• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Death Dealer said:
They probably have one or two people whose sole job is to camp this thread and look for streams. They probably have all the major sites like Justin.tv on speed dial. Along with a crack in house legal team, nobody stands a chance.

God, I want that job now that I'm graduating law school.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
In all fairness, it was the exception to the rule.

Once Upon a Time in the West is also from Sergio Leone with a huge cast , Dollars Trilogy , My name is nobody ...really .....what the hell are you talking about :lol

This thread is moving fast now.

Magnus - When you make the campfire are you able to like, move around the physical thing or does it take you into a menu immediately. Appreciate ya.

Magnus

zero margin said:
This thread is moving fast now.

Magnus - When you make the campfire are you able to like, move around the physical thing or does it take you into a menu immediately. Appreciate ya.

Menu, with background visuals of John doing whatever you select.

Cutscenes are pause-able, btw.

CaseyTappy said:
Once Upon a Time in the West is also from Sergio Leone with a huge cast , Dollars Trilogy , My name is nobody ...really .....what the hell are you talking about :lol

I meant the non-Leone ones.

eznark said:
Have Gun Will Travel is, I think
Hmm, can't go wrong with that! I also have 50 set of PD B-Westerns so I think this is the perfect time to crack it open and start watching.

This is the set in case anyone was wondering. It's dirt cheap and you can buy it anywhere practically. Transfers are ass, but you can usually get it for 15 bucks or download some off archive.org
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001HAGUQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Rollin' Plains (Tex Ritter) B&W (1938)
Sing Cowboy Sing (Tex Ritter) B&W (1937)
The Mystery of the Hooded Horseman (Tex Ritter) B&W (1937)
Arizona Days (Tex Ritter) B&W (1937)
Song of the Gringo (Tex Ritter) B&W (1936)
Round-Up Time in Texas (Gene Autry) B&W (1937)
Springtime in the Rockies (Tex Ritter) B&W (1937)
The Carson City Kid (Roy Rogers) B&W (1940)
Colorado (Roy Rogers) B&W (1940)
Young Bill Hickok (Roy Rogers) B&W (1940)
Phantom Rancher (Ken Maynard) B&W (1940)
Broadway to Cheyenne (Rex Bell) B&W (1932)
Stagecoah to Denver (Robert Blake) B&W (1946)
Angel and the Badman (John Wayne) B&W (1947)
Paroled -To Die (Bob Steele) B&W (1937)
The Oklahoma Cyclone (Bob Steele) B&W (1930)
Daniel Boone, Trail Blazer (Bruce Bennett) COLOR (1956)
Kentucky Rifle (Chill Wills) COLOR (1955)
American Empire (Richard Dix) B&W (1942)
Billy the Kid Trapped (Buster Crabbe) B&W (1942)
Vengeance Valley (Burt Lancaster) COLOR (1951)
The Sundowners (Robert Preston) COLOR (1951)
Man of the Frontier (Gene Autry) B&W (1936)
Riders of the Whistling Pines (Gene Autry) B&W (1949)
Painted Desert (George O'Brien) B&W (1938)
Gunfight at Red Sands (Richard Harrison) COLOR (1964)
China 9, Liberty 37 (Warren Oates) COLOR (1978)
Gone with the West (James Caan) COLOR (1978)
The Outlaw (Jane Russell) B&W (1949)
Arizona Stagecoach (Ray "Crash" Corrigan) B&W (1942)
Blue Steel (John Wayne) B&W (1934)
The Santa Fe Trail (Richard Arlen) B&W (1930)
McLintock (John Wayne) COLOR (1963)
Sagebush Trail (John Wayne) B&W (1933)
In Old Caliente (Roy Rogers) B&W (1939)
Rough Riders Round-Up (Roy Rogers) B&W (1939)
Hell Town (John Wayne) B&W (1937)
The Kansan (Richard Dix) B&W (1943)
White Comanche (Joseph Cotton) COLOR (1968)
Mohawk (Neville Brand) COLOR (1956)
Sheriff of Tombstone (Roy Rogers) B&W (1941)
The Grand Duel (Lee Van Cleef) COLOR (1974)
It Can Be Done Amigo (Jack Palance) COLOR (1973)
Abilene Town (Randolph Scott) B&W (1946)
7th Cavalry (Randolph Scott) COLOR (1956)
My Pal Trigger (Roy Rogers) B&W (1946)
Cowboy and the Senorita (Roy Rogers) B&W (1944)
Bells of San Angelo (Roy Rogers) COLOR (1947)
Under California Stars (Roy Rogers) COLOR (1948)

Actually here is the link for Archive.org westerns
http://www.archive.org/search.php?q...llection:moviesandfilms AND subject:"Western"

69 Free Movies!

Zeliard

It really needs to be emphasized again:

If you're looking to get into some Westerns before the game comes out to get in the mood, and you haven't seen Deadwood, that is your new #1 priority from now until Tuesday.

Magnus

Did GTA4 have slide-in cover mechanics? R1, even from a distance, will slide you into cover, Uncharted 2-style. I like.

RavenFox

Banned
RbBrdMan said:
I would so love to see a tornado out there in the wide open plains of the west. Framerate killer though.
Frame rate be damned just send it
CaseyTappy said:
Yup that gem is in my collection:D

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
This! There both great styles with their own merits and pluses.

I would have to say you need to consider the huge impact of The Wild Bunch too
Yeah, I completely omitted Sam Peckinpah in that but then remembered him in a later post.

There's a scene in Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid where Slim Pickens buys it and is seeing his wife for the last time and the background is like this awesome unreal New Mexico sunset and Bob Dylan is playing Knockin' on Heaven's Door... Peckinpah was like a genre all his own.

There is a point where a video game is limitless possibility in your mind -- it's everything you ever wanted to play all in a pretty DVD box. This is it. It really is. At least until I open the box.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
http://de.justin.tv/247gamersnet#r=s0DLTVM~

GO! GO! GO! :D

edit: still alive ...go get some :lol

DeuceMojo said:
Yeah, I completely omitted Sam Peckinpah in that but then remembered him in a later post.

There's a scene in Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid where Slim Pickens buys it and is seeing his wife for the last time and the background is like this awesome unreal New Mexico sunset and Bob Dylan is playing Knockin' on Heaven's Door... Peckinpah was like a genre all his own.

There is a point where a video game is limitless possibility in your mind -- it's everything you ever wanted to play all in a pretty DVD box. This is it. It really is. At least until I open the box.

Yep, I absolutely agree. I'm doing some cleaning around the house, but then I'm grab Westerns of the PSN, that 50 pack, archive.org and I'm unwinding tonight in the Old West.
I'm going to soak up the atmosphere in preparation for the game.

Magnus

notjackbauer said:
Hey Magnus, how does the targeting feel? What level did you choose?

I just kept it at default, Normal. It auto-targets for you when you come out of cover, although not 100% of the time. Feels alright. The targetting reticle is fucking small, and the majority of shooting scenarios have been at dusk. Those two things combined make it really difficult to see what or who you're shooting. The smoke from recently fired guns is the way to spot targets at a distance.

feel

LMAO he just got kicked off the horse after some shitty handling, and then shot it in the ass resulting in mission fail.

The chat is great.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Rockstar are marketing geniuses.

Shutting down streams builds more demand for the product because they treat the game like it's some top secret "for our eyes only" bs.

It's the equivalent of not letting a child have candy. :lol

Magnus

Goddamned game needs a compass like woah. Having to hop into the map to regain my bearings every 30 seconds is killing me. :lol

navanman said:
Streams are all down, those ninjas are quick!
The first rule of Rockstar Ninjas is do not talk about Rockstar Ninjas.

Magnus said:
Goddamned game needs a compass like woah. Having to hop into the map to regain my bearings every 30 seconds is killing me. :lol
Ai chihuahua, now that's all I'll think about while riding cross country.

Loxley

Stop posting direct links already.

People here know what sites to go to for streams, you keep posting the direct links and R*'s assassins will pounce on'em.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Magnus said:

But there's a mini map right ?

Top Bottom