• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

I don't think I'll ever be able to play this. Previous RE games were already too stressful/scary for me but putting it in 1st person and possibly even VR will probably actually kill me if I try to play it. I was feeling pretty on edge watching it but as soon as the person/zombie walked down the hall past the open door I was just like "nope not a fucking chance"

Making the VII part of the word "Evil" is brilliant as fuck though.

Astral

This looked great. Just not Resident Evil. I don't know what to think. It's not RE without the cheesy-ass characters I know and love.

I don't really know what to think about it. It looks dark scary and well detailed, but if it's a survival horror game in the same vein as Amnesia, I won't play it. I don't get any enjoyment playing games where I have no way to defend myself and have to hide from everyone and everything in order to avoid insta-death. There's nothing wrong with that kind of game...it's just not for me.

But that was the first trailer. I won't really have a full reaction to it until they show the game play demo later, so I'll just stand on the fence for right now. It's a good looking trailer that's for sure.

Mr. RPG

Resident Evil is a game of tense inventory management, and where you make difficult choices about when to run and when to fight. Even the newer games kept this while moving to more action oriented gameplay. Right now, this seems to be a "hide and seek" game ala Outlast, with no combat, no boss fights, no inventory management, nothing that makes RE RE. Like I said, I'll try the demo, and I hope I'm wrong, but this isn't what I wanted, and I couldn't be more disappointed.

Believe. :(

Preemptive response to Larson Conway's shitthread - I don't believe that RE7 is 'mainly a vr game', the fact that it can be played without a VR headset and is being demoed without a headset should say as much on its own. so I don't think people who aren't planning on getting a headset should be worrying too much about a compromised experience.

kc44135

I don't remember any of that in RE5/6, pretty sure I killed everything that moved without worrying much at all about my inventory.

You and I didn't play the same games then. The RE5 and 6 I played had limited inventory slots, and forced to decide between picking up ammo, healing items, weapons, etc. Yes, ammo was more plentiful than previous games, but it was still a factor, as was inventory management and combat.

hemo memo

You can't die before your death
Resident Evil is a game of tense inventory management, and where you make difficult choices about when to run and when to fight. Even the newer games kept this while moving to more action oriented gameplay. Right now, this seems to be a "hide and seek" game ala Outlast, with no combat, no boss fights, no inventory management, nothing that makes RE RE. Like I said, I'll try the demo, and I hope I'm wrong, but this isn't what I wanted, and I couldn't be more disappointed.

Exactly this. This is not going back to horror. This is a hide and seak cheap walking simulator we want something for VR looking game.

Nemesis_

I don't remember any of that in RE5/6, pretty sure I killed everything that moved without worrying much at all about my inventory.

I'm playing Resident Evil 6 right now and I think that Chris' campaign is, weirdly enough, the most "survival" of them all. I'm always scrounging for ammo.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Wtf is this! Lol this is not I came to expect from Resident Evil and I don't think this is what the fans wanted...But hey Resident Evil is not my property so I guess Capcom can do what it wants with it

Leopard

RE7 isn't going to be like it was in the old generation or new generation, it will be different to what we have accustomed to. It's going back to it's "old roots" by scare/intense factor but in a different style. They knew the "new" generation wasn't well received and were disappointed by the feedback by the fans.

It's going to be good...

Preemptive response to Larson Conway's shitthread - I don't believe that RE7 is 'mainly a vr game', the fact that it can be played without a VR headset and is being demoed without a headset should say as much on its own. so I don't think people who aren't planning on getting a headset should be worrying too much about a compromised experience.

So. Much. Fucking. Kneejerk.

Oh shit this is so my kinda horror game. I have kinda fallen off after not liking 5, but this looks like something completely different to get me back. I have my eyes on this one.

Tight logo too.

kunonabi

From what I've gathered,

Fans of the classic games...HYPED!!!

Fans of the newer games...DISAPPOINTED!!

I want to bottle the tears of the RE6 fans.

:D

This is the game that's gonna make me buy a ps4 and vr headset. Soooooo effing stoked.

I wouldn't go that far. I think it looks terrible honestly. Nothing of what made the old games fun is going to translate to first-person.

Bet it's just a PT style playable teaser and the full game is completely different. Like when you play it there will probably be clues that hint who you are playing as. I bet it's going to be lots of fun misleading shit that we have to figure out.

Exactly this. This is not going back to horror. This is a hide and seak cheap walking simulator we want something for VR looking game.
How the fuck do you two come to that conclusion? Just because they didn't show any gunplay in the teaser? Seriously? This is fucking ridiculous.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
http://www.capcom-unity.com/timturi...-evil-7-biohazard-ushers-in-a-new-era-of-fear

There are some new information on Resident Evil 7 from capcom-unity

new proprietary in-house RE Engine that includes VR oriented tools.

Resident Evil 7 is set after the events of Resident Evil 6, taking place in modern day and revolving around a foreboding, derelict plantation mansion in rural America. Players must explore and survive the horrors within the mysterious, sprawling estate.

Courageous PS4 owners can get a taste of this exciting new chapter of the Resident Evil series by downloading the “Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour” demo. This free demo of Resident Evil 7 is available exclusively to all PlayStation Plus subscribers at this time, and offers a sense of the intense and terrifying experience awaiting you. We don’t want to spoil your time playing Beginning Hour by offering too many details, so start your download now and prepare to face your fears.

Pre-orders for North America via the PlayStation Store are available starting today and come with the exclusive Resident Evil 7 dynamic PS4 theme. True survivalists who pre-order the Standard or Digital Deluxe version of Resident Evil 7 will receive the Survival Pack, which includes an early unlock to the hardest difficulty mode as well as a special item set when the game releases. Pre-orders for Xbox One and PC will be available soon.

The Resident Evil saga started 20 years ago with the launch of the 1996 original, and this exciting new evolution makes now the perfect time to be a fan. Experiencing the exploration and immersive atmosphere in the new, unnervingly intimate first-person view of Resident Evil 7 is guaranteed to be the stuff of nightmares when the game releases for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 24, 2017.

kc44135

We didn't play the same games then. The RE5 and 6 I played had limited inventory slots, and forced to carefully consider what you needed to bring with you. It was absolutely still a part to thasoe games, even if ammo was more plentiful. Also, they still had combat, something the series has had from the very first entry. Now that seems to have all been thrown out the window for a P.T. clone. Hope I'm wrong. Guess we'll see soon.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Any way to grab this on the app? My girlfriend keeps telling me about her day lol
most definitely lol

There's no way I can pull this off without trouble.

dcx4610

Yes, it looks like a PT rip-off but still major props to Capcom for reinventing the series. It looks awesome and it'll be terrifying to play in VR. Great trailer song too.

The fact that it's FIRST PERSON. Just no. It's not about that they went back to horror... it's this FPS bullshit. Get out.

This entirely new reboot is bullshit and yet it's still called RE7? How the fuck?

No old characters?
No multiplayer?
Mercenaries?
Anything related to RE at all? Inventory, herbs etc

It's a brand new game slapped on with the RE title on it.

Sorry but nope.

Top Bottom