• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixdean

Nah. Trump's always been good at constantly giving oxygen to stories most politicians would let wither and die out, because he can't let anything go.

Hell, a big reason this Russia thing remained a story is because Trump refused to acknowledge they were behind the hacking.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Let's say Trump is arrested for treason. Like... do his Secret Service officers do the honors?

pgoOB1.gif

chrislowe

i don't think a skeleton from the sega saturn would lie to me about trump

What I found funny about it is that they claim they emailed Rick Wilson about it back in november last year and they added a russian spy story to it all.

AND that Rick Wilsons son Andrew Wilson made that "pee on her, and make her swollow" thing on the internet.

So it could be a hoax about Rick Wilsons son actually? Who knows :)
Everything is possible in this world.

Tall4Life

Now why couldn't this have come out sooner... say the first week of November 2016.
Could've been hidden behind arguments of dumping it now to try to influence the election. It would violate the Hatch Act probably. This is a good time to open it up, nothing else is really going on.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, he will be acting like a President.

I don't know, Pence could go down with the ship. They would basically have to prove he didn't know anything and wasn't involved with anything.

Assuming anything actually comes from this (unlikely), we'd be treading new ground. Would they move down the chain and make Paul Ryan president? Would Obama's term be extended for another election since the previous one would essentially be voided? There is probably some plan in place for a situation vaguely similar to this, even if there isn't precedent.

For what it's worth, the Republican controlled congress would most likely push for a Ryan presidency.

I think I'd actually pretty disgusted with anyone that found the golden shower thing worse than his recorded trailer talk, his talk on Mexico sending its worst, his mocking of a disabled reporter, his Muslim registry, or any of a number of other disgusting things the man has said/suggested. Like, it's petty and pretty gross, but at the end of the day, its just a weird fetish, not a straight up horrific philosophy like so many of his comments have hinted at.

The treason, IF actually true, deserves to sink his ship, but the hotel story being the bullet to take him after all that's happened would be downright offensive in its implications. Like, yeah, minority problems and misogyny? That's perfectly fine, but hookers and gross fetishes? Well, that's crossing the line for my nice wholesome1950s white Christian family sensibilities.

Edit: fully agree that the treason points should be made the focus, if this thing is true and carried further in the media.

The shit that came before was enough to show that he's one vile mofo. "Piss on the bed those people slept in because I hate them" on top of that is like dude what.

sphagnum

Banned
What I found funny about it is that they claim they emailed Rick Wilson about it back in november last year and they added a russian spy story to it all.

AND that Rick Wilsons son Andrew Wilson made that "pee on her, and make her swollow" thing on the internet.

So it could be a hoax about Rick Wilsons son actually? Who knows :)
Everything is possible in this world.

The memos were already circulating in the summer of last year and Rick Wilson was talking about them forever trying to get people interested. Some idiot on 4chan last November shortly before the election pretended that he made it up and told it to Wilson.

4chan had nothing to do with this.

Chumley

Banned
Bingo. It is why all this will be forgotten by Thursday afternoon.

You're so ridiculously wrong.

The pee story is nothing. Even if it's true, it doesn't really matter. It's fucked up but pussy grabbing was worse. What matters is his campaign colluding with Russia. That's the story, that's what Bernstein and McCain and a ton of other extremely legit people are talking about right now. That is what gets Trump thrown in prison for life if it turns out he knew about it.

Tagg9

So if I'm understanding correctly, this report has been circulating internally for months. Why do people think something is going to happen right now if nothing has happened previously? AFAIK all of the claims in the report are still 100% unverified.

Let's say Trump is arrested for treason. Like... do his Secret Service officers do the honors?

It's somewhat unlikely he actually gets executed, since there seems to be just a general understanding that we don't do that at the federal level anymore. (The last time an execution was ordered for treason was 1960, I think.)

Stop focusing on the fucking golden shower garbage, please. It's so frustrating watching this turn into the 2005 tapes all over again. Yeah, it's easy to pick at the low hanging fruits for cheap jokes, but it also shifts the focus and acts as a smokescreen. It's a big outrageous headline that's ultimately a petty victory for people who already revile Trump.

oh lighten up. this is hilarious, and the reactions its getting from some trump people is also hilarious. and if any of it is true, theyre not going to fucking forget about the treason part just we had a laff mate

sphagnum

Banned
So if I'm understanding correctly, this report has been circulating internally for months. Why do people think something is going to happen right now if nothing has happened previously? AFAIK all of the claims in the report are still 100% unverified.

The president was briefed on them, which means the intelligence services believe there is validity to them to some degree. That wasn't the case previously.

Hypron

Because it was just presented to the POTUS and Trump now. It wouldn't have been presented to them if intelligence agencies didn't find the source credible.

Chumley

Banned

No they aren't. You're thinking of the buzzfeed story, which is seperate from the story about his campaign talking with Russia. Bernstein said on CNN full blown investigations are currently being ordered right now about that and McCain is on board.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
IDK how to feel about this. It's another in a long line of fucking travesties this monster has committed and they've never amounted to anything. Like is anything actually going to happen tomorrow? I'm just numb. Everything he does just brings America lower by association and it breaks my fucking heart.
Have faith, comrade. If just the hint of something even mildly scandalous coming out of Clinton's emails could ruin her run for president, I'm sure planting the question in the back of everyone's mind as to what the Russians really have on Trump is enough to do something similar given enough time.

And the other half would incite riots because Trump can do no wrong in their eyes. Also I'm sure the White Nationalists would be a bit pissy their golden god got got.
Nah, that lot does their nastiest work under cover of the Internet. They certainly might incite a few to "take matters into their own hands" a la Pizzagate but I don't think they have the balls to show in person and in force to truly revolt at scale.

They constitutionally cant. The 20th amendment makes the inauguration January 20. It was also used as the basis for the decision of Bush v. Gore.

Are there no special measures for things like this? I mean, Trump is in Putin's pocket, if this stuff is true, how can that not change things?

Soroc

His press conference is going to be amazing. Tremendous! The best press conference ever!

I can't sleep in anticipation of it!

digdug2k

Yeah, colluding would be (IMO) basically equivalent to rigging voting machines. I'm really curious what the actual protocol is in a situation like that, but in that case you'd probably be able to actually figure out what the real vote should have been....

Regardless of what it is, I'm guessing we'd end up with a Pence or Ryan presidency this year. Neither of those actually sounds all that different from what I'm expecting from a Trump presidency, except I'll be slightly less embarrassed every time they talk.

Because it was just presented to the POTUS and Trump now. It wouldn't have been presented to them if intelligence agencies didn't find the source credible.

This and now the public knows. It will come up again and again.

Like how fucking stupid were people "make America great again" it's all almost too much.

Euron

I don't know, Pence could go down with the ship. They would basically have to prove he didn't know anything and wasn't involved with anything.

Assuming anything actually comes from this (unlikely), we'd be treading new ground. Would they move down the chain and make Paul Ryan president? Would Obama's term be extended for another election since the previous one would essentially be voided? There is probably some plan in place for a situation vaguely similar to this, even if there isn't precedent.

For what it's worth, the Republican controlled congress would most likely push for a Ryan presidency.
The documents claim that the "Trump Campaign" ordered the hacks with some of the financing coming from Trump himself. If it were this widespread, Pence would have to be implicated as to having some knowledge of it.

Republicans would most likely try to make Ryan president but the issue is the endorsements from Trump would greatly harm his name. A Democrat gridlock could potentially keep Obama in office until an agreement on a successor could be reached, even if it does technically go against the two term limit. Though maybe it can be said that his term isn't over.

I'm grasping at straws here. There's no way any of this is picked up on and everything aside from the pissing hookers will be forgotten by next week.

Tagg9

No they aren't. You're thinking of the buzzfeed story, which is seperate from the story about his campaign talking with Russia. Bernstein said on CNN full blown investigations are currently being ordered right now about that and McCain is on board.

Cheers gentlemen. Music to my ears. Let's hope Obama makes one last magnificent move during his remaining 10 days.

sphagnum

Banned
Yeah, colluding would be (IMO) basically equivalent to rigging voting machines. I'm really curious what the actual protocol is in a situation like that, but in that case you'd probably be able to actually figure out what the real vote should have been....

Regardless of what it is, I'm guessing we'd end up with a Pence or Ryan presidency this year. Neither of those actually sounds all that different from what I'm expecting from a Trump presidency, except I'll be slightly less embarrassed every time they talk.

At the very least Ryan wouldn't be a Russian stooge and may even be willing to call things racist from time to time.

Why is everyone talking about Treason? Please explain as I'm very clueless besides the hooker piss story.

Edit: Ohh there's a new summary in OP. I'll dwell deeper, but would still like concrete answer as what is considered treason here.

His press conference is going to be amazing. Tremendous! The best press conference ever!

I can't sleep in anticipation of it!

It's just going to be a postcard on the podium that reads, "I'm already halfway to Vladivostok with the National Treasure, cyka!"

Tall4Life

Are there no special measures for things like this? I mean, Trump is in Putin's pocket, if this stuff is true, how can that not change things?
They'd be violating the constitution if they didn't inaugurate someone on the 20th, so idk. They could pass an amendment saying inaugurations could be delayed but there's no way that's getting passed in 10 days.

Besides, after he's inauguarated they can slam the charges on him as the crime is still technically going on, and the punishment would be more severe.

Stop focusing on the fucking golden shower garbage, please. It's so frustrating watching this turn into the 2005 tapes all over again. Yeah, it's easy to pick at the low hanging fruits for cheap jokes, but it also shifts the focus and acts as a smokescreen. It's a big outrageous headline that's ultimately a petty victory for people who already revile Trump.

When those 2005 tapes surfaced, everybody immediately jumped to "Grab 'em by the pussy." It was the easy soundbite. It was low hanging fruit. Ultimately, it just reinforced what we knew about Trump: He's vulgar. And that became the conversation. Trump is vulgar. "Grab 'em by the pussy is a vulgar thing to say." Well, yeah. No shit. What didn't get enough attention was the greater context of that clip in which the man openly embraced sexually assaulting women. It got some attention, but people were more occupied with the big vulgar soundbite and joking about pussygate. It worked out brilliantly for Trump, and if the big takeaway from these reports is "LOL HE HIRED HOOKERS TO PISS ON A BED," then we have absolutely failed and there's noone to blame except ourselves. Please, don't get distracted with information that is attention-grabbing, but ultimately petty and useless.

Well said.

There's so much more in here than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom