• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

I'm going to keep believing this is all just misdirection.

You play though tape-1 and it turns back to familiar things, there's no way the 7 title makes sense otherwise.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Makes sense, you have like legendary military guys like Leon, Chris, Jill, Claire, Barry, etc, then normal guys and gals who are probably totally overwhelmed in the world, which could be really really scary.

joe2187

Banned
People were so fucking excited when P.T. was revealed to be silent hills.

Maybe Capcom should have went full P.T. and revealed it at the end of the Demo.

Also, the newspaper close-up... are we gonna be dealing with ghosts now? Zombies seemingly gone? It says, "Ghosts sighted in bayou." Very interesting.

I really hope not. What I've always liked about RE was that the enemies were grounded at least remotely in reality. BOW's are just animals or people infected with a virus. Nothing supernatural about that. I'll be disappointed if they finally moved away from that.

ViolentP

The fact that it's FIRST PERSON. Just no. It's not about that they went back to horror... it's this FPS bullshit. Get out.

This entirely new reboot is bullshit and yet it's still called RE7? How the fuck?

No old characters?
No multiplayer?
Mercenaries?
Anything related to RE at all? Inventory, herbs etc

It's a brand new game slapped on with the RE title on it.

Sorry but nope.

P.T. was what the future of horror games should have been. Props to Capcom for putting a big name behind a project like this. If it doesn't work, go back to the old formula. No harm, no foul. Besides, it's not like this game will be the one to break the stellar Resident Evil track record.

We didn't play the same games then. The RE5 and 6 I played had limited inventory slots, and forced to carefully consider what you needed to bring with you. It was absolutely still a part to thasoe games, even if ammo was more plentiful. Also, they still had combat, something the series has had from the very first entry. Now that seems to have all been thrown out the window for a P.T. clone. Hope I'm wrong. Guess we'll see soon.

To be fair most of my re6 playthrough item management consisted of me throwing out an abundance of rifle ammo because you could only carry so much per slot and they just gave you a ton of it. Anyways I agree with your assessment of the games. Also wanted to add that we played as characters who while being out of their element, were still trained individuals. I hope we don't play as joe everybody who needs to point out when to be scared by reacting to everything that happens. I guess we'll just have to see.

P.T. was what the future of horror games should have been. Props to Capcom for putting a big name behind a project like this. If it doesn't work, go back to the old formula. No harm, no foul. Besides, it's not like this game will be the one to break the stellar Resident Evil track record.

But Resident evil was never purely a horror game. It was survival horror where the player had to fight their way out of an impossible situation with a sense or urgency.

saher

Banned
The fact that it's FIRST PERSON. Just no. It's not about that they went back to horror... it's this FPS bullshit. Get out.

This entirely new reboot is bullshit and yet it's still called RE7? How the fuck?

No old characters?
No multiplayer?
Mercenaries?

Sorry but nope.

Seriously what is wrong with you people have been crying out for a single player horror game for years and we finally got it.

Resident Evil 7 is set after the events of Resident Evil 6, taking place in modern day and revolving around a foreboding, derelict plantation mansion in rural America. Players must explore and survive the horrors within the mysterious, sprawling estate.

Looks like RE7 is going to take place in the South.

kc44135

No old characters?
No multiplayer?
Mercenaries?

Sorry but nope.

I feel ya. I'm legit heartbroken right now. I was watching E3 just for this game, and it couldn't be further from what I wanted.

RE7 Vive

ada.jpg

Namikaze

Wow, so it takes place after RE6 and isn't a complete reboot of the series. Wonder what happened to Chris/Jill/Ada/Leon etc.

Wallach

I'm pretty stoked for this. But I also couldn't give a shit about RE5 or 6 so a new direction sounds up my alley. Being fully playable in VR seals the deal.

This is crazy. I'm more intrigued about this than I've been since RE4. I realize many are going ape about the first person view and this and that, but this taking place after RE6 and looking more intimate, isolated... I mean, we didn't really see the brunt of the gameplay and the focus is clearly on horror. I've enjoyed the gameplay of the past few, sure, but again I'm super intrigued by what they're doing here. Hyped. Cannot wait to see more.

Top Bottom