• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumley

Banned
And the other half would incite riots because Trump can do no wrong in their eyes. Also I'm sure the White Nationalists would be a bit pissy their golden god got got.

tumblr_o3w6r1GbJF1u3lvimo1_500.gif

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That long ass tweet chain in text form, since people have asked for it.

1. in light of the fact that we're supposed to be skeptical about the latest #Trump allegations, I want to tell you a story.
2. A long time ago, there was a man named Paul Manafort. Paul Manafort was a GOP operative who exported his political expertise.
3. He and Roger Stone ran what was known in DC as The Torturer's Lobby. They worked with warlords and despots.
4. Paul Manafort even worked closely with Russian oligarchs and kleptocrats with ties to V. Putin.
5. Manafort was one of the operatives who worked in Ukraine to elect a pro-Putin government. This is a verifiable fact.
6. At one point, Manafort went missing for 3 weeks. Roger Stone joked that he had been kidnapped by the Russians. This is about 2010
7. According to some members of the intelligence community, around the same time, Russia began cultivating Donald Trump as an intel asset
8. Timing, I'm sure, is totally coincidental. Just giving you a sense of where we're at in the history.
9. In 2011, Donald Trump starts the birther movement. Remember that whole thing?
10. In 2012, Donald Trump flirts with a run for President, but he doesn't run.
11. At some point, Hillary Rodham Clinton runs afoul of Vladimir Putin. She and Obama both take aggressive stance toward him.
12. Then in 2016, Donald J Trump declares his Presidency. He starts as a long-shot managed by Corey Lewandowski.
13. As Trump grows in prominence, he fires Lewandowski and hires...Paul Manafort. Whose last job was in Ukraine. On behalf of Putin.
14. Paul Manafort, who owned a lobbying firm with Trump confidant Roger Stone.
15. Paul Manafort, who had been kidnapped (presumably) by Russians at one point but survived unharmed.
16. Trump's positions on Russia softened under Manafort (re Ukraine specifically). Manafort's in charge over summer.
17. It comes out that Manafort received 12 millions dollars in an off-books ledger from the pro-Putin party in Ukraine.
18. Wait back up. Before this comes out, the DNC emails are hacked. Wilkileaks releases the hacked emails.
19. Why did Assange do this if it was an intel op by Russia? Possibly for the promise of asylum, but that's speculation on my part.
20. Maybe because he hates Clinton and Obama, but, again, speculating.
21. Regardless, these leaks hurt one party and helped the other.
22. So now Manafort resigns after the Ukraine thing comes out. Trump hires Steve Bannon, ANOTHER one of Stone's friends.
23. Manafort probably keeps advising Trump. Regardless he lives in Trump Tower, so they see each other periodically.
24. Incidentally Roger Stone officially resigned in December 2015. So now Stone and Manafort are unofficial advisors, strictly speaking.
25. Two of Trump's new policy guys are Michael Flynn and Carter Page. Both of whom have ties to Putin and Russia.
26. Galas with Putin, RT dinners, speaking engagements, etc. So Manafort, Flynn, and Page. Remember the names for a bit.
27. Now Wikileaks starts leaking John Podesta's emails. Mostly harmless stuff, but Hillary Clinton and emails is just a bad look.
28. We know they were hacked, we suspect by a state agent, and if you've been paying attention, the answer's pretty clear.
29. So the election happens and Trump wins. Then the intelligence community confirms what most of us knew or suspected.
30. That Putin had launched an intel op specifically to hurt Clinton. Then it came out that he wanted Trump to win.
31. That he was behind the DNC attacks, that he was behind the Podesta hacks, all Putin from the get-go.
32. Curiously PEOTUS refuses to accept the findings of the intel community. Claims it coulda been anybody! Defends Assange. Curious.
33. In response, POTUS Obama kicks out 35 alleged Russian spies posing as diplomats. Pretty big move.
34. The intel community seems pretty certain as to the facts at this point, and Obama is doing stuff he wouldn't do otherwise.
35. So today this new trove of background comes out. BUT IT'S UNVERIFIED. Yeah, so what?
36. What do the documents say? That about 6 years ago (around when Trump started birtherism), they began cultivating him.
37. That they conspired to get leverage over him. That they preferred him to HRC.
38. That they had Russian spies in the US posing as go-betweens.
39. That there was high-level cooperation with Trump's campaign. Via Paul Manafort and Carter Page. Remember them?
40. So we're supposed to SUPER SKEPTICAL about all of this. I mean, I guess so?
41. If you didn't know who Paul Manafort was, or what he did, or who Carter Page was, etc.
42. If you didn't find it odd that Trump's SecState-Elect won the Order of Friendship from Vladimir Putin.
43. If you ignored all of these things, I guess it's healthy to be skeptical about this.
44. I'm not an intelligence professional; I have the benefit of being able to make unqualified claims.
45. I dunno when it started or what the end game was, but Russia wanted Trump and cultivated him for years.
46. Paul Manafort offered Trump the Presidency if he played ball with Putin. That's what Flynn and Carter Page were for.
47. Manafort and Page were the go-betweens. The 35 expelled diplomats were in on it. The IC is clear on exactly how it happened.
48. You can say this is all circumstantial, that Manafort and Putin and Trump and Stone and Page and Flynn all met in a locker room one day.
49. But to me this has been clear as day since Manafort signed up. He was working for Putin on Trump's behalf. Or vice versa.
50. He quit when he became toxic. He didn't GO anywhere.
51. So here we are, a week out from inaugurating a compromised asset of Russian intelligence President of the United States.
52. I don't have some cool conclusion to the story because it's a scary story without a good ending. This is the new reality.
53. Donald Trump appears to be beholden to a foreign power, and now we know the specifics. There's nothing to be skeptical about.
54. This is just filling in the outlines of stuff that people have been saying since last summer. You don't need CIA clearance for this.
55. I dunno who leaked the new info, but very little of it was surprising. And it probably won't matter. Welcome Comrade Trump.

Reformatted for readability.

in light of the fact that we're supposed to be skeptical about the latest #Trump allegations, I want to tell you a story.

A long time ago, there was a man named Paul Manafort. Paul Manafort was a GOP operative who exported his political expertise. He and Roger Stone ran what was known in DC as The Torturer's Lobby. They worked with warlords and despots. Paul Manafort even worked closely with Russian oligarchs and kleptocrats with ties to V. Putin. Manafort was one of the operatives who worked in Ukraine to elect a pro-Putin government. This is a verifiable fact. At one point, Manafort went missing for 3 weeks. Roger Stone joked that he had been kidnapped by the Russians. This is about 2010

According to some members of the intelligence community, around the same time, Russia began cultivating Donald Trump as an intel asset. Timing, I'm sure, is totally coincidental. Just giving you a sense of where we're at in the history.

In 2011, Donald Trump starts the birther movement. Remember that whole thing?

In 2012, Donald Trump flirts with a run for President, but he doesn't run.

At some point, Hillary Rodham Clinton runs afoul of Vladimir Putin. She and Obama both take aggressive stance toward him. Then in 2016, Donald J Trump declares his Presidency. He starts as a long-shot managed by Corey Lewandowski. As Trump grows in prominence, he fires Lewandowski and hires...Paul Manafort. Whose last job was in Ukraine. On behalf of Putin.

Paul Manafort, who owned a lobbying firm with Trump confidant Roger Stone. Paul Manafort, who had been kidnapped (presumably) by Russians at one point but survived unharmed.

Trump's positions on Russia softened under Manafort (re Ukraine specifically). Manafort's in charge over summer. It comes out that Manafort received 12 millions dollars in an off-books ledger from the pro-Putin party in Ukraine.

Wait back up. Before this comes out, the DNC emails are hacked. Wilkileaks releases the hacked emails. Why did Assange do this if it was an intel op by Russia? Possibly for the promise of asylum, but that's speculation on my part. Maybe because he hates Clinton and Obama, but, again, speculating. Regardless, these leaks hurt one party and helped the other.

So now Manafort resigns after the Ukraine thing comes out. Trump hires Steve Bannon, ANOTHER one of Stone's friends. Manafort probably keeps advising Trump. Regardless he lives in Trump Tower, so they see each other periodically. Incidentally Roger Stone officially resigned in December 2015. So now Stone and Manafort are unofficial advisors, strictly speaking.

Two of Trump's new policy guys are Michael Flynn and Carter Page. Both of whom have ties to Putin and Russia. Galas with Putin, RT dinners, speaking engagements, etc. So Manafort, Flynn, and Page. Remember the names for a bit.

Now Wikileaks starts leaking John Podesta's emails. Mostly harmless stuff, but Hillary Clinton and emails is just a bad look. We know they were hacked, we suspect by a state agent, and if you've been paying attention, the answer's pretty clear.

So the election happens and Trump wins. Then the intelligence community confirms what most of us knew or suspected. That Putin had launched an intel op specifically to hurt Clinton. Then it came out that he wanted Trump to win. That he was behind the DNC attacks, that he was behind the Podesta hacks, all Putin from the get-go. Curiously PEOTUS refuses to accept the findings of the intel community. Claims it coulda been anybody! Defends Assange. Curious.

In response, POTUS Obama kicks out 35 alleged Russian spies posing as diplomats. Pretty big move. The intel community seems pretty certain as to the facts at this point, and Obama is doing stuff he wouldn't do otherwise.

So today this new trove of background comes out. BUT IT'S UNVERIFIED. Yeah, so what? What do the documents say? That about 6 years ago (around when Trump started birtherism), they began cultivating him. That they conspired to get leverage over him. That they preferred him to HRC. That they had Russian spies in the US posing as go-betweens. That there was high-level cooperation with Trump's campaign. Via Paul Manafort and Carter Page. Remember them?

So we're supposed to SUPER SKEPTICAL about all of this. I mean, I guess so? If you didn't know who Paul Manafort was, or what he did, or who Carter Page was, etc. If you didn't find it odd that Trump's SecState-Elect won the Order of Friendship from Vladimir Putin. If you ignored all of these things, I guess it's healthy to be skeptical about this. I'm not an intelligence professional; I have the benefit of being able to make unqualified claims.

I dunno when it started or what the end game was, but Russia wanted Trump and cultivated him for years. Paul Manafort offered Trump the Presidency if he played ball with Putin. That's what Flynn and Carter Page were for. Manafort and Page were the go-betweens. The 35 expelled diplomats were in on it. The IC is clear on exactly how it happened. You can say this is all circumstantial, that Manafort and Putin and Trump and Stone and Page and Flynn all met in a locker room one day. But to me this has been clear as day since Manafort signed up. He was working for Putin on Trump's behalf. Or vice versa. He quit when he became toxic. He didn't GO anywhere.

So here we are, a week out from inaugurating a compromised asset of Russian intelligence President of the United States. I don't have some cool conclusion to the story because it's a scary story without a good ending. This is the new reality. Donald Trump appears to be beholden to a foreign power, and now we know the specifics. There's nothing to be skeptical about. This is just filling in the outlines of stuff that people have been saying since last summer. You don't need CIA clearance for this. I dunno who leaked the new info, but very little of it was surprising. And it probably won't matter. Welcome Comrade Trump.

Ihyll

When you add all the small parts up this story becomes very believable...And not so far fetched as some are saying it is.

Paul Manafort, which was Trump's campaign manager until he was forced to resign when news broke about him receiving payments from the Puppet Ukrainian government put in power by Putin and Co.

Carter Page. Trump's foreign policy advisor. Who is also the founder and managing partner of Global Energy Capital, a New York investment fund and consulting firm specializing in the Russian and Central Asian oil and gas business.

The Rex Tillerson pick for SOS, CEO of Exxon which had a 500$ Billion Dollar deal frozen as a result of the Obama sanctions placed on Russia. Tillerson received the Russian Order of Friendship in 2013.

The piss thing might seem unbelievable but it's written in the document in explicit detail, it's not just some vague 'sexual act' that's usually alluded to. If you're going to discount it as absurd then you'll have to discount the whole 35 page document as a nonsense - which is fine, if you ignore the fact that the FBI/CIA think it's credible enough to investigate it (and inform Obama and Trump of its existence).

I'd like to think this, finally, is the one that will do Trump in. But really, nobody is going to care beyond "lol, golden showers," and then go on with their day. Just like all the other blatant demonstrations of how shitty Trump is as a person and how dangerous and unqualified he is.

Pretty much. If all of this is confirmed, this along with his other conflicts of interest should be enough to start impeachment proceedings, but congress will do nothing.

The Golden Shower thing is not even in the Top 100 worst things Trump did in his life. If that's what ultimately takes him down I will simultaneously shed tears of joy and sadness.

The golden shower is the "TMZ" media headline bullshit. The meat of the story (if true) is the Trump campaign coordinating with the Russian government. If true, we are talking about one of, if not the biggest story in U.S. political history

rekameohs

Banned
Now, America, I know what you're thinking. I want to take the pressure off. Now, it doesn't take a "whiz" to know that you're looking out for "Number One". Well, listen to me, and you'll make a big splash very soon.

Who gives a fuck about the piss? It's everything else that is the bomb.
I give a shit about it because it's fucking hilarious.

If you can't laugh at the idea of a President elect being blackmailed by another Government because they have a tape of him hiring hookers to piss on a bed I don't know what the fuck you laugh at man.

Is it even possible to impeach someone before the inauguration?

You should swear him in first.

That makes him the Commander in Chief, which makes his treason the highest possible offense recognized under the laws of the country and fully punishable with execution.

I mean, technically some of this stuff would be on a level to potentially get even a civilian brought under treason charges, but it's generally much easier to prosecute that sort of offense against someone who holds military authority under oath.

Remember when the GOP went crazy over long form birth certificates? Those were the days.

LOL yeah.

Just imagine if this were on the other end. The candidate and half the party would be pre-impeached tonight for something on this level let alone strong enough to even reach "we had to brief the President on this document".

I'd like to think this, finally, is the one that will do Trump in. But really, nobody is going to care beyond "lol, golden showers," and then go on with their day. Just like all the other blatant demonstrations of how shitty Trump is as a person and how dangerous and unqualified he is.

Probably the sad truth.

Plus there's so much shit in there that you shouldn't even need everything, so many things in there that are absolutely damning. And it made it all the way to Presidential/Pres-elect briefing, at least some of the compromising stuff in there seems like it was considered to be credible.

Is there any evidence for the whole pee thing outside of buzz feed? I trust them about as much as breitbart

Buzzfeed does a lot of stupid clickbait stuff but they have also done some seriously good investigative and long-form journalism. They don't try to be sensational or misleading in their serious work, just superficial and entertaining in their non-serious work. They had their political reporting team poached by CNN this year. This article that accompanied the report was co-authored by a journalist that won a Pulitzer and used to work at ProPublica before Buzzfeed. It really shouldn't be likened to Breitbart, nor should work by their investigative unit be written off as unreliable automatically these days.

The Golden Shower thing is not even in the Top 100 worst things Trump did in his life. If that's what ultimately takes him down I will simultaneously shed tears of joy and sadness.

I just see it as the hook, something flashy and attention grabbing to get the sheep into the tent for the real show (the treason).

The piss thing might seem unbelievable but it's written in the document in explicit detail, it's not just some vague 'sexual act' that's usually alluded to. If you're going to discount it as absurd then you'll have to discount the whole 35 page document as a nonsense - which is fine, if you ignore the fact that the FBI/CIA think it's credible enough to investigate it (and inform Obama and Trump of its existence).

I think a big part of why the piss part of this story is blowing up on social media is because Trump's generally childish behavior makes such a petty action seem so believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom