• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Fury451

Banned
Ela is definitely getting a nerf to her guns. She's OK so far, or gadget is kind of so-so, I could see it having some decent potential when people figure out how to maximize its use, but the fact that it can distort on both sides of the team really makes it more of a liability in a lot of cases so far when people just chuck them in the room. Another 3 speed with ridiculous firepower on D isn't what was needed imo.

A bit disappointed with Ying. Her gadget just seems needlessly complicated to execute in a strategy without a bunch of meticulous timing because of its short timer, so I really don't see it as all that more useful than just a regular flash grenade assault. Plus a mistake can fuck the whole team.

Also not a fan of either of her guns right now.

Lesion is pretty cool, I can see myself playing him a lot more frequently than I expected to. A well-placed mine can really screw up the timing of an assault or call someone to walk right into an additional trap

Anyone else noticed the bug where backing into certain walls makes your camera jolt downwards slightly? I think it's due to the new camera that's centered better to the other player's perspective and backing into a wall makes it jolt into position.

They announced like a week ago it was being put into ranked.
When was this because it certainly wasn't in the patch notes?

There's a nasty glitch on Chalet that I've never seen before. Found it accidentally and got stuck inside it earlier. Basically, you can glitch inside the small fire place in the kitchen. It's right in the corner and once inside it, you can see anybody outside the trophy room window and shoot them.

Recorded it and sent it to Epi on Reddit, hoping it gets fixed before it becomes a widespread thing.

jkupper

Neo Member
Anyone else noticed the bug where backing into certain walls makes your camera jolt downwards slightly? I think it's due to the new camera that's centered better to the other player's perspective and backing into a wall makes it jolt into position.

When was this because it certainly wasn't in the patch notes?

After patch notes. They tweeted it and talked about it in a blood orchid panel. https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/6xgm0a/theme_park_to_be_added_to_the_ranked_playlist_in/ This is a link to one of the community coordinators talking about it.

Ela is definitely getting a nerf to her guns. She's OK so far, or gadget is kind of so-so, I could see it having some decent potential when people figure out how to maximize its use, but the fact that it can distort on both sides of the team really makes it more of a liability in a lot of cases so far when people just chuck them in the room. Another 3 speed with ridiculous firepower on D isn't what was needed imo.

A bit disappointed with Ying. Her gadget just seems needlessly complicated to execute in a strategy without a bunch of meticulous timing because of its short timer, so I really don't see it as all that more useful than just a regular flash grenade assault. Plus a mistake can fuck the whole team.

Also not a fan of either of her guns right now.

Lesion is pretty cool, I can see myself playing him a lot more frequently than I expected to. A well-placed mine can really screw up the timing of an assault or call someone to walk right into an additional trap

Youre aware that there are three settings for Ying's flash grenades right?

You can set the timer on when they go off

Keihart

Ying having smokes and super flashes is kinda amazing, is like blitz with a rifle. I enjoy playing her a lot. If you are a fan of Blitz with smokes you are gonna love Ying.

In my opinion, Ela's gadget can be used to defend yourself while roaming since installing them is so fast and easy.
Lesion gadget is amazing as a detection device since the HUD lets you know which one are actives, you can turtle with him and use the gadget to give you intel.

TheKeyPit

Banned
First match as Ela. One kill after an opponent walked into my trap. I love it. You can place her gadget everywhere. That makes it so strong.

I find Lesion to be a really strong anchor, just because you get a HUD notification on his gadgets being there or not, it's direct feedback on which way an enemy is coming from. Plus you get his gadgets on a timer so you get more value out of him as an anchor than a roamer in my opinion.

Ela, to me, seems like a less useful Lesion. Her gadgets are okay, but don't seem as strong as Lesion's do. Though she seems much better for roaming at least simply due to her 3 speed and gun being so strong.

Ying is underwhelming. Her gadget suffers from the same problem as regular flashbangs, they're inconsistent. You can't know with certainty that her Candela has blinded somebody and thus you can rush into a room ready to delete somebody only to realise on the kill cam that they were barely blinded, saw you clearly and easily killed you first because you sprinted in.

I think Ela's gun will be nerfed and I have a feeling that Ying will get buffed in some way. I also can't wait for everybody to go back to playing the operators that the team needs for a win and not the brand new operators because they're new.

I find Lesion to be a really strong anchor, just because you get a HUD notification on his gadgets being there or not, it's direct feedback on which way an enemy is coming from. Plus you get his gadgets on a timer so you get more value out of him as an anchor than a roamer in my opinion.

Ela, to me, seems like a less useful Lesion. Her gadgets are okay, but don't seem as strong as Lesion's do. Though she seems much better for roaming at least simply due to her 3 speed and gun being so strong.

Ying is underwhelming. Her gadget suffers from the same problem as regular flashbangs, they're inconsistent. You can't know with certainty that her Candela has blinded somebody and thus you can rush into a room ready to delete somebody only to realise on the kill cam that they were barely blinded, saw you clearly and easily killed you first because you sprinted in.

I think Ela's gun will be nerfed and I have a feeling that Ying will get buffed in some way. I also can't wait for everybody to go back to playing the operators that the team needs for a win and not the brand new operators because they're new.
Lesion's gadget is just fucking dumb. There is no reason it should be cloaked with him getting 7 of them as they are extremely powerful on their own. Getting hit with a lesion gadget is worse than getting hit by Ela's despite the fact that his are better hidden and he gets more of them.

For Ela, I've definitely had strong effect roaming with her, keeping a gadget around nearby entryways to spin around and kill someone that came in that way. still have to stay hidden, but easy to pop out and get a kill.

Ying's gadget has been most effective when stuck to windows. Either setoff then break the window and start shooting, or charge up on the window and head to a different one, usually then tossing a new on in as well for more coverage.

Rocketz

First match as Ela. One kill after an opponent walked into my trap. I love it. You can place her gadget everywhere. That makes it so strong.

Yep. I got a really good use out of it last night planting one in the CCTV room in the bank basement under the hatch. Already had blown out the wall to the room to keep an eye on the server room entrance so when he dropped he really had no chance as the mine went off as soon as he hit the floor letting me know he was there.

Maybe it's a good idea, or make it's terrible but I like allowing us to control the use of a yings gadget when it's mounted on the wall like a breaching charge. To me it seems it would be more effective that way as it allows you to have more control over it. Maybe that would be too powerful though.

Definitely can see lesion being picked instead of other anchors going forward, 7 Gu's seem a little strong though haha.

In a more annoying note, does anyone get mouse stuttering/lag in this game? Starting to drive me crazy. I have a 144hz monitor but after the removal of temporal aliasing I barely get over 100 FPS, before my mouse was fine.

It tends to be at its worse at the very start of the round, anyone got any advice?

Lesion's gadget is just fucking dumb. There is no reason it should be cloaked with him getting 7 of them as they are extremely powerful on their own. Getting hit with a lesion gadget is worse than getting hit by Ela's despite the fact that his are better hidden and he gets more of them.
Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking with that. Has me picking IQ on attack now because I'm not sure how else to deal with the random factor of cloaked disability being anywhere.

In a more annoying note, does anyone get mouse stuttering/lag in this game? Starting to drive me crazy. I have a 144hz monitor but after the removal of temporal aliasing I barely get over 100 FPS, before my mouse was fine.
Yep. The only solution I've had is to framerate cap to something stable, as fluctuation (even among a couple frames) sometimes jacks my mouse input considerably. Siege is the only game like this for me, it's irritating.

andycapps

Definitely can see lesion being picked instead of other anchors going forward, 7 Gu's seem a little strong though haha.

It tends to be at its worse at the very start of the round, anyone got any advice?
They put out something on Reddit when this build was on the TTS that may help you out. I don't know if it'll help framerate, but it should get it looking close to what it was before. I screencapped it so I could try it out but haven't done so yet.

tldSyGy.png

Not surprised new operators are a little OP. I actually suspect Ubi knows this shit and intentionally makes them slightly stronger so people purchase it with real moniez / Season Pass to get an early advantage. Once everyone can afford them through renown, time to nerf. :p

I've been getting rekt a lot, both casual and ranked after this update got deployed.

Yep. The only solution I've had is to framerate cap to something stable, as fluctuation (even among a couple frames) sometimes jacks my mouse input considerably. Siege is the only game like this for me, it's irritating.

Is there any way to cap the frame rate at like 90fps? I guess using third party stuff might be punishable by Battleye! I never touch Vray so I can get to my monitors hz. But I guess I should test it out now.

They put out something on Reddit when this build was on the TTS that may help you out. I don't know if it'll help framerate, but it should get it looking close to what it was before. I screencapped it so I could try it out but haven't done so yet.
Thanks a lot man, I'll read it now, seems like loads of people are pissed about the removal of temporal filtering. Do you have the full link by any chance? I wanna skim through the comments :p

Not surprised new operators are a little OP. I actually suspect Ubi knows this shit and intentionally makes them slightly stronger so people purchase it with real moniez / Season Pass to get an early advantage. Once everyone can afford them through renown, time to nerf. :p

I've been getting rekt a lot, both casual and ranked after this update got deployed.

It happens every season. The new operators are always a little OP before getting nerfed in the next patch.

nOoblet16

The game's lighting has zero depth now. It's like an entire lighting pass was removed. They didn't need to do this to get rid of the game's lighting/bloom problem. All they had to do was reduce bloom to acceptable level, introduce eye adaptation for HDR, and remove bloom from areas where it didn't make sense i.e. when the bloom was brighter than lightsource itself.

The only people who would be completely pleased by what they have done would be pro league players and enthusiasts.

Also too many traps and easy traps at that.

I'm really not enjoying there just being so many traps everywhere to watch out for now. Especially in ranked with only 3 minutes.

I've been playing Thatcher a lot when I'm attacking now just because of it. I threw a random EMP down a hall on Theme Park and got two GU mines and a concussion trap lol

nOoblet16

Lesion is sort of OP atm with good guns and 7 mines that have their location displayed on screen. No other trapper in the game has this and when their traps get activated the only cue they get for enemy location is he sound. Lesion gets both sound and visual cue of where the trap was activated. So he could basically mark locations on maps to know where the enemy is while also injuring/slowing them.

tldSyGy.png
It doesn't seem like they removed the checkerboard rendering but rather that they added a sharpen filter to the TAA. The way Siege's checkerboarding worked was that it used it in conjunction with its TAA otherwise you had nasty artifacts, the TAA was the real reason why the game was blurry, not the lower base resolution (as so many like to believe). While techniques like checkerboarding use a lower base resolution, they don't actually cause blurriness since the final pixel count is 1:1 native. What they do cause is artifacting which is why UBI included a temporal AA technique to be used on it which would blur the whole image. It's a common process used in many games to improve image stability and most games counter the blurriness by injecting a sharpen filter which Siege never did....until now.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Thatcher is an absolute must at this point. Unfortunately not many people are going for him as they're still trying to get reps on the new gal.

I still hate the new map rotation. It's all so samey. I can see how Lesion would be a bit OP on Plane for instance.. then again he might just be OP in general. As is Ela.

So Ela.... easily the best defensive slayer in the game now. Her gun is nonstop murder. People in the thread have been raving about the shotgun as well but I can't bring myself to try it. Her mines are so easy to hide in shelves and the like. You can set up a roaming nest and still have 1 or 2 leftover as improvised flashbangs. They're securing? Toss one in during the retake. They got the breach after working hard against a Bandit all game long with like 30 seconds left? Toss it above the breach and gg.

Lesion seems almost as good but for the more anchor oriented player. The fact that you just get more and more of the things and can replace them after EMPs or Fuzes is kind of nuts. The defensive stall game seems way too good right now. IQ's device still isn't that great for finding this stuff. You need that crappy pistol out way too much.

They seem balanced solely around Bomb in my opinion. When you're defending one site this shit is just too much.

Ying is just OK. Her LMG is pretty good as LMGs go. It seems to ADS in a reasonable AR-like timeframe whereas whenever I tried LMGs on other operators they were just too sluggish. The dazzlers (sorry, I think that leaked name is going to stick for me) are kind of inconsistent. Even if I shower a room with all three with no Jaeger devices shooting them down you're still not necessarily at an advantage as they may not be anything beyond 'slightly blinded', meanwhile there's a good chance you're pushing through the new traps and it's just a shitshow.

I don't feel like the new operators have pushed the meta into a good place.

Also, tons of bugs popping up. There are definitely some sound issues. When you're Jackal if you kill someone that you have scanned it will just freeze, leave the operator name up and leave you unable to use your other scans. The fireplace thing mentioned up-thread. There were others I noticed but don't recall at the moment.

Oh, and the new map performs on Xbox as badly as Favela it seems. Worse than Yacht from my limited playtime on it. If the technical reasons for pulling those maps had anything to do with the trash optimization then they're just not learning their lessons. The map is absolutely packed with cool visuals and atmosphere but it's clearly too much for XBO to handle.

I *try* not to complain about killcams too much, but I guess this is also vaguely relevant to the discussion of random headshots getting undeserved kills....

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pegasus Actual/video/36024298

So the Ash was called out as low health on top of it. And like, the game pops up a kill trade that it doesn't quite acknowledge?

I've been queuing in a pair and my god the teammates are worse than usual. One guy didn't get a kill in an overtime game playing Blackbeard the whole time, not only that but he managed to teamkill me.... which... sometimes it happens... but it happened on an angle where me and a teammate were already fighting that he should never have tried to challenge... But that's not all. He teamkilled me when I strafed out of the fight to reload and regroup. Because he went for a wallbang into the hallway.... he shot me going for the wallbang....

The wall he tried to wallbang was reinforced. He killed me because he sprayed up a reinforced wall. Derp da derp.

Disgraced

Me and my friends had the misfortune of playing Theme Park in ranked!

Yes, Theme Park in ranked!

And we were 4-0'd. Fuck us and fuck us rough.

Any-fuckin-way, the black uniforms are fuckin' gnarly! Good-ass job, Ubi! Only took as long as the law's arm!

Is there any way to cap the frame rate at like 90fps? I guess using third party stuff might be punishable by Battleye! I never touch Vray so I can get to my monitors hz. But I guess I should test it out now.

Thanks a lot man, I'll read it now, seems like loads of people are pissed about the removal of temporal filtering. Do you have the full link by any chance? I wanna skim through the comments :p

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/6y8xwh/give_us_temporal_filtering_back/

I was worried about the trap spam

I think theyll tone down Lesion and Ela. They just have too much for no real reason.
Ela doesn't seem that bad, it's Lesion that I'm mostly wondering what they were thinking, since there are so many to be potentially wary of and hell if I didn't have the caltrop overlay on my HUD I wouldn't know where my own damn traps were planted afterwards.

Disgraced

New black uniforms are sort of pay-to-win. Couldn't outline Ash on some dark stairs with that black uniform.
I don't think that's the case, dude. I mean, her Blood Orchid uniform adds more gray, in fact.

Because of the baked character lighting, I've never thought darker uniforms have been that much of an advantage (if any) to begin with, save for some nasty spots here and there on the night versions of maps particularly. Spots that are probably largely gone after the latest lighting overhaul.
anyone have guides for the new operators?
pt.1
don step on em
it hurt my foot

Disgraced

pt 2

Everything was flashbangs
pt 3

Ela really likes ice cream cones
and spreading and sharing her ice cream
but it's stinky ice cream
stinky like an onion
and it makes me cryyyy
which is not good for my visual and emotional faculties in a tactical situation
Lesion is a monster. Dude's abilities are terrifying.
Maybe for starters they should take away his SMG's holographic sight and give it to Caveira and/or Frost.

Not sure how and how much his ability should be nerfed yet. I only know it should be nerfed but not too much, because it's pretty easy for a trapper to from A to D tier, as happened with Frost. And then there's poor Kapkan, who was born a D and will probably die a D. He's so shitty he couldn't even be a meme. (Unless you're color blind, in which case he's your worst enemy and you have my condolences. Fuck you Kapkan for taking advantage of the visually impaired!)

TheKeyPit

Banned
I don't think that's the case, dude. I mean, her Blood Orchid uniform adds more gray, in fact.

Because of the baked character lighting, I've never thought darker uniforms have been that much of an advantage (if any) to begin with, save for some nasty spots here and there on the night versions of maps particularly. Spots that are probably largely gone after the latest lighting overhaul.
It's simple science that you can react to brighter things more quickly in the dark, but I wouldn't call it pay-to-win; pay-for-advantage is more fitting.

You also have "pay-for-disadvantage" with bright headgear and bright weapon skins.

There is a video on YouTube detailing this exact stuff in R6.

Edit: Not a single person should use the clown skins.

Top Bottom