• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

By day he's just a regular president elect
But by night he becomes

IMG_1677.jpg

John Schindler has it down. If they can prove Cohen met Russian intelligence in Prague it's over. They can verify this.

The golden shower part might even be fake, part payback against DJT and part to get this story trending. I'm not sure how can they prove this. Not to mention I'd imagine they just outed the few people who would have been there to know this.

do you think they were underage prostitutes too? do we get a double whammy on the trump train

I'm lingering on 'no', since the evidence that could be taken to court - the parts with all the treason - are far more relevant than his kinks (as stereotypically sleazy as they are), and no mention in the dossier seems to hint at pedophillia on top of all that.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm gonna assume this is fake just like I'm going to assume the switch reveal will suck. 2016 was full of disappointments, I'm done with that shit lol

ColdPizza

Banned
I'm lingering on 'no', since the evidence that could be taken to court - the parts with all the treason - are far more relevant than his kinks (as stereotypically sleazy as they are), and no mention in the dossier seems to hint at pedophillia on top of all that.

What's the treason? Didn't read anything outside the golden showers stuff.

Emails reference:

@ruckawriter
I just ADORE all these journalists screaming "unverified!" at the moment. Didn't stop you when it was HRC. Found your ethics a little late

Alienous

I think people are assuming that if it was fake then Trump would post some kind of actual proof that it's fake instead of screaming like a baby and retweeting the front cover of a passport (which says absolutely nothing)

To me it this is the kind of response I'd expect from Trump upon hearing the accusations. A more calculated, detached, non-emotional sharing of proof (an actual attempt at damage control) would have made me believe the accusations more, I think.

Kusagari

Is there any way for the US to easily identify if Cohen went to Prague?

He's already lied about going there. If they can just prove him to be bullshitting about that it's done.

Vena

John Schindler has it down. If they can prove Cohen met Russian intelligence in Prague it's over. They can verify this.

The golden shower part might even be fake, part payback against DJT and part to get this story trending. I'm not sure how can they prove this. Not to mention I'd imagine they just outed the few people who would have been there to know this.

The golden shower report could come from thousands of places with the orchestration. It requires a large number of hookers, their handlers, the hotel staff, and the FSB. I doubt there was any one actually there, in person, to witness this and document it for spy related reasons. Its likely information gleamed through external methods.

PopeReal

Next time I get in trouble with my girlfriend, I am taking a picture of my passport to prove my innocence.

Guaranteed, rock solid, and fool-proof plan.

Your move, girlfriend, Your move.

I think the sensational aspects of this story are almost definitely bull shit. But I Don't doubt that Russia actively worked to try to compromise him, or that the FBI briefed Trump on that.

THe problem for me about the sensational aspects of this story is that if they're proven to be false, manufacturered news, then the rest of the story gets overlooked, and the story gets portrayed as "Liberal media tried to claim Trump paid hookers to piss on Obama's bed." It ends up undermining all future negative reporting on Trump.

Dyle

guys, they're doing a four way race of Super Mario Sunshine right now on AGDQ #wetworks

Seriously though, these attempts at damage control from Trump, Cohen, and Wikileaks are pathetic

RinsFury

This feels like Christmas morning, what a gift from Buzzfeed! If this ends up being the thing that takes that fascist down I'll set them as my homepage for the rest of my life!

Duplolas

Banned
Our future president is fighting for the ability to stay the future president on twitter.

BuzzFeed leaks the actual documents reporting on the issue.

And I am apparently out of touch with the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom