then run plants all day, etc etc. This enabled me to get 10 emerald dragon runs in every time they showed up last week (during jewel) - more on saint patties day (about 13 times when emerald showed up 3x in one day)
Oh ok I forgot about St. Patties day and 2x drop on plant day. So that was kind of an isolated thing. Definitely not guaranteed every week. I actually think plants is the biggest limiting factor. I can only do maybe 25 runs in a day if I level up. With the current drop rate that would probably be 20-40 plants.

Here's my red stash:
6a086aaf6db4e81bf4b8ce149e04042a.png

- Do I level up the Shiva (nd ultimately evolve)?
- What goes with the triple Enchilada team?

Okay, so I'm looking to clean up my monster box a bit because I'm starting to run out of space (I'm at 300 boxes!)

Here's what I have in duplicates that I'm not 100% sure about keeping

Freyr the War God
Freyr
Shiva (I have an evolved one)
Lakhsmi x2 (I have an evolved one)
Parvati x3 (I have an evolved one)
Green Odin (my other one is max level but not evolved)
Alraune
Fairlio (I have an Angelion)

Do you guys think I can just fuse them away? I'm running out of space (I have too many little dragons that I'm trying to evolve but I'm running out of pengdras and dragon plants)

I would think you could get rid of the dupes at this point. Do you have any other healers aside from Alarune?

Hey guys, I was thinking of trying to help out with the OP Graphics our thread here. So I guess this is for Cosmo but I'd like to get some feedback from you guys as well. Let me know what you guys think. Show kind of a mock up of the post. Cosmo, if you do like them please feel free to stick them on there. Not trying to step on your toes at all either, I'm just a graphic designer who enjoys doing this stuff and had a lot of free time this morning lol.

padbig.png

1. Never spend your magic stones on anything aside from rare pulls and monster box expansions
2. Don't play a Special dungeon unless you are hunting for something specific in them. Otherwise you're just wasting what little stamina you have
3. This isn't quite like Bejeweled; you can move your selected gem anywhere on the board for a limited time. Try to match as much of the field as you can if possible. Link five or more of the same colored gem to unleash an AOE attack
4. Go to your Monster Box and FAV everything you don't want to accidently fuse away
5. Back your data up regularly on iTunes/iCloud/whatever. The game has no login system; your account credentials are stored in the app itself

keyinfo.png

Developer: Gung-Ho Online Entertainment
Requirements: iPod/iPhone/iPad with iOS 5.0+ or Android 2.3+
Download: iOS / Android (US) || iOS / Android / Kindle Fire (JP)
Price: Free! with IAP
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCX-Tz8KpXE

about.png

The Japanese phenomenon, now in English! Puzzle & Dragons combines Pokemon, Bejeweled, hardcore dungeon crawler RPGs, social gaming, and crack cocaine into one app. In Japan, it's remained at the top of the iTunes charts for over six months, currently has over 3 million downloads, and even got its own TV commercial.

beginners.png

GungHo's strategy for sucking your wallets dry consists of selling Magic Stones to you. Unless you hand over your credit card info, they only come from special events, logging in for X number of total days, or from clearing an entire set of stages in a dungeon. These rocks can be spent to do one a number of things:
1. Expanding your friends list (don't do this)
2. Refilling your stamina to full (don't do this unless you absolutely MUST get in one last event dungeon run)
3. Revive when you die in a dungeon (don't do this unless you got some amazing egg drop from a mob)
4. Add 5 more slots to your monster box (do this only if you don't want to get rid of anything else)
5. Spend 5 to use the rare egg gachapon (do this especially during a rare egg special event)

play.png

By adding a player to your friends list, not only do you get to add their leader to your party, but you also get the benefit of their leader skill! Fire dungeon doing too much damage to you? Bring a leader that cuts fire damage received by half! Love big numbers? Pair a friend's 2x watter attack with your own and do four times as much damage! You also get points to spend on the Pal Egg Machine, which can occasionally spit out some cool monsters.

Japanese Gods: Viper Orochi, Amaterasu
Indian Gods: Shiva
Norse Gods: none of them, norse gods suck
Misc God: Green Odin
*Special Exception: Valkyrie (can only be found in the rare egg machine and is used for unique and powerful healer teams)

Roman Gods: Venus, Hades, Neptune
Japanese Gods: Yomi
Indian Gods: Parvati, Lakshimi, Vritia
Norse Gods: lol yeh rite
Misc God: Blue Odin
Very Hard to Farm Orb Changers: Berserker, Highlander

Last Ditch effort if you are tired of rerolling

Siren the Enchanter, Ancient Dragon Knight, Archangel, Alraune

I would add the Ninjas as well

TimeKillr

I would think you could get rid of the dupes at this point. Do you have any other healers aside from Alarune?

Yeah, I do. I have 3 Sirens, 2 of which are max skilled. So I'm good for the healing department. I also have an ammy but she's level 30, not evolved (so not worth it and I don't really plan on leveling her any time soon as I just don't need her that much).

