• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-life models for in-game characters (RE, Onimusha, Lost Planet, Max Payne, etc.)

DOWN

Banned
Vin Diesel as Riddick in Butcher Bay/Dark Athena of course

qtGKdxo.jpg
ZVE3YRM.jpg
I don't think OP is looking for a digital translation of live action characters. Like the Ellen Ripley / Sigourney Weaver example seems outside the purpose of the topic too. I think he means original digital characters based on real likeness, rather than a straight up adaptation character.

kuYuri

I don't think OP is looking for a digital translation of live action characters. Like the Ellen Ripley / Sigourney Weaver example seems outside the purpose of the topic too. I think he means original digital characters based on real likeness, rather than a straight up adaptation character.

In that case..

Call of Duty seems to have been going this route for awhile now.

BouncyFrag

It always blows my mind that Shepard is actually modeled off a real dude, because he seems too handsome for real life
I wonder if he runs into some of the more obsessed* fans of the series demanding selfies whilst peppering him with questions as well as getting his take on the whole ending fiasco.
count me in with the obsessed

Giolon

I never realized there's a model Jill Valentine has been based off of. The resemblance is uncanny!

I notice that in her modeling photos she nearly always has her face turned directly towards the camera to hide how huge her nose is. Still a very attractive face nonetheless. It's distinctive!

The hell, I thought it was Gackt all this time. Squall looks nothing like River Phoenix to me.

Always wondered who Jill was, thanks OP!

yup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Phoenix#References_in_popular_culture

A lesser known reference to River Phoenix was Final Fantasy VIII** '​*s main protagonist Squall Leonhart. Tetsuya Nomura, the lead character designer for the game, stated he modeled Squall on River's visage during development, and even gave Squall the same birthdate.[56]

Battlefield 4
nbTur7A.jpg

Infamous Second Son and Battlefield Hardline
rvFXDMh.jpg

Heavenly Sword! (Did anyone else notice Andy Serkis in the new Avengers movie?)
20593821.jpg

Top Bottom