• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
This is Trump equivalent to Pizzagate. Don't be stupid guys.

Pizzagate was the product of some voat/pol memelords.

This is an actual report brought to the highest office of the United States by the intelligence community.

I'd say there's some difference in scope and actors.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
This is Trump equivalent to Pizzagate. Don't be stupid guys.

All you do is replace Hilary with Trump, MI6 with 4chan, FBI with subreddit, and conspiracy theory with election tampering.

Where did pizzagate start again? Oh buzzfeed that's right.

I must have missed when buzzfeed became a reliable news source but of course it is NOW because this HAS to be true right?

#confirmationbias.

Good thing this didn't start from buzzfeed.

Why are people so eager to dismiss this?

Fularu

Banned
So organization is hired by dems and Anti trump repubs to look closely for skeletons in closet trump

Huge issues are found by ex mi6 guy who is so disturbed he hands the info independently to FBI station office and later, perhaps because not enough was done, he hands it to McCain who immediately also passes it to FBI

Why didn't the clients who paid for this report actually get to use any of it? Like why didn't they bring it up during the campaign was it just too bad they didn't even know what to do with it? I mean it's the motherlode, and what they paid for.
Why just hand it to the FBI And watch as the FBI sits on it but find some reason to shaft Hillary in public again?
What is going on!!
Afaik the report contains no evidences and only second hand reports.

On those grounds (because you know, you have to prove something when accusing someone, you can't just rely on unsubstanciated claims made by a paid third party) they would have to investigate in order to see if there's any truth to it (and to which extent).

rec0ded1

If they were briefed in the same room, at the same time, was Obama all

TDL5LEQ.gif

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

I must have missed when buzzfeed became a reliable news source but of course it is NOW because this HAS to be true right?

#confirmationbias.
This isnt a buzzfeed story, CNN was the first to report this story. Buzzfeed released a report said to be the one the CNN had received.

jelly

Wouldn't Trump be threatening to sue at this point If they were lies?

He couldn't let stuff like that slide if false.

I will be disappointed if Trump gets to become President and people aren't in jail for this if they get down to the bottom of it.

It's dangerous and frankly embarrassing for America to let this go through.

MUnited83

For you.

#confirmationbias.
Good thing it didn't start on buzzfeed then.

#notbeingabletoreadisabitch

jelly

If they were briefed in the same room, at the same time, was Obama all

TDL5LEQ.gif

I do wonder if Obama and his team were looking to see how Trump would react to get a little authenticity to it by reading his reactions and what he did after it. They'll have eyes on his team.

Jobbs

Banned
It's dangerous and frankly embarrassing for America to let this go through.

I think we're very well past the point of dangerous and embarrassing.

I'd love to be wrong but I just don't think this ultimately matters. The GOP and its base won't care.

Afaik the report contains no evidences and only second hand reports.

On those grounds (because you know, you have to prove something when accusing someone, you can't just rely on unsubstanciated claims made by a paid third party) they would have to investigate in order to see if there's any truth to it (and to which extent).

Which is why this reactionary deflection and dismissal from his supporters is especially concerning. Let the proper authorities investigate it and then we'll know one way or another.

Grug

#confirmationbias.

Dude, Buzzfeed didn't report anything here - they just leaked the same document that other journalists are also in possession of.

If you genuinely think this is comparable to Pizzagate then yes... confirmation bias indeed.

By an unverified intelligence source, which means it has been published as fact without proof, for all we know a 15 year old could have whipped this up in their moms basement over a weekend.

He and that 400 pound hacker have been pretty busy running the world lately. At least read the damn background to the story before spouting off. It's from a former MI6 member.

By an unverified intelligence source, which means it has been published as fact without proof, for all we know a 15 year old could have whipped this up in their moms basement over a weekend.

Doubling down I see. Nice.

Why not just admit you didn't actually read anything and rushed in here to try to appear superior?

Fularu

Banned
Which is why this reactionary deflection and dismissal from his supporters is especially concerning. Let the proper authorities investigate it and then we'll know one way or another.

The same can be said for people askign for his impeachment in light of the report.

While some of it is probably true and should be acted upon, the focus on golden showers (I'm not into it but so what? seriously?) is really puzzling

Oersted

The same can be said for people askign for his impeachment in light of the report.

While some of it is probably true and should be acted upon, the focus on golden showers (I'm not into it but so what? seriously?) is really puzzling

He let hookers pee on a matress because Obama slept there.

Read dude.

MUnited83

For you.
It wasn't published as fact, it was published as the docunent that being passed around through several intelligence agencies.
CNN are hardly a reliable news source either, haven't they been proven time and time again over the last few months to leak absurd lies that have had no reputable sources and have been debunked?
Iwannaseethereceipts.gif

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
The intelligence was gathered by a former MI6 agent, which US intelligence officials consider a credible and dilligent source. They are also investigating these allegstions and have informed Trump and President Obama of it.

How are you equating this to something a 15 year old has whipped up?

Fularu

Banned
He and that 400 pound hacker have been pretty busy running the world lately. At least read the damn background to the story before spouting off. It's from a former MI6 member.

This is no different than any report written by a former CIA member. Why would this one (which provides no evidences, just hearsay) be better?

Im merely saying that the "Former MI6 member" shouldn't be a free pass card knowing who commandited the report in the first place (#NeverTrump people within the GOP right?)

He let hookers pee on a matress because Obama slept there.

Read dude.

So what? That's at worst childish. That's like, the least of your worries if 10% of the report is true

Grug

There has been no proof of that whatsoever, it's claimed it is former MI6, I just find it rather hilarious that for everything else people want "receipts" but I am failing to see the evidence here.

Hmm, who to believe... Carl Bernstein or this random Trumpkin...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You are boring.

faisal233

This is no different than any report written by a former CIA member. Why would this one (which provides no evidences, just hearsay) be better?

Im merely saying that the "Former MI6 member" shouldn't be a free pass card knowing who commandited the report in the first place (#NeverTrump people within the GOP right?)

Because it was credible enough to be briefed to both Obama and Trump?

Oersted

The intelligence was gathered by a former MI6 agent, which US intelligence officials consider a credible and dilligent source. They are also investigating these allegstions and have informed Trump and President Obama of it.

Maybe he is just projecting. Maybe is Philosophy the 15 year old.

DrBo42

There has been no proof of that whatsoever, it's claimed it is former MI6, I just find it rather hilarious that for everything else people want "receipts" but I am failing to see the evidence here.

The sources have been vetted. The former MI6 individual has given credible intel in the past. They're now reviewing the validity of the events/info in the report provided by said credible source. Not hard to follow.

Chumley

Banned

So Carl Bernstein lied on national television. That's your stance.

MUnited83

For you.

MI6 hires a lot of 15 year olds, don't you know?

Fularu

Banned
Because it was credible enough to be briefed to both Obama and Trump?

Of course they should be briefed. This is a damaging piece about to go out int he wild. Not briefing them/preparing them would be sheer stupidity. That doesn't mean they believe everything in it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom