• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

PS3 version has vSync

X360 does not.. results in screen tearing.

Explains why PS3 version may have a lower frame rate.. vSync feature takes alot of performance

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
This. So much this. It pisses me off that people act like that when they know that no one knows it's them. One of the reasons I've almost completely stopped playing MP altogether.
Actually, in this case I find it hilarious, because it really is just like the old west. Kind of lawless and you can try to get away with anything as long as no one see's your face.

edit: yeah there are assholes, but I mute them and move on. Maybe it's just playing with so many GAF members since the ps3 came our but the times when we encountered juggling assclowns are rare.

Cant0na said:
Suspect list -

- smarkel
- Rev 09

Interestingly enough I had just PMed Rev 09 the stream link mere seconds before it was taken down..

witch hunt ftw

And smarkel a few minutes before that..

Cant0na

Banned
sw33tclyde said:
Interestingly enough I had just PMed Rev 09 the stream link mere seconds before it was taken down..

witch hunt ftw

And smarkel a few minutes before that..

Suspect list -

- Net_Wrecker
- Rev 09 - high alert
- smarkle

dun dun dun

Rikyfree

mujun said:
How is it more enjoyable on the PS3? Because you enjoy spending money on a headset or because you enjoy not having to pay a yearly fee for the online service?
Please don't start this here again guys. Take it elsewhere.

The bloody hell? No clue if this is true or what not (it came up in a Google News search for RDR)

http://www.itchythumbs.com/2010/05/15/uk-supermarket-to-boycott-red-dead-redemption/

Itchy Thumbs has learned that a major UK supermarket chain is set to boycott the release of Rockstar’s highly anticipated western shooter, Red Dead Redemption this Friday.

A source from within the chain (whose name we’ll keep secret in our back pocket – tap, tap) revealed that staff members have been told not to offer any customers the option of reserving or ordering the title, as they will not be stocking it.

No reason has been given for the boycott, which leads us to wonder if there is a dispute between the parent company and Rockstar regarding pricing. The game itself is still currently available for order on the store’s website, though as that is powered by a different source, it’s likely that any orders made there will be unaffected. It’s also highly possible that any dispute will be resolved by the end of the week, and the game will be available as originally intended.

We’ll be monitoring this story through the week, and will endeavour to bring you any more info that we learn.

On the bright side you can now preview the soundtrack!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003LVX7JG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Amazon has listed Red Dead Redemption's soundtrack on their online MP3 store. While you cannot yet buy it, there are previews of each song.
Song Title Artist Time
1. Born Unto Trouble Bill Elm 3:12
2. The Shootist Bill Elm 4:17
3. Dead End Alley Bill Elm 2:06
4. Horseplay Bill Elm 3:49
5. Luz Y Sombra Bill Elm 5:19
6. El Club De Los Cuerpos Bill Elm 6:24
7. Estancia Bill Elm 2:02
8. (Theme From) Red Dead Redemption Bill Elm 5:38
9. Triggernometry Bill Elm 5:23
10. Gunplay Bill Elm 1:28
11. Redemption In Dub Bill Elm 2:09
12. Muertos Rojos (aka The Gunslinger's Lament) Bill Elm 5:50
13. The Outlaw's Return Bill Elm 6:54
14. Exodus In America Bill Elm 4:59
15. Already Dead Bill Elm 1:31
16. Far Away Jose Gonzalez 4:39
17. Compass (Red Dead On Arrival Version) Jamie Lidell 2:59
18. Deadman's Gun Ashtar Command 4:15
19. Bury Me Not On The Lone Prairie William Elliot Whitmore 2:24

Source: Amazon

http://www.rockstarwatch.net/news/955/Preview-Red-Dead-Redemptions-soundtrack/

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent
I was going to mention that I spent some time today acting as a clearing house for stream links.

But then I realized, that's exactly what a spy would say!

bounchfx

so, those of you who've obtained it early: how is the gunplay? and the character movement?

I'm excited, and I want the game, but if it's anything like GTA4 I'm worried about the actual character gameplay. GTA4 had better shooting than 3 but it still wasn't 'good'.

I'm so on the fucking fence, I have it in my cart on amazon ready to go but I'm afraid I'll get it and I'll think it plays like ass. bah.

ecnal

Rev 09 is definitely not the r* ninja, he pm'd me the stream as it was going down.

any other steams available? if so, pm me please.

Magnus

enkeixpress said:
PS3 version has vSync

Explains why PS3 version may have a lower frame rate.. vSync feature takes alot of performance

Haven't seen any screen-tearing in the 360 version myself yet.

How is the soundtrack in game? I'm listening a little to the samples at Amazon and it's just not clicking for me. Granted, I could be looking for an excuse to just "Chinese Score" the game. :lol

Cant0na said:
sure you do american NINJA

You do McCarthy proud son!

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
How is the soundtrack in game? I'm listening a little to the samples at Amazon and it's just not clicking for me. Granted, I could be looking for an excuse to just "Chinese Score" the game. :lol

I heard one song on a stream late last night that blew me away. Reminded me of Neil Young(the song has singing!), it started playing as Marston entered Mexico after riding down a river with Irish.

KooPaL

I would like to join a giant gang of hooligans! Please add my xbox live name: KooPaL-

On another note, I haven't been as excited of a game since the Playstation days. Hopefully, actually I am sure that it would live up to the hype.

Great impressions, thx Magnus. 360 version for me most likely then.

Can you comment on the dithering? How are the shadows and trees on 360 (especially in bright daylight)?

enkeixpress said:
PS3 version has vSync

So how are things at Rockstar hq going?
Amazing to see you not banned after the crap you pulled here

bounchfx said:
so, those of you who've obtained it early: how is the gunplay? and the character movement?

Shooting is great. Character movement feels similar to GTA4, but improved. Movement on horses feels controlled and yet not automatic, the horse has a personality. And if you keep the same one long enough, they can get upgrades.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
bounchfx said:

I'm excited, and I want the game, but if it's anything like GTA4 I'm worried about the actual character gameplay. GTA4 had better shooting than 3 but it still wasn't 'good'.

I'm so on the fucking fence, I have it in my cart on amazon ready to go but I'm afraid I'll get it and I'll think it plays like ass. bah.

Same here. I just went ahead and pre-ordered it again. I've been back and forth on this one for a while.

Hopefully the atmosphere, story, music and other elements of the game will overshadow the (maybe) bad controls.

Death Dealer said:
Shooting is great. Character movement feels similar to GTA4, but improved. Movement on horses feels controlled and yet not automatic, the horse has a personality. And if you keep the same one long enough, they can get upgrades.

I did not know that, but it sounds kick fuck.

I don't know, I didn't even know that EBGames/GS had that as an option. The one on Amazon seems to be the full soundtrack (well retail at least).

Does anyone have details on the soundtrack GS is offering?
Is it a physical copy or just a download?

fightinaroundtheworld.png

<3 the new avatar sir. :D

Ehhh im not really liking the DeadEye feature anymore.

At the start i used to be able to activate it and then aim where I wanted on the body any shoot. Now that ive played a bit more and its been upgraded, when I am it automaticly puts these X's on parts of the body I go over and then will automaticly shoot.

Kinda annoying......

Magnus

I guess a lot of basic stuff that happens in the game gets glossed over a lot by those who play it. I'll mention some neat stuff I guess, random thoughts.

Your horse's stamina increases greatly as you use it more. Becomes very evident when you lose one from a steep fall or whatever and have to use a fresh one that just can't gun it quite as quickly to top speed.

Sticking to roads and trails will very noticeably and automatically boost your riding speed. It's like it takes less effort for the horse to just charge ahead on paved surfaces, feels somewhat realistic. It's great.

Marston will tear down a Wanted poster upon accepting a mark and take it with him. :D

schennmu said:
Great impressions, thx Magnus. 360 version for me most likely then.

Can you comment on the dithering? How are the shadows and trees on 360 (especially in bright daylight)?

Honestly, it all looks brilliant. Thinks look a little...sharper and jaggier on the 360? Ever so slightly. Nothing to write home about. It's really the framerate that sets them apart. L2/R2 on the PS3 felt just fine to me for those still concerned about that.

HorribleJames said:
I did not know that, but it sounds kick fuck.

The horse's stamina bar increases the more they trust you (based on time in the saddle on that horse) It's a good incentive to stay loyal to the same horse.
Needless to say, it sucks to lose a good horse. I haven't found any war horses yet. I think they're supposed to be the fastest and strongest.

Thank you! It's such a wonderfully hilarious name for a trophy/achievement.

Isn't that the one you get for starting a bar brawl in every town?

Edit:
Found the song I heard last night. It's called Far Away by José González.

Check it out - link

Wow this guy is amazing, here's another one of his songs on youtube

Top Bottom