• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

yami4ct

So I purchased the ten-stone bundle in the shop, and it said something about a ten pull on a machine that came included. I've checked everywhere in-game but I see no such machine. I know I'm probably being an idiot. :/

It gets sent to you in the in-game mail. Look for the mail with the dragon head icon next to it.

The Rank 150 and Rank 250 free pull machines work the same way.

chrono01

It gets sent to you in the in-game mail. Look for the mail with the dragon head icon next to it.

The Rank 150 and Rank 250 free pull machines work the same way.
Thanks! I had to re-log for it to appear. All is well.

Edit: I got Nephthys. Not a dupe anyway, and I like her artwork.

Bladelaw

So I purchased the ten-stone bundle in the shop, and it said something about a ten pull on a machine that came included. I've checked everywhere in-game but I see no such machine. I know I'm probably being an idiot. :/

Check your mail. There should be a note with the pull info on it.

yami4ct

Thanks! I had to re-log for it to appear. All is well.

Edit: I got Nephthys. Not a dupe anyway, and I like her artwork.

She's a pretty decent sub and skill inheritance is making Boost awakenings more and more valuable. She's a decent pull.

When Egyptian 2's get Awakened, I could see her getting a big boost. Her active is almost great.

chrono01

Check your mail. There should be a note with the pull info on it.
Already figured it out, but thanks. :)

She's a pretty decent sub and skill inheritance is making Boost awakenings more and more valuable. She's a decent pull.

When Egyptian 2's get Awakened, I could see her getting a big boost. Her active is almost great.
Oh, nice to hear. Honestly, I'm happy with anything as long as it's not a dupe (well, a dupe that you don't need multiple copies of for specific teams). Considering she's at least halfway usable, and with a possible Awakening in the future, it's very good news for me.

Okamid3n

A year later and I still have never used more than one of my three Rodins.

Let's face it, I'm never going to bother making a push-button team. If only there was an MP card worth selling my Rodins for, then they'd finally be useful.

I could make use of You Yu, but I don't think I have a good enough team to make the plunge. I'm missing important pieces for every other good MP cards.

Grant me a Gadius, REM-god, please! I want a Xiang Mei team so much.

Spoit

How do you skillup rodins anyway? Doing that twin dragon dungeon at 88 stam a pop for a 1/3 chance? Or wasting a ton of stones to run the 99 stam tama dungeon? (Or just using pys)

How do you skillup rodins anyway? Doing that twin dragon dungeon at 88 stam a pop for a 1/3 chance? Or wasting a ton of stones to run the 99 stam tama dungeon? (Or just using pys)

I used Pys on my one. I figure I'll use him to farm eventually and I had a bunch. Don't run fire teams, so that made it an easy choice.

Quantum

I skilled my first one when the 99 stamina tama dungeon was first introduced to the coin dungeon. Think I max'd it in 15-20 stones while awakening everything.

my second is only level 2 - I don't use him often.

I've only gotten 2 skill ups after the majority of my stamina for over a week has gone towards skilling lighting. Kinda pissed me off because I wont be able to skill yuna or cecil with time remaining. (or lightning at this rate)

b33r

The special stream reward for using that website is a king gold Dragon...

Those that missed it, you should have no regrets.

yami4ct

The special stream reward for using that website is a king gold Dragon...

Those that missed it, you should have no regrets.

Hopefully this is just a test/warning that this is something they're going to do in the future and we get better rewards.

I won't begrudge free EXP, but if they're going to do special rewards, they need to be better than that.

b33r

Hopefully this is just a test/warning that this is something they're going to do in the future and we get better rewards.

I won't begrudge free EXP, but if they're going to do special rewards, they need to be better than that.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping to. Also someone was saying EU players were mad that the link was up at around 4am their time, so maybe they didn't want to give us too much and anger them more.

Hit a milestone today. Took me longer than most but still glad to see it.

cMCb7ml.png

Lyrian

Congrats on the milestone!

I remember when I hit rank 400. I figured that would be the end of my ranking days. Now with the constant 2x and sometimes 3x EXP dungeons + Monday dungeons, I'm trucking right along towards rank 500.

Keep on at it, and you will reach 250 stamina before long.

Spoit

I skilled my first one when the 99 stamina tama dungeon was first introduced to the coin dungeon. Think I max'd it in 15-20 stones while awakening everything.

my second is only level 2 - I don't use him often.

I've only gotten 2 skill ups after the majority of my stamina for over a week has gone towards skilling lighting. Kinda pissed me off because I wont be able to skill yuna or cecil with time remaining. (or lightning at this rate)

Yeah, screw that. Pys it is

b33r

Congrats, I hit 400 not that long ago myself. And like above said, with Monday dungeon and 2x exp often, easier to rank up these days. I'm now getting pretty close to having 250 stamina.

NineH

The drop rate of Lightning's sword is so rage inducing. I've been running the 50 stamina dungeon nonstop and Orphan dropped each and every time. I ran the 15 stamina one once today since I was getting frustrated and the sword dropped the first time I ran it. Of course, I can't get another sword to drop but at this point I'm just gonna get them when I get them and not stress too much about it. I've max skilled all the 5 star golds from the FF REM so I'm like whatever now.

Bladelaw

So what's the guess on which Gala will be active for PCGF? I'm thinking light based on the current water/light jewel princess skill ups being available.

Is a light (not rainbow) based light TPA team a thing? Worst case she could be an inherit on a Shiva/Bastet/You Yu/Rukia team the problem will be the effective 18-21 turn cooldown. Nut would be a good host in Rukia/You Yu.

Kwhit10

So what's the guess on which Gala will be active for PCGF? I'm thinking light based on the current water/light jewel princess skill ups being available.

Is a light (not rainbow) based light TPA team a thing? Worst case she could be an inherit on a Shiva/Bastet/You Yu/Rukia team the problem will be the effective 18-21 turn cooldown. Nut would be a good host in Rukia/You Yu.

I use my lkali team as a light tpa team with Kanna. But I use a dual color tpa team either with 2 dkali or orochi and sun quan for blue.

Bladelaw

So many possibilities...i will need some time to see what i should focus on.
Well at least we have JP knowledge to pull from.

I believe I have an arena ready AALuci team. I was able to clear extreme endless for the first time with it. It's the standard Arena team.
AALuci, D/R Haku, Akechi, eschamali, Yomidra, AALuci friend. Might need to skill up a couple cards to be consistent though.

Bladelaw

So if I have 2 skill delay resists on awoken Ra and attach him to someone will I get the benefit of those latents on the host monster?

smbu2000

So if I have 2 skill delay resists on awoken Ra and attach him to someone will I get the benefit of those latents on the host monster?
Only the active skill will be passed on for as long as they are attached, nothing else.
JP player rank distribution, all accounts that have logged in in the past month I think
CjTUfvVVEAEalM_.jpg
I'm surprised at how high the percentage is at the lower ranks since it has gotten much easier to rank up.

Both of mine are in the 500-600 range and I don't try as hard on my secondary one. It has gotten much more use with multi though.

Quantum

JP player rank distribution, all accounts that have logged in in the past month I think
CjTUfvVVEAEalM_.jpg

guessing the US server is skewed more to the left - which is the reverse of my friends list - the vast majority of my friends are high rank at this point.

I am closing in on rank 500, but I haven't been trying really.

yami4ct

Launching Skill Inheritance and not launching the Tan dungeon the same day is a bit of an odd move, but eh. Color me super damn excited to mess around with this stuff. My RaDra team is going to be very happy.

yeah, if you're 3 turns charged towards your 2nd skill and you get a 2 turn skill delay, you still have your first skill available.

Yep. It's a common tactic as well.

Just know that if you're doing that, it's actually better to not skill up the equipped card as it gives you more room for the free delays.

Lyrian

CjTUfvVVEAEalM_.jpg

Holy single-tailed distribution, Batman!

Given how common Experience of a Lifetime is and other experience bonuses, the churn on this game is unreal. No wonder I can't find any new leader friends at my rank that aren't running RaDra/YomiDra most of the time.

Assuming a basis of 1mm active accounts in JP,

Rank 001 - 100 --> 440,000 (44%)
Rank 101 - 200 --> 340,000 (78%)
Rank 201 - 300 --> 170,000 (95%)
Rank 301 - 400 --> 30,000 (98%)
Rank 401 - 500 --> 10,000 (99%)
Rank 501 - 600 --> 2,000 (99+%)
Rank 601 - 700 --> 300 (99+%)
Rank 701 - 800 --> 40 (99+%)
Rank 801 - 900 --> 8 (99+%)
Rank 901 - 999 --> 3 (99+%)
The account that actually reached Rank 1000 quit/retired?

If NA only has half that number, that is even more scary. Guess that Rank 350 Memorial REM will probably never happen. On the other hand, given how that a very considerable amount of content is balanced towards the very high rank players (L+ and M+, rogues), it is amazing how many resources are spent on the top 1% of ranked players.

linsivvi

Those useless elementals are effectively a 20 turn skill delay resist for any monster, right?

I have two Awoken Meimei that I never use. Guess I will put both of them on my Pandora team.

On the other hand, given how that a very considerable amount of content is balanced towards the very high rank players (L+ and M+, rogues), it is amazing how many resources are spent on the top 1% of ranked players.

I'd wager the spending habits of active players is the inverse of this graph, so

edit: wait I'm dumb I saw that retweeted by YamaP and thought it was recent; it's actually like two years old lol. He is apparently saying an updated version will be shown on the stream this weekend.

edit 2: waifu rem/dungeon added in 9.2
http://minpuzz.com/blog-entry-11228.html
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/80922823081598976/185083780262920193/1464194593592.png

Lyrian

Launching Skill Inheritance and not launching the Tan dungeon the same day is a bit of an odd move, but eh.

Likely for two reasons:

1) Unknown how stable the new systems would be on Day 1. Complications might have cut into someone's urgent dungeon times, which would generate screaming and compensation.

2) To give a window of time for whales to buy the tans from the MP shop before the urgent dungeon is released to the public. (See: how GungHo handled latent tamadras before relasing Tamadra Infestation)

yami4ct

Those useless elementals are effectively a 20 turn skill delay resist for any monster, right?

I have two Awoken Meimei that I never use. Guess I will put both of them on my Pandora team.

Elementals are actually extremely useful as Skill Inheritance, and not for delays. Their active is a 100% shield for 3 turns against a color. That's actually incredibly useful in a lot of cases. Genie in particular sees a lot of use since there are a ton of high hitting dark monsters and ones with big preemptives. If you want cards that benefited the most from the system. They are arguably pretty valuable now.

Bladelaw

Launching Skill Inheritance and not launching the Tan dungeon the same day is a bit of an odd move, but eh. Color me super damn excited to mess around with this stuff. My RaDra team is going to be very happy.

Yep. It's a common tactic as well.

Just know that if you're doing that, it's actually better to not skill up the equipped card as it gives you more room for the free delays.

Who are you planning on slotting on Ra Dragon? I'm waffling between muse and Sheen. If I don't pull Isis in the PCGF I'll probably slot Sheen in.

My current plan is
Ra dragon --> Muse or Sheen
D. Kali --> A. Ra
D. Kali --> ??? Orochi if I don't get Isis maybe?
Isis/Muse --> Orochi if Isis, ??? For Muse
Indra --> ???

yami4ct

Who are you planning on slotting on Ra Dragon? I'm waffling between muse and Sheen. If I don't pull Isis in the PCGF I'll probably slot Sheen in.

My current plan is
Ra dragon --> Muse or Sheen
D. Kali --> A. Ra
D. Kali --> ??? Orochi if I don't get Isis maybe?
Isis/Muse --> Orochi if Isis, ??? For Muse
Indra --> ???

RaDra->Santa Genie
D.Kali->D.Kali
D. Kali->?
Amaterasu->A. Ra? Maybe
Isis->Orochi

Genie and Orochi are the big ones for me. We're best friends right? If so, either Sheen or Muse would be amazing for me. I really need friends with some sort of boost active, since I'm lacking there. I totally forgot about how good the Jewel Princesses would be for SI. Their actives are super cool.

Bladelaw

RaDra->Santa Genie
D.Kali->D.Kali
D. Kali->?
Amaterasu->A. Ra? Maybe
Isis->Orochi

Genie and Orochi are the big ones for me. We're best friends right? If so, either Sheen or Muse would be amazing for me. I really need friends with some sort of boost active, since I'm lacking there. I totally forgot about how good the Jewel Princesses would be for SI. Their actives are super cool.
Yep that's why I asked.
Honestly the only thing that would keep me from using muse as the inherit is not pulling Isis. Sheen has proven very effective on a lot of dark teams I've tried.

yami4ct

Yep that's why I asked.
Honestly the only thing that would keep me from using muse as the inherit is not pulling Isis. Sheen has proven very effective on a lot of dark teams I've tried.

Sheen has a bit of a hard time justifying her CD unless you get like 10 TEs, so I would say Muse is still preferable. Given that boost active basically only exists for Arena, it's not really required to have a lower CD, but it's nice.

Do mini Time Extends count or only natural ones?

I'm still debating on what to put in that last D.Kali slot. It honestly doesn't probably matter, since the only reason to have a secondary active on D. Kali is to get free SDRs. Will probably just pick a random long active unless I pull another D. Kali style active card.

Bladelaw

Sheen has a bit of a hard time justifying her CD unless you get like 10 TEs, so I would say Muse is still preferable. Given that boost active basically only exists for Arena, it's not really required to have a lower CD, but it's nice.

Do mini Time Extends count or only natural ones?

I'm still debating on what to put in that last D.Kali slot. It honestly doesn't probably matter, since the only reason to have a secondary active on D. Kali is to get free SDRs. Will probably just pick a random long active unless I pull another D. Kali style active card.
Only natural unfortunately.

Too bad Gainaut and Jorm can't be slotted on anyone. I'll put Ichigo on the second D. Kali I think.

yami4ct

Only natural unfortunately.

Too bad Gainaut and Jorm can't be slotted on anyone. I'll put Ichigo on the second D. Kali I think.

The D.Kali+ collab monsters are both fantastic D.Kali slots. Lightning's true damage is probably better, but both her and Ichigo are great. If you charge all the way, you get a nice little boost. If not, no big deal.

Top Bottom