• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkraven

I dont know if anyone really is impartial, but here is one thing:
There will be senate meetings.

Is that possible now the republicans own everything?

If all of it is real, Trump is being black mailed by Russia. And he and his team should be removed right away and tried for treason.

But we don't know at the moment if all of it is real, if parts are or if it is all bullshit. But multiple agencies are taking it seriously and at the very least Trump has some very suspicious ties to Russia. But talk about that has been going around for over a year already and nothing came of it.

Same question. Will that happen when republicans own everything? They've proven in the past that they will put politics above country.

Gutek

If all of it is real, Trump is being black mailed by Russia. And he and his team should be removed right away and tried for treason.

But we don't know at the moment if all of it is real, if parts are or if it is all bullshit. But multiple agencies are taking it seriously and at the very least Trump has some very suspicious ties to Russia. But talk about that has been going around for over a year already and nothing came of it.

Trump himself said that he is in contact with Putin and that Putin is watching him closely.

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/819177036056907780

There's some real discussion going on around the Web that this entire thing is one huge sham. It's completely unverified and the one detail that could be verified turned out to be false (the trip to Europe to meet Russian officials). Looks like CNN, Buzzfeed, McCain, and even some in the CIA might've got trolled HARD. We'll see. I know confirmation bias with Trump/Russia got most of you swallowing up any negative news about both subjects truth be damned, but be cautious with this one.

Read this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...redibility-donald-trump-russia-dossier-author

remist

It is disheartening to see him still around. There needs to be zero tolerance for russian shills.

I am so sick of how they fuck up every topic. The hell are the mods waiting for.
What there needs to be zero tolerance of is paranoid shitposting accusing posters of being shills based on no real evidence.

What there needs to be zero tolerance of is paranoid shitposting accusing posters of being shills based on no real evidence.
Yeah, we should just call them idiots and discredit them that way. I don't like bringing in the word "shill" because it's an alt right tactic.

Kathian

Banned
There's some real discussion going on around the Web that this entire thing is one huge sham. It's completely unverified and the one detail that could be verified turned out to be false (the trip to Europe to meet Russian officials). Looks like CNN, Buzzfeed, McCain, and even some in the CIA might've got trolled HARD. We'll see. I know confirmation bias with Trump/Russia got most of you swallowing up any negative news about both subjects truth be damned, but be cautious with this one.

Where on the web? It was an ex MI6 agents report he is now in hiding. Whether the info is true is up for debate but the fact of who it came from is clear as I'd the fact the US security services declared him credible.

Same question. Will that happen when republicans own everything? They've proven in the past that they will put politics above country.
Nobody can tell. But if there is actual proof somewhere of this, I think they have little choice. Maybe Pence will just take over then. Republicans shouldn't have much of a problem with that.

But well, we need actual proof first. Nothing as far as we know has been actually verified, but the suspicions are very damning and worth taking serious.

Trolled hard by who? We know where this report came from. We (sadly) even have his name. He's a former MI6 agent with an excellent track record.

Why would he give them false information or "troll" them?

Apharmd

Is that possible now the republicans own everything?

The prevailing theory is that they just can't sell high treason to their base and so will be forced to go after Trump.

Oh, and half of Republicans also hate Trump.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So how legit is all this. I've gotten most of my news lately from just browsing on here, since I deleted everything related to politics in my life after the election. Can someone impartial here let me know how legit any of this is? What are the consequences if it is all real?

Unverified so far - but if it ends up being true, it's treason.

Just curious. You have said in the past that you hate Trump and find the entire Republican party repulsive. So shy are you so adamant in defending that this report is false? I'm just curious what your motivations are here? I mean it's not because you think people are out to get Trump because you shouldn't care. Is it because you are offended by what you perceive as bad journalism?

You spent a lot of time in this thread making sure we all know we are fools for believing this report. So why?

Two main motivations:

1. When the mainstream liberal press runs wild with nonsense stories (which they have done repeatedly before this one) based on anonymous sources, bad things happen. Things like this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/27/w...echs-confirm-iraqi-agent-met-with-terror.html

2. The entire class of corporatist, wall st-friendly liberals which Clinton embodies and surrounds herself epicly shit the bed in this election. There's absolutely no excuse for running a close race with Donald Trump. There's no excuse for losing PA, Michigan and Wisconsin. There's no excuse for the various ways the DNC tipped the scales against Bernie Sanders, who ran an unbelievable campaign funded by regular working people. These liberals have to go. They cannot be allowed the keep their jobs. They cannot be allowed to run Corey Booker in 2020 and lose again. This entire Russian story has been a distraction from the beginning. Clinton has never responded to the substance of the wikileaks when questioned. She always pivots to the Russian boogeyman.

I'm not saying that the Russian angle shouldn't be investigated. I'm not even denying that Russia might've been Wikileaks' source. But the extent to which it is dominating US news since November mostly serves to deflect blame from the miserable elite liberals who couldn't beat a reality television star with no government experience who grabs women by the pussy.

rjinaz

You mean 4chan? It's always the same people you'd expect.

RDreamer

I hear there are rumors on the internets

All that says is that the addendum/ summary of his 35 page report was part of a classified briefing. The actual 35 page report isn't classified as it done by a private citizen and has been disseminated to other private citizens prior to it's leak on buzzfeed.

It literally says "confidential" at the top of the report. Why are you doing this?

FWIW, I love Dave Bazan.

Trump himself said that he is in contact with Putin and that Putin is watching him closely.

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/819177036056907780
I had hoped a few months back more would come from this, but it didn't then: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...p_organization_communicating_with_russia.html

The researchers quickly dismissed their initial fear that the logs represented a malware attack. The communication wasn’t the work of bots. The irregular pattern of server lookups actually resembled the pattern of human conversation—conversations that began during office hours in New York and continued during office hours in Moscow. It dawned on the researchers that this wasn’t an attack, but a sustained relationship between a server registered to the Trump Organization and two servers registered to an entity called Alfa Bank.

[..]

Vixie wrote central strands of the DNS code that makes the internet work. After studying the logs, he concluded, “The parties were communicating in a secretive fashion. The operative word is secretive. This is more akin to what criminal syndicates do if they are putting together a project.”

[..]

Lichtblau spoke with the campaign a week later—but shortly after it reached out to Alfa, the Trump domain name in question seemed to suddenly stop working. When the scientists looked up the host, the DNS server returned a fail message, evidence that it no longer functioned.

I think there are enough signs Trump is doing something shady through this all, and I hope the intelligence agencies can either confirm this soon, or confirm it is all bullshit.

Despite the surmounting pile of allegations
Despite the fact that a credible agent gathered said evidence for allegations
Despite the fact that even Republicans are involved
Despite the fact that intelligence communities are taking this incredibly seriously
Despite the fact that Trump has shown time and time again to members of both parties, the common folk and those unaffiliated that he's dangerous
Despite the fact that really a lot of this information is out there and has been out there for some time
Despite that this has been circulating in private and investigated since last year

It's dirty liberals spreading lies because Donald Trump won the election.

And I assume your response will be: "No, no, not delusional, I'm not delusional! You're delusional! #MAGA"?

digdug2k

The guy who brought down FIFA is the main source, major intelligence agencies and Washington officials have been passing around and investigating this stuff for months, Trump was briefed on it on Friday and adamantly lied that he never was.

If it's all real it's for sure treason, but you obviously need some good proof for that.
If its real he, and everyone involved in his campaign, cheated to win the election (and committed treason at the same time). I'm not sure what we do if that happens.

rjinaz

Two main motivations:

1. When the mainstream liberal press runs wild with nonsense stories (which they have done repeatedly before this one) based on anonymous sources, bad things happen. Things like this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/27/w...echs-confirm-iraqi-agent-met-with-terror.html

2. The entire class of corporatist, wall st-friendly liberals which Clinton embodies and surrounds herself epicly shit the bed in this election. There's absolutely no excuse for running a close race with Donald Trump. There's no excuse for losing PA, Michigan and Wisconsin. There's no excuse for the various ways the DNC tipped the scales against Bernie Sanders, who ran an unbelievable campaign funded by regular working people. These liberals have to go. They cannot be allowed the keep their jobs. They cannot be allowed to run Corey Booker in 2020 and lose again. This entire Russian story has been a distraction from the beginning. Clinton has never responded to the substance of the wikileaks when questioned. She always pivots to the Russian boogeyman.

I'm not saying that the Russian angle shouldn't be investigated. I'm not even denying that Russia might've been Wikileaks' source. But the extent to which it is dominating US news since November mostly serves to deflect blame from the miserable elite liberals who couldn't beat a reality television star with no government experience who grabs women by the pussy.

Thanks for answering. So you're angry. And right now you're anger is directed at the Democratic party instead of the party you hate. You don't have any real solutions, you just know the entire party needs to go. That goes for the Republicans as well. Basically in your ideal world everybody would go and both parties would be reset. You don't offer any realistic solutions because you can't, so at this point it's "I'll just watch the parties burn" because it's your only option in your mind. So you hate Trump, but you're going to cheer him on as well.

I'm not too happy with the Democratic party right now myself. There does need to be change but I know the answer to that change is not Donald grab them by the pussy Trump. The Republicans are actively trying to reverse any progress made in this country. They are the enemies here.

Wrong thread for bashing Hilary.

Two main motivations:

The source of the story isn't anonymous - we know the name of the MI6 agent that put the report together.

This has nothing to do with Clinton - stop trying to distract. Make another thread about Clinton if you want to, but don't try to derail this one.

Honest question: Why are you not protesting in the streets?
The IC has to verify the story, and I think it's clear that government agencies are doing that right now. I'm not sure what protesting in the streets would do. I think it's appropriate to give those who have the power to do something their due time.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Funny Trump says Clapper says it's all fake, but if you look at what Clapper actually said, he never said it was fake, just they haven't finished investigating it yet... he just told Trump it didn't originate from US IC, which is 100% true and was posted by CNN where it came from.

Trump just lying again and deflecting again. He's going to be fighting this his whole term and it's going to drive him even more insane as he doesn't have the capacity to take criticism at all.

flkraven

My mom is a crazy right winger, and what I find ironic is that crazy conspiracy nonsense from the Bernie and trump crowds are exactly what helped Trump get elected. It's what many on that side peddled. And now she messages me saying this Russia thing is all conspiracy crap, and suddenly now she cares about 'sources' and whether or not it's verified. I didn't see this level of scrutiny when Benghazi or emails were all the rage.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
My mom is a crazy right winger, and what I find ironic is that crazy conspiracy nonsense from the Bernie and trump crowds are exactly what helped Trump get elected. It's what many on that side peddled. And now she messages me saying this Russia thing is all conspiracy crap, and suddenly now she cares about 'sources' and whether or not it's verified. I didn't see this level of scrutiny when Benghazi or emails were all the rage.

You did say it yourself: she's a crazy right winger.

Kathian

Banned
Funny Trump says Clapper says it's all fake, but if you look at what Clapper actually said, he never said it was fake, just they haven't finished investigating it yet... he just told Trump it didn't originate from US IC, which is 100% true and was posted by CNN where it came from.

Trump just lying again and deflecting again. He's going to be fighting this his whole term and it's going to drive him even more insane as he doesn't have the capacity to take criticism at all.

After that press conference I began to wonder if he'll even serve the full term. Public office does not seem to be for him you know due to the public bit.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Also of note, some of the memos could in fact be bad information, some of this we already know to be bad information... BUT.. and huge BUT.. a lot of the information does go in line with a lot of stuff we DO have basically confirmed by the press as credible in regards to Russia's hacking and releasing to Wikileaks.

So there's a good chance that there's a lot of fire with all the smoke from the memos.. whether that info is 100% true to the name and times.. doubtful.. but there's a lot that will pan out to be true.

jstripes

Banned

Confirmation bias. You don't need verified sources for something you already believe.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dossier which includes allegations from Russians that they have dirt on Trump, I understand? I'm talking about a journalist actually getting their hands on the tape.

The tape is almost impossible to get. The grand prize would be confirming any of what's in the papers, do that and you win.

rjinaz

The Trumpers are now saying that Clapper told Trump is private that this is all fake, and that's what Trump was referring too. In their minds this is dead. At least that's what I was told when I was talking to somebody on facebook. They'll believe anything Trump tells them even though it's been shown he lies, all the time. Can't even be honest about knowing Putin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom