• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

Kawl_USC

My biggest issue with the corp group is they are so strong as claimed, in what world do they not always come forward. If they are uninfectable, unkillable, town sided they lose nothing by full claiming.

That just doesn't track. Claiming should always be a double edge sword with sharp draw backs

Kalor

This sounds dubious. You got a new role for lols instead of winning?

I was told that I still won, I would just show up twice at the end depending on how this role does. I know this sounds dubious but I have no reason to lie about this. I could have just said I had to steal 2 cures.

Burbeting

Banned
I was told that I still won, I would just show up twice at the end depending on how this role does. I know this sounds dubious but I have no reason to lie about this. I could have just said I had to steal 2 cures.

So you're just playing for lolz now, since you've won?

Super dubious.

Ourobolus

Banned
Honestly with Natiko's role the way it was, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there were a bunch of other ridiculous ones out there

Swamped

Banned
Ok, to update...(assuming everyone has been telling the truth)

0. [f] Sawneeks - Director, was Lab Tech
1. [m]Verelios
2. [m] acohrs - Investment board
5. [m] 11037 - supposedly infected and can pass on infection
6. [m] Kalor - neutral thief, now neutral survivor???
7. [m] franconp - Investment board
8. [m] Ourobolus - Lab Tech
10. [m] Zippedpinhead
13. [f] Swamped - Lab Tech
14. [m] Kawl_USC - Lab Tech
15. [m] Burbeting - Lab Tech (now infected)
16. [m] exmachina64 - Lab Tech
17. [m] gryvan
18. [f] melonrabbit - Investment board
19. [m] Fat4all - Investment board

So the second Level 2 is Verelios, gryvan or Zipped. Could even be two of them Araxoid team started off with three people (but then, araoxoereter read '1' on D1, so probably not)

Verelios

Whilst we all digest recent events, anyone want to discuss Natiko? You know the only nightkill from yesterday. Town didn't get him and the board didn't get him, so either scum do more than infect at night or there's another faction?

Anyone got any ideas?
I've been thinking on this all night and the only thing running through my mind is who would have the information necessary*, means** and motive*** to kill Natiko. Infected of course have every reason to NK him, but after yesterday and today's gambit I'm left thinking, well, what about the board? Could they have killed him? Possible.

Perhaps to make their vaccines more valuable for any eventual lynch. What say you board members?

acohrs

I've been thinking on this all night and the only thing running through my mind is who would have the information necessary*, means** and motive*** to kill Natiko. Infected of course have every reason to NK him, but after yesterday and today's gambit I'm left thinking, well, what about the board? Could they have killed him? Possible.

Perhaps to make their vaccines more valuable for any eventual lynch. What say you board members?

As a member of the board, I can say that we didn't kill Natiko, we didn't do a hit last night since after Fran's claim and showing of having the vaccine yesterday, we were worried he was a lynch target.

Could it be possible that scum could not kill anyone N1 because town couldn't lynch D1? That would balance the day phase a bit?

Verelios

As a member of the board, I can say that we didn't kill Natiko, we didn't do a hit last night since after Fran's claim and showing of having the vaccine yesterday, we were worried he was a lynch target.

Could it be possible that scum could not kill anyone N1 because town couldn't lynch D1? That would balance the day phase a bit?
I see. Even though that's the expected answer, it's possible with the information on hand currently.

Burbeting

Banned
I

If that's true why would we have a killing ability? We can leave when the mole is killed. Either way is fine by me.

If so, why not just go with this plan I proposed earlier?

Fran, how does this sound?

1. I get cured.
2. I tell who infected me. We lynch that person, and not 11037. Your team will be sure you won't lose.
3. You get to try to NK Melon next night. Either you succeed, melon is BP or melon is infected.
4. If Melon is infected, town gets an incentive to lynch her, either before or after 11037. If I'm lying, then lynching me would be most likely on the list too.

I mean, if for some reason melon NK fails, you give others an incentive to lynch her. And if you are fine either way, why not try NK first?

Sawneeks

Banned
I'd like to hear our beloved Director's thoughts.

Gonna have to give me a bit. I'm on mobile and at work so you won't get more than a few sentences until I'm at a proper PC.

My initial thoughts are we don't Lynch Melon, there is still something missing in this equation and I plan to reread the start of the Day, and I'm debating whether it's worth lynching Acohrs or just saying 'fuck neutrals' and lynch those who are infected instead.

franconp

If so, why not just go with this plan I proposed earlier?

I mean, if for some reason melon NK fails, you give others an incentive to lynch her. And if you are fine either way, why not try NK first?

I already gave a lot of reasons why this could fail for us. And now we don't even know if she is the mole. Maybe she was bored and just wanted to see the game go crazy. Maybe Kalor is the mole, I don't know.

I'm giving two cures for Melon lynch. If she isn't we can kill Kalor tonight. I think the exchange is fair. Even then one of us will stay behind with a vaccine to cure someone else. But before I take the first step I need to know the rest will help us too. I don't see that now.

Kalor

I already gave a lot of reasons why this could fail for us. And now we don't even know if she is the mole. Maybe she was bored and just wanted to see the game go crazy. Maybe Kalor is the mole, I don't know.

I'm giving two cures for Melon lynch. If she isn't we can kill Kalor tonight. I think the exchange is fair. Even then one of us will stay behind with a vaccine to cure someone else. But before I take the first step I need to know the rest will help us too. I don't see that now.

How can you give two cures for Melons lynch when you'll exit at the end of the day if she is the mole. Would you use them once she has the most votes?

Sawneeks

Banned

You understand the first step in this is you curing Burb, right? So until you take that step we aren't going to get anywhere here.

You need to trust us in the Melon Lynch and we would need to trust you in curing 11 right when you hammer Melon. If you're really that dead set on lynching her then take the first step and we'll talk.

franconp

How can you give two cures for Melons lynch when you'll exit at the end of the day if she is the mole. Would you use them once she has the most votes?

I cure burb first, you vote melon until almost turbo and I drop the hammer on the one who infected burb in the same post.

You understand the first step in this is you curing Burb, right? So until you take that step we aren't going to get anywhere here.

You need to trust us in the Melon Lynch and we would need to trust you in curing 11 right when you hammer Melon. If you're really that dead set on lynching her then take the first step and we'll talk.

But I need to know that I will get the votes needed to lynch Melon after I cure burb. Right now we don't seem to have 9 votes willing to take the deal. If there are enough people willing I will cure burb, even when all of you can betray me after that.

Kawl_USC

You're struggling to get any one committing to it because you have not met town even part of the way. There has been no initial show of good faith.

You cured someone day 2 awesome. Except it was someone in your faction, so why would we give a shit about that.

I'm also curious as to why you avoided the question concerning why you had to inject fat if they apparently have vials that they can use to protect themselves and which uninfect the zombie who attacks them.

Make the first overture or get the hell off the soap box.

I cure burb first, you vote melon until almost turbo and I drop the hammer on the one who infected burb in the same post.

But I need to know that I will get the votes needed to lynch Melon after I cure burb. Right now we don't seem to have 9 votes willing to take the deal. If there are enough people willing I will cure burb, even when all of you can betray me after that.

Trust starts with taking a leap of faith.

Kawl_USC

Granted I'm hesitant to believe burb, but sounds like you got vaccines to blow and are set on leaving the game asap. So fuck it let em rip. Otherwise they'll just be worthless.

Sawneeks

Banned

Like Kawl and Zipped have said, you haven't shown that you even remotely trust us at all so how can we trust you right now?

So far you have lied multiple times, aren't playing towards Town's win con, and have shown reluctance to even help us. The one 'good faith' thing you did was cure someone on your own team which you partially lied about. Considering these things we have a pretty strong reason not to trust you until you can show, not talk, about helping us out. Actions speak a lot louder than words in a game about lying. :x

And yeah, 'fuck you, got mine' is a real possibility here but you could also do the same to us. You could hammer Melon and not cure 11 before you possibly leave the game so we have to take the leap of faith that you will do that, similarly you have to take the leap that we will vote Melon if you cure Burb. We also have to believe that your cures even work on others, something we haven't seen proven yet.

franconp

Trust starts with taking a leap of faith.

But I'm not asking for people to vote for Melon right now. I'm asking for people to say "if you cure burb I will vote melon". I'm willing to go that far even when I can be betrayed.

Right now I know burb says he will. Ouro, exmachina and Swamped too but then backtracked. I simply want a verbal commitment. Will you vote for a Melon lynch if I cure burb?

Sawneeks

Banned
Zipped, what are your thoughts on this whole thing? You've posted every now and again but not really taken a stance. Lynch Melon? Help Fran? Cure Burb? I need to know your thoughts. :c

Also has anyone else noticed that 11 just disappeared? I'll give him some more time since IRL stuff happens but he has usually posted by now.

So... I was a neutral thief essentially and my win condition was to steal a cure. Fran said that he had two yesterday so I stole his second one last night. Today he says that he now has two after starting with three. But actually he only has one since I stole the other one. So he can't follow through with the curing two people thing.

I do not have the stolen cure though. My role changed when I stole the cure and it was taken out of play.

So Kalor claims that he claimed for 'no real important reason' but considering the amount of weird crazy BS that's happening I wouldn't be shocked if he and Melon are working together. Hence the claim to get her attention.

I mean come on, he mentioned knowing the 'President' earlier and now claims Thief. A Thief and a Mole working together to steal a company's secrets works really well flavor-wise imo.

I'm going to level with you guys. The reason I've been so aloof since the outbreak is the same reason I was aloof with you before the outbreak -- I hate you all.

I got this job right out of grad school. I thought I had finally made it. I was the right track for success, I had made my parents proud and I could settle into stability.

Fast forward six years later. I'm in this dead-end job I hate and I still don't know any of your names. That's right, we may nod at each other in the hall or make small talk, but I don't know who any of you people are.

And now I'm probably going to die with you in the middle of an araxia outbreak.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the lab.

Also, this screams Tanner. But honestly at this point Tanner seems too vanilla in a game like this.

I'm going to guess your win con is to be infected with Araxia?

Kalor

Zipped, what are your thoughts on this whole thing? You've posted every now and again but not really taken a stance. Lynch Melon? Help Fran? Cure Burb? I need to know your thoughts. :c

Also has anyone else noticed that 11 just disappeared? I'll give him some more time since IRL stuff happens but he has usually posted by now.

So Kalor claims that he claimed for 'no real important reason' but considering the amount of weird crazy BS that's happening I wouldn't be shocked if he and Melon are working together. Hence the claim to get her attention.

I mean come on, he mentioned knowing the 'President' earlier and now claims Thief. A Thief and a Mole working together to steal a company's secrets works really well flavor-wise imo.

Also, this screams Tanner. But honestly at this point Tanner seems too vanilla in a game like this.

When did I say that I claimed for "no real important reason". I don't remember saying anything about that outside of mentioning my history yesterday. Although I do agree that a thief and mole do go together well flavor wise. However I am not associated with them.

Verelios

But I'm not asking for people to vote for Melon right now. I'm asking for people to say "if you cure burb I will vote melon". I'm willing to go that far even when I can be betrayed.

Right now I know burb says he will. Ouro, exmachina and Swamped too but then backtracked. I simply want a verbal commitment. Will you vote for a Melon lynch if I cure burb?
This doesn't soothe my fears of you having only one Vaccine, when a show of faith would be curing Burb firstly, and then dealing with the second vaccine and Melon. Maybe Kalor really did steal one last night?

Honestly, I liked my acohrs votes. I'm not sure that Fran CAN heal two peoples. It is incredibly convoluted, and honestly it sounds fairly anti town. Four teams with win conditions is kinda crazy. I mean all that's left is a second game on outergafia that is us playing the game again outside the building and the incinerator is just a secret passageway into that second game... (island flashbacks)

Fran healing burb goes a long way to trust. Killing melon sounds like a game ending deal.

Did Fran mention what the deal is with his faction's night kill? I want all the facts, show me the receipts, show me the money, I can handle the truth.

Franconp... did you order the code red?

Sawneeks

Banned
Fat4all is my assistant and Acohrs is my bodyguard. Melon is my wife. We have a secret chat. All the things about the vaccines is true. Except that I have 3, Fat4all has one and Acohrs too. Melon hasn't got none (at least it's what she said).

Because they can only most of on themselves and Fran has a limited supply.

So from what I'm reading over the course of the beginning of the Day Phase is that Fran had 3 Vaccines; 1 he used on Fat, 1 got stolen by Kalor, and that means he has one left.

Also, according to Melon, Fat/Acohrs can't cure other people with their vaccines at all. Whether this is the truth or not is up for debate and I propose a test.

Since if we believe Kalor, and honestly I don't see why we shouldn't, Fran only has 1 vaccine left. Meaning he can only cure Burb or 11 and NOT both of them and the final cure on 11 would be completely useless.

So, you guys want my 3 votes? Have Fat/Acohrs cure Burb, Fran cures 11, and answer my question above as to why Fat didn't cure himself ( he even had a gif ready and everything! ) and then you got it.

Sorry to disappoint, just vanilla town.

Sawneeks

Banned
Exmachina is a lab technician. Fat4all already investigated him day 1.

You'll excuse me if I don't fully believe you. :x

Also you checked Burb and he came back as a 'Lab Tech' even though he is Infected so.

My follow-up question goes to Ex; if that isn't your role then why did you make that post?

When did I say that I claimed for "no real important reason". I don't remember saying anything about that outside of mentioning my history yesterday. Although I do agree that a thief and mole do go together well flavor wise. However I am not associated with them.

Ah, my bad. I think I misinterpreted one of your posts back there. Sorry.

What confuses me the most is your apparent 'change'. Dusk just gave you the option to leave but you choose to stay? That sounds....odd.

Honestly, I liked my acohrs votes. I'm not sure that Fran CAN heal two peoples. It is incredibly convoluted, and honestly it sounds fairly anti town. Four teams with win conditions is kinda crazy. I mean all that's left is a second game on outergafia that is us playing the game again outside the building and the incinerator is just a secret passageway into that second game... (island flashbacks)

Fran healing burb goes a long way to trust. Killing melon sounds like a game ending deal.

Did Fran mention what the deal is with his faction's night kill? I want all the facts, show me the receipts, show me the money, I can handle the truth.

Franconp... did you order the code red?

How does killing Melon sound game-ending?

He only mentioned that Acohrs does the kills and that it's for killing the Mole, nothing else.

Also, do you believe Burb?

You'll excuse me if I don't fully believe you. :x

Also you checked Burb and he came back as a 'Lab Tech' even though he is Infected so.

My follow-up question goes to Ex; if that isn't your role then why did you make that post?

Ah, my bad. I think I misinterpreted one of your posts back there. Sorry.

What confuses me the most is your apparent 'change'. Dusk just gave you the option to leave but you choose to stay? That sounds....odd.

How does killing Melon sound game-ending?

He only mentioned that Acohrs does the kills and that it's for killing the Mole, nothing else.

Also, do you believe Burb?

I wanted to contribute something and wanted to do it with in-universe flavor text.

Our problem now is that we're waiting for "the Board" to do something and otherwise just sitting here.

Top Bottom