• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Quantum

1450 stamina used:

resists:
5 Green, 4 Dark, 3 Light, 1 Blue, 2 Red

stats boost:
5 HP, 5 ATK, 4 RCV

Unclear how I will use them at this time, guessing atk on high atk with mulitiple TPA - HP on HP multiplier - ryune?

is it worth putting dark resists on single lead for dmg reduction or spread the love to prevent 100% gravities?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nice - didnt know Baby PreDras skill up Gadius. Was able to finish mine who had one skillup left. Maybe i will give him a shot when we get his Uevo.
7 am on a Saturday means I missed Predra.

Oh well I guess it should come back at some point.
From what i have gathered online its more or less a weekly affair in Japan so there is no need to rush it.

I'm not sure about that, unless there is something I'm missing (or your team contains several units w/o TPA):

7 Combo TPA = 73.5
8 Combo = 64

8 Combo TPA = 96
9 Combo = 81

9 Combo TPA = 121.5
10 Combo = 100

Mulitplier is always higher to take TPA instead of an additional combo. The difference is even larger if you have units with 2 TPA instead of one.
I think the point you're making is correct. But I was talking about the case of having 6 light orbs and choosing between a TPA and an additional light combo, not a generic combo. Even if the whole team has two tpas, it would still favor the additional light combo.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Itc1PgM.jpg

PreDRA haul

Oh and I just started using an android app to give me an alert for when tagged dungeons are active, has been really handy.

edit: only 2 Gadius skillups from all those babys

Rixa

Nice - didnt know Baby PreDras skill up Gadius. Was able to finish mine who had one skillup left. Maybe i will give him a shot when we get his Uevo.

From what i have gathered online its more or less a weekly affair in Japan so there is no need to rush it.

Thats good, I was planning that I may use stones. Then I decided, well I pull twice from GF day 2.

Once 99 sta & 50 sta, then leveled and did 3 times 50 sta version.
- 2x Wood resist
- 1x Fire resist
- 2x Imp atk
- 1x Imp hp

Dunno who to give those, prolly keeping them in inventory so long that I figure right units.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thats good, I was planning that I may use stones. Then I decided, well I pull twice from GF day 2.

Once 99 sta & 50 sta, then leveled and did 3 times 50 sta version.
- 2x Wood resist
- 1x Fire resist
- 2x Imp atk
- 1x Imp hp

Dunno who to give those, prolly keeping them in inventory so long that I figure right units.

Heh same here kinda...i never gave a crap about the Latents because farming them was a mayor headache but now i need to start thinking about using them. I guess +ATK make most sense on 3xTPA units

I used the couple stones i had today no no GFE pulls from me - wish you luck though. I hope you pull Bastet...lol.

Rixa

Heh same here kinda...i never gave a crap about the Latents because farming them was a mayor headache but now i need to start thinking about using them. I guess +ATK make most sense on 3xTPA units

I used the couple stones i had today no no GFE pulls from me - wish you luck though. I hope you pull Bastet...lol.

Dream on. Bestcat & Isis are the targets but with 2 pulls they are prolly some warrior & sticker girl trolls.

J0dy77

1450 stamina used:

resists:
5 Green, 4 Dark, 3 Light, 1 Blue, 2 Red

stats boost:
5 HP, 5 ATK, 4 RCV

Unclear how I will use them at this time, guessing atk on high atk with mulitiple TPA - HP on HP multiplier - ryune?

is it worth putting dark resists on single lead for dmg reduction or spread the love to prevent 100% gravities?

I am going to use a bunch of stones on predra. I'm concerned about box space though. What's the best latents for kirin, yomi, Thor?

I know I need rainbow on Thor, probably hp on kirin. Not sure whet else to put them. What would you put on the kali sisters?

HGH

Banned
I get the feeling I should have stoned on those PreDras and feel like an idiot now. Ah well, still got a nice haul.

Kreed

That PreDRA dungeon was great. Ended up with:

1 Dark Resist
4 Water Resist
1 Fire Resist
3 Time Extend
1 Auto Heal
1 RCV Up
2 Attack Up
3 HP Up

I went ahead and gave the time extends to Ra and Kirin and I think I'll distribute the rest evenly among my Water team + Awoken Lucifer.

Quantum

I am going to use a bunch of stones on predra. I'm concerned about box space though. What's the best latents for kirin, yomi, Thor?

I know I need rainbow on Thor, probably hp on kirin. Not sure whet else to put them. What would you put on the kali sisters?

The more I read about latents the less I am tending to care.

- I think without question dark resist are the most important if you care about the dark preemptive in hera/scarlet
- I think rainbow is important if you are at all worried about 100% gravity

less important seem to be health, rcv and hp - certainly an argument can be had - but the small percent boost really isn't make or break for most of peoples daily play.

- the more I read the only time attack seems to matter is for speed farming lead.

With latent farming now possible I think its not as important where you place them - and so far I've only added the dark resist to my S.Dragon. I might add hp to Ryune

Atk to Urd? - not as many TPA as ares, but hits like a freight truck on my S.Dragon team.

That PreDra guerilla dungeon is fantastic! Way better than farming them from coin dungeons if you're willing to stone.

Final tally on just the resists:

17 Dark
10 Light
10 Wood
15 Water
23 Fire

I just noticed the resist latents are in opposite order than usual.

The team:

by3PbBw.jpg

The latents on the 2 Ras and Shivagon are all delay resists. Partnered with a BFF Ra that also has 2 delay resists means full push-button farming without even needing to activate Shivagon. It's just there for its skill boosts, but its active could also be used to counter the -CD if my helper lacks SDR.

As for just dumping all these extra latents willy-nilly, don't forget that any new latents beyond 5 will bump off the earliest latents. For example, my Ra has 2 SDR, and I was thinking about throwing 3 time extensions on him just to max him out since I have so many extras now. But if I later decide to add more important latents like resists or more SDR, then it would bump off his existing SDR latents due to those time extensions. So I'll leave his extra slots empty for flexibility.

Lastly does anyone know if the PreDra skills rotate? Was planning on just selling them all, but reconsidering now. Wish I didn't waste time maxing out my Gadius earlier. Never even used him yet, and now I'm sitting on 157 PreDras.

J0dy77

Nice haul George. I ended up running 9 stones worth of PreDra. Only ran the 99 stamina dungeon twice, accidentally selected it. The rest were 50 stamina runs.

One thing I did notice about the team (unfortunately towards the end of the hour), if you us your subs and your leader Ra prior to the final floor the latent tamdra does not skill reduce your friends leader Ra. I was able to go full push button this way and not have to worry about those two turns of recovery for Ra active.

Here's the haul:

Dark: 5
Light: 3
Fire: 2
Water: 4
Wood: 6

HP: 1
ATK: 6
RCV: 1
Auto: 5

Predra: 16

Just saw your note about babydra George, I didn't even realize they skilled up Gadius. That hurts. I'll have to wait until next time. Pad guide is still showing sarin skill up. Wish they separated the JP and US skillups.

Not sure I'll ever dump that many stones into this dungeon again. I was hoping to come away with a lot more MP to get me closer to a MP dragon. Only cleared about 25k total. The latents are nice, i'll have to figure out where to put them.

Lyrian

I have both of those leads and I hardly ever use Ronia/Beelz any more. Other than consistently high damage, the key is delay, short activation and versatility. You are also almost never orb screwed.

Any boss or hard floor that doesn't have delay immunity means you get multiple turns of 45x. Skill bind is never a concern. If you have Isis you get a 3 turn skill that can remove bind and reduce damage. If you need an extra punch you can sub in a damage multiplier. Big preempt? Put D. Izanami or something better in the team and the recent update means just activate a skill and with 3 heal orbs you get back to full health. The possibilities are endless.

So, in other words, I pretty much need to be expect to not only activate a skill on every turn that is not against floor trash, but also TPA the primary color of whatever team I assembled between the two AHoruses then. Correct?

Because otherwise, the damage without a full 45x is not really significantly different from a single row or a couple TPAs on a RSonia team.

Lyrian

Oh yay, an interesting Godfest to crush my hopes and dreams.

Hero pantheon against Midnight gala?

After nearly 600 days, could I flipping finally roll a black orb changer of any kind? This is moderately embarrassing at this point. Pandora? Persephone? Hanzo?

Nah, I'm expecting Zweihander, Dark Dragon Swordsman, and Grape Dragon dupes. I'm expecting nothing and will still leave the Godfest disappointed.

razterik

Don't worry, you will barely get any dark cards. My JP experience so far with 4x on a single pantheon and GFEs has been a lot of cards with no boosted rates, not even from the Gala featured.

hermit7

Light sprite has been a pain. 0/ 15 or so.

Hopefully Pandora will learn better.

Also tried to get a dark orb but wasted 150 stam or so (was only 20k off rank up so I had some to burn, but didn't get one and settled for a fire.

Will hopefully have my regular and bikini 297 after sowilo tomorrow and then use the pii from rank and stream on awoken.

jay23

Don't worry, you will barely get any dark cards. My JP experience so far with 4x on a single pantheon and GFEs has been a lot of cards with no boosted rates, not even from the Gala featured.

This is the second time I've read something like this I was planning on using all my stones but if I'm having shit luck I'll only use half.

razterik

I did pull a Light Kali, two Australis, and a heavily desired Pollux, so it wasn't all bad. You get the nice 4x pulls mixed with the worst REM junk.

Light sprite has been a pain. 0/ 15 or so.

Hopefully Pandora will learn better.

Also tried to get a dark orb but wasted 150 stam or so (was only 20k off rank up so I had some to burn, but didn't get one and settled for a fire.

Will hopefully have my regular and bikini 297 after sowilo tomorrow and then use the pii from rank and stream on awoken.

I'm like 1/20 on DQ. Getting a decent amount of drops, but this is really killing me. So hard to keep going, but my DQ is almost fully egged so I might as well finish skilling it.

Greetings everyone, can I get some advice/tips?

I'm currently having trouble on the Tower of Windy Woods-No RCU/5x4 Board "Wise Horse with Water Shield" in the Technical Dungeons. It always comes down to the 6th wave, but then these enemies (Treant's) make all of my attacks do 1 damage, and they have a lot of health. I'm rank115 and have been stuck here for the past couple of days with little to no success and it's really starting to bother me.

What should I do?

jiggle

Greetings everyone, can I get some advice/tips?

I'm currently having trouble on the Tower of Windy Woods-No RCU/5x4 Board "Wise Horse with Water Shield" in the Technical Dungeons. It always comes down to the 6th wave, but then these enemies (Treant's) make all of my attacks do 1 damage, and they have a lot of health. I'm rank115 and have been stuck here for the past couple of days with little to no success and it's really starting to bother me.

What should I do?
You need to do 60k damage in 1 turn to break their defense of 54000 and kill them
The next wave will be the same, but different element
So bring an ogre that does fire damage active skill for wave 5
Then one that does wood damage active skill for wave 6

Edit: you are gonna also want one with water attack skill for later stages

You need to do 60k damage in 1 turn to break their defense of 54000 and kill them
The next wave will be the same, but different element
So bring an ogre that does fire damage active skill for wave 5
Then one that does wood damage active skill for wave 6

Edit: you are gonna also want one with water attack skill for later stages

I was mid dungeon just now and beat it. Aqua Baron halved their defenses with Guard Break and Chaos finished them with Soul of Oblivion.

But thank you anyways. I'll definitely need this for future dungeons.

razterik

I'll go over my haul and latent thoughts later when I have more time.

Okay, finally got around to this:

87 runs of 50 stamina PreDra Infestation
Resist latents:
7 dark
9 light
12 green
8 blue
12 red

Other latents:
6 fingers
8 autoheal
9 RCV
7 ATK
9 HP

28 color PreDras, 233 babies. Had to feed 35 (ick) babies to dupe Gadius for skill ups.
Final MP haul was 33,800. 2.6k per stone or 13k per 5 stones. Obviously a way better return on investment than rolling REM for any future MP cards.

I was going to elaborate a few points about this dungeon vs resist latent farming, but someone on reddit summed it up fairly well with a chart:
Basically, if you are searching for one specific element resist latent, trying to get it here is roughly twice as stone inefficient as farming it from the respective 5x4 dungeon. Probably best to think of it as converting stones to MP at a decent exchange rate, while the latent drops are bonus. How useful that is depends largely on what you need or want from the REM vs what can be bought in the MP store. And latents are pretty much the absolute last thing to work on for a team, ie don't focus on them until everything is max level, max skilled, and +297.

As for what to do with extra or unused latents of all kinds, this guide got a pretty good laugh out of me. Ignoring the silly beautification aspects, there's some decent advice about where to put stat latents.

Jagernaut

Just max skilled Akechi. I went 4/9 at first which was great but then it took 7 more feeds to get the last skillup. 5 out of 16 total. Since the ninja dogs are not guaranteed drops I only ran Mythical on 2x days with natural stamina. I have 11 Fire Shibamaru in my box now but don't have a Sanada.

Quantum

Okay, finally got around to this:

87 runs of 50 stamina PreDra Infestation
Resist latents:
7 dark
9 light
12 green
8 blue
12 red

Other latents:
6 fingers
8 autoheal
9 RCV
7 ATK
9 HP

28 color PreDras, 233 babies. Had to feed 35 (ick) babies to dupe Gadius for skill ups.
Final MP haul was 33,800. 2.6k per stone or 13k per 5 stones. Obviously a way better return on investment than rolling REM for any future MP cards.

I was going to elaborate a few points about this dungeon vs resist latent farming, but someone on reddit summed it up fairly well with a chart:

Basically, if you are searching for one specific element resist latent, trying to get it here is roughly twice as stone inefficient as farming it from the respective 5x4 dungeon. Probably best to think of it as converting stones to MP at a decent exchange rate, while the latent drops are bonus. How useful that is depends largely on what you need or want from the REM vs what can be bought in the MP store. And latents are pretty much the absolute last thing to work on for a team, ie don't focus on them until everything is max level, max skilled, and +297.

As for what to do with extra or unused latents of all kinds, this guide got a pretty good laugh out of me. Ignoring the silly beautification aspects, there's some decent advice about where to put stat latents.

great information, and Slayed by first comment in reddit thread - because I can't tell if its satire.

edit:

I had all these big plans to farm swilo today, I have 11 free stones left but I just don't want to bother. I feel like I've been running maintenance on so many teams and have had crappy drops all week that what I was initally excited for seems like hours of dread.

pisses me off a bit too because I know if I don't use them farm ing I'll just blow them looking for a 1% chance of rolling something I don't have.

- also I ended up using +hp latents on blonia - 7204 hp now before any multiplier o.0

razterik

For reference, JP had Arena 1.0 for 7 months. It's only been 4 months for NA.

5x4 Izanami and farmable dark resist latents were first available in JP late September (25th?). 4 and 1/2 months overlap with Arena 1.0 in JP to farm piis.

NA hasn't had farmable dark resists yet outside of PreDra Infestation. Earliest I'd say we could even expect 5x4 Izanami would be March 8th. Last NA app update was Feb 4th and I don't think we will go through all of March without another.

Potential overlap for NA: 2-3 weeks at best?

FFF

I have gone 0/15 on Akechi skill ups. It's soul crushing (having a run of bad luck in all my mobile games lately 0/22 in FFRK).

Doing pretty well in +eggs but that skill up rate is just so terrible even at 2.5x.

yami4ct

PCGF Japan so far:
Alcyone (Who?)
Kanna (dupe)
Ronia (Douple Dupe. Who needs 3 Ronia?)
Earth Dragon Swordsman
Hanzo (dupe)
Isis
Genie (Screw you troll gold).

Think I'll sell all those dupes as none of them seem useful. Guess I can't be too angry about Isis and 73k MP. Hopefully I can get at least 2 more pulls and get something more useful.

Stil, Isis is a good pull. I can make the same A.Ra team I use on my US account now and she may find use on a team later. She is one of the best utility mons going.

razterik

JP PCGF rolls:

Ares (third dupe)
Shotel yuck
Indra
Bastet

Indra is cool, have all RaDra pieces except the important one of course.

Bastet is super awesome...as a pull six months ago. I suppose I can start using Vishnu, Kaede, Verdandi and Susano for something again.

jiggle

Main
Yamato
Eschamali!!!
Gabriel
Sakuya
Arcline
Thumbalina
Gamble Mage

Alt
Haku
Kaeda
DQXQ
Freyja
Baal
Fenrir(dupe)
Kopis
Kano(dupe)
Thanatos
Thanatos
Tiamat

Didn't get my most wanted Thor to use with Saria :(
Happy to have gotten escha
Too bad it's on the device without lucifer
Alt got like 3 usable cards, trolled lol

Lu Bu(Dupe)
Gadius
Ars Nova
Grenn Dragonbound, Sylvie
Marine Rider
Cursed Dragon
Chester
Chester(FFS)

Can't be mad cause I got some pretty good ones but really bummed I didn't get anything for my Yomi D team which I need badly.

Top Bottom