• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Zeliard said:
It really needs to be emphasized again:

If you're looking to get into some Westerns before the game comes out to get in the mood, and you haven't seen Deadwood, that is your new #1 priority from now until Tuesday.

This. Along with Breaking Bad, Deadwood is my favourite show ever.

Haunted

DeuceMojo said:
Ai chihuahua, now that's all I'll think about while riding cross country.
:lol Dunno why but that made me laugh. I've pictured a stereotypical Mexican saying it and everything.

Hey Magnus, you said earlier that the story has a really slow start... has it picked up since? Gotten any interesting?

Have those dick FBI agents who kidnapped John's family made an appearance yet?

Seanspeed

Banned
So is the music in the game an essential part of the atmosphere? Generally, in open-world games, I tend to turn the music off as it feels more 'immersive' like this.

Camper182

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Hey Magnus, you said earlier that the story has a really slow start... has it picked up since? Gotten any interesting?

Have those dick FBI agents who kidnapped John's family made an appearance yet?
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Magnus

Yeah, I wish I hadn't read that spoiler either. :lol

Story's alright I guess. Just helping people with errands really, building a name for myself.

Sound and music are perfect.

Camper182 said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

What? That's a plot point that's been mentioned all the time. I think. And I tagged it, so don't complain.

But I cracked up at that.

Edit:

Oh, I'm sorry guys. I was lead to believe that that's somewhere in the beginning of the game. Sorry about that. Hope I didn't really mess it up for you. It was also mentioned in that 'The Law' trailer...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
God, I want that job now that I'm graduating law school.

Pretty sure that's a job an intern, not a lawyer, would do.

Also, any word of early nyc release? perhaps it's been discussed but i missed it.

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent
schennmu said:
This. Along with Breaking Bad, Deadwood is my favourite show ever.

Deadwood is outstanding. Plus it seems to be hitting a lot of the civilization vs wilderness, tradition vs progress, and forced technological advancement themes that R* is going for with RDR.

For that matter, even though people often rank it lowest, season 2 of The Wire hits those same issues, and I'll take this and every other excuse to recommend that show in full.

Haunted said:
:lol Dunno why but that made me laugh. I've pictured a stereotypical Mexican saying it and everything.
rhq3wx.jpg

I look yust like everyone else! :lol

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
commish said:
Also, any word of early nyc release? perhaps it's been discussed but i missed it.

If it gets discussed in here the R* ninjas would be standing in front of the shops door I'm sure.

Zeliard

WreckTheLaw said:
Deadwood is outstanding. Plus it seems to be hitting a lot of the civilization vs wilderness, tradition vs progress, and forced technological advancement themes that R* is going for with RDR.

For that matter, even though people often rank it lowest, season 2 of The Wire hits those same issues, and I'll take this and every other excuse to recommend that show in full.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
I meant the non-Leone ones.

if you have Encore's Western channel, you might be surprised of how many low budget american westerns were made.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
d0c_zaius said:
yessir, deadwood is the greatest! shame they never finished it with the movies :(

came to a very satisfying thematic conclusion, imo. watching that sort of show you can't expect all loose ends to wrap up; like THE WIRE, things just sort of. . . continue, like life does.

Magnus

Skinning the Stallion I'd bonded with for "Horse Meat +1" after two hours of bonding with it in several missions (and then an accident with a train that got it killed) was a gruesome experience. :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Apologies if this has been answered, but the OP says the Gamestop SE contains ALL the preorder bonuses, but on the website for Gamestop and for Rockstar, I only see that the Deadly Assassin outfit. Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks.

levious said:
if you have Encore's Western channel, you might be surprised of how many low budget american westerns were made.
No I wouldn't, I own tons of them myself. Most of those movies in the 50 pack were nickel and dime budgets. The ease in making them (much like the kung fu movie) was what helped make the genre as popular as it was and still is. Still great films though.

Well not strictly a Western people need to prep for RDR with MANDOM!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV3gA7hNItY

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
nskinnear said:
It says right on GameStop's website what the Special Edition includes:
  • THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT - John Marston’s “Deadly Assassin” outfit causes your Dead Eye to regenerate at twice the speed.
  • THE ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK - The original score composed by the critically acclaimed recording artists Bill Elm and Woody Jackson.
  • AND EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGES
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74711
Right. That conflicts with the OP which says the SE includes all the preorder bonuses. I guess the OP is wrong.

I think I'll give up watching the streams. Either I'm seeing the opening for the 54th time, or the way people are playing is frustrating me. :lol

newsguy

Net_Wrecker said:
I think I'll give up watching the streams. Either I'm seeing the opening for the 54th time, or the way people are playing is frustrating me. :lol

Yeah, I'm watching a stream where the guy does nothing interesting. The first time I saw two horses pulling a carriage I wondered if killing one of them would startle the other and cause a hilarious dragging session. What's wrong with me :(

Pungza

Saw some night gameplay in a stream. It still looked like it was daylight, just with a starry night sky, bit disappointing.

Top Bottom