• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Teknoman

Checking out the rest of the track samples, good stuff. Glad that its in MP as well.

sw33tclyde said:
Blame it on Rocky and Bullwinkle, corrupting us as children.

I expect to see someone post a video of the act on youtube complete with classic bad guy piano music.

Teknoman said:
I expect to see someone post a video of the act on youtube complete with classic bad guy piano music.

Hopefully someone with the necessary tools will commit to the dastardly plan and make it happen!

JambiBum

sw33tclyde said:
Hopefully someone with the necessary tools will commit to the dastardly plan and make it happen!

I would stream tomorrow but unfortunately since my laptop is getting repaired I can't do it right now.

SpaceHorror

A lasso to track train kill video is on YouTube. The guy puts two people on the track. I won't post the link here, but you can easily find it using common sense and the advanced search options... ;)

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Alright, folks, I'm off to bed. By the time I'm on here again, I bet everybody will be freaking out over the scores. :D

Spaulding

Just got this info from the SocialClub:

Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer Session with Rockstar
Platform: PSN
Date: 5.21.10
Time: 4-7 PM ET

Pezking

It's decided: I'm gonna go with the PS3 version.

I gladly accept a slightly worse framerate if I get V-Sync and therefore no tearing instead.

Also, DTS sound and my personal preferation of the PS3's controller are always a plus.

It's nice that both versions seemingly turned out alright and are almost identical.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Indeed framerate > Tearing, I can't stand tearing in games. Its just annoying, at least framerate drops happen when lots of things are going on and gives it a "slow mo" moment feel to the scenes at times. :lol

MercuryLS

Banned
Pezking said:
It's decided: I'm gonna go with the PS3 version.

I gladly accept a slightly worse framerate if I get V-Sync and therefore no tearing instead.

Also, DTS sound and my personal preferation of the PS3's controller are always a plus.

It's nice that both versions seemingly turned out alright and are almost identical.

Supposedly there's no tearing with the X360 version and a better framerate when things get hectic.

glaurung

I pre-ordered the PS3 version a long time ago simply because I am moving my entire collection over to that console.

Whatever graphical discrepancies there might be between the two versions: I do not care. GTA IV looked good enough for me on PS3.

leng jai

I like how this thread has 5000 replies and the game is not even officially out yet.

Some of the screenshots posted earlier have sold me on the game, looks great.

Mik2121

Dear Miguel,

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

The date is not confirmed. If there are any news, we would update our
website.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Michelle
Play-Asia.com

:(

Hopefully this is what they always reply even if they get the game the next day.. :(

UFRA

In GTAIV the cell phone was the interactive menu system to navigate different modes/features of the game.

In RDR, is there a similar sort of thing? And what is it?

UFRA said:
In GTAIV the cell phone was the interactive menu system to navigate different modes/features of the game.

The campsite. You can save, change outfits, and fast travel to previously visited locations from it

Err I guess Mik is right. The start menu is good too.

mujun

Mik2121 said:
:(

Hopefully this is what they always reply even if they get the game the next day.. :(

Don't worry, 99% of the time they ship on Tuesdays. You will notice a change to the status sometime in the afternoon (order pending or the like) and then it will usually change to shipped Tuesday night.

JimFear said:
any reliable source about the lenght of the game?
HipHopgamer isnt a reliable source btw.

The LA Times article in the OP states it will take 40 hours to finish, but they don't really explain what constitutes finishing. You should read it anyway, great article.

MercuryLS

Banned
UFRA said:

It uses telegrams, unfortunately you have to send a request for multiplayer and you won't get a response back for 1 week in-game time. It's very realistic.

peetfeet

sw33tclyde said:
The campsite. You can save, change outfits, and fast travel to previously visited locations from it

Do you enter Free Roam via that too?

Also when entering Free Roam, where do you start? where ever you happen to be a la Burnout Paradise?

Edit: i think that was just answered, sort of, in previous post. You need to wait a certain length of ingame time for your multiplayer to start?

UFRA

sw33tclyde said:
The campsite. You can save, change outfits, and fast travel to previously visited locations from it.

Ah ok, but is there any sort of "on-the-go" way to access this stuff (multiplayer for example) or is it just a basic pause menu?

I'm just curious, I know it's an odd question lol. I just really liked the way they did that stuff in GTAIV.

Mik2121 said:
The START menu :p

I deserved that...as soon as I posted the question I was like, "yeah....someone's gonna have a go at me for that one." :lol

Haunted

sw33tclyde said:

The campsite is more like your homes in GTAIV.

sw33tclyde said:
The LA Times article in the OP states it will take 40 hours to finish, but they don't really explain what constitutes finishing. You should read it anyway, great article.
Any spoilers in the LA Times review?

edit: Err nvm, I was thinking of the NY Times review posted above, anyone know if there are any big spoilers?

nico

Banned
Not that i'm going to buy a ps3 for just one game, but has anyone who actually has the game reported tearing in the 360 version? I HATE tearing much, much more than sub-hd, jaggies, frame rate or lack of top hats.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
DrBo42 said:
Where did all the frame rate and tearing discussion come from? Do we have legit sources for each console?

Frame rate argument is from Magnus, a poster here who has played both versions. There's no source for the tearing comment, none I've read at least.

found a video on youtube where someone gets drunk, beats a woman, chases her down the street and lassos her, then takes her on his horse and rides off... and ends up putting her on some train tracks (still bound) and watches a train run over her.

kick fuck.

p.s. he got an achievement for it

Mik2121

mujun said:
Don't worry, 99% of the time they ship on Tuesdays. You will notice a change to the status sometime in the afternoon (order pending or the like) and then it will usually change to shipped Tuesday night.
Let's hope that's the case this time as well. Last game I bought via Play-Asia was Modern Warfare 2, but I usually buy games at an import store around here. Play-Asia usually gets the games a couple days earlier so that's why I decided to go with it this time, because I just can't wait for the game.. but I hope they don't make me wait too much.. :(

neorej

ERMYGERD!
nico said:
Not that i'm going to buy a ps3 for just one game, but has anyone who actually has the game reported tearing in the 360 version? I HATE tearing much, much more than sub-hd, jaggies, frame rate or lack of top hats.

I have yet to come across any tearing in the 360-version, apart from one slight occasion where I was standing on top of a hill and panned really fast (to test for tearing). No tearing so far in the regular gaming experience.

Mik2121

peetfeet said:
Do you enter Free Roam via that too?

Also when entering Free Roam, where do you start? where ever you happen to be a la Burnout Paradise?

Edit: i think that was just answered, sort of, in previous post. You need to wait a certain length of ingame time for your multiplayer to start?
You access the multiplayer from the START menu.

And regarding the starting point, I'll guess it works like in GTAIV. You just spawn at X distance from the rest of the people, depending on the settings of the game.

Judging from GTAIV, tearing in the 360 version is pretty unlikely. According to DF, there was some very slight tearing present, but it was not noticeable to my eyes.

chandoog@Digital_Foundry There's some hub hub going on about RDR on the PS3 being sub HD, can you put some light on that?
Digital_Foundry@chandoog Assuming it's running the GTA engine though, it's probably not surprising if it is.
Digital_Foundry@chandoog Won't see the game until launch, unfortunately.

Chandoog, do you even own a PS3 or consider buying that version? :lol

UFRA said:

There was word that they'd implemented something similiar. Jimmy Smith. Early in the game you meet Jimmy, and afterwards anytime you needed the menu you just hit UP on the d-pad, and ole' Jimmy'd come running. The problem was that he'd run from wherever he was at that point in time. Meaning, that little shit could take three hours to show up. Sometimes he'd run into bears and then you were really fucked.

Damn, DF won't get a chance to analyse the games until launch(which is Friday in the UK/IRL). Was hoping they would have a comparison up before then.

Is installing the game to HDD on a 20gb 360 a bad move? A friend of mind did it for GTA4 and the road textures were loading while he was driving on them, and driving slowly, too.

Stream from disc I guess.

Barney

Neo Member
Does anyone know if the Xbox 360 version is region locked or not? my console is Pal and I've pre-ordered the US version.

and is it true that the PS3 version will get some exclusive contents?

NHale

TreyoftheDead said:
Well, if the rumors are true, the embargo has been officially lifted, which means the reviews could go up at any time now.

The last thing I heard was that the embargo ends today at 5PM GMT/12PM EST/9AM PST.

Mad_Ban

I hope this doesn't suffer from GTA4 syndrome where reviewers praised it and it was actually a very good game, yet some people hated it and made themself seem the majority. I can see all the signs in this thread of it happening. :p

Majine

Banned
Mad_Ban said:
I hope this doesn't suffer from GTA4 syndrome where reviewers praised it and it was actually a very good game, yet some people hated it and made themself seem the majority. I can see all the signs in this thread of it happening. :p
I don't get the GTA4 haters. I know, the game isn't 10/10, but they make it seem like the worst piece of crap ever, which it definately isn't.

BeeDog

schennmu said:

:lol It's a sad state of affairs when gamers that are 'known' not to have any interest in a console still show remarkably much attention to it, especially when the news might be negative.

Daigoro

schennmu said:
Judging from GTAIV, tearing in the 360 version is pretty unlikely. According to DF, there was some very slight tearing present, but it was not noticeable to my eyes.

careful, you dont want to stir up some hub hub now do you?

Top Bottom