• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Paid off my pre-order at gamestop for the 360 version. Will have it at the midnight release, then two days off for work. MadCow4Life is my gamertag. Cant wait for the MP.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I can promise you that R* is watching this thread. As soon as a stream gets posted here, it lasts for about another 15 minutes.

mujun

In some cases Iphone footage on Youtube is enough.

In others anything but hardcore analysis by Digital Foundry and the like isn't.

:lol

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I know exactly what you mean. That video felt like a modern Oregon Trail.
Thank goodness someone else finally mentioned The Oregon Trail. I thought I was the only one getting flashbacks with that footage or stuff posted earlier in the thread. :D

Hmm, an Oregon Trail Scenario would make an AMAZING DLC. You'd have to scale the time back (and weapons available), but it could be awesome.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Fuck I can't believe I have to wait this one out a few more days. Damn Amazon trade in credit...I WANT TO PLAY THIS NONSENSE ASAP.

I'm the same way, there is a place that should have it in by noon tomorrow a block from me. I have the whole week off, so waiting won't hurt and neither will the credit, but damn I want to start playing this game ASAP. lol

i have a question to anyone who has the game already, about hunting.

can you be stealthy when hunting? say you're in a forest looking for a bear to kill, and you see one... does it see you immediately too and just charge straight at you? or can you for example let it walk past if you're hidden crouching behind a rock or something?

mujun said:
In some cases Iphone footage on Youtube is enough.

In others anything but hardcore analysis by Digital Foundry and the like isn't.

:lol
Might you be hinting at a thread regarding a certain writer's game? :lol

Just preordered mine from Amazon, I'm a sucker for gold. *Shrug*

Won't be here til the 21st which blows but it was free shipping with the prime 1 month trial so oh well.

dread9

Banned
pharmboy044 said:
Wow that was fast. R* ninja's are definitely watching this thread.

carl_waving.gif

Wave to them!

UrbanRats

astroturfing said:
i have a question to anyone who has the game already, about hunting.

can you be stealthy when hunting? say you're in a forest looking for a bear to kill, and you see one... does it see you immediately too and just charge straight at you? or can you for example let it walk past if you're hidden crouching behind a rock or something?
I wanna know this too!

JambiBum

UrbanRats said:
I wanna know this too!
In the screens of the wildlife section at the rockstar site they have a picture of Marston sneaking up on a chicken undetected. Caption says something about it too. Not sure how that works with bears and things with better senses of smell though.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Why would R be taking the shit down? Its sending everyone into a hype frenzy causing crazy impulse sales and orgasms everywhere!

~Kinggi~ said:
Why would R be taking the shit down? Its sending everyone into a hype frenzy causing crazy impulse sales and orgasms everywhere!

Because they want to control the footage that's shown to the public as much as they can before the game releases.

Messi

I find myself clicking on streams, or youtube videos of streams and closing them after 10 or so seconds going "No, you have waited this long...don't spoil it for yourself in the home stretch by watching low quality videos of someone playing"

It does not make the wait any easier.

Messi said:
I find myself clicking on streams, or youtube videos of streams and closing them after 10 or so seconds going "No, you have waited this long...don't spoil it for yourself in the home stretch by watching low quality videos of someone playing"

It does not make the wait any easier.

I'm with ya, this guy in this stream is really far in the game and I don't want to see all that. The first 5-10 missions whatever but no more.

JambiBum said:
Ignore the chat and you will be just fine. He mostly just screws around playing mini games and fucks with people.
I mean here :p

If people want to spoil themselves, fine by me, but don't post every detail you see here pls.

Messi

Can marston take off his hat? can I shoot hats off other cowboys. are there many hat variants? maybe there is a hat store?

Top Bottom