• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

OG Kush

It slightly annoys me that if all went according to plan, we would have 2 new maps by the end of this month instead of just one.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Not sure what the problem is. We now have *some* of the features they promised six months ago. In addition their new deployment with easy rollback release system allowed them to fix the Valkyrie camera glitch in a mere two patches and only like 6 weeks.

I mean, sure, sometimes I search for a game, remain on the game search screen while all of a sudden I start getting messages from people I've never seen before to 'reconnect to the game' that I never joined in the first place. Only to restart the search, be informed that I apparently left a game, and that I need to rejoin or face a penalty. But don't worry, when I do rejoin it's a really fun 3v5 with us being down a round already.

And sure, sometimes I still get the blue screen of despair.

And yeah, ok, fine. People have their game freeze on the character select screen in between rounds randomly still.

But ya know. We got alpha packs. And they didn't have to make a Polish map.

So clearly, Operation Health has been more like Operation Great Success!

Yoooo. Ops all leaked.

Gu is invisible toxic mines that slow enemies and disorients

The other one is a flashing fuze which can also be thrown as a nade.

And the other (Polish) puts up concussion traps

Also: ACOG REMOVED FROM 3 SPEEDS LIKE BANDIT AND JAEGER. And given to other ops instead (3 armour, and hopefully Mute)

Magwik

Banned
Yoooo. Ops all leaked.

Also: ACOG REMOVED FROM 3 SPEEDS LIKE BANDIT AND JAEGER. And given to other ops instead (3 armour, and hopefully Mute)
Yasss more traps

Auctopus

yUUHDx0l.jpg

pQdW4WUl.png

cW2TDfY.jpg

tactical shorts.

DhUBoPol.png

fKDP8wol.jpg

5sng1tVl.png

tactical yoga pants?

No idea why all the leaks are from somewhere playing on a Nokia N-Gage...

ex6fDR6.png

ojZvVnB.png

Ying sounds great, that's exactly the gadget I've wanted for ages.

Yoooo. Ops all leaked.

Also: ACOG REMOVED FROM 3 SPEEDS LIKE BANDIT AND JAEGER
. And given to other ops instead (3 armour, and hopefully Mute)

I, for one, will be mildly entertained when all the Bandit/Jager mains continue spawn peeking with holo/reflex sights. The salty Reddit posts will be fun to read. .

Yoooo. Ops all leaked.

Interesting. I wonder how much more useful IQ will be in that case.

frontovik

Banned
The green hair is an odd choice.

Just to double-check, the Polish operator is included in the upcoming season update along with the HK team...?

Disgraced

The green hair is an odd choice.
No it isn't.

They know their god damn audience.

That is a character designed to be a god damn waifu.

---

I'm not exactly opposed nor am I a big fan. I've posted a lot in this thread about how I feel about the character designs and art of Siege and their/its progression.

In short, I miss the old days when all the characters were faceless (yet recognizable), more subdued, and shadowy.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Flashing Fuze could be fun for Hostage. Flash that room, breach and rescue the hostage.

Edit: I really hope that the gadget makes the exact same sound, so you don't know if it is Fuze or the other operator.

Disgraced

I'm super into green hair tbh, I just wish she had a tactical mask, bandanna, shades, tinted goggles, something. I mean, this game clearly wasn't even meant for faces to be showing technically so I don't know why the fuck they've tried to so hard to make it so after vanilla.

Their mouths don't move when they speak!

The facial animation has spawned occasionally offensive memes even!

Why Ubi?

Why?

Am I crazy?!

Im fine with the green I guess but what military in the world would allow that shit?

The jacket on skintight pants bugs me though, especially for how on point the top actually is.

In short, I miss the old days when all the characters were faceless (yet recognizable), more subdued, and shadowy.

100% agree. Don't really like how it's become like every other FPS with dress-up like attire. If it was all realistic, tactical gear then that'd be sublime. But it's mostly stupid clown masks, pirate hats and holiday wear. I get the allure of money Ubi, but why couldn't you stick to the original somewhat realistic aesthetic?

CrayToes

The cosmetics in this game have gone so far past realistic yet people are complaining about green hair. Most teams are made up of clowns, pirates, football players and fucking gimps but green hair? Too far, man.

nOoblet16

What's multiplier on neckshots now? That's kinda what it looks like to me, with the first shot doing 3 damage followed by the second shot seemingly hitting you in the neck.

Seems like neck counts a headshot, that'd explain it.
Rotten luck that she was able to hit me like that from that angle and distance.

nOoblet16

The cosmetics in this game have gone so far past realistic yet people are complaining about green hair. Most teams are made up of clowns, pirates, football players and fucking gimps but green hair? Too far, man.

Pretty much.
Green hair is so tame by comparison and is something that you'd actually see normal people have in their normal day to day lives.

Seems like neck counts a headshot, that'd explain it.
Rotten luck that she was able to hit me like that from that angle and distance.

I think it was Y1S4 when they changed it to neckshots counting as headshots, but I think they later changed it back. I'm not too sure. It still wouldn't explain why you didn't get downed instead of instantly killed though.

shanafan

Question on connection issues..

My NAT type is open. It was moderate until I was able to adjust my network so now it is open.

I am still having a small issue that after the countdown to choose your operator, the game will load everyone into the match. There is the animated line in the box to show each person loading under their operator profile picture. I am still the last one to load. I always get into the match, but consistently the last one.

My ping is always between 35-45, so I am not sure what the issue is. Once in awhile, someone will vote to kick me, but luckily, I get into the match right after that. In other online games, I have no other issues. It seems like it's isolated to R6 Seige.

Any ideas?

nOoblet16

Honestly I'm kind of disappointed with the new operator abilities, they are just rehash/remix of already existing things packaged in a new box.

Ying's flash charges being pretty much cluster charges with flashbangs is like eh but I suppose being able to deploy them like a grenade is nice but it's still just a flashbang and they are still very inconsistent. Lesion's Gu is basically smoke mixed with barb wire (meaning they might nerf barb wire now). And Ela Grzmot is Echo without a drone.

And what's makes it worse is that the latter two abilities are both deployed as a mine. I donno maybe I'm seeing things but none of it feels really original like say Blackbeard, Frost, Mira, Jackal, Echo, Caveira, Capitao. All of them brought totally new abilities in the game rather than remixing existing ones.

Question on connection issues..

My NAT type is open. It was moderate until I was able to adjust my network so now it is open.

I am still having a small issue that after the countdown to choose your operator, the game will load everyone into the match. There is the animated line in the box to show each person loading under their operator profile picture. I am still the last one to load. I always get into the match, but consistently the last one.

My ping is always between 35-45, so I am not sure what the issue is. Once in awhile, someone will vote to kick me, but luckily, I get into the match right after that. In other online games, I have no other issues. It seems like it's isolated to R6 Seige.

Any ideas?
Why do you believe loading has anything to do with connection?
The reason you're loading last is because of your HDD, if you want to load faster then you need to upgrade that or clean it up. On PS4/Bone I'm usually the first one to load as I upgraded my drive for both, on PC I sometimes load quickly but I'm not the fastest as I don't have an SSD anymore. Sometimes (if I alt+tab) it'd load me really slow for some reason but outside of that it's generally ok.

shanafan

Why do you believe loading has anything to do with connection?
The reason you're loading last is because of your HDD, if you want to load faster then you need to upgrade that or clean it up. On PS4/Bone I'm usually the first one to load as I upgraded my drive for both, on PC I sometimes load quickly but I'm not the fastest as I don't have an SSD anymore. Sometimes (if I alt+tab) it'd load me really slow for some reason but outside of that it's generally ok.

Oh, interesting. Yeah I am on PC. I might move R6 over to my SSD, and see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

nOoblet16

Oh, interesting. Yeah I am on PC. I might move R6 over to my SSD, and see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

Are you also using the Ultra HD texture pack?

If you are using those without SSD then no wonder your load times are long enough for people to want to kick you out.

Honestly I'm kind of disappointed with the new operator abilities, they are just rehash/remix of already existing things packaged in a new box.

Ying's flash charges being pretty much cluster charges with flashbangs is like eh but I suppose being able to deploy them like a grenade is nice but it's still just a flashbang and they are still very inconsistent. Lesion's Gu is basically smoke mixed with barb wire (meaning they might nerf barb wire now). And Ela Grzmot is Echo without a drone.

And what's makes it worse is that the latter two abilities are both deployed as a mine. I donno maybe I'm seeing things but none of it feels really original like say Blackbeard, Frost, Mira, Jackal, Echo, Caveira, Capitao. All of them brought totally new abilities in the game rather than remixing existing ones.

I mostly agree. Usually its the Defender's ability that changes up the Meta game, like Mira or Valkyrie or Echo. All of them change the way the game is played. Frost made you distrust metal shields forever. These new defenders just have stuff that will screw you up if you run by it one way or another. If they're throwable then they could probably be put in all sorts of horrible places like ladders and what not. But they don't let you do anything new like plant cams, windows or interrupt bomb plants.

Hey all - I just got the starter bundle for Siege, so I'm in the thread now too, haha.

Question : Is there a "recommended" way to spend the credits you earn? Like, it makes more sense to buy packs than characters, stuff like that?

nOoblet16

Hey all - I just got the starter bundle for Siege, so I'm in the thread now too, haha.

Question : Is there a "recommended" way to spend the credits you earn? Like, it makes more sense to buy packs than characters, stuff like that?

Oh dear why did you have to buy the starter edition? It's cheaper but it's also a time waster. In normal edition you can unlock every single original operator in about 10 hours and one DLC operator each in about the same time frame. With starter edition you are looking at 5-6 hours to unlock even one of the original base operators and the same 10 hours or so for DLC operators.

Also yes, you should spend renown on operators rather than alpha packs.

shanafan

Are you also using the Ultra HD texture pack?

If you are using those without SSD then no wonder your load times are long enough for people to want to kick you out.

Yes.. I am using the ultra HD texture pack.. I guess a move to SSD is now a proper choice.

Top Bottom