• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am close to someone who used to be in a really senior position in the CIA, says this document looks exactly like a typical 'field memo' an MI6 agent might produce, and is almost definitely authentic. small errors in spelling/exact places/ names are common in such documents, however. the intention from the IC would've then been to corroborate this information.

Would be the perfect ending if Edward Snowden released the audio and video of Trump when he was in Russia, he is there for a reason. This is his destiny

Raven117

I am close to someone who used to be in a really senior position in the CIA, says this document looks exactly like a typical 'field memo' an MI6 agent might produce, and is almost definitely authentic. Errors in spelling/exact places/ names are common in such documents, however.

The fact the report was penned by a ex-MI6 guy is not really in question.

What is in question is how reliable...how credible...is it actually true.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Including Cohen being in Prague?

As a user above said, it was already pointed out as potentially false, even still there was a michael cohen of the same age in prague at that time.

Now if you take this in to consideration, the rest of the report may actually gain legitimacy if it is already able to point out exactly what parts of it may be wrong.

Durden77

Shit is getting way too confusing and is coming from too many angles. If nothing concrete comes soon this will eventually play right into Trump's hand and will just make his broom he uses to sweep shit under the rug even stronger.

Nafai1123

Banned
I don't remember journalistic integrity being an issue when every media source known to man was reporting on unverified emails released by the Russian government. Is WikiLeaks held in higher regard than intel from former British intelligence?

zethren

Banned
Shit is getting way too confusing and is coming from too many angles. If nothing is concrete comes soon this will eventually play right into Trump's hand and will hust make his broom he uses to sweep shit under the rug even stronger.

The entirety of the House will be briefed on the classified information on Friday. That's pretty big.

Boke1879

Shit is getting way too confusing and is coming from too many angles. If nothing concrete comes soon this will eventually play right into Trump's hand and will just make his broom he uses to sweep shit under the rug even stronger.

Nah. This Russian business isn't going away and the longer this stays in the news it doesn't help Trump at all. House intel committee gave the documents to ALL House members.

Shit is going to start leaking out, Possible hearings and Trumps presser this morning didn't help a GOD DAMN thing.

mo60

Ladbrokes (online betting) is now offering almost even odds on Trump impeachment/resignation

CMk2VVx.png

I'm thinking he either gets impeached sometimes in the next four years or so or gets crushed in the next election if he is still president by then.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Nah. This Russian business isn't going away and the longer this stays in the news it doesn't help Trump at all. House intel committee gave the documents to ALL House members.

Shit is going to start leaking out, Possible hearings and Trumps presser this morning didn't help a GOD DAMN thing.

Yeah just need to hope it stays together.

Andersoon Cooper just said they report buzzfeed they have is different. What they have is different sources. They don't even mention buzzfeed.

Conway is speaking to him now. Conway is being Conway a crazy bitch. She keeps mashing buzzfeed and CNN together.

Why is everyone on MSNBC acting like it's debunked

Conway just referenced NBC as well. They might mean the buzzfeed article.

Skatterd

The most interesting thing to me..is that it seems that between September 2010 and October 2010 something changed.

Trump before then had nothing but nice things to say about Obama for the most part. It the immediately changed to birther nonsense, him saying he was thinking about running and the birth of modern day Trump as we know.

What happened?

If we look at the timeline from the OP
6. At one point, Manafort went missing for 3 weeks. Roger Stone joked that he had been kidnapped by the Russians. This is about 2010
7. According to some members of the intelligence community, around the same time, Russia began cultivating Donald Trump as an intel asset
8. Timing, I'm sure, is totally coincidental. Just giving you a sense of where we're at in the history.
9. In 2011, Donald Trump starts the birther movement.

Azzanadra

Just saw this- Jesus, what the fuck did I just read. Nothing scares me more now than the reality that the West will be held hostage by a fucking sex tape. Truly scary times.

sphagnum

Banned
I am close to someone who used to be in a really senior position in the CIA, says this document looks exactly like a typical 'field memo' an MI6 agent might produce, and is almost definitely authentic. small errors in spelling/exact places/ names are common in such documents, however. the intention from the IC would've then been to corroborate this information.

Jeb!

Ac30

Yeah just need to hope it stays together.

Andersoon Cooper just said they report buzzfeed they have is different. What they have is different sources. They don't even mention buzzfeed.

Conway is speaking to him now. Conway is being Conway a crazy bitch. She keeps mashing buzzfeed and CNN together.

Conway just referenced NBC as well. They might mean the buzzfeed article.

BuzzFeed releasing the report was a mistake, it's making it too easy to confuse the public

I don't remember journalistic integrity being an issue when every media source known to man was reporting on unverified emails released by the Russian government. Is WikiLeaks held in higher regard than intel from former British intelligence?
what wikileaks publishes are mostly primary sources, the issue is they have a clear agenda

reporting on what some one else already leaked is apparently seen as different from doing the actual leaking yourself, that's why the floodgates are open now that Buzzfield released the kraken

Impeachment can only come from Congress, which is loaded with the GOP and I really doubt they'll want to do it. Not only is Orange Asshole from their own party, he's the GOP's best Useful Idiot. They can do literally whatever they want, and after his term(s) is/are over they can cart in literally anyone else and they'll seem measured and respectable no matter who it is.

Mr.Mike

Man, Trump has done so much shit without even getting into any of this business. But good that maybe something might finally sink him.

Impeachment can only come from Congress, which is loaded with the GOP and I really doubt they'll want to do it. Not only is Orange Asshole from their own party, he's the GOP's best Useful Idiot. They can do literally whatever they want, and after his term(s) is/are over they can cart in literally anyone else and they'll seem measured and respectable no matter who it is.
Trump is uncontrollable and half his party actively hates him.
Along with all the intelligence agencies, and plenty more

I think you are confused, because the authenticity of those emails was never in question.

Man, Trump has done so much shit without even getting into any of this business. But good that maybe something might finally sink him.

He hasn't even made a decision with actual consequences on Americans, imagine how he reacts to that kind of reporting.

I think you are confused, because the authenticity of those emails was never in question.

Technically, it was never confirmed to be authentic because the people who could confirm it wouldn't comment. It was assumed to be authentic given WL's relatively decent track record.

pswii60

Nope.Some of these allegations will be eventually proven true while trump tries to hide from the allegations. Not even sure if trump will last past four years at this point if any of the allegations become true,
If the allegations are proven to be true, wouldn't that essentially be treason? And why does Trump get to become POTUS when any of us normal folk would 1) not have survived any interview process with this amount of shit on shoulders and 2) be fired instantly if we had any of his legacy of shit on shoulders.

Zereta

So any intel that the President is briefed on is fair game to publish? Do you even realize what you're saying?

My apologies. I missed out that intel briefed to the President that has been circulating amongst the IC and media for months, that's fair game.

But yes, the rest of what I said, I still believe in. If media, high-level politicians and IC knew about this dossier that has been floating around and getting updated for months, a dossier that wasn't officially classified, and then suddenly its deemed credible enough to make it into a presidential brief...

Absolutely, its a journalist's responsibility to let the public know.

I commend Buzzfeed for specifying that yes it was unverified, pointing out typos and that claims could be true or not, that the dossier itself labels certain claims as not as strong as others. Buzzfeed isn't championing the memo as complete truth, its just released it.

And that's the right thing to do. And the right way to do this.

And to be fair, the media itself has been handling it relatively well. (except for MSNBC, who seems to be ignoring every bit of evidence and input besides their own, singular source) Condemning Buzzfeed, however, I cannot get behind.

Zips

if anything ever comes of all this and Trump gets taken out of office, you know he would just instantly flee the country.

The sort of outright treason involved if the report is even half true would disgrace Trump and his whole family. I can't imagine them being welcome in any major city - the public would want to tear him apart. If there were the threat of serious jail time or even execution, Trump would be gone so fast he'd leave a smokey outline. Anyone left of his cronies close enough to be implicated would get eviscerated.

Zereta

That will kill the Republican Party in the next election. Depending on how long they wait to pull the trigger after verifiable evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom