• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

Have to say i hated it as well, so many glitches and shit just ruined it for me as for being a horror game i laughed a lot, which kinda spoiled it for me. I just wished we could go back to my old favourite styles of RE,RE2 and the first two silent hill games, such memories, sigh.

It's just as goofy as Resident Evil, and the gameplay is like a more tense RE4. I could tolerate some jank and glitches because the game design was incredible and the atmosphere was UMPH.

Top 3 game of the gen for me alongside Bloodborne and Uncharted 4.

How boring. Sorry, my opinoun guys! Don't hurt me!

Guess I'll wait for RE VIII.
Hey, I might agree with you. Not sure how to feel yet.

Still kind of wish this was a new Condemned. Can you imagine that series' great melee combat in VR? The mannequins being the first thing we see, plus the run-down dirty location, and what looked like a hobo-esque guy walking past the room, this just screamed Condemned
I was convinced it was Condemned at first. Seemed so similar. I've wanted a Condemned 3 for so long I let myself believe it.

16BitNova

Capcom reading Gaf like

"You fuckers don't want to give First Person a chance? Kiss my ass, no demo for you."

Watched the demo being streamed. This isn't Resident Evil, at all.

P.T wasn't Silent Hill at all and people loved that.

This is a prequel to the game pretty much. No one knows what the whole package will be like.

Skatterd

Guys, there's obviously some hidden ending or something in this demo going from the streams. I'd say take a wait and see approach on this one before we even discuss "what" it is.

Dennis

Banned
Doesn't look like Resident Evil.

Doesn't play like Resident Evil.

Isn't Third Person like Resident Evil.

Resident Evil 7.

Sesha

Maybe it's all a ruse and they're literally doing P.T.

I don't know what to expect anymore. The world has gone topsy-turvy.

except game developers have been saying the exact opposite of that since Oculus and PSVR came to be.

I never said that it was simple, just that it's a much simpler proposition to introduce things like VR camera control into a game (as mods have accomplished for many, many titles) than it is to rejigger a game designed around VR and VR controls to work the same way on a pad. Can you imagine Hover Junkers with a pad? It certainly wouldn't be the same game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Doesn't look like Resident Evil.

Isn't Third Person like Resident Evil.

Doesn't feature any Resident Evil characters.

Resident Evil 7.
You're smarter than this

Stop

Ok

Just stop

Still kind of wish this was a new Condemned. Can you imagine that series' great melee combat in VR? The mannequins being the first thing we see, plus the run-down dirty location, and what looked like a hobo-esque guy walking past the room, this just screamed Condemned

I really wish it was. I was about to be so hype when the hobo dude walked by, I thought he was gonna jump out and then the player was gonna break off a table leg and bum fight him to death in some horrible way. That would have been so much better.

Neff

People saying RE "needed" this aren't really coming off like people who liked the franchise much. I loved everything about it, primarily the action/sassy/campy/horror style of world and characters they built with consistency.

This is the danger for the franchise right now. I don't think it's apparent to many, maybe not even Capcom themselves if they're straying as far as we think, that long-term RE fans appreciate the series on such an esoteric level. It's easy for a casual fan to say that, since they're going back to hard horror, that the series is on the right track, but that would be missing the point.

Personally, a first person view in RE is really jarring to me. I need to see my cool RE character when I play. I need to see them reacting to monster attacks, climbing ladders, operating cranks and so forth. A virtual camera just doesn't have the same charisma as Jill Valentine or Chris Redfield, and never can.

There's lots of very subtle elements which constitute RE, going back through every game and every trailer, and this new trailer is very short on them. It simply doesn't feel like a RE title, since there's nothing I associate with RE besides vague horror imagery.

Anyway, I'm downloading the demo now, so we'll see.

Drain You

God of War changed setting and has kept the same character and style. Nothing like this situation. Resident Evil has a famous identity and this game doesn't resemble it. It looks like other very different horror games.

This is how I feel, but I'm still willing to give whatever this is a try. For better or worse. lol

//ARCANUM

So the people who are playing it played it on the JPN store right? They don't have a download link they hiding do they? Doooooo they?

Teknoman

That ending looks like it could be related to re6. Idk.

Well the game isnt a reboot, all the past events are still linked to this game, so its possible.

EDIT: And to be fair, playing as a totally new character and then switching to a classic series character would be possible.

Newsflash! most singleplayer games are not really orthogames or any kind of game basically because that means having an oponent. Single player videogames are interactive entertaiment, as long as they are engaging and interactive they are very well within what we have defined as "video games"

This is an interactive movie. Not much of a game going on here so far. Reminds me of some sort of texas chainsaw massacre type deal too.

Aki-at

This isn't what I wanted for in Resident Evil and they were so close with the Revelation games. I think my major concern is will this be more horror then survival? I feel the early entries in the series really had more tension than outright terrifying me.

I'll reserve judgement, I'm down for a horror game but not what I wanted in Resident Evil. I'll hold off spewing a negative opinion until I try it.

This is exactly what I thought it was when I saw those mannequins haha.

NathanNAVY

Neo Member
Its up

Ck4eWlVWUAAK_Pp.jpg

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm just eager for more information. I think some of the concerns are warranted, but I want to know more about how they're approaching this game in general.

this was the game that was supposed to bring resident evil back to its roots right? how is turning it into an outlast/alien isolation game going back to its roots?

who the fuck said that

you're literally making shit up to satisfy your stupid fucking fanboyism

the butthurt shit in this thread is embarassing

FinKL

Y'all are tripping, this is my megaton for E3. As a gamer this is an experience I can't wait for and I'm constantly refreshing this for a US demo

Top Bottom