• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't get lumped into anything though lol. MN /= rust belt.

Woke up, saw someone take a jab at the Midwest (which was only partially the case), I threw out some fake news stats about Minnesota, got called on it, owned up to it.

My bad. (Minnesota is still really nice and pulls its own weight)

ZOONAMI

Woke up, saw someone take a jab at the Midwest (which was only partially the case), I threw out some fake news stats about Minnesota, got called on it, owned up to it.

My bad. (Minnesota is still really nice and pulls its own weight)

The main problem with MN is a stark income and home ownership gap between white people and black people, and that Minneapolis is basically set up to segregate the black population on the north side.

From a statewide economic and political perspective as far as national politics and economics go, yes it's a pretty good state. And generally speaking I think the twin cities is a good spot, just needs quite a lot of work on racial and economic equality (most places do).

Minnesotans LOVE Minnesotan things. Including Minnesota.

Very true.

The main problem with MN is a stark income and home ownership gap between white people and black people, and that Minneapolis is basically set up to segregate the black population on the north side.

From a statewide economic and political perspective as far as national politics and economics go, yes it's a pretty good state. And generally speaking I think the twin cities is a good spot, just needs quite a lot of work on racial and economic equality (most places do).

The truest thing said this far on Minnesota. It's a real problem even if people here like to think it's a Liberal Utopia.

GutsOfThor

Why would you assume that? In all likelihood, the investigation will be on going for many months whether something comes of it or not. I dont see the IC holding back to wait to torpedo or save trump for a special date

What's to stop the shitbag and his cronies from putting a stop to the investigation?

Pomerlaw

I know CNN and MSNBC have both talked on air about Trump attacking the press and how dangerous that is. Don Lemon last night was even saying to Jim Acosta that if Trump pulls that shit again, the next journo picked for a question just needs to say "I have the same question as the previous reporter, please answer that." I think in general the media really does know they fucked up big time in regards to emails and Trump and they're trying to figure out where they go from here. Plus, it's not like it will be excruciatingly difficult for the press to go after Trump, he's stupid enough to put plenty of things on a platter for everyone to go after if they're willing.

But they are all fake news except RT!

The longer this goes on the less and less plausible deniability the Republicans have in regards to Trump. I would think it would be in their best interest to cut and run as quickly as possible. Donald Trump isn't gonna last 4 years without some terrible scandal and treason at this point, he's barely made it to inauguration and even that is seeming increasingly in danger, so the question is how closely linked do they want to be with him?

Zereta

Ironic that this is basically Trump's e-mails scandal now. This will haunt him, regardless of what gets verified.

Karma and what not.

Deirdre Walsh ‏@deirdrewalshcnn 52s53 seconds ago
Dem Rep Waters declines Qs about Intel briefing but angrily tells reports "the FBI Director has no credibility" pressed why says "that's it"

https://twitter.com/deirdrewalshcnn/status/819933719951708161

Not sure what that is in reference to. Doesn't sound good if it came from that meeting.
Oh shit.

The house of representatives did have a closed meeting this morning, so probably in reference to that.

Elandyll

Banned
I doubt anyone actually has it. If they did then the Russians fucked up big time.
IF the video exists, my guess is that the Russians were either holding on to it for applied pressure, or were planning to release it post inauguration to humiliate Potus and the US on the global stage.

It is posible though, again IF it exists, that one or more of the Russian hackers/ operatives the Kremlin uses kept copies for themselves and one of them decided it wouldn't hurt to strike a $1m deal and "disappear" in South America somewhere.

Lot's of IFs though.

Xtyle

At this point can't Obama call for the release of the release of Trump's tax return and just say whoever puts it out will be pardoned?

I really want Comey to come down with this whole thing.

At this point can't Obama call for the release of the release of Trump's tax return and just say whoever puts it out will be pardoned?
Obama "can" do a lot of things, but his goal is to prevent the far-right from being able to create conspiracy theory where King Obama attempts to oust Trump and retain power for another 4 years. That means mostly taking a back seat to this situation and letting the intelligence agencies do their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom