• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

b33r

What were the subs? I have some stamina to waste and haven't attempted Volsung yet.

Bastet is supposed to be a good team to use but I don't have any good TPA sub's like Vishnu/liu bei.

This site updates every 10 minutes
http://mypadmail.com/simple

Full team was Ryune, Blonia, Summurd, Andromeda, a. Karin, Blonia. Not all are max skilled either, but there are some easy floors to stall on. The plan was supposed to be Blonia leader and Ryune would have replaced her as sub, but I had wrong team slot up, and the extra hit points were nice.

Edit: Both Blonias and Ryune plussed out, rest of the team has about half the plus eggs.

kikkai

Neo Member
Since Verdandi isn't even in the top 50 in voting, I guess I am not pulling for anything in particular. I do only have two of the top 25 *shrugs* Of course, I would love to get a DKali. Or Anubis.

I'm so excited for pcgf.

yami4ct

Current lineup looks like a great general purpose line-up. Outside of RaDra and Xiang Mei, there's no real full teams in there, which is weird, but there's a ton of great utility. Glad to see subs getting valued. I remembered the days when the PCGF was pretty much just powerful leads.

Lyrian

9 PM PDT Update:

Not enough of a change to really warrant rewriting the list this hour.

The at-risk cards (7-10) aren't really moving, but the Pack has reached ~295 votes each. There's about a 20 vote difference from the pack to the 7-10 cards, which **might** be enough to make to the end. If not, the pack won't reach them until the final hour at best.

Lyrian

10 PM PDT Update:

The train is finally hitting its limits, it seems. As more of the U.S. is heading to bed for their work shifts Monday morning, the pack is slowing down considerably.

I don't believe that the pack will catch up with the next set of cards at 7th - 10th, which is still about a 15 vote gap. The pack might come close, but I doubt that it has enough momentum left to get there in the next two hours.

On the other hand, as expected, 11th through 28th is anyone's guess. The final settling place of any of these cards will only be decided the moment when the music finally stops playing in two hours.

11 PM PDT Update:

The pack is now 8-10 votes behind the 7th to 10th place (Pandora, Shiva, Sakuya, LKali) cards. There may be an chance that this group of cards gets consumed in the final minutes of voting. Last second voting seems to be giving one more final push for the pack.

11:30 PM PDT Update:

The pack is 5 votes away from the 7th to 10th cards. Going to be a photo finish...

11:55 PM PDT Update:

The pack caught up with the 7-10 cards. It's all completely random between 7th and 28th place right now, with moments left to go.

Lyrian

If Akechi gets knocked out by Bastet, I am not going to be happy at all...

Waiting on the last script update in 5 minutes or so.

But, there's some big cards that were on the bubble with 2-3 mins to go.

Orochi was 23rd, Akechi was 24th, Ilm was 25th.

Bastet, Amaretasu, and Ra were on the outside looking in.

divusrex

Waiting on the last script update in 5 minutes or so.

But, there's some big cards that were on the bubble with 2-3 mins to go.

Orochi was 23rd, Akechi was 24th, Ilm was 25th.

Bastet, Amaretasu, and Ra were on the outside looking in.

I'm waiting too, I think the script just got updated 2 min ago (12:04 AM on my clock).

It seems like Haku snuck past Bastet and Ilm got saved by 6 votes. I'm seeing Raphael being #25 by 2 votes.

Lyrian

Final PCGF(NA) Standings

Last minute data manipulators? Nah.... Ilm from 25th to 11th in the last two minutes? Lucifer and Gadius in the top 10? Nothing to see here at all....

Unofficial Final Standings
--------------------
1) Eschamali 963
2) Dkali 826
3) Scheat 375
4) Yomi 350
5) Rodin 340
6) Isis 313
7) Pandora 324
8) FA Lucifer 324
9) Gadius 321
10) Skuld 321
11) Ilm 321
12) Uriel 321
13) Indra 321
14) Shiva 321
15) Sakuya 320
16) Susano 320
17) Orochi 320
18) Akeshi 319
19) Bonia 319
20) Ryune 319
21) DQXQ 319
22) LKali 319
23) I&I 319
24) Haku 319
25) Raphael 318
26) Bastet 316
27) Amaretasu 315
28) Ra 309

Interestingly, had the vote had **one** more minute to it, LKali could have been voted out. No one was paying attention to her in the frantic last 5 minutes once the pack caught up with the top 10.

b33r

There is 7 cards I want in the final poll and I will pull whatever stones I can save up for it. I am non iap until I start working again, and if those pulls are enough Uriels and Gadius, Xiang Mei. Otherwise You Yu for me.

J0dy77

I've been avoiding reading up on the skill inheritance system until the patch came over to the US. It just seemed confusing without being able to go hands on in the game client. Anyone want to give me the quick synopsis or link me a good read on inheritance?

I've been avoiding reading up on the skill inheritance system until the patch came over to the US. It just seemed confusing without being able to go hands on in the game client. Anyone want to give me the quick synopsis or link me a good read on inheritance?
Any base monster is eligible for inheritance.
Only max level/awakened REM cards are eligible to be inherited.
Inheritance costs ~2mil and 4 tans, 2 of each of the inherited monster's attribute and subattribute. Tans generally come from a new guerilla dungeon that is piss easy, but can be found elsewhere.
In 9.0.3, the card must not be favorited in order to be inherited; this bug will get removed in 9.1.
The inherited monster can be further skilled up but can't be evolved.
The cooldown of the inherited monster's skill gets added to the cooldown of the base monster. After the second skill activates, you no longer have access to the first skill. Many players like to put "better" versions of the base skill as an inherited skill for this reason.
You can use inheritance as a ghetto skill delay resist.

Bladelaw

There is 7 cards I want in the final poll and I will pull whatever stones I can save up for it. I am non iap until I start working again, and if those pulls are enough Uriels and Gadius, Xiang Mei. Otherwise You Yu for me.

Right there with you. I can use 10 of the top 25 easily. I'd almost prefer going You Yu since I already have two blue hypermaxed cards (Rukia/Sheat) which would make a fully hyper team a trivial endeavor since I'm sitting on two 297 mules and another 1/2 way there.

The skill up event was kind enough to me. I managed to max skill Cecil and he's done great work in my A. Pandra team. The Cecil/D. Valk combo is up there with Zuoh/Aketchi for a strong burst mid dungeon or Cecil on his own as a mini burst + heal barring some light orb trolling.

All told I skilled up, D. Kali #2 (yay Ra Dragon can drop Ichigo!), every non REM FF drop, Terra, Cecil, Seraph Lucifer (Thanks Kanetsugu!), Sheen. No luck on Castor because I'm sitting on enough dark cards that unless I need his SBR he gets bumped by 6 other cards on valid teams. I wanted to skill up Bartz but his sword just wouldn't drop. And even still I'm not sure how useful he'd be on Sylvie/Freyja compared to the rest of my green box.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention I built some jammer teams for kicks since I finally evo'ed Gainaut. I tried a few different jammer configurations (rainbow, all dark, Urahara lead) and the results are obvious but interesting:

Rainbow Fenrir can deal an absurd amount of damage if the RNG gods love you. Underlevelled in Endless a 400x was doing millions of damage. I missed the screenshot since I wasn't expecting skyfall to cooperate. It's inconsistent as hell and if you have any other rainbow team use that. Sakuya, Ra, Ra Dragon, Kali all worked more reliably as leads.

All Dark Fenrir basically focused on me having three fenrirs so I always had jammers available. With a couple utility subs (Yomidragon, and D. Valk in my case) 100x pretty much at will but against non gods the damage wasn't anything I couldn't pull off with A. Pandora and I sacrifice a ton of utility (HP/RCV too) to make it happen. Actually a great farm team but if you can put it together you probably don't need to.

Urahara is a different sort. Basically wood rows and Algedi subs. If I can get Algedi skill ups I think I'll actually run with this team when I feel the urge to change it up. Giving up the HP/ATK/RCV boost of Norsebound is still difficult once you've gotten use to the buffer but the damage potential and ease of use can't be denied. The team was Urahara leads. Perseus, and 3 Algedis. Once max skilled the team will be able to pump out as much green and jammers as I need, Perseus is there to cover SBR, bring more rows, and generate hearts to either clear binds or just not die. In a dungeon with no resolve or OHKO pre-emptive attack enemies I can see this team working very well. As long as I don't need a delay, or shield, I should be able to burst everything down. The Urahara hastes will keep the Algedis up, Perseus covers cleric duties while also bringing a couple rows

J0dy77

Any base monster is eligible for inheritance.
Only max level/awakened REM cards are eligible to be inherited.
Inheritance costs ~2mil and 4 tans, 2 of each of the inherited monster's attribute and subattribute. Tans generally come from a new guerilla dungeon that is piss easy, but can be found elsewhere.
In 9.0.3, the card must not be favorited in order to be inherited; this bug will get removed in 9.1.
The inherited monster can be further skilled up but can't be evolved.
The cooldown of the inherited monster's skill gets added to the cooldown of the base monster. After the second skill activates, you no longer have access to the first skill. Many players like to put "better" versions of the base skill as an inherited skill for this reason.
You can use inheritance as a ghetto skill delay resist.

Thanks Cosmo. What happens to the card that I use to inherit? Can I still use that card?

I'm planning for my Xiang Mei team and using Red Valk for her healer status and row enhance. Id like to drop Urd or Yamato active on her and burn valks active early with xiang mei.

So the inherited card must be in its ultimate form (if it exists)? I.e. max level form 1 Sun Quan wouldn't work?
Just checked my Phoenix Rider and it works.

Thanks Cosmo. What happens to the card that I use to inherit? Can I still use that card?
Can't use it anywhere, it's effectively "linked" to the parent card but you can break the link at any time for free. I think originally you had to sacrifice the sub card which is where some of the weirder rules like unfavoriting come from.

Lyrian

How can FA Lucifer and Pandora be the same votes wise? I swear my friends list is ALL Pandora and maybe one Luci...

FA Lucifer received the benefit of ** a lot ** of vote manipulation in the last few minutes of voting. Nobody was really paying attention to Pandora, who received a lot of votes early and was then forgotten as the masses assumed that she was a safe card to get in.

Had the voting lasted five minutes longer, Pandora could have seriously missed the entire cut as no one was paying attention to her.

J0dy77

Just checked my Phoenix Rider and it works.

Can't use it anywhere, it's effectively "linked" to the parent card but you can break the link at any time for free. I think originally you had to sacrifice the sub card which is where some of the weirder rules like unfavoriting come from.

Got it, that's kind of the rub. Now to start working on skilling up and leveling my second Urd. I kept her for this reason and I'll definitely need her on this team.

Bladelaw

A. Pandora team question:
How do you compensate for Zuoh's lack of RCV?

I'm seriously considering throwing my +99 rcv mule on him. I'm currently running A. Pandora, dkcecil, D. Valkyrie, Akechi, and Zuoh. I feel like I need to match a ton of hearts to heal up even with a lot of combos.

Taz

I'm seriously considering throwing my +99 rcv mule on him. I'm currently running A. Pandora, dkcecil, D. Valkyrie, Akechi, and Zuoh. I feel like I need to match a ton of hearts to heal up even with a lot of combos.

Who needs recovery when you're hitting 3mil plus ever floor, but on a serious note I run 2 Zuohs with 1 hyper maxed and the other with about 150 eggs and it's fine, you just need to get used to what you need to match to heal up.

Bladelaw

Plus eggs or use high rcv subs like super ultimate Pandora.

Who needs recovery when you're hitting 3mil plus ever floor, but on a serious note I run 2 Zuohs with 1 hyper maxed and the other with about 150 eggs and it's fine, you just need to get used to what you need to match to heal up.
So kind of what I thought. My rcv is currently 3000ish on the team and HP clocks in at 35000 with a hypermax friend after Pandora buffs.

Once things shake out from the PCGF I may just start hypering Pandora's team.

yami4ct

I run Ult Panda. My team is A.Panda/Hanzo/Uuevo Panda/Akechi/Zuoh/A.Panda. RCV isn't RaDrag levels of stupid, but I can get back from most hits relatively easily. Panda generating heart orbs and Uuevo Panda's ability to enhance them helps too.

Bladelaw

I run Ult Panda. My team is A.Panda/Hanzo/Uuevo Panda/Akechi/Zuoh/A.Panda. RCV isn't RaDrag levels of stupid, but I can get back from most hits relatively easily. Panda generating heart orbs and Uuevo Panda's ability to enhance them helps too.
If I get another Pandora during PCGF I'll absolutely be using her. Cecil has been pulling his weight though. No Hanzo so I'm using D. Valk which isn't bad at all given her rcv.

I'm not having trouble with the team FYI I'm just curious what I can do to improve even more. I'm looking at an arena run tonight just for kicks.

yami4ct

If I get another Pandora during PCGF I'll absolutely be using her. Cecil has been pulling his weight though. No Hanzo so I'm using D. Valk which isn't bad at all given her rcv.

I'm not having trouble with the team FYI I'm just curious what I can do to improve even more. I'm looking at an arena run tonight just for kicks.

D.Valk is actually preferable IMO. I would totally swap Hanzo for her if I had an opportunity Hanzo is basically just a repeat Akechi on a shorter CD. D.Valk provides an alternate generation source and combos well with Akechi and Panda's actives.

Bladelaw

D.Valk is actually preferable IMO. I would totally swap Hanzo for her if I had an opportunity Hanzo is basically just a repeat Akechi on a shorter CD. D.Valk provides an alternate generation source and combos well with Akechi and Panda's actives.

I feel like this team more than most gets a huge boost via +eggs. I keep waffling about where I should dump my +eggs. At the moment I'm planning on You Yu's eventual arrival in NA since I can use him with Scheat and Rukia, meaning I'll only need one more +297 for a full hypermax team (2 hypers are currently banked).

The You Yu team I'm planning on running is You Yu, Rukia, Andromeda, Scheat, Sumire, You Yu. All max skilled, all will be +297.

Sumire is there for the SBR, Orb Enhance, and the guaranteed combo active. I could drop Rukia for Nut if I don't mind losing the haste and SBR but I'd need another hypermax.

Alternatively I could really focus on my Pandora team. Hypering Panda is safe, giving her my badpys seems like a solid investment. I'd dump my 297's into Pandora and Zuoh since I think they'd give me the best return. I don't have enough Pandora friends to really take advantage of that though (not that it would be hard to get A. Pandora friends).

On one hand, Pandora is a known quantity, very powerful, easy to use, and most importantly, already here and mine, but vulnerable to combo shields. You Yu is absurdly damaging with trivial effort (compared to Rukia/Ra Dragon) has some issues with durability without a shield or latents, I'm missing the premier blue bind clear in Isis (but I do have snow white).

Any advice on which course to ride?

yami4ct

I feel like this team more than most gets a huge boost via +eggs. I keep waffling about where I should dump my +eggs. At the moment I'm planning on You Yu's eventual arrival in NA since I can use him with Scheat and Rukia, meaning I'll only need one more +297 for a full hypermax team (2 hypers are currently banked).

The You Yu team I'm planning on running is You Yu, Rukia, Andromeda, Scheat, Sumire, You Yu. All max skilled, all will be +297.

Sumire is there for the SBR, Orb Enhance, and the guaranteed combo active. I could drop Rukia for Nut if I don't mind losing the haste but I'd need another hypermax.

Alternatively I could really focus on my Pandora team. Hypering Panda is safe, giving her my badpys seems like a solid investment. I'd dump my 297's into Pandora and Zuoh since I think they'd give me the best return. I don't have enough Pandora friends to really take advantage of that though (not that it would be hard to get A. Pandora friends).

On one hand, Pandora is a known quantity, very powerful, easy to use, and most importantly, already here and mine, but vulnerable to combo shields. You Yu is absurdly damaging with trivial effort (compared to Rukia/Ra Dragon) has some issues with durability without a shield or latents, I'm missing the premier blue bind clear in Isis (but I do have snow white).

Any advice on which course to ride?

Any sub you put +eggs to is going to be pretty much the same outcome damage/RCV/HP wise due to the very nature of that team. Row based means everything is a mass attack. RCV/HP are already additive. It doesn't matter where you put the plusses. I would throw them into Panda to boost people picking your lead and Akechi as he's the most general purpose dark sub. You can just go wherever from there.

I would say You Yu vs Panda is something that's pretty easy to decide once see what you pull in the PCGF. If you get a second Panda, she's your girl. I think even despite her issues, she's the stronger team overall. If you get Isis and no Panda, You Yu might be better for you. If you don't get either, Panda is probably better, but it's a coin flip.

Those teams both have their own niches, and as +eggs are getting easier and easier to farm, you can pretty easily build both given a tad bit of time.

Spoit

So random question. Looking at some tier lists, anyone have any idea why Awoken lucifer is ranked higher than awoken pandora?

yami4ct

So random question. Looking at some tier lists, anyone have any idea why Awoken lucifer is ranked higher than awoken pandora?

That's only Game8, right? I was a bit sad to see that crop again.

A. Luci is theoretically a bit more flexible, god killer is nice, and can get 3 rows on a perfect board where Panda can only fit 2 due to her active requiring more than a row to fully multiply.

Still, with Panda's better active, her fingers and the fact that most of the dark subs you want she can use, she's pretty much unilaterally the better lead. Game8 are nuts.

Spoit

That's only Game8, right? I was a bit sad to see that crop again.

A. Luci is theoretically a bit more flexible, god killer is nice, and can get 3 rows on a perfect board where Panda can only fit 2 due to her active requiring more than a row to fully multiply.

Still, with Panda's better active, her fingers and the fact that most of the dark subs you want she can use, she's pretty much unilaterally the better lead. Game8 are nuts.

I was looking at a meta-list: https://setsupad.wordpress.com/2016/05/21/jp-aggregate-leader-list-week-15/#more-10842 He's above her on 2 other ratings, and tied on one other

b33r

Yeah those Japanese tier lists are heavily skewed towards multiplayer. He mentions it in his last few aggregate posts and he is not a fan of it. I mean machine Zeus is at the top and You Yu, who I am a fan of, should not be that high, he doesn't have the hp for a lot of end game content. The only reason he is, is multiplayer hp bonus.

So for single player you really have to take those with a grain of salt.

yami4ct

Any chance this will come to NA? This is the rem I would horde all my stones for. Great cards or great mps.

It's a 1-time use thing it seems.

Given we just got our own budget REM, I would not be too shocked to see GH bring a one shot REM like this here.

Edit:

Looking at PAD Reddit, maybe not? I kind of imagine it has to be, but who knows. Guess we'll see.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
'Mail finally tell you what's inside it"

Megaton... Also Sumire and similar leads will get some kind of boost. Would be perfect if the cross hearts would work against preemptives.

Bladelaw

Thanks for the push to burn +eggs PadGAF. I dumped them into Pandora and Akechi and the difference was staggering. Just an extra 600 RCV made all the difference in sustain. I might hyper this team. My biggest issue is binds. What do people use to counter? I have a couple options but none are great. Nobunaga would obviously be perfect but until he's in the US and the gods smile on me I'm stuck with Sleeping Beauty, Sheen, and Yomi Dragon on color. I have other options if I want to go off color.

Thanks for the push to burn +eggs PadGAF. I dumped them into Pandora and Akechi and the difference was staggering. Just an extra 600 RCV made all the difference in sustain. I might hyper this team. My biggest issue is binds. What do people use to counter? I have a couple options but none are great. Nobunaga would obviously be perfect but until he's in the US and the gods smile on me I'm stuck with Sleeping Beauty, Sheen, and Yomi Dragon on color. I have other options if I want to go off color.

Well, unless it's a bind leaders or it binds everyone, Pandora usually does the job clearing binds. If binds are really bad, I just put in A. Ama, like in Nordis. I don't have any on type unbindable bindclearer. I think Typhon can do the job too, but not Devil.

Bladelaw

Sleeping Beauty is fine since she gets the devil stats boost.

Unfortunately her skill up doesn't exist in NA. I'll still sub her in when I need it but man I'd really like to have it inherited on something with better stats. Though how often is one globally bound in a dungeon?

EDIT: I did a stat comparison for Sleeping beauty (after Pandora buff) and Uevo Typhon to see which is stronger.
Typhon has a trivial amount of extra HP (less than 100 more) (SB = ~3946 T = 4013)
Typhon has 500 less ATK (SB = ~2140 T = 1646)
Typhon has 100 less RCV (SB = ~491 T = 386)

So yeah Sleeping Beauty wins handily. Typhon active can troll you out of 6 hearts where Sleeping Beauty is 3 turns of guaranteed bind recovery. If she had the bind recover awakening it'd be even more of a no brainer.

Jagernaut

I didn't realize that we don't have the skillups for Sleeping Beauty and she wouldn't be a priority for badpys. Still, you probably won't need her more than once in a dungeon.

Jagernaut

Ultimate Amir is another option if you want to skill him up. He has better stats than Sleeping Beauty especially +413 rcv. Also has extend time and 1 dark row awakenings (You lose a skill boost and skill bind resist though).

Lyrian

JP is going to have a one-shot 10 stone REM for 12 hours on the 29th. Guaranteed GFE pull
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/event/160524_fes_gacya.html

Reddit is arguing that the REM is **not** a one-time pull. They are claiming it is unlimited pulls, at 10 stones per pull.

If that is the case, the question is what are the pull rates in that REM? Many there seem to be dubious that the rates will be 90/10 or 95/5 rigged towards 5* GFEs.

Ultimate Amir is another option if you want to skill him up. He has better stats than Sleeping Beauty especially +413 rcv. Also has extend time and 1 dark row awakenings (You lose a skill boost and skill bind resist though).

I forgot about Aamir. He's really good for a farmable, assuming you don't need the SBR. I should skill mine up. He's here Thursday, btw.

Reddit is arguing that the REM is **not** a one-time pull. They are claiming it is unlimited pulls, at 10 stones per pull.

If that is the case, the question is what are the pull rates in that REM? Many there seem to be dubious that the rates will be 90/10 or 95/5 rigged towards 5* GFEs.

Wow. That's still worth pulling on though. 15k MP at worst for 10 stones, and there's some great 5* GFE. I still need LKali, and with skill inheritance and trying to build a Sephiroth team, I could use multiples.

Bladelaw

I forgot about Aamir. He's really good for a farmable, assuming you don't need the SBR. I should skill mine up. He's here Thursday, btw.

To maintain 100% SBR I'd need to swap D. Valkyrie for something. Probably Cecil as he's my next fastest devil dark orb maker.

I'll get Aamir up to speed and see how he performs compared to Sleeping Beauty.

I will say Sheen adds a shitload of damage to a perfect Pandora board. Popped out 28 million in testing using Cecil --> D. Valkyrie --> Akechi --> Sheen. She's unbindable and can clear but you need to have the hearts on the board.

chrono01

So I purchased the ten-stone bundle in the shop, and it said something about a ten pull on a machine that came included. I've checked everywhere in-game but I see no such machine. I know I'm probably being an idiot. :/

Top Bottom