• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

Slowdive

Banned
Screenshots:

Ck4LqGLWkAAGvKJ.jpg:large

Ck4LsEsXIAACHag.jpg:large

Ck4Lt98WgAAWx0q.jpg:large

Ck4LvstWgAAv-8n.jpg:large

Teknoman

Resident Evil is a game of tense inventory management, and where you make difficult choices about when to run and when to fight. Even the newer games kept this while moving to more action oriented gameplay. Right now, this seems to be a "hide and seek" game ala Outlast, with no combat, no boss fights, no inventory management, nothing that makes RE RE. Like I said, I'll try the demo, and I hope I'm wrong, but this isn't what I wanted, and I couldn't be more disappointed.

You could've said the same thing for any RE if they didnt reveal the enemy types right off the bat.

I need me some Evil Within 2 asap to wash the filthy taste left in my mouth by this. Really REALLY disappointed.

I loved Resi old and new, but this is just not for me at all.

Leon Kennedy, you will be missed my friend.

I'm really not digging the first person approach (I don't like fp games) so a little sad on that part :/

Waiting for some impressions about the demo

hairygreenpeas

Neo Member
Loved the audience's reaction when it was revealed to be RE7 lol.

I honestly don't think the game is going to be first-person. I mean, it was part of Sony's VR experience trailer line-up, so I believe it was just there to create some buzz and excitement for the PSVR; the fact that the demo's up and available is pretty reminiscence of PT's initial announcement. That created a lot of hype.

Cautiously excited for this game though. Definitely a departure from the more recent RE games, but it's looking pretty damn scary so far.

ViolentP

P.T wasn't even a game. It was an interactive puzzle (a very obtuse interactive puzzle) that unlocked a teaser for a game that wasn't even in development yet.

Resident Evil has always had some action component. I have no problem with it taking this tact, but I will be a little sad if it is just P.T with some point and click interaction.

Agreed that it shouldn't be a point and click. But the fact that it was a teaser is irrelevant. The level of immersion packed into that hallway was more than most games today offer. And it was a fresh take. It's exactly what the industry needs, and more so the horror genre.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Dunno how I feel about this. I'm glad to see RE back, and I'm glad to see the horror side of it back. But then, it feels like the pendulum has swung the other way now, with this feeling more like stuff like Amnesia or PT. Which really... isn't what I want, either. I just wanted a return to what the series used to be like.

I'll give it a chance, because it'd be silly not to, but I'm not sold on it quite yet.

Mupod

I was really hoping for this not to be RE7. I suppose we don't know much about it yet but that looked nothing like what I want out of the games. I'd rather have more janky shootbang than jumpscare no combat youtuber bait. Here's hoping it was just misleading.

Set in modern day rural America and taking place after the dramatic events of Resident Evil® 6, players experience the terror directly from the first person perspective. The Resident Evil® 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour demo, also announced today, portrays events leading up to the main game

This is misdirection....I bet the stuff from the reveal is just from the teaser demo.

Finally taking Resident Evil back to it's horror roots.

It does look like P.T./Silent Hill though, I guess they figured they had such a good thing going they might as well reel this one in.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I like that they're trying new things with the franchise. No one gets to dictate what a franchise is, but only what they enjoy out of it. I'm open for a fresh perspective just like with RE4.
Yeah, so let's just take 20 years of consistent evolution and throw it out, turn everything on it's head.

Tadpole

Honestly, the biohazard subtitle is kind of lame. Everything else is awesome. I'm excited to see Resident Evil change course so dramatically.

YESSSS!! Fucking pumped about this. I don't like the first person perspective tho, my gf is a long life fan of the series but gets motion sickness when she plays this kind of games... I feel for her :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Really want to try this demo. Nothing about that was RE at all, even more-so than looking at the departure RE4 took.

P.T. was neat in the slice of time it came out as, popping up in the store and being pretty mysterious figuring out what it really was but there was very little about actually playing it that was actually engaging. I really want to see the hook to this RE, hopefully through the demo.

Riposte

Can't say I'm interested in this at all, and I'm interested in pretty much every Resident Evil game. The whole Amnesia, Slender Man, etc. genre doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Hopefully you at least pick up a few guns at some point and it's a spooky FPS, ideally with some the of that Capcom game design flair that set their games apart. We probably just watched the first ten minutes, so it impressions probably don't matter yet.

The full name is really weird, but I got to admit the numeral/logo is cute.

Alexious

Dunno how I feel about this. I'm glad to see RE back, and I'm glad to see the horror side of it back. But then, it feels like the pendulum has swung the other way now, with this feeling more like stuff like Amnesia or PT. Which really... isn't what I want, either. I just wanted a return to what the series used to be like.

I'll give it a chance, because it'd be silly not to, but I'm not sold on it quite yet.

Exactly. I don't know how they can say with a straight face that it's "back to the roots" when they're making it first person, likely with close to no action and apparently playing as a non-hero type of character.

Resident Evil was never about any of this.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
... I'd rather wait for the impressions who played the demo than listen to ya'll guys saying "this isn't RE, RE is action and shit".

Top Bottom