• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opto

Banned
I just see it as the hook, something flashy and attention grabbing to get the sheep into the tent for the real show (the treason).

yeah, the piss is the hook. Sexual assault ? eh, he's white and rich, no one cares. tax fraud? psht. Russian operators in his campaign? no sizzle, sounds boring.

piss is fresh, it's new

Tall4Life

Who gives a fuck about the piss? It's everything else that is the bomb.
Its not the most damning thing but it's putting this story over the top. Stuff before like his charity and tax bullshit really never made it far... This is already a huge story thanks to the golden shower bit. Let the publicity stream down, this needs attention more than anything.

ScribbleD

Stop focusing on the fucking golden shower garbage, please. It's so frustrating watching this turn into the 2005 tapes all over again. Yeah, it's easy to pick at the low hanging fruits for cheap jokes, but it also shifts the focus and acts as a smokescreen. It's a big outrageous headline that's ultimately a petty victory for people who already revile Trump.

When those 2005 tapes surfaced, everybody immediately jumped to "Grab 'em by the pussy." It was the easy soundbite. It was low hanging fruit. Ultimately, it just reinforced what we knew about Trump: He's vulgar. And that became the conversation. Trump is vulgar. "Grab 'em by the pussy is a vulgar thing to say." Well, yeah. No shit. What didn't get enough attention was the greater context of that clip in which the man openly embraced sexually assaulting women. It got some attention, but people were more occupied with the big vulgar soundbite and joking about pussygate. It worked out brilliantly for Trump, and if the big takeaway from these reports is "LOL HE HIRED HOOKERS TO PISS ON A BED," then we have absolutely failed and there's noone to blame except ourselves. Please, don't get distracted with information that is attention-grabbing, but ultimately petty and useless.

Chumley

Banned
Tomorrow Trump is going to have a complete meltdown at the media, ban them all from covering him, and move in full time to Trump Tower creating his own Outer Heaven

315.jpg

Kojima was a prophet

sphagnum

Banned
You guys look exactly like the republicans who were all excited about spirit cooking and comet pizza.

Come on.

Did the intelligence community ever give President Obama a report on Pizzagate that they told him they believed was from a credible source?

No?

Well then.

Boke1879

I'm talking about 4chan and golden showers.

We're all taking the piss with the golden showers shit. It's just funny and it's more than likely never going to be proven right.

But the Russian ties? That has credibility and that's going to be what lingers for a long time.

brau

Tomorrow Trump is going to have a complete meltdown at the media, ban them all from covering him, and move in full time to Trump Tower creating his own Outer Heaven

Kojima was a prophet

This world will become one. Trump found the way. Racism, hookers affiliations, national golden showers... even the media/news will be irrelevant. The world that the V. Putin envisioned will finally become a reality, and it will make Anime great again.

traveler

Not Wario
I think I'd actually pretty disgusted with anyone that found the golden shower thing worse than his recorded trailer talk, his talk on Mexico sending its worst, his mocking of a disabled reporter, his Muslim registry, or any of a number of other disgusting things the man has said/suggested. Like, it's petty and pretty gross, but at the end of the day, its just a weird fetish, not a straight up horrific philosophy like so many of his comments have hinted at.

The treason, IF actually true, deserves to sink his ship, but the hotel story being the bullet to take him after all that's happened would be downright offensive in its implications. Like, yeah, minority problems and misogyny? That's perfectly fine, but hookers and gross fetishes? Well, that's crossing the line for my nice wholesome1950s white Christian family sensibilities.

Edit: fully agree that the treason points should be made the focus, if this thing is true and carried further in the media.

GutsOfThor

Stop focusing on the fucking golden shower garbage, please. It's so frustrating watching this turn into the 2005 tapes all over again. Yeah, it's easy to pick at the low hanging fruits for cheap jokes, but it also shifts the focus and acts as a smokescreen. It's a big outrageous headline that's ultimately a petty victory for people who already revile Trump.

When those 2005 tapes surfaced, everybody immediately jumped to "Grab 'em by the pussy." It was the easy soundbite. It was low hanging fruit. Ultimately, it just reinforced what we knew about Trump: He's vulgar. And that became the conversation. Trump is vulgar. "Grab 'em by the pussy is a vulgar thing to say." Well, yeah. No shit. What didn't get enough attention was the greater context of that clip in which the man openly embraced sexually assaulting women. It got some attention, but people were more occupied with the big vulgar soundbite and joking about pussygate. It worked out brilliantly for Trump, and if the big takeaway from these reports is "LOL HE HIRED HOOKERS TO PISS ON A BED," then we have absolutely failed and there's noone to blame except ourselves. Please, don't get distracted with information that is attention-grabbing, but ultimately petty and useless.

Bingo. It is why all this will be forgotten by Thursday afternoon.

Alucrid

Banned
I think I'd actually pretty disgusted with anyone that found the golfer shower thing worse than his recorded trailer talk, his talk on Mexico sending its worst, his mocking of a disabled reporter, his Muslim registry, or any of a number of other disgusting things the man has said/suggested. Like, it's petty and pretty gross, but at the end of the day, its just a weird fetish, not a straight up horrific philosophy like so many of his comments have hinted at.

The treason, IF actually true, deserves to sink his ship, but the hotel story being the bullet to take him after all that's happened would be downright offensive.

i don't think anyone found it worse, but the pettiness that it would take to do that is just a whole new level. even for him.

I don't think this will change anything. And even if Trump gets impeached, the people who voted for him, the society who created this whole distaster, will still be there.

Sianos

"interesting"? That's a funny way to spell "odious white power claptrap"
That's the implication I'm making, that yet another person "just asking questions" about something they curiously *found* on Twitter - of course, they as usually totally just *stumbled upon it* in a serendipitous coincidence - is also filled with odious white power claptrap.

I guess the interesting part applies more to how often it feels like that sort of occurrence happens.

Boke1879

To be fair. None of this Russian shit has ever truly gone away. It's always been referenced and brought up time and again.

Now the media has credible sources possibly linking him to Russia. McCain being involved with these reports. There will most likely be investigations into this. It's not going away.

Zubz

Banned
I don't think this will change anything. And even if Trump gets impeached, the people who voted for him, the society who created this whole distaster, will still be there.

True, but Trump's the most pressing issue. Let's take this one step at a time.

Codeblue

Not sure if the piss thing is beneficial because it brings more attention to the story or that it's masking the actual, you know, treason.

Tall4Life

The golden shower bit is precisely why its not going to be forgotten. Trump never answered about his charity or tax scandals. He didnt need to. He's already freaking out about this. Just like that quote earlier, he now has to deny it. And especially now, that we have actual reports and evidence of a crime? The IC will not let this go until it is confirmed or unconfirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom