• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 - New Gameplay Videos & Articles

tumblr_n9t6i2po4o1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Brilliant

Fisty

One thing that has me worried is how much the game takes control of the camera, i.e. dude turning you around when you get caught in the demo, or this gif where you get hit and fall to the floor. That can't be too good for VR feels. I hope they have the comfort stuff worked out, I'll be fine but I can imagine there will be some upset tummies out there if the camera is getting whipped around by the game

anyone else worried about a possible delay of RE7? it seems too close to delay it at this point but you never know. and the guys at Kinda Funny are so sure this will be delayed it has me scared. i don't mind a delay to make the game better, but its soooo close to release.

Anything's possible, but I don't see it happening. Capcom's been pretty confident in the January 24th release date throughout this year. And Resident Evil 6's launch was actually moved up by a number of weeks, so I feel pretty good about this game coming next month.

bidguy

Banned
the shooting looks awful but everything else is nice. im surprised they actually go down survival again. makes me excited for remake2

I cant believe there are some people out there who refuse to see greatness.

I always knew RE7 was going to be huge! Then you have people saying..

"sorry, this is not RE, I don't care"

Are you serious now!!!????

Jawmuncher

I cant believe there are some people out there who refuse to see greatness.

I always knew RE7 was going to be huge! Then you have people saying..

"sorry, this is not RE, I don't care"

Are you serious now!!!????
Different people want different things out of RE. Some RE fans only played 4-6

dlauv

Which video do I watch for combat? The first minute of the first one is literally a walking simulator.

Wow, a whole minute? You've never done that in RE before.

All of them use the same B-roll footage given to them by Capcom. All of them have bits of combat.

I'm shocked that the game actually plays/looks like the demo.
I didn't see that one coming, especially when Japan does not like FPS that much.

Roni

I just can't take you seriously if you say 4 damaged the brand. that is just wrong in many ways

Resident Evil 4 was a very good action game (at the time) and a very important release for the TPS genre today.

But it totally shat on what RE stood for at the time.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Seems a bit unfair to criticize Capcom for sticking with 4's formula for its next installments when it was both a critical and commercial smash and influenced so many other games?

myco666

Watched only that GamesRadar video since I assume all them go over pretty much the same stuff and I have one thing specific for them. Fuck off with the "the damage RE5 and RE6 did to the brand". If those games damaged the brand then so did RE4, Revelations 1 and Revelations 2.

Game is looking good but that combat doesn't look too hot. Hoping it is more fun when playing than when watching it.

Mit-

Seems a bit unfair to criticize Capcom for sticking with 4's formula for its next installments when it was both a critical and commercial smash and influenced so many other games?

It is, and I think Capcom is going to question their decision with this game ultimately fails to live up to the commercial success of games like 4 and 5.

Not to say this will be a bad game. RE7 looks like a great game. I just mourn the loss of the 4-6 formula (always had a blast playing it with a particular buddy online), and super scary horror games stress me out and aren't usually a great time. The audience is undoubtedly smaller than that of the action-oriented titles.

Does anyone know if RE7 is connected in any way with the previous RE universe? Or nothing? Any Umbrella? Raccoon City outbreak? Is it even based off of a viral infection or is it straight up paranormal? Are there any strong characters (not physically but, good characters that stand out) that could appear in MvC4? :|

Spinky

It is, and I think Capcom is going to question their decision with this game ultimately fails to live up to the commercial success of games like 4 and 5.

Not to say this will be a bad game. RE7 looks like a great game. I just mourn the loss of the 4-6 formula (always had a blast playing it with a particular buddy online), and super scary horror games stress me out and aren't usually a great time. The audience is undoubtedly smaller than that of the action-oriented titles.

Does anyone know if RE7 is connected in any way with the previous RE universe? Or nothing? Any Umbrella? Raccoon City outbreak? Is it even based off of a viral infection or is it straight up paranormal? Are there any strong characters (not physically but, good characters that stand out) that could appear in MvC4? :|

The story takes place after 6. I think that's about all we know.

As for MvC4 characters, not really. Most likely candidate is Jack, the main hillbilly guy. And I support that shit.

gconsole

I am curious as to how big this house is? The picture I saw made it look really small compared to the original mansion... but when you see the gameplay there are all of these locales. It makes me wonder if the mansion/ house is only a small part of the overall game in terms of playable area.

Have you ever play RE? Because this is a very weird question... Was there any RE that stay in the same place through out the game?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Not to say this will be a bad game. RE7 looks like a great game. I just mourn the loss of the 4-6 formula (always had a blast playing it with a particular buddy online), and super scary horror games stress me out and aren't usually a great time.

Does anyone know if RE7 is connected in any way with the previous RE universe? Or nothing? Any Umbrella? Raccoon City outbreak? Is it even based off of a viral infection or is it straight up paranormal?

RE7 takes place after the events of RE6, Capcom is being tight-lipped on the full details but have been adamant it is connected to the series storyline. Famitsu revealed in an article that a few classic RE characters will appear in RE7 on-top of that.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
i am absolutely loving everything i am seeing and hearing, especially regarding the backtracking and lack of tutorializing. my biggest surprise (especially from a japanese dev) is that it doesn't look like they do any 'blinking' or 'skipping' when you turn in vr like they do in Here They Lie or White Day. vr doesn't make me motion sick so i appreciate that they're going for maximum immersion here.

Watched only that GamesRadar video since I assume all them go over pretty much the same stuff and I have one thing specific for them. Fuck off with the "the damage RE5 and RE6 did to the brand". If those games damaged the brand then so did RE4, Revelations 1 and Revelations 2.

Game is looking good but that combat doesn't look too hot. Hoping it is more fun when playing than when watching it.

RE6 absolutely damaged the brand. There's a reason Capcom completely changed course for this game. It's great if you love that game, but it doesn't change reality.

Draft

Resident Evil finally gets 60 FPS and it's got no running and very few enemies. SMH. I'm ready to love this game but I'm just not sure strolling through a derelict house solving birdcage puzzles is going to cut it.

Neiteio

RE7 sounds extremely promising for what it is, but it still sucks to give up the exquisite action, attractive characters and cheesy camp of recent installments. Action RE is my soap opera... I hope we'll see more of it with a Revelations 3.

Resident Evil 4 was a very good action game (at the time) and a very important release for the TPS genre today.

But it totally shat on what RE stood for at the time.

Tbf, what RE stood for before RE4 was really stale at the time.

Remember RE0 came out before it, the weakest old school RE game.

It was a good change for the time, it got worse later on though.

Miroku129

Dude...

dlauv

Resident Evil finally gets 60 FPS and it's got no running and very few enemies

There is some sprinting in the videos. It's important to note that this is B-roll footage, meaning that it's likely dramatized gameplay and not indicative of how a player will actually play.

fritzo

RE7 sounds extremely promising for what it is, but it still sucks to give up the exquisite action, attractive characters and cheesy camp of recent installments. Action RE is my soap opera... I hope we'll see more of it with a Revelations 3.

exactly that Revelations 3. Capcom has that in their back pocket. Along with any other Remakes. Resident Evil isn't just the mainline games anymore it seems. So for those that won't play RE7, there are other choices.

Jawmuncher

I still think the story will have its moments. They mention at one point Ethan goes "who makes these fucking puzzles?".

But it's definitely looking like he'll be the weakest main hero we have had in a long time. Since he's supposed to represent the player.

exactly that Revelations 3. Capcom has that in their back pocket. Along with any other Remakes. Resident Evil isn't just the mainline games anymore it seems. So for those that won't play RE7, there are other choices.

There are "hopefully" other choices. We have no confirmation on anything but RE2make. If that's classic style, then there's gonna be quite a wait on action again.

Hopefully it'll not have the budget of a happy meal like Rev 2 had.

If Umbrella Corp releasing this year is anything to take note of. I'm sure we haven't seen the end of Action RE

Personally, I would love a Standalone Allstars Mercenaries game.

100% agree----The sad thing is that the revelations games usually have a cheese sandwich budget :(
you know the ones that they give you when you forget your lunch-card at school?

;_;

myco666

RE6 absolutely damaged the brand. There's a reason Capcom completely changed course for this game. It's great if you love that game, but it doesn't change reality.

Well yeah 6 might have damaged the brand. I am way more upset about people constantly shitting up on 5 when it is just RE4 but better in everyway. And even then both of those are best selling Capcom games so 5 definitely didn't damage the brand.

What? All of those are inferior to 5 so obviously they should have damaged the brand also.

Top Bottom