• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

Inspector Q

When the title was revealed at the end of the E3 gameplay, I literally grasped what little hair I have on my head and gaped in horror at my monitor. Between this and the lack of an Evil Within 2 reveal, I am pretty bummed out.

Freaking sick to my stomach over this, haha. This is coming from someone who actually has Alien Isolation as my personal GOTY for 2014. So it's not that this style of game can't be great, but I definitely didn't want RE to go first person. Whew, I need to simmer down over here, lol.

I kind of hated the forced AI companion that has been around since RE5, so I guess I should be happy that it's returning to a solo experience. But I still don't understand why they didn't try to go back to a more RE4 type of approach.

Oh well, I will keep an eye on this game since I am so attached to the series, but as of right now I feel almost gutted by this reveal. Obviously being a little dramatic, but I was looking forward to this reveal and it wasn't anything like I expected it to be.

RE4 that is even more fully realized with more boss fights, better graphics, more over the shoulder horror elements and the works etc...

I got a feeling that the Revelations series and even other spinoffs like ORC will fill these gaps. Depending on how well the REmake 2 does, we might get to see another set of spinoffs in this style.

I say Capcom should keep trying something new with every mainline entry to keep things fresh.

Both Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2 sold 5 million units, and that figure only includes what they sold on PlayStation. If we were to include PC, Saturn for Resident Evil and PC, Nintendo 64 for Resident Evil 2 the sales would nearly be on par with the latest instalments in the series.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Resident Evil 5-6 don't count the PC version either. So while RE was doing really well when it was on PS1, it didn't hit its peak until 4-5-6.

wolflink

Banned
When the title was revealed at the end of the E3 gameplay, I literally grasped what little hair I have on my head and gaped in horror at my monitor. Between this and the lack of an Evil Within 2 reveal, I am pretty bummed out.

Freaking sick to my stomach over this, haha. This is coming from someone who actually has Alien Isolation as my personal GOTY for 2014. So it's not that this style of game can't be great, but I definitely didn't want RE to go first person. Whew, I need to simmer down over here, lol.

I kind of hated the forced AI companion that has been around since RE5, so I guess I should be happy that it's returning to a solo experience. But I still don't understand why they didn't try to go back to a more RE4 type of approach.

Oh well, I will keep an eye on this game since I am so attached to the series, but as of right now I feel almost gutted by this reveal. Obviously being a little dramatic, but I was looking forward to this reveal and it wasn't anything like I expected it to be.

I was watching with my wife, and the VII at the end confused us, then came the resident evil and both went nuts.

I was very surprised in a good way.

Good for sony and capcom.
And i m just waiting for the demo.

Still no demo...

13466180_10202000270404229_5522807073714552799_n.jpg

I mean it's going to be a big fuck up if it ain't following the footsteps of one of the best remakes ever made.
That was made by a dream team that is half gone by now and had the series creator Mikami.

This is a Capcom that we are talking about here now that is releasing a freaking multiplayer shooter and remasters to celebrate the 20th anniversary of one of their most popular franchise and to top it, they completely reboot the already established successful formula of Resident Evil.

I was disappointed after playing it at first but after reading the thread there is much more going on. But I still don't know why it's a Resident Evil game, the only connection seems to be its inventory.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if this is any help, but I couldn't find the game anywhere on the AU store, including search, until I looked on the demos page itself. Probably old news.

DVCY201

I love Leon, but they either need to give him a rest fir a bit or do a Chris level of development to him. Same with Ada.

Jill is primed to be back, so hopefully she drops in.

The voice on the phone sounded similar to Jill, but that's my wishful thinking; fingers crossed

Inspector Q

I was watching with my wife, and the VII at the end confused us, then came the resident evil and both went nuts.

I was very surprised in a good way.

Good for sony and capcom.
And i m just waiting for the demo.

Hah, I wish I had the same reaction. I went nuts alright, but it was more like *throws monitor through the window* nuts.

Still not sure what adding the RE brand to this game actually does for it other than increase it's sales, obviously. But we will see, I guess.

I sort of despise the episode structures in the recent titles, so hopefully this game's aren't as...gamey as those have been.

Also, ffs retain post game unlocks without having to grind to earn what already was earned (looking at you Revelations 2).

Top Bottom