• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

FrankT

Big Ass Ramp said:
Maybe Gamespy has some Xbox Live optimizations that devs can buy. I doubt it's the same thing as the PS3 version.

For what though? I mean I don't think it uses Gamespy, but I could be wrong.

Oh I see on the box where it says it uses Gamespy, but then again for what?

Xbox Live pretty much does chat and doubt it is using Gamespy servers for online play on Xbox so?

dread9

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:
so, was I trolling?

Forget that, I asked for answers! I really would like to know why gamespy hurts the ps3 version!
You sound like you have them with statements like that!

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
dread9 said:
Forget that, I asked for answers! I really would like to know why gamespy hurts the ps3 version!

zero margin said it best. It was used in GTA4 for the PS3 and it was basically broken.

Sigh... well, at least they use Gamespy on the Xbox version as well.
Maybe things have improved with Gamespy's services on PS3...

Who a I kidding? :lol

=(

There isn't anything we can do about it anyway. But I will be so pissed off when this game turns out to be shit online, because it promises to provide one of the (if not the) best online experience my friends and I ever had.

FrankT

dread9 said:

Most the complaints I've seen in here about GS is due to the chat functions in previous PS3 games. I think someone listed a couple earlier. Borderlands I do remember. Someone may have mentioned lag as well not sure.

dread9

Banned
I'm willing to take a chance getting the ps3 version, if not, rockstar better have at least 5 pages reserved for me in the "I HATE YOU, YOU BETRAYED US AGAIN-Ps3" forum on their website.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
dread9 said:
I'm willing to take a chance getting the ps3 version, if not, rockstar better have at least 5 pages reserved for me in the "I HATE YOU, YOU BETRAYED US AGAIN-Ps3" forum on their website.

:lol There will be those topics even if GS works fine.

dread9 said:

Again:
• LAG.
• Bad voicechat-quality. Really bad.
• Many connection issues, even with an open NAT Type, partly resulting in:
• Shitty matchmaking.

This was the case with GTA IV on the PS3 at least.

Mayyhem

magicaltrevor said:
Again:
• LAG.
• Bad voicechat-quality. Really bad.
• Many connection issues, even with an open NAT Type, partly resulting in:
• Shitty matchmaking.

This was the case with GTA IV on the PS3 at least.
Wait...so the GTA IV on Xbox 360 wasn't powered by Gamespy, but RDR is? Uh oh.

magicaltrevor said:
Framerate looks great, at least! (as does the water... holy shit!) :D
dat.jpg

dat river

Magnus

miladesn said:
360 version is 720p 2xMSAA
We don't know about the PS3 version yet.
Is there anything I can do to help determine the ps3 version's properties?

Package says 720p and so does the information reading on my display while playing.

Teknoman

The online looked pretty smooth when that french guy was playing, so I dont think we have much to worry about.

I just hope proximity chat is in for multiplayer. Always cool to hear when an enemy is near by.

Question about the PS3 version:
• How does inviting/joining friends work in multiplayer? Does it use standard PSN messages (like in Modern Warfare 2), which you can join instantly through the in-game XMB, or do we have to use a custom in-game menu for it?

Can you answer this, Magnus? :D

Teknoman said:
The online looked pretty smooth when that french guy was playing, so I dont think we have much to worry about.

I just hope proximity chat is in for multiplayer. Always cool to hear when an enemy is near by.

Agreed. It's great to here their reaction when you suprise/kill 'em :lol

Khezu

About this 360 version using gamespy, how does that work? Are there any other 360 games that have used gamespy in the past?

That seems kinda weird to me.

animation looks really stiff and unnatural in quite a few places.

Khezu said:
About this 360 version using gamespy, how does that work? Are there any other 360 games that have used gamespy in the past?

That seems kinda weird to me.

your standard 360 features will work just fine since they're integrated into the OS even if the 360 version uses gamespy.

astroturfing said:
thanks for that, looks REAL nice, outstanding for an open-world game really.

oh god i am going to spend way too many hours just staring at things :D

I know exactly what you mean. That video felt like a modern Oregon Trail. Fuck I can't believe I have to wait this one out a few more days. Damn Amazon trade in credit...I WANT TO PLAY THIS NONSENSE ASAP.

Well I just pre-ordered the PS3 version from Amazon. The strange thing was for whatever reason the 360 version offered release day shipping with amazon prime, but the PS3 version didn't. Going to go put my information into the PS3 list, send me some friend invites guys. I look forward joining a GAF posse soon!

WickedLaharl said:
animation looks really stiff and unnatural in quite a few places.

it's a videogame. with a gigantic open world. it's not going to be 100% accurate..

this is like the last game that anyone should have complaints about animation... just having Euphoria in the game must have been a huge fucking pain in the ass to implement. and yet, people complain.

seriously just look at the big picture, the animations are fucking incredible overall! some inconsistencies here and there are unavoidable, because it's still not real life.

dread9

Banned
astroturfing said:
it's a videogame. with a gigantic open world. it's not going to be 100% accurate..

this is like the last game that anyone should have complaints about animation... just having Euphoria in the game must have been a huge fucking pain in the ass to implement. and yet, people complain.

seriously just look at the big picture, the animations are fucking incredible overall! some inconsistencies here and there are unavoidable, because it's still not real life.

This plus a few obscenities mixed in,

panda21

ooo when you walk slow with the horse like when he is going down to the river does it decide the path to go a little on its own or is it just entirely you 1-1 steering it with the analogue? that would be awesome

Top Bottom