• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

OneTruth

Banned
Update 1.3.3

Patch Notes:

• Fixed an issue where certain Trophies might not unlock under specific gameplay conditions. Note: missing Trophies will need to be replayed to unlock.
  • Multiple stability fixes addressing rare crashes/hangs.
  • Fixed issue with pre-order suits occasionally blocking item collection and door opening.
  • Fixed incorrect healing behaviour when resting in Helios.
  • Configuration changes to increase the number of scout corpses available in all biomes.
  • Fixed issues with certain custom controller mappings.
  • Numerous minor fixes and improvements.

Last edited:

Luipadre

• Fixed an issue where certain Trophies might not unlock under specific gameplay conditions. Note: missing Trophies will need to be replayed to unlock.
  • Multiple stability fixes addressing rare crashes/hangs.
  • Fixed issue with pre-order suits occasionally blocking item collection and door opening.
  • Fixed incorrect healing behaviour when resting in Helios.
  • Configuration changes to increase the number of scout corpses available in all biomes.
  • Fixed issues with certain custom controller mappings.
  • Numerous minor fixes and improvements
Online corpse fix yes!

Ogbert

Gold Member
So the weapon traits don't count as "real" meta progression in your opinion?

Or the monolith in the beginning which you can feed with ether to unlock new consumables and / or artifacts.
I’d say they are the rogue like elements, but they’re still rng based. You don’t upgrade your character in any meaningful way. As you suggest, the only permanent stuff is the gun traits.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Totally RNG, in terms of room layout. Some runs had room after room of lockdowns, large mobs, and no healing/ item / weapon pick ups in between. It definitely needs looking at.

It’s weird to have something feel so difficult for a good few hours- and then turn into an absolute cake walk.

Yeah hoping some balancing happens.. and a real save feature.

Then I'm in... that's the beauty of loving singleplayer games and not giving 2 shits about "story".. there really is no reason not to jump in until they are more polished.

Last edited:
I had a such hectic day at work so I just could bring myself to play Returnal and instead swinged around in Spiderman MM 😅

Glad that I can use the yellow ass suit now after the patch. Maybe it will help me overcome the difficulty ahead.

Playing Dark Souls 3 even in Ringed City feels relaxing after Returnal.. (maybe I exaggerated a bit.)

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Indeed they did. You can’t repeat healings (exiting and entering the ship to heal). You can only heal once per run.

💀
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Bartski

Gold Member
What does this mean?
gzfxwn6.jpg

the avenge player mechanic is in the game post-patch (final moments hologram, you can choose to fight or scavenge), so this might be the hostile version.

But the patch also it also BREAKS YOUR SAVE and deletes it. I have a cloud backup from yesterday evening, SO LUCKY I've had it unsynced

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I need tips for biome 3. Robots are destroying me. Best weapons?

I'm stuck at stage3. Those robots are freaking tanky and