• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Microsoft has laid off their DEI team, shutting down diversity division

Status
Not open for further replies.

samoilaaa

Boeing:
Tell me how it went for them and their planes dropping from sky

Secret Service and Policd in US in general:

Also, chatgpt info:
  • Microsoft - Announced initiatives to increase representation and inclusion of underrepresented minorities within the company.
  • Google - Committed to DEI goals, including increasing the hiring of underrepresented groups.
  • Facebook - Implemented strategies to enhance diversity within its workforce.
  • Apple - Focused on increasing diversity and inclusion in hiring practices.
  • Salesforce - Launched programs to improve diversity and inclusion across all levels of the company.
  • IBM - Emphasized hiring practices that support diversity and inclusion
dont argue with these kind of people , you cant win and you will waste alot of your energy for nothing

dDoc

praise thank you GIF

DEI getting shut down across all industries would be awesome. Bring it on!

Disney will be their last fortress.

A pity that so many entertainment products have been/will be affected till this cancer is destroyed.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
dont argue with these kind of people , you cant win and you will waste alot of your energy for nothing

orrrrrrrrr...you can't prove this actually occurred lol

All you guys have is someone is hiring and wants more diversity.....i've never stated someone isn't hiring this way, simply no one here has provided even 1 person that was hired that had like zero experience, no skills and the company was like 'hire them regardless" or anything weird like that.

Clearly its because this exact thing many are exaggerating is merely an assumption they have or a belief and not actually some solid fact with any evidence to support or anything.

So yea, you can't "argue" with just a fucking assumption man, I might actually want real proof =)

Fess

Insomniac in full depression mode if Sony follows suit...That studio is a walking disaster of DEI garbage.
There would likely be wide-spread celebrations and we would hear stories of how bad things were and that everybody hated it but didn’t dare to speak up.

As usual I guarantee it’s just a small minority of manipulative people that makes a big majority stay quiet. I refuse to believe normal people are willingly aligning with that group of toxic people. The group just knows how to control people, you know you can’t say what you want to say, they gang up on you instantly and can literally ruin your life if they find your opinion wrong enough on their political spectrum.

Bernardougf

All that means you have a way a building an assumption, that doesn't really prove much though...

smh, I don't care man. You seem waaaaay too triggered from the jump and don't seem like you are looking to have any real conversation.

I don't fucking care about any of the "DEI" shit and don't care about any of the "woke" shit either, stop making it sound like NOT attacking one side magically means you must support the other.

Both of you need help btw lol

Added to that ignore.

(you go do culture war things bud, have fun =)
Buddy you can have any opinion you want and you obviously have one in this subject... you should just drop the "I dont care" act... you clearly do and you are not fooling anyone but yourself.

Here's a hint.. people that dont care about said subject dont engage regularly in a thread about it, dont antagonize with wall posts, dont keep asking for receipts and sure enough dont ignore other users.

So you do care and a lot ... but go on... keep the good fight.. is your right.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Reading this it sounds like the DEI team perpetrated the discrimination, harassment, and toxicity while the big boys in the executive leadership saw what was happening and pulled the plug because it was going to turn in to a litigious shitshow.
That sentence does read like that, which is bad writing because the article goes on to make it clear that the DEI division were the victims of said harassment, not the perpetrators.

Last edited:

BlackTron

At one point we were a society that didn't hire based on race, but we shifted back to it. I would like to go back to merit based systems.
when was that?

To even ask when this was happening makes you wonder whether someone was even alive two decades ago. A lot of you probably weren't. Believe it or not, yes, in this culture we used to hire based on skills.

That’s because it doesn’t happen. When you employ people solely based on race/gender and whatever the long list of DEI “identity” bs or whatever the fuck they push down humanities throats, and not simply who is the most qualified for ANY job or career, the overall standards are lower so goes production, so no, if you hire less qualified people simply based on some DEI metric, you will not get the best out of your company production wise or profit wise.

Squashing racism means giving every individual an equal chance. Not hiring based on race to ensure you have the correct number of each one. Hiring based on race is the definition of racism lol.

Ok, but who is doing that? Like, have we ever even seen a company flat out say they will ONLY hire based on that and ignore all other skills or something?
The deepest of lolz, sir, you don't even know if MS really stopped doing anything, if folks are worried about this whole "DEI" thing and the goal was to subliminally place it in work, it would make sense to PUBLICALLY "shut down" said team while literally continuing that work.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt" -Abraham Lincoln

REDRZA MWS

To even ask when this was happening makes you wonder whether someone was even alive two decades ago. A lot of you probably weren't. Believe it or not, yes, in this culture we used to hire based on skills.

Squashing racism means giving every individual an equal chance. Not hiring based on race to ensure you have the correct number of each one. Hiring based on race is the definition of racism lol.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt" -Abraham Lincoln
I’m all for giving anyone and everyone and equal chance. It’s called a hiring process. And after that entire resume, interview, testing, experience, background etc, the person out of all your candidates must be chosen by merit. The best. Most experienced, knowledgeable and qualified people need to be hired BEFORE any DEI candidate because they fill that company/city/political agenda.

Tbis is t about what you are, it’s about who is the most qualified for this job?

So no, squashing racism is much better from helping the minority youth to get educations in shit that matter like math and science and not gender fucking identity or DEI bullshit in schools too. ALL American kids are. Brainwashed with an agenda instead if giving ALL kids the education and opportunity to help us all exceed and actually be qualified for a job. Handing unqualified people jobs to meet your DEI hiring quota is t good for anybody.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I’m all for giving anyone and everyone and equal chance. It’s called a hiring process. And after that entire resume, interview, testing, experience, background etc, the person out of all your candidates must be chosen by merit. The best. Most experienced, knowledgeable and qualified people need to be hired BEFORE any DEI candidate because they fill that company/city/political agenda.

Tbis is t about what you are, it’s about who is the most qualified for this job?

Indeed. To be sure, I was just agreeing with you to begin with. Have an equal chance to show your skill regardless of attributes. We have laws about being denied based on gender, race etc. The thing is if you hire one person based on one of those attributes, it means someone else was denied it because they didn't fit it. In other words the law was actually broken, just not really because it applies differently depending on where your race fits in the oppressed vs oppressor group theory.

REDRZA MWS

All that means you have a way a building an assumption, that doesn't really prove much though...

smh, I don't care man. You seem waaaaay too triggered from the jump and don't seem like you are looking to have any real conversation.

I don't fucking care about any of the "DEI" shit and don't care about any of the "woke" shit either, stop making it sound like NOT attacking one side magically means you must support the other.

Both of you need help btw lol

Added to that ignore.

(you go do culture war things bud, have fun =)
Nah, lmao. You don’t know me man, at all. You are a random sheep who cannot think for himself. You keep saying you don’t care (that’s your entire problem, if you don’t care about a certain issue then stfu). Also, once again deflection too (typical tactic of cancel culture nonsense for those who can’t even support their opinion) by arbitrarily throwing out that “I’m triggered”. Triggered? Omg!! Lmfaaaooo. You think after reading your “I’m not reading g this” and “you are way to triggered” nonsense which has NOTHING to do with the actual discussion, yet you people turn an actual debate or conversation into personal attacks “your triggered” etc LMAO.

You don’t know me, and you do t know shit. That’s all I have to say to you.

makaveli60

Nah, lmao. You don’t know me man, at all. You are a random sheep who cannot think for himself. You keep saying you don’t care (that’s your entire problem, if you don’t care about a certain issue then stfu). Also, once again deflection too (typical tactic of cancel culture nonsense for those who can’t even support their opinion) by arbitrarily throwing out that “I’m triggered”. Triggered? Omg!! Lmfaaaooo. You think after reading your “I’m not reading g this” and “you are way to triggered” nonsense which has NOTHING to do with the actual discussion, yet you people turn an actual debate or conversation into personal attacks “your triggered” etc LMAO.

You don’t know me, and you do t know shit. That’s all I have to say to you.
Just a tip for you and everyone else about this troll. Don’t engage with it, it just wants to make you mad with its bullshit, throw around laughing emojis for everything like a kid, then it tells you that it put you on ignore yet will reappear in the future again with laughing emojis on your posts. Its a sad being who would need help.

ok....where in any of that is it saying they are hiring anyone solely based on that regardless of skill though? As in ANYONE that fits the demographic regardless or something?

So...understand I'm not debating a company is looking to hire more diverse people, where are you getting that anyone of them have ever even admitted they will hire this even unqualified, zero skills, just based on race alone?

Read my comment again.. "ONLY hire based on that and ignore all other skills" Who exactly is hiring JUST based on that though?

These two criteria (meritocracy and inclusion) are not compatible. You choose one or the other, there's no in-between.

It's not about having an "ok" professional but THE BEST for the position. In jobs that demand top-of-the-class skills, there's no other criteria than meritocracy. Everything else is borderline criminal. You can't have "ok graduates" as surgeons or pilots. That's insanity. Would you put your life on the line because the company didn't hire the best professional?

PeteBull

Gold Member
Yup, bury your head in the sand. People like you cannot have a conversation of debate. When you get called out on your opinion, you stfu and take your ball home. Yeah, that’s going to solve anything, or anything positive or productive in the course of discourse.

Must be nice to be narrow minded, not listen or “read”. Wish I could put my head in the sand but nah, that ain’t me. Nice response.
No point to talk/convince him bro, even woke soyboy like that guy can post his pure bs here on gaf, but guess what what would happen if any of us normal sane ppl posted anything on that nazist(actual nazist, coz cenzored af) resetera forum- imediate ban :)

He is one of those guys that screams "different lighting" or "wrong angle" when we show them how alloy or mary jane got changed from first game to a sequel.

Braag

When you bring racism, you bring divide.
There is no fucking reason to have a diversity team. That is just plain racism. You aren't bringing people for their skills, but for their color skins.

I will be pissed off, if my company uses me as a black token to fill out their diversity quote.
I've been with the company I work for, for 8 years. Well before this whole DEI craze. If I was found out I was hired because I'm darker skinned rather than because of my skill set, it would totally ruin my confidence to do my job.

Sentenza

There is an easy way to prove those accusations. Check out some of their profiles: studies, work background, and roles.

Diversity hires are useless in core business positions so the company creates ad-hoc departments with ethereal objectives. Before the word DEI became trendy, this existed as Social Corporate Responsibility. If you work for a big company, these are the guys that send you spam emails you send to the trash bin and during the peak hours they come to your desk to ask you if you read their email (always "very important" in the subject). They annoy the fuck out of everybody. This was before adding the racial and gender angle, which makes it even worse, because the people involved in those matters are usually crazy, besides lazy.

It's a rotten business culture that impacts negatively in all fronts.
Someone who actually worked with these people vs someone writing fanfictions about how he imagines he would "feel good" and make the world better:

6sslrP1.jpeg

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Someone who actually worked with these people vs someone writing fanfictions about how he imagines he would "feel good" and make the world better:

6sslrP1.jpeg
The premise of the poster can only be valid if they hired by merit first and then implemented the policies in the every day work life as a form of activities and incentives to bind everyone together as a group.

But you can have the most fun and marry band together... if your hired a bunch of not so qualified workers because of REASONS no amount of happy faces will get your production up.

Last edited:

6sslrP1.jpeg
"DEI boosts morale" - Yeah it doesnt, very often, it creates conflict, people realize some positions in higher roles arent because they are qualified to do them, but to fill quotas.

"DEI helps hiring more diverse people" - Diversity comes from different cultures, not different color of skin or sexual preference. If companies really wanted to be diverse, they'd hire people from other countries and cultures. Having 10 white people from NY and 10 black people from NY isnt diversity.

This dude has no idea what he's talking about, these problems get bigger and bigger if the company is large. They are following the money and their shareholders, just like they followed DEI when it became at thing, but now the hype is dying and results need to be shown.

Having said this, they fired 1 team, not the whole department.

Last edited:
I think somebody has looked at the numbers and for sure found a correlation between the amount of DEI in entertainment products and how much those products underperformed compared to expectations

The entire DEI push in corporate America was almost entirely down to several McKinsey "studies" that claimed that companies with diverse executive leadership somehow made more profit than ones with that. It doesn't, but McKinsey has enough of a brand name in corporate America that the braindead executives that run most American companies leapt for the opportunity to signal virtue while claiming to their shareholders that it was good for the bottom line.

DaGwaphics

I'm not a DEI boogyman guy at all, but I will say I'm not that fond of the melting pot theory from an artistic perspective. Just because if all the major studios become melting pots creatively, they all become so similar to each other. Where a team that does lean one way or another organicly is going to bring their perspective to whatever project they work on and that will ad uniqueness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom