• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
ManCannon said:
Quitting won't go away entirely but the situation will definitely improve... First, fix some of the bigger playlist issues, then update the quitter system to be a more effective deterrent. The Betrayal system is under review as well and may still be able to get tweaked in time for the October update.

What about suiciders who bring a team down nineteen points by going into a corner and throwing nades at themselves?

Also douchebags like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehMsDGDWN4

I really hope modding hasn't taken up this quickly, and that this persons claims are false (offline games perhaps?)

rip to my copy of reach, that $39.00 trade in amazon credit was to good to pass up.

I'll have it again by next week or so, number 13 i think on goozex :D

i can't wait til SWAT gets its own playlist, fuck that game :lol

I'd like a "misc/random games" playlist for infection, grifball, that sumo thing from Halo 3, etc.
love me some infection

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
friskykillface said:
i can't wait til SWAT gets its own playlist, fuck that game :lol

thing is I really like swat and would play that mode, but I don't want to do it ALL THE TIME.

Same thing with infection, except infection is actually like having aids.

ManCannon

Hypertrooper said:
There is a good way to avoid it. Add the HaloGAF Reach GT and send some invites to some HaloGAF people. First you've no quitters in your team and the other point is that the invitee will be explode because of the joy to play with a Bungie member. I guess.

Both GAF tags were full last I tried and I didn't know who could specifically make a slot for me (assuming there was a slot full of a defunct player to kick). Ever since my account was hacked I've never been able to restore my friends list, it's a shadow of its former self.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Yet another team objective game where armor abilities are bugged %50 of the time and do not show on the screen or work. Fix this shit bungie.

Also had a sword lunge go around a corner, the fuck?

cwmartin

Diablohead said:
Needs to be a 3rd neogaf reach gamertag, lots of us are not in them.

I'm left in the cold. I just wanna play with some GAFFERS! I haven't been able to experience the joy of any customs yet.

ManCannon said:
Both GAF tags were full last I tried and I didn't know who could specifically make a slot for me (assuming there was a slot full of a defunct player to kick). Ever since my account was hacked I've never been able to restore my friends list, it's a shadow of its former self.
Welcome to the club. I'm only on the HaloGAF ReachBeta Tag. But i have Starlit, Sai_Kun, MagniHarvald and Zeouterlimits in my Friendlist. When i want to play with some from gaf, i look at their friendlist and find some one.

cwmartin said:
I'm left in the cold. I just wanna play with some GAFFERS! I haven't been able to experience the joy of any customs yet.
Me neither. I haven't played ANY wacky gametypes in Reach yet either.

Metalic Sand said:
Yet another team objective game where armor abilities are bugged %50 of the time and do not show on the screen or work. Fix this shit bungie.

Also had a sword lunge go around a corner, the fuck?
Was in a laggy game earlier where someone went into armour lock in the classic T modelling pose :lol

And seriously matchmaking is taking a good 10 minutes this evening, it keeps restarting after it finds 9 of 12 for invasion :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Safe Bet said:
It works perfectly.

Please don't mess with it.

All it takes to keep from getting booted is two things...

1. Don't throw frags at your teammates while they are in a gunfight hoping for an easy kill.

2. Apologize when/if you do.

Even if I don't betray people, people on my team booting for what was clearly an accident just puts you down a guy and will screw the match over a lot more.

I don't see how it works perfectly when legit griefers can still shoot your shields off, damage your health, and get away free as long as they don't kill. What are you going to do about it? Kill them so they can boot you? :lol

It's an immensely frustrating system that punishes legit player mistakes far more than douchebags. Also, most people boot IMMEDIATELY after a betrayal, even if you do apologize.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
DcLevartho said:
What about suiciders who bring a team down nineteen points by going into a corner and throwing nades at themselves?

Also douchebags like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehMsDGDWN4

I really hope modding hasn't taken up this quickly, and that this persons claims are false (offline games perhaps?)

I had a guy like that in a game yesterday. Along with his partymate he kept suiciding and shooting or shields down. He has about 400 ranking average in arena and had the horrendous gamertag CHILDPQRN FTW. Hope that guy and his teammate get banned.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I forgot who runs the first GAF tag. Is it finjitzu?

Also, the Halo 3 thread had 100k posts before it was killed(rip), this thread will have like 7 OT's.

FourDoor

Nils said:
I had a guy like that in a game yesterday. Along with his partymate he kept suiciding and shooting or shields down. He has about 400 ranking average in arena and had the horrendous gamertag CHILDPQRN FTW. Hope that guy and his teammate get banned.

File a complaint against his GT. With a GT like that, he will be banned a lot faster than waiting for him to get weeded out from matchmaking.

FourDoor

Tashi0106 said:
I forgot who runs the first GAF tag. Is it finjitzu?

Also, the Halo 3 thread had 100k posts before it was killed(rip), this thread will have like 7 OT's.

Yeah fin ran the Original GAF tag which I still use.

Do these community gamertags need XBL Gold to keep functioning?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
FourDoor said:
Yeah fin ran the Original GAF tag which I still use.

Do these community gamertags need XBL Gold to keep functioning?
Ahh i thought so. And no these community tags are silver.

Striker

Deputy Moonman said:
I'm done with this game. Fuck Reach and good riddance.
:lol :lol

timmytheman123 said:
Spawning in pinnacle is fucking awful, especially in swat
SWAT generally hasn't had good spawns - it's a gametype that requires precise spawning within cover. It hasn't been since Halo 2.

ManCannon said:
There's always room on the EuroHaloGAF tag. :lol

FourDoor said:
File a complaint against his GT. With a GT like that, he will be banned a lot faster than waiting for him to get weeded out from matchmaking.
How do you file a complaint again? I've run into the same issue with a guy from my last firefight game, xXxomenxXx210. He just kept running around trying to pop my brother's shields. I gave him negative feedback already.

Had to keep my brother from killing him and getting us both booted from the match.

GhaleonEB

How does one get in on this "GAF Customs" action?
Step 1: add GAFers to your Friend list.

Step 2: check the Active Roster when you fire up Reach to see if anyone is playing customs.

Step 3: I am not certain what this step is for.

Step 4: Join them. Especially if it's Saturday night at say, 6:00 pm Pacific time.

Raide said:
Secret handshakes and stuff.
Fuck that. I want in on this.

EDIT: Oh, Saturday night. A night I have to work. :mad:

GhaleonEB said:
Step 1: add GAFers to your Friend list.

Step 2: check the Active Roster when you fire up Reach to see if anyone is playing customs.

Step 3: I am not certain what this step is for.

Step 4: Join them. Especially if it's Saturday night at say, 6:00 pm Pacific time.
I just added you. SYSTEM Turn A is my GT.

chess

I have 70 openings(everyone I knew quit gaming and/or Halo) on my FL if any GAF'ers would like to add me. I don't get to play as much as I would like, busy family, but I'd definitely get on more if I had more GAF'ers to play with.

pick me

GhaleonEB

I just added you. SYSTEM Turn A is my GT.
I will accept your invitation to be internet friends. Anytime I'm online and my party isn't locked off - which means I'm playing with my daughter or doing some serious design work in Forge - feel free to jump in.

Shoogoo said:
100 post per page and you're good. congrats!
Unless you own an iPad and somebody has the gall to start posting some pix. Browser asplosion FTL. Had to cancel my GAF Pro account to compensate.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ugh, Firefight is so laggy for me.

ODST Firefight used to be terribly laggy but a few months ago I switched routers and god my NAT open and it ran great. Using the same setup Reach Firefight is very laggy.

Connection:

4 down, 3 up should be fine to play on. I am confused.

ElRenoRaven

ultron87 said:
Using it on a boosting Ghost attempting to run you over is my favorite thing ever. They explode so nice.

Yes it is. Also even against those that do. They keep shooting to keep your shields down in it but I wait till they run out. Then I release and run or jump down to another level before they can finish reloading.

feel

Just had a sweet bonding moment with a total stranger, in the form of cooperative teabagging after I saved his ass from getting assassinated, it filled my heart with joy, I just love this game.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3604036

ManCannon said:
Hopefully the playlist update will have a pretty big impact on quitting. For now it's tough to just start swinging that hammer harder because the playlists need to be massaged so people aren't inclined to have to quit as much. Unfortunately there's zero chance of some kind of join-in-progress patch functionality.

I've only quit two or three games ever - just because I was browsing stats and Score Attack restarted but I've endured every shitty team game of SWAT I've been stuck in and it's taken every bit of resolve to not bail out.. I even finished an entire Invasion round down 4 teammates.. :( (guess when they didn't get their shut-out achievement they just bailed)

Quitting won't go away entirely but the situation will definitely improve... First, fix some of the bigger playlist issues, then update the quitter system to be a more effective deterrent. The Betrayal system is under review as well and may still be able to get tweaked in time for the October update.
And I love you too.

PsychoRaven said:
Dear god I have been converted. I started playing around with armor lock today. I have saved my ass so many times with it that I am a believer in it now.

All hail armor lock.
And armor lock too. Rejection medals are so nice. :) After being one of those people that always used Sprint in the beta, now I never use Sprint when give the option, I just choose one of the other AAs (except Camo, that one's just annoying for everyone involved), or I feel like I'm missing out on some fun.

- Sorry about all the game invites I've been ignoring, my connection is too shit right now and I don't wanna bother anyone with it until it's fixed. -

Magni

Why hello there new thread :D

Won't be able to do the daily challenges today finally, it's 11:40pm and I still have a shitload of electronics hw for tomorrow.. as for the weekly challenge, since I'm headed back to Paris for the weekend I'll go through it on local co-op with my brother :D Local co-op > XBL co-op :p

Unfortunate timing with page 50.

In other news, the Hemorage remake looks good... Though I think Banshee and Falcon is a bit overkill :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom