• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quake 4 screens!!!!

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
human5892 said:
I can't wait for this technology to be used for a game that doesn't look so incredibly stale and boring.

Right, I can't wait until it gets licensed for yet another WWII shooter.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
JackFrost2012 said:
And with that, we can lock the thread.
Well, why should we have screenshot threads at all, if not so the forum can react to them?

Now, if the poster would've qualified the thread with something like "Haters Stay Out", "Don't Hurt Anyone's Feelings", etc., I probably wouldn't have said anything. ;)

Right, I can't wait until it gets licensed for yet another WWII shooter.
That would be even worse.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Q4... looks a bit like Riddick. ;)

Seriously though, what is the point of Quake again? Quake 2 barely had a story, while Quake 3 was a deathmatch arena.

chespace said:
Seriously though, what is the point of Quake again? Quake 2 barely had a story, while Quake 3 was a deathmatch arena.

The point of Quake is for grown men to spend millions of dollars rendering their middle school biology notebook doodles in plasticy 3D.

Brannon

Quake is the game the mass media DOESN'T point out when they want to go on a blaming rampage, letting iD put tons and tons more violent material in the game than Doom. It seems to have worked so far; why ruin a good thing?[/conspiracytheory]

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Looks cool, just give me the deathmatching I didnt get from doom 3. I want quake with modern graphics, non-shitty art ie UT2004, better weapons, Less spamming weapons, more interaction with enviroment and more outdoor maps.

I like UT 2004 but it really lacks the atmosphere that quake and doom have.

Oh yea i want more moves in deathmatching, I dont know maybe tech rolls, wall running, shotting while hanging from ledges hehe. Im dreaming of course :)

human5892 said:
I can't wait for this technology to be used for a game that doesn't look so incredibly stale and boring.

It's Raven Software, the kings of stale and boring, you actually expected game play and innovation here?

DCX

DCX
This engine and a new:
- Serious Sam
- Rainbow Six
- Deus Ex
- Aliens VS Predator
etc...

DCX

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Duckhuntdog said:
It's Raven Software, the kings of stale and boring, you actually expected game play and innovation here?
Certainly not -- I was just saying, I can't wait until the Doom tech is in the hands of someone who can give me those things.

belgurdo

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:
The point of Quake is for grown men to spend millions of dollars rendering their middle school biology notebook doodles in plasticy 3D.

When the Japanese do this (replace plastic for cel shading), it's considered "unique" and "innovative"

chespace

belgurdo said:
When the Japanese do this (replace plastic for cel shading), it's considered "unique" and "innovative"

lol, all hail -- the defender of the west!

belgurdo said:

You know, if that super robo zombie ninja battle mech with quadruple rocket launchers was matte shaded or even cel shaded ... he'd still fucking suck.

Doesn't look great, IMO...but then, Quake II wasn't all that hot, visually. I just wish they would've ditched the stroggos crap and went for the original techno-gothic look that made the first Quake so cool, IMO. I'm sure the multiplay is good though.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
MightyHedgehog said:
Doesn't look great, IMO...but then, Quake II wasn't all that hot, visually. I just wish they would've ditched the stroggos crap and went for the original techno-gothic look that made the first Quake so cool, IMO. I'm sure the multiplay is good though.

At the time of release and many monthes after, Quake 2 was absolutely unmatched graphically. One of the first games to utilize colored lighting successfully (that game was also my first 3d card enhanced game).

What I meant to say was that it's art-style was decidedly weak, IMO, compared to the first game. Obviously, the quality of visuals on the tech-side was far better.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I've seen other screenshots and the characters don't look like plastic. Also doom 3 didnt look that placticy when you actually played it. The human chracters had great skin textures and shaders.

MightyHedgehog said:
What I meant to say was that it's art-style was decidedly weak, IMO, compared to the first game. Obviously, the quality of visuals on the tech-side was far better.

Quake IV should be Norse gods with a big fucking hammer like in the original design doc. That's what I say!!

chespace

JackFrost2012 said:
Quake IV should be Norse gods with a big fucking hammer like in the original design doc. That's what I say!!

exactly. why the fuck are they calling it 'quake' anyway?

i would be psyched about this game, as i loved doom 3 very much, but i have absolutely no confidence in raven, after playing JK2 and just about every other mediocre shooter they've put out (SOF, SOF2, STV: Elite Force).

GENERIC.

Sho Nuff

Banned
One of my favorite quotes from when Quake I came out:

"What the hell is this? Romero said we could talk to trees and shit"

=W=

As long as they give me my friggin' railgun, I'll be happy. And none of this 4-player multiplayer BS

Sho Nuff said:
One of my favorite quotes from when Quake I came out:

"What the hell is this? Romero said we could talk to trees and shit"

Haha ... yeah I read about it in the original design docs, then stopped following it for a while, and then when it came out and I played it I was like, "this is Doom."

AeroGod

chespace said:
i would be psyched about this game, as i loved doom 3 very much, but i have absolutely no confidence in raven, after playing JK2 and just about every other mediocre shooter they've put out (SOF, SOF2, STV: Elite Force).

You liked Doom 3 and yet youll call SOF series mediocre. LOL The gameplay in Doom 3 is just as repetative and mediocre as SOF, if not more. Doom 3 gets far too much credit for its graphics and sound. The reviews are bloated and out of proportion. High 8's and 9's? Gimme a fucking break. This game is a 7, maybe even a 6. But OMG its Doom. We've been waiting 5 years and we are fanboys. Doom is the pinnacle of FPS gameplay. Boring metal hallway after boring metal hallway of shooting retard AI demons. The game was scary sounding though and it looks REEL so 9 out of 10

teepo

AeroGod said:
You liked Doom 3 and yet youll call SOF series mediocre. LOL The gameplay in Doom 3 is just as repetative and mediocre as SOF, if not more. Doom 3 gets far too much credit for its graphics and sound. The reviews are bloated and out of proportion. High 8's and 9's? Gimme a fucking break. This game is a 7, maybe even a 6. But OMG its Doom. We've been waiting 5 years and we are fanboys. Doom is the pinnacle of FPS gameplay. Boring metal hallway after boring metal hallway of shooting retard AI demons. The game was scary sounding though and it looks REEL so 9 out of 10

ok.

AeroGod

teepo said:

Ok. Im sorry I just dont see how anyone could praise anything other then Doom 3's graphics and then go around and call SOF and JK shit.

Just my opinion though, if you can wade through insipid gameplay just because you like a game's graphics then go ahead.

chespace

AeroGod said:
Ok. Im sorry I just dont see how anyone could praise anything other then Doom 3's graphics and then go around and call SOF and JK shit.

Just my opinion though, if you can wade through insipid gameplay just because you like a game's graphics then go ahead.

actually, i'll just wade through your insipid post instead.

FriScho

pic_skeletor.jpg

chespace

AeroGod said:
HEELARIOUS!:lol

The funny thing is, I knew you would say that even before you did.

graphics >>>>>> gameplay

DOOM 3 for teh win!

alright kid, alright. you win!

Top Bottom