• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

andthebeatgoeson

Just one of those games. People like run and gun and will miss out. Maybe if he sees you play it, you can show him?

Tell him it's one of the best games of the past 20 years and he should watch you play it.

His excuse is like driving a Honda, then being pissed that Porsche's only come in stick. If he knew what was in the game, he may be willing to adapt.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=778646

Just a brief background but I'm getting some extremely low number fps on this.

Sager laptop NP9170
7970 GPU
i7-3610QM
8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM

That's my rig and it beats the recc settings. Not by a huge difference but enough to make me feel like it will be playable. It's not. Even talking to the drivers at the beginning causes the game to play the sound and the video takes about 2-3 minutes for the driver to go thru his motions. I just installed the drivers clean, set the resolution at 720p, anti aliasing at 2x, no post processing.

And another weird thing, I can't change the FPS to 30. It's blacked out and stuck on 60. I'm ready change it to 30 but can't. What am I missing?

This could be a dumb question but are you playing with the power cord plugged in? Also, check the power options and make sure that when plugged in your systems isn't being throttled.

Newboi

It stinks, but I really haven't had much time to play. I've only been able to play in 1 to 2 hour spurts.

Anyway, I have to say that playing in 60fps in normal for me right now is like playing the Gamecube release on Professional. I've noticed that certain enemy attack animations are much faster now. I'm not sure if it's just this particular run, but ammo has been ferociously scarce. I've been getting Gold like crazy, but ammo drops have been virtually non-existent other than pre-placed ammo throughout the entire castle section of the game. This by a stroke of hilarity has caused me to come up with ingenious tactics to get through ridiculous sections and conserve ammo. Ever try to face a Garrador (blind claw guy) with a knife lol? I almost beat an El Gigante with a Knife lol (and alot of cheesing).

By the time I got to the Salazar fight, I had so much money, but so little ammo (lots of health items though lol), I just bought a rocket launcher to the the fight immediately so I could pick up the ammo lying around the boss area.

Unai

Sager laptop NP9170
7970 GPU
i7-3610QM
8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM

That's my rig and it beats the recc settings. Not by a huge difference but enough to make me feel like it will be playable. It's not. Even talking to the drivers at the beginning causes the game to play the sound and the video takes about 2-3 minutes for the driver to go thru his motions. I just installed the drivers clean, set the resolution at 720p, anti aliasing at 2x, no post processing.

And another weird thing, I can't change the FPS to 30. It's blacked out and stuck on 60. I'm ready change it to 30 but can't. What am I missing?

You might want to turn off AA. If the image is not good enough try forcing it from outside of the game.

I believe you can only chanfe the framerate in the main menu and not in the in game menu.

d00d3n

Anyway, I have to say that playing in 60fps in normal for me right now is like playing the Gamecube release on Professional. I've noticed that certain enemy attack animations are much faster now. I'm not sure if it's just this particular run, but ammo has been ferociously scarce. I've been getting Gold like crazy, but ammo drops have been virtually non-existent other than pre-placed ammo throughout the entire castle section of the game. This by a stroke of hilarity has caused me to come up with ingenious tactics to get through ridiculous sections and conserve ammo. Ever try to face a Garrador (blind claw guy) with a knife lol? I almost beat an El Gigante with a Knife lol (and alot of cheesing).

By the time I got to the Salazar fight, I had so much money, but so little ammo (lots of health items though lol), I just bought a rocket launcher to the the fight immediately so I could pick up the ammo lying around the boss area.

Are you sure it is not the difficulty ai playing tricks? You are much better at playing the game now compared with how you played before, which translates into more enemies and less ammo (not sure if enemy attack patterns are affected also).

Unai

It stinks, but I really haven't had much time to play. I've only been able to play in 1 to 2 hour spurts.

I have too much ammo.

2014-03-03_00014hgswr.jpg

Risible

Regarding the insect hive we were talking about earlier and
how to "kill it" - I just killed it quite easily with the TMP, so no, you most definitely do not need to use the Rocket Launcher for it.

Save it for that fucker Salazar :)

andthebeatgoeson

This could be a dumb question but are you playing with the power cord plugged in? Also, check the power options and make sure that when plugged in your systems isn't being throttled.
Yes, I even changed it in the GPU settings.
You might want to turn off AA. If the image is not good enough try forcing it from outside of the game.

I believe you can only chanfe the framerate in the main menu and not in the in game menu.
Thanks. I think I was doing it after loading the game.

Newboi

Are you sure it is not the difficulty ai playing tricks? You are much better at playing the game now compared with how you played before, which translates into more enemies and less ammo (not sure if enemy attack patterns are affected also).

I thought the "Dynamic Difficulty" element of RE4 only corresponded to ammo drops vs. money? If this is tried to the AI overall then Professional won't really be that much different for me lol.

Grief.exe

Sager laptop NP9170
7970 GPU
i7-3610QM
8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM

Some people are having trouble with the game not switching over from integrated graphics. Not sure if that is your issue, but you might try forcing it.

Also, turn off in-game AA, its terribly unoptimized.

My first time playing ever. Guess my only major complaint so far is controls. Maybe I will get used to them though...

I got used to them in about 5-10 minutes.

I love the little touches added to this costume set:

Leon actually buckles under the weight of the armor and then grabs his lower back in pain. I also didn't expect the armor set to have the footsteps it has... but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. They're a tiny bit distracting :p Also, she shuts the visor when you aim or take out the knife instead of ducking, haha. It's hilarious. And since she's invincible, I just make her wait so enemies go after her during Professional. Hearing her scream is hilarious.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I thought the "Dynamic Difficulty" element of RE4 only corresponded to ammo drops vs. money? If this is tried to the AI overall then Professional won't really be that much different for me lol.

I'm getting the sense that in this version at least if you go a long time without getting hit, a single hit will really hurt a lot. I could be imagining it, but I don't know what else would account for taking over 50% damage from a basic enemy's attack.

d00d3n

I think it affects more than ammo and cash drops, but I have no concrete information to point to (other than reading others discussing this feature of the game at length here on gaf). Obviously, this aspect of the game is designed to be hard to notice by players during normal gameplay. You want to be challenged at your appropriate skill level, but it would not be a good thing if the player realized that the game was "dumbing itself down" or that the game added unfair penalties based on your performance.

DSmalls84

Still can't get my ps4 pad to change control settings. I selected a new preset and it saved after, but the controls stay the same. Aiming with the Right stick and firing with the triangle button is pretty awkward. Does anyone else have this issue using a 360 pad? I might need to look at the program I use to trick my pc into thinking the ps4 is a 360 pad.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Basically you shoulda kept the normal shotgun and just upgraded its fire power a little until u can get striker. Or keep normal shotgun and just upgrade it.

You should probably just hang onto the Riot Gun at this point since you've already upgraded it a bit. Chances are that if you switch over to the Striker then you won't have enough money to fully upgrade it since you already sank a bunch of money into the Riot Gun.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, alright. Thanks :D

I'm getting the sense that in this version at least if you go a long time without getting hit, a single hit will really hurt a lot. I could be imagining it, but I don't know what else would account for taking over 50% damage from a basic enemy's attack.

Game has always been this way. It's also supposed to drop less ammo, but I'm sure there's ways to game that and get more.

Grief.exe

Still can't get my ps4 pad to change control settings. I selected a new preset and it saved after, but the controls stay the same. Aiming with the Right stick and firing with the triangle button is pretty awkward. Does anyone else have this issue using a 360 pad? I might need to look at the program I use to trick my pc into thinking th ps4 is a 360pad.

There is your problem

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

Make sure to select the option that hides the directinput portion.

As I didn't have enough reasons to not buy this.

The missing glow is a bummer but I'm far from regretting my purchase. That looks to be the only graphical effect that went missing compared to the PS360 version. It's still a good port all in all.

Capcom promised to issue a patch and so maybe they can fix things up.
And then we have the modding community who could also do one or two things in the game (theoretically).

Mr Swine

Banned
Lol I shot a villager with a mine and he ran up to Leon and Ashley. It detonated so that Leon fell down right under Ashley and she said "You pervert!" Thought it was only when looking up at her skirt in high places lol xD

Lol I shot a villager with a mine and he ran up to Leon and Ashley. It detonated so that Leon fell down right under Ashley and she said "You pervert!" Thought it was only when looking up at her skirt in high places lol xD
She called me a pervert when I did a suplex on an enemy and landed right near her. I did suplexes that were super close or even clipped with her, but she only said it one time the whole game. Was funny when it happened.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man I want to get this for the 60 FPS, but I got a perfectly capable CRT monitor to play the Wii Edition on. Can't quite justify it yet.

Unai

This is so satisfying to look at or do. Good job!

I would flip the herb horizontally, though.

That... is actually a good idea.

I always line the guns up in a column on the left to make selecting them as quick as possible.

I was doing the same at first, but the weapons up here fit the inventory so perfectly that I can't go back now!

You guys show promise, but...

The ammo boxes aren't even all the same orientation. Inventory ruined, tbh.

Anyway, I just beat Bitores on Pro without taking any damage \o/ Fuck yeah. No RL use, either.

lol yeah, the problem was the red 9 stock that only occupies 3 slots, but now that I have the infra red they occupy 6 slots together. Much better!

Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/2014-03-04_00008zusbk.jpg[/IMG]

Why would you save the yellow herb health? being that they increase your total health pool. Whenever I need to heal, I always make sure I use the yellow ones first before anything.

<edit> Bass takes up waaaaay to much space. I always sell that bitch.

now eggs.....eggs are a different story.

I had sooo much ammo at pretty much every point in the game. I was shocked at how much ammo gets thrown at you on Normal. I was almost always starved for space. At one point I had to sell off 6 First Aid Sprays at once. This was my inventory right before the last boss fight.

Noticing some Xbox buttons on the Separate Ways logs at the end of each chapter. I also notice 1 of the head monsters squirms around at seemingly 30 FPS too, along with a few other effects in the game. Nothing major, just pointing it out.

Come on Capcom fix dat mouse aim.

Top Bottom