• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-life models for in-game characters (RE, Onimusha, Lost Planet, Max Payne, etc.)

You forgot some of the best:

You 'forgot' one too..

ashley-johnson-as-ellie-770x433.png

DOWN

Banned
Model/ reality star Jax Taylor was the model for the marketing and cover Altair for Assassin's Creed 1

ac-altair8.jpg

9Z2Xhcc.jpg

I almost forgot about Keanu Reeves and Snoop Dog in True Crime. Not sure if Snoop count since I cant remember if he plays as himself in the game.

Michael Mando as Vaas from Far Cry 3.

32316_424700700930057_2073169051_n.jpg

There's a live action YouTube series where he terrorizes Christopher Mintz-Plasse (as Vaas) that's an interesting watch for fans of the game.

Vlaphor

This one might not be from the same game, but I do love pointing this out. Those who know of Megarace know that the major reason it's still remembered to this day is the host, Lance Boyle, played by Christain Erickson. Here's some cutscenes to remember him by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpaCa0bpN6g

He's also done some other work in gaming, including a special character in Heavy Rain...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKvgiktn0SI

Also, if you want a little more Heavy Rain goodness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C_AGSzGef4

Miker

Great posts so far. I didn't mention games like Riddick, etc. because it's obvious who those people are. I had to mention Beyoncé: Two Souls because, well, Beyoncé.

Sayad

It's sad how Mortal Kombat was one of the first games to use actors but the current MK games don't use it while suffering from some really bad human faces.

Javin98

Banned
Am I the only one who doesn't see a resemblance between Ellie and Ellen Page besides the name and the ponytail?

Javin98

Banned
They changed her quite a bit after the initial reveal to look a lot more like Ashley Johnson than Ellen Page.
Yeah, I'm aware of this. The old look does look a lot more like Ellen Page, but some people tend to exaggerate the resemblance IMO.

Crzy1

I don't know how to express my feelings with words right now.
Depression, heart broke, I dunno... But I let out a big sigh....

At least we'll always have him in that Walking Dead game that was shit, right? Right? It even had Michael Rooker! Ok, probably not going to make anyone feel any better.

Crzy1

max_payne_face1-e1337193350287.jpg

Sam Lake will always be the one true Max Payne. Dude is so awesome.

But in all honesty, picking James McCaffrey as the face for Max in part 3 was a good idea. Why not use the voice actors face?

They couldn't afford to pay for models (and perhaps even voice actors) for the original Max Payne so a lot of the face models were from Remedy employees. I'm glad they did well enough to be able to use actual models for Max Payne 2, but Sam Lake's face will always be what I think of when I think of Max Payne. I think if I ever met him, I'd be worried the entire time that glass would begin to shatter everywhere and there would be a hail of slow-motion bullets soon afterwards.

Darknight

You forgot some of the best:

Cool thing about Beyond 2 Souls is that apparently they even modeled Page's younger self into her younger virtual self too. I've never seen something like that done and thought it was like a really cool thing QD did.

Compsiox

Banned
Michael Mando as Vaas from Far Cry 3.

32316_424700700930057_2073169051_n.jpg

There's a live action YouTube series where he terrorizes Christopher Mintz-Plasse (as Vaas) that's an interesting watch for fans of the game.

This is what far cry 12 should look like in 40 years with the nvidia gtx Ambassador 12xx

With 30.5 GB of Vram and 142,000 cuda cores

Top Bottom