I don't think I ever need 4 Parvatis, for example, but I thought that *maybe* 2 would be good. Even then, I don't think it's that useful. 2 Shivas would've been nice for a red team, but I don't need them (I'm running Shiva, Horus, Titan, Phoenix Knight, Echidna and planning on swapping out either Echidna for a Flare Drall to have an extra orb changer).

That's part of the problem, really - I really don't know if having extras of these would be useful in the long run. Probably not, but I always feel weird getting rid of a God :)

Here's my red stash:
6a086aaf6db4e81bf4b8ce149e04042a.png

- Do I level up the Shiva (nd ultimately evolve)?
- What goes with the triple Enchilada team?

Shiva's a good leader. Great to run a Shiva team assisted with a Freyr, or another Shiva. The damage dealt and RCV is much better than dual Shivas. You'll have less HP, though.

Triple Enchilada! This serves as the basis for a Hera dungeon team. Should be noted that this person's team is highly leveled. His neptune is maxed out on +eggs. Both valks are max skilled, and all enchiladas are max skilled. With 10 turn cooldown, he takes a hit from Hera then activates Menace. With the extra turns, he heals up again to take the next hit from Hera, activates Menace #2, repeat until dead. It makes me itchy seeing him take on Hera, and not using poison on her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueEtpoPGJZQ

Japanese Gods: Viper Orochi, Amaterasu
Indian Gods: Shiva
Norse Gods: none of them, norse gods suck
Misc God: Green Odin
*Special Exception: Valkyrie (can only be found in the rare egg machine and is used for unique and powerful healer teams)

Roman Gods: Venus, Hades, Neptune
Japanese Gods: Yomi
Indian Gods: Parvati, Lakshimi, Vritia
Norse Gods: lol yeh rite
Misc God: Blue Odin
Very Hard to Farm Orb Changers: Berserker, Highlander

Last Ditch effort if you are tired of rerolling

Siren the Enchanter, Ancient Dragon Knight, Archangel, Alraune

I would add the Ninjas as well
Some stuff will definitely need to be updated. Actually, Norse gods didn't suck even before the 5.0 update. But I didn't know any better when I started out.

ccbfan

Is an indra okay starter his skills kinda blow.

The rumor is that him and Vritra are going to be Godly in 5.2 or 5.11.

Suppositely

Indra's new leader skill will be HP and RCV to God and Dragon.
Vritra's new leader skill will be HP and ATK to God and Dragon.

That is amazing for both.

While this might look like Indra's getting the short end of the stick. I actually think its better.

A 2x indra team will now be the ultimate Hell dungeon team. It's HP and recovery will be able to tank every Hell level dungeon so far. Yeah it'll take long but if you're gonna spend 50 stamina might as well use a team you can't die with.

Imagine a team of

Indra
Ceres Light
Verche
Light Neptune
Ceres Light.
Indra helper.

Thats 60K+ HP, 10K+ Plus Recovery, 2 full instaheals, 2 75 percent damage reducers, poisoner, orb cganger. IF you need more HP you can sub them for some Mech Dragons and have 80K+ HP.

Need a little more damage? Switch the Indra Helper for a Vritra,. Still over 5K+ RCV and Twice the damage.

Caerith

I don't feel bad for you. Fruits give good XP to wood. I've gotten a fuckton of flowers and they are good for shit.
I've been feeding my fruits to green, yeah. I've also gotten a fuckton of flowers, and seeds, and carbuncles. And a lot of runs with only 2 drops.

Some stuff will definitely need to be updated. Actually, Norse gods didn't suck even before the 5.0 update. But I didn't know any better when I started out.
The only thing "sucky" about Norse is the lack of an HP multiplier, but that's easily compensated for by pairing with a Greek or Indian. Mono-color gods in general are really powerful.

I've been feeding my fruits to green, yeah. I've also gotten a fuckton of flowers, and seeds, and carbuncles. And a lot of runs with only 2 drops.

The only thing "sucky" about Norse is the lack of an HP multiplier, but that's easily compensated for by pairing with a Greek or Indian. Mono-color gods in general are really powerful.

True true true. I'm in love with Norse x Greek.

lenni

And I, personally, would strike out Alraune and Archangel. I have both and don't see any use in them. Even if one isn't lucky enough to pull a healer, there's more than enough players with StE and Amaterasu.

So, yeah, the list for the first pull definitely needs some work.

I wrote that back when we were still on 4.21, and that was an accurate assessment of the Norse gods. The 5.0 version currently in the OP looks more like this:
Congratulations you just won PAD
Isis, Horus: cream of the crop Egyptian gods
Ares, Hermes, Artemis: Pair these with the following Gods for a solid 2x/4x/2x team
Freya, Idunn & Idunna, Freyja: See above

Solid leaders that will carry you to endgame, but not quite as good as the previous ones
Bastet: Similar to Isis and Horus, but easier to activate and gives a smaller damage boost in turn
Shiva, Lakshimi, Parvati, Apollo, Persephone: Don't pack quite the punch that the above do, but still make you quite unkillable
Loki: Doesn't have a proper Greek god to pair with, but is easy to level
Green Odin: Causes you to become nearly unkillable in mid-late game dungeons, but falters end-game

Leaders with flaws and solid utility monsters
Neptune, Ceres, Hades: Have cool dual elemental resistances, useful skills, and beefy stats
Viper Orochi, Amaterasu, Valkyrie: Were once cream of the crop, but newer, more difficult content has made them less useful
Thor: Lower than his Norse bretheren due to difficulty to level up
Valkyrie: Her leader ability allows you to plow through early game but struggles late game. Her orb change skill is still useful

I don't want to reroll anymore
Minerva, Indra, War Deity Odin: They have the stats but not useful skills
Siegfried, Cu Cthulain, Ancient Dragon Knight: Great utility monsters, but technically obtainable without spending cash

I might bump Horus down a tier because of how difficult it is to use him and how badly out kills your flexibility to build anything but a Rainbow team.

JP just got updated to 5.11, here's a dude
Active: your entire board turns to heart orbs
Leader: 2xHP/2xRCV to Light monsters

The other archangels have the appropriate leader skill for their element but different active skills.

Radav

The other archangels have the appropriate leader skill for their element but different active skills.

Wow that looks cool. Pretty interesting leader ability. Are the rest of the archangel's actives similar *edit* as in orb changers?

Bad stats and his active is a less useful version of full heal? Does he get an evolution or something? Seems kind of weak.

Those are his LV1 stats since it's from the monster book. The other angels, as well as the demons:

Nendil" post="413873997 said:
Fire (Uriel) - Turn Fire into Light, Dark into Heal
Water (Gabriel) - Turn Water into Light, Dark into Heal
Wood (Michael) - Turn Wood into Light, Dark into Heal
Light (Raphael) - Turn everything into Heal
Dark (Lucifer) - reduce HP to 1, and deal massive damage to one enemy

Passives are all 2x HP/RCV to their element. You may now eat your Noel Dragons.

While I'm at it, the Demons:

Fire (Belial) - Devil type 2.5x ATK
Water (Amon) - Devil type 1.5x HP/ATK/RCV
Wood (Astarot) - Devil type 2x HP/RCV
Light (Baal) - When HP is above 50%, 2.5x ATK
Dark (Lucifer) - Devil type 2x ATK/RCV

Actives are all counterattack for 5 turns in their respective element, except for Lucifer (super damage to Light types).
That is not a typo on Lucifer, which is pretty cool if you think about it. Still looking for more info on that.

Cerity

March 31: Easter Sunday
Greek Godfest at the Rare Egg Machine
Dungeon of Gold Dragons
Easter Sunday Dungeon

March 29 -> April 7
King and Super King Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine
2x Drops/1.5x Coins at the special Daily Dungeons
1 free Magic Stone each day (a total of 10!)

In addition to this, the Castle of Satan in the Abyss (the 6th Technical Dungeon) will be visited by some special guests.
Phoenix Knight, Fenrir Knight, Dragon Knight, Verche, and Dark Dragon Knight will all be up for grabs!
If you've been trying to collect these useful Orb-changers or max their skill levels, now's the time to do it!

April 1 -> April 7
2x drop rates for King Dragons

Finally, EVERY day next week will have a special event dungeon (in addition to the daily ones)!

3/31 Sunday: Easter Dungeon
4/1 Monday: Breakers
4/2 Tuesday: Hero Descended (Highlander/Berserk)
4/3 Wednesday: Breakers Return
4/4 Thursday: Zeus Descended
4/5 Friday: One Last Breakers
4/6 Saturday: Hera Descends
4/7 Sunday: Goddess Descended

I don't think I've played a game that has so many events in such a short period of time.

Nice, I just got my 5 free stones for my 60 day consecutive login today. Had to use 2 of them on some extra boxes. Glad I'll have enough though for a pull come Sunday (and probably get a titan).

MicH

HOLY SHIT! Oh MAN!

15 pal pulls saved up, YEAH!

Greek Godfest!

HERA!

I am not prepared.

What is Breakers? Who is Goddess?

TimeKillr

What's Breakers and One Last Breakers?

And god damn. GOD DAMN. Zeus + Hera + 2 Heroes + godfest? That's freaky crazy. I won't be able to do Zeus, but I can certainly try Hera! I'll have to burn a ton of stones, though :(

HOLY SHIT! Oh MAN!

15 pal pulls saved up, YEAH!

Greek Godfest!

HERA!

I am not prepared.

What is Breakers? Who is Goddess?

Goddess is prolly the Valkyrie dungeon, no?

lenni

OK, I'm saying it now: I'm not pulling! I've been burned too many times before and will use my stones on stamina refills to farm the orb changers.
Too bad I most likely won't be able to run neither Hera, Zeus nor Heroes. My team's still way too weak. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom