• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

I finally found a little info on the song in the trailer. Its an old folk song called, "Go Tell Aunt Rhody." Still no idea who does this version. Some were guessing Lorde, but I don't know about that.

Veal

I'm actually glad to see this change. While I loved 4, 5, and 6, the formula and story had started to get so far away from Resident Evil. The series was due for this kind of change imo. The characters were all too strong combat wise and the feeling of dread and mystery were all but gone in 5 and 6. A return to a "resident evil" was needed.

hughesta

Banned
RE needed a switchup. Whether this ends up good or bad it's really exciting to see Capcom experimenting and trying out new things. Even if this ends up not being a great 'Resident Evil' game, I think people should be excited to try out something new. There seems to be more to this game than just "walk/run/hide," so I wish people would give it a chance.

ZERO1990

Neo Member
I honestly don't know what to say. I always liked RE for what it was up until 6 with RE:R and the remakes and remasters despite of all those changes and bumpy trips it had. But this.. is RE in name only. Could turn out to be a good game, but it's not RE whatsoever. (Unless it's a spin-off, which it isn't).

That was made by a dream team that is half gone by now and had the series creator Mikami.

This is a Capcom that we are talking about here now that is releasing a freaking multiplayer shooter and remasters to celebrate the 20th anniversary of one of their most popular franchise and to top it, they completely reboot the already established successful formula of Resident Evil.

Hey now, stranger things have happened. Like DOOM turning out to be an incredible game after a decade of being development hell. I mean hey, if they decided to take this monumental task just to fuck it up then by all means lol. I'd love to see the reactions.

Keihart

So I initially saw this trailer on mute on a second screen while watching the cavs warriors game. I thought it looked fantastic! Loved the new direction and focused horror themes. Afterwards I watched it again with volume on my tv and I have to say, I was disappointed. The visual fidelity doesn't look as convincing as PT was and that music was an odd off-putting choice. I almost turned the trailer off before the end. I am still optimistic, but definitely got my excitement knocked down a peg.

Loved the music , reminded me of the Aschford twins tape on code Veronica or the opening in Rule of Rose.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
So it is not a RE game, even though we are back to exploring a mansion, puzzles, horror aspect and a solo player game, just like the classic REs. Wow.

RE needed a switchup. Whether this ends up good or bad it's really exciting to see Capcom experimenting and trying out new things. Even if this ends up not being a great 'Resident Evil' game, I think people should be excited to try out something new. There seems to be more to this game than just "walk/run/hide," so I wish people would give it a chance.

Haven't played it and remain hopeful that we'll get a peek at the greater game behind the curtain, but I can see where the disappointment is coming from looking at the reactions from all sides.

Part of it is the comparison to PT. When watching the E3 footage, especially not knowing anything about Kitchen, the reveal was fantastic. It upset expectations with a small piece of a quite foreboding presentaction. However, unlike PT, the cat was out of the bag. The expectation is up front now that this is a RE game, rather than some mystery to find out what it is.

And then suddenly it's nothing like RE in either traditional sense. Only one element, puzzles, is involved that has been absent in the modern installments, and nothing like the classic ones. The combat and perspective have also changed completely with no transition. Re6 fans especially are in for a world of hurt. As for other aspects that seem similar, it takes more than a setting to nail the feel of a game.

Throw in no obvious combat, no solid ties to past games to engage players, and fast "completion", it's doing at least a poor job at selling RE7's gameplay. At most, and worse, it's indicating most if not all what to expect out of the game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My god it's finally up on the US store

Rean

Finally found it on the store for US. If anyone else can't find it you have to search (resident) and go down the list until you see the deluxe edition.

Top Bottom