• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

nOoblet16

Welp one match away from Plat 2 and then lost 4 games in a row...lul

Having put some time in the PC version now as well, I can say that despite enjoying it more, I hate its ranked far more than the PS4 versions.

Every match is against 150+ ping players. And that's some infuriating BS when they jump out of a window and kill you before they even show up on the screen.

It's cause it's CONSIDERABLY easier to change your data centre in PC, all you have to do is edit the game settings file in a notepad to change the default data centre permanently. Compare this to consoles where you have to set the new data centre by selecting it in custom games and saving the settings before beginning the search every single time. Then there are people like me, almost everyone I play with on PC are US players (and more than half of them are on west coast). So the only place where we can get an even and decent experience is east coast servers where I will get pings ranging anything between 130-170. Infact, it's the same for you when you join us when we play on PS4.

Imo anything under 170 or so is more or less ok as it's difficult to abuse at that speed. past that (especially when you are hitting 200 and more) and you really start to get some nasty advantages. However, you still have to learn how to abuse it otherwise you'll just end up being at a disadvantage if you are used to playing at lower pings and are now suddenly playing at 2-3x the ping (this is me, cause I can't play for shit when it goes over 150 as I'm just not used to it).

Add me on uplay btw Nooblet16

Miker

Tempted to pop my renown booster tomorrow because I'll actually have time to play, but I have zero faith in the update going smoothly.

arimanius

backseat drivers are so annoying in this game. if you're so fucking good at this game, then WHY ARE YOU DEAD. shut the fuck up.

Lol yeah love that. I was leading the team with 10 kills and kept getting called trash by the people that died right off the bat. I know I'm trash but not that I'm that game I wasn't!

nOoblet16

backseat drivers are so annoying in this game. if you're so fucking good at this game, then WHY ARE YOU DEAD. shut the fuck up.

Some dude dies within first minute, then watches me miss a shot because I clicked LMB while getting up from prone since there is a slight delay before you fire. By the time I am actually able to fire again the target's gone...cue backseat driving about how I'm trash.

I just said, "man do you think I'd intentionally not fire at a target that's right in my sights?"

amen to that man, most of the time listening to people's directions gets me killed, giving out enemy locations is one thing but telling me to peek this and peek that and run down the stairs and watch your flank and breach that window and "rush it man, rush it"

i did not know non season pass holders have to wait till the 12th for all the new stuff....fucking sucksss

Couldn't break into plat this season. Got to gold 1 though. Pretty good for playing solo. I can't play with my friends. We fuck around with each other too much lol. I played two matches with them and they dropped me a rank, god dammit. This ranked system isn't great though. They should just copy League's. An individual game changes your rank too much. Also like I said before Bo5 is way better.

Disgraced

I like how the Blood Orchid trailer is like "2 NEW OPERATORS...

...PSYCH! 2 STRIKE! — 3!

Yeah we got three! As if it's "bonus content" #bonuscontent.

Like... nah. Nah. Nah. Naw. NAW.

NAW MOTHERFUCKERS.

YOU LATE!

YOU LATE!

YOU LAAAAAAAAAAATE!

YOU'RE FUCKIN' LATE!

How do you guys play Frost? Do you place mats near the obj or as far as possible? I have little luck with the latter, and do much better on obj, especially having it behind a shield next to one of the main doorways.

Main problem is that if I do place them nearer to the objective and closest building entrances to the objective site, I always think that I should wait until the last moment since I don't want people in the drone phase to see where I put them. However, this means that if attacker's are quick, I have no time to roam, especially if some Castle guy managed to block off the obj site.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
How do you guys play Frost? Do you place mats near the obj or as far as possible? I have little luck with the latter, and do much better on obj, especially having it behind a shield next to one of the main doorways.

Main problem is that if I do place them nearer to the objective and closest building entrances to the objective site, I always think that I should wait until the last moment since I don't want people in the drone phase to see where I put them. However, this means that if attacker's are quick, I have no time to roam, especially if some Castle guy managed to block off the obj site.

I usually place them around the objective, but I try my best to picture the angles of approach that attackers will use when attempting to breach the objective room. You want the attacker thats peeking an angle in ADS and worrying more potential targets than whats around his feet.

I usually commit late to the traps - often after most drones are destroyed. A communicative team will render your trap useless once one person knows about it.

Even though ACOGS are off for Bandit and Jager, that won't stop people from spawn peeking right? :/

Definitely not, although you have more survival chances as an attacker though.

I tend to be pretty careful whenever I approach a building so I haven't got killed due to spawn peeking in a very long time. If anything, I get free kills because of those who do attempt to spawn peek.

I tend to play the waiting game a lot though since a majority of the team members generally move to the objective pretty quick. While spawn peakers are more careful in the beginning, you'd be surprised how much patience pays off whenever you decide to just play the waiting game, because most of the time defenders barely expect people still holding a distance from the building a minute into the round. Kanal is a good example, because you have roamers trying to fuck people up from the windows of opposite buildings, and if you expect that, you get some good kills.

Even though ACOGS are off for Bandit and Jager, that won't stop people from spawn peeking right? :/

You don't need an ACOG to challenge a long range angle, so no, spawn peeking will remain unchanged although you may see a resurgence of Doc spawn peekers because some people really are trash at aiming with the 1X sights.

You don't need an ACOG to challenge a long range angle, so no, spawn peeking will remain unchanged although you may see a resurgence of Doc spawn peekers because some people really are trash at aiming with the 1X sights.

Don't know the console scene, but I assume at least on console non-ACOG spawn peeking doesn't work as well?

nOoblet16

Spawn peeking won't stop as despite room and doc being 1 speed, they still have more than enough time to set up for a spawn peek, especially because their gadgets take no time to deploy (and in Doc's case there is no deployment at all). And their MP5 is far more accurate than both Jäger and Bandit's.

Instead the change that you will see now is that you won't have as many Jäger/Bandit take ultra long angles, make a few shots, then immediately relocate to another long angle to land a killing blow while they are still distracted and looking at the Jäger/Bandit's last position. Ofcourse there will still be people who would do non ACOG spawn peeks..but atleast it'll deter the players who absolutely have to rely on ACOG for spawn peeks.

Don't know the console scene, but I assume at least on console non-ACOG spawn peeking doesn't work as well?
Not really, you aren't giving the console players enough credit if you think they can't aim accurately without ACOG at long distance. Spawn peeking isn't really hard, it's more about surviving while you spawn peek and not get hit by attackers (which usually leads to the peekersand dying from a headshot) than actually aiming and hitting people considering you will know exactly where they spawn (if they spawn in the area you intend to peek)

It's the same regardless of platform/control method.

There's a very quick and easy way to deal with spawn peeks though. Use your drone in prep to scout out any potential peeks, then when you spawn, pre-aim for where they are, peek and kill them.
As an attack, you have a huge advantage in this. You have information on where they are, you have a more capable long range weapon, and you're the one peeking them giving you that split second of peekers advantage.

very map dependant. House I always place them on the second floor, as regardless of objective location people like to enter top floor and work their way down. The pool table area on biker bar also gets one most of the time as its a very common entry point regardless of objective location

Many people spawn peek with Caveira anyway. Removing ACOGs won't stop anything. It just nerfs it a bit. Rook is the new spawn peeker though.

Frost traps require a lot of map knowledge to place them off the objective site. Placing them in front of doors hidden behind shields and/or barbed wires works well in low ranks but in higher ranks people would shoot it while vaulting. I place them in adjacent rooms in a place where the enemy would take cover and peek the obj room.

Fury451

Banned

Frost is the second most misused character, right up with Mute not using his charges on reinforced walls imo. People waste her traps right out in the open, which can work if they blend with the floor color, but is otherwise just free points for the other team.

I place them around corners/angles, right up against the wall, anticipating how an Attacker would move based on how I would move into a room. For example, I'll place one to the left of a doorway entrance, right up against the wall horizontally, because if I were to enter the room I would be ADS, and never even see it. Usually placing them in adjacent rooms to the objective is best. If placing in the objective room, then place them behind objects that an Attacker might use for cover during a capture, i.e. behind a hidden nook that someone would want to hide in such as behind a bookcase. Get creative with them, placing them all in front of doorways is a waste, and under windows is iffy. Think like how you are when approaching an objective as an Attacker, where you wouldn't be looking because your ADS or focused on approach, and place them there.

The behind a shield in a doorway trick can still work in a pinch, as well as under certain windows, but people generally look for those and only fall into them if they get careless or panicked.

Yeah, people putting mute jammers out in the open pisses me off as well, since then they are easy picking for twitch. These days I wait until I at least know if there's Twitch or the first drone gets destroyed when I start placing the jammers.

I usually like to hide them around corners that way people won't see them when they go around the corner at a tight angle. If you're setting them up in the objective room then use them as a zoning tool for common cover spots. Put a frost trap behind a bar or overturned couch and when they dive for cover they will hit it.

I have really good luck dropping one at the top of a set of stairs. People often come up stairs backwards and aimed at the floor above.

Guys....

With this patch, every offline saved stuff is gone/reset, seems like the old savegame wasn't compatible anymore.
That means every situation is reset, you have to equip every operator completely new and settings like sensitivity are also reset.

PS4 version.

Miker

Uplay told me R6 was "ready to play" with the download in progress, so I thought I'd give it a shot, and instead of launching, it started another update that added 20 gigs to my download that's now 64 GB. Not happy.

nOoblet16

So I gotta download 26GB on PC and 30GB on both consoles lol.

But this video is hilarious, some incredibly random shit here

https://youtu.be/Z-bCw9PsMR8

Want to see what that looks like
1) Mostly indistinguishable, the only stuff that become really clear are character clothes, gloves and detail on guns (you can read engravings). But with the new update they've atleast made the high textures (not ultra HD) on characters more clear.
2) Don't use it without SSD or else you get huge load times.

nOoblet16

Guys....

With this patch, every offline saved stuff is gone/reset, seems like the old savegame wasn't compatible anymore.
That means every situation is reset, you have to equip every operator completely new and settings like sensitivity are also reset.

PS4 version.
Chances are that you encountered the bug that resets everything. It has existed in all platforms for a while now. I've had it occur on Xbox One, a guy I was playing with on PC had it occur to him yesterday, and you experienced it on PS4.

Can't wait to play when I get home. Torn between trying new operators or trying the newly buffed Supernova. It was always super underpowered. It would down a lot of people but I thought it was much harder to get OSKs even at close range. the GIGN and SAS shotguns were way better and more consistent so the damage boost should help that. I just really lik the way it sounds and feels to shoot so I kept using it lol.

Can't wait to play when I get home. Torn between trying new operators or trying the newly buffed Supernova. It was always super underpowered. It would down a lot of people but I thought it was much harder to get OSKs even at close range. the GIGN and SAS shotguns were way better and more consistent so the damage boost should help that. I just really lik the way it sounds and feels to shoot so I kept using it lol.

I think they stealth nerfed the supernova after S4 becuase that shotgun used to wreck people for me. Saw many epople pull off Echo clutches with that shotgun alone. Then I took a break from the game, came back and the Supernova seemed like an inconsistent mess.

Like, damn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbjqJ4abku8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgScPQcqXsk

Foxxsoxx

So Legion is the best OP. Just sayin.. Dude is just too good, I can totally see them nerfing his ability in the future.

It's crazy, it slows enemies, harms enemies, stops enemies, can be used as a proximity alarm, regenerates, etc.

Can totally see Ubi nerf him by giving him a max of 4 out at a time.

I think they stealth nerfed the supernova after S4 becuase that shotgun used to wreck people for me. Saw many epople pull off Echo clutches with that shotgun alone. Then I took a break from the game, came back and the Supernova seemed like an inconsistent mess.

Like, damn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbjqJ4abku8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgScPQcqXsk

Yeah the Supernova was good when it came out and then after some patch it was bad. Now it's back to where it should be. They need to stop with the stealth changes and just put it in the patch notes.

Yeah I remember it being so good then I just started playing Hibana/Echo a lot lately and it was like man, this thing is garbage coming from using the SAS and GIGN shotguns. Shotgun balancing is probably one of the most difficult things because they work so differently from other guns. Hard to find that perfect OSK range that makes them competitive enough to be a primary weapon without being overpowered.

Top Bottom