• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Trump - attacks the federal intelligence agencies who compiled all this information, attacks the news messengers, and threatens to violate a reporter's 1st amendment rights.

While also refusing to transfer his businesses to a blind trust.

He also shit all over Mexico again and happily awaits Obamacare's implosion.

Great start to the next Presidency!

The intelligence agencies did not prepare this report. This was prepared by a third party paid to do Oppo research.

There is a large difference between the two.

MIMIC

Banned
So is this pee stuff legitimate? Has there been any update on the veracity of these claims? My mom's asking me if I've heard that Russia has compromising stuff on Trump, and I didn't want to go, "Well yeah they have tapes of him watching women piss all over each other." >_<

But I did tell her to go to Buzzfeed for more info.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Regarding Jeb's SuperPAC, of course they didn't get these documents. The dates on them are from after the primaries.

Someone on Jeb's team could have initiated the request for intelligence, but it never got done in time. The private security firm could have shopped it to the Democrats after that.

Except that the Jeb! SuperPAC is saying they never initiated this request to this intelligence firm - they don't even know the guy (and he's the co-president of the company), which they would know if they were paying him to do oppo research.

If feel like this piss stuff is going to save his ass.

Thats what people cling to and when its debunked the whole thing is bogus in they eyes of the public.

Syder

Can we talk about people making gifs because this is getting fantastic.

giphy.gif

Daily Show has one with the water spraying his plane turned yellow too
Brilliant.

Nafai1123

Banned
The intelligence agencies did not prepare this report. This was prepared by a third party paid to do Oppo research.

There is a large difference between the two.

And the scary part is Trump does not even know the difference. He honestly thinks the IC leaked this report to the media, when it's been in their possession for months. So naturally he attacks them for leaking information they didn't even prepare and compares them to Nazi Germany.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Did bush-league Buzzfeed jump the gun on this and significantly dull the revelatory political impact of the report?

Goddamn it buzzfeed, stick to your listicles.

Ponn

Banned
I get that people are saying the whole #goldenshowers is the weak part and shouldn't be focused on. Honestly the people that matter to do anything about this, I don't see them focusing on that part anyways, they know what to go after. As for the public I say the right thing is happening right now for the public TO focus on that part and to continue to blast Trump with everything they got, every joke, every meme, every gif they can. It's making him pissed off and making him unstable and getting under his thin skin. It makes him weak and open to mistakes and to say the wrong things.

Dr.Acula

Banned
How is it that inaccuracies in some aspects of this report sink the whole thing, yet that pizza place doesn't have a basement and there are people who are still suspect about that thing?

So if it's mud it all sticks to the Dems but always washes off the GoP? What's the point then?

opoth

Banned
Can you blame Jeb! for disavowing any knowledge of this? It seems that what started off as opposition research turned into something much more...interesting.

mo60

If feel like this piss stuff is going to save his ass.

Thats what people cling to and when its debunked the whole thing is bogus in they eyes of the public.

Golden shower bit won't matter in the long run. More damaging and credible stuff linking trump to Russia may eventually leak.

riotous

Banned
Did bush-league Buzzfeed jump the gun on this and significantly dull the revelatory political impact of the report?

If Trump committed treason then he's sunk; if Trump didn't commit treason then why should there really be an impact in the first place?

The important issue here is figuring out what the fuck is going on with the Russia connection; if it's nothing then so be it, this is big enough and fishy enough to investigate, and it's a good thing that the public eye was focused on this before Trump takes office and could secretly bury it.

Zereta

In an episode of NYT's The Run-Up last year, one of their reporters mentioned on the podcast that there was a big story that they just couldn't get verification on and didn't run.

Wonder if this was the story.

Hari Seldon

Golden shower bit won't matter in the log run. More damaging and credible stuff linking trump to Russia may eventually leak.

The golden shower matters in getting everyone to know about this story. If this was just more Trump/Putin allegations about deals and whatnot, the "mainstream" would not give two fucks about it.

antonz

If anything Buzzfeed is lighting a fire under a lot of asses right now. The fact The Intel Community felt it was good enough material to brief the top positions in Government indicates there is serious belief behind what's reported.

pestul

I'm guessing their editors decided to take a calculated risk that more information would come forward very soon after releasing it. And this might be it. I really cannot see any video or audio ever being released.

I mean if the IC can confirm that all the key players are where the report implied they should be in the right time frames I guess that would be damning. It wouldn't be enough evidence to prove the claims though.

Golden shower bit won't matter in the log run. More damaging and credible stuff linking trump to Russia may eventually leak.
It gives the story an interesting stand out fact though, although it can also be used by trump. He got a laugh out of "plus I'm a total germaphobe" at the press conference.

Caja 117

That's the probably the intent.

Everyone is talking about golden showers not possible treason.

Personally I feel that nothing will come out of this and a lot of people must feel the same, So, why bother? at least we can have some laugh about this.... I know I sound defeated, but I have lost any hope.

Boke1879

Who needs facts? Liberals are in their own bubble.

and conservatives and those who voted for Trump aren't?

Also again this was presented BY intelligence officials. Sure they need to verify but clearly they felt there was enough in there to report to the President and Trump. THOSE are the facts.

Mully

I think so, but CNN (say what you will about their news analysis, they're still an extremely credible news organization). I don't blame Buzzfeed since it seems like information of this type has been quietly spread through the media back channels for months.

One Politico reporter has been kinda hinting at this for about a month now; in fact on an NPR show he mentioned about Trump's time in Russia during the Miss Universe contest there and how the FSB may have gotten something on him while he was there.

I'm on the train right now, but I'll try to dig up the radio report when I got home.

Liha

Banned
Honestly, are conservatives also not in their own bubble?

They don't have a monopoly on America.

I'm just saying, there are so many things that are wrong and bad with him, but people are wasting their time and effort on such nonsense.

and conservatives and those who voted for Trump aren't?

Also again this was presented BY intelligence officials. Sure they need to verify but clearly they felt there was enough in there to report to the President and Trump. THOSE are the facts.

They had to tell them about that "story", it's their fucking job. That story will have two possible endings:

1. The intelligence officials presented the truth
2. The intelligence officials presented fake news created by a former employee

Honestly, are conservatives also not in their own bubble?

They don't have a monopoly on America.

Conservatives/Republicans created what is now known as the information bubble in America. The news companies in the mainstream media sought to copy Fox's formula when they saw how good for business it was to put a vapid political spin on news being reported and just to straight up pander to your audience's political whims.

Journalistic integrity be damned.

Zereta

Everyone associated with this, its in their best interest to play the fool and be like "I don't know what's even happening haha."

If I were Jeb!, his SuperPac or anyone who even knew anything about this, I would never publicly verify this. It just gives ammunition to the accused to defend themselves and go "It's lies created by opponents to smear me!"

We've already seen this happening. Kellyann Conway and Trump and several others have latched onto the mention of the investigation being further funded by a Democrat to spin this as fake stuff created to smear.

If all this is verified and action is taken, eventually, we will know publicly how some of this went down. Then they get their moment in the sun.

Its unfortunate that WSJ doxed the MI6 Operative. But with that name, further investigation can be done. Granted, that name has probably been known for a while. But these things take some time.

If this is all true, it'll come out. Eventually. Maybe Trump will do something that will get someone to talk.
The Intelligence community knows what's at stake here, not just for the country but for themselves. Journalists know what's at stake here. If we're still talking about this, if they're still talking about this... Something's there.

Afrodium

Banned
It's completely irrelevant if the piss stuff is debunked and the public moves on. The US intelligence community will look into many of the other claims in this report and will act if they find a smoking gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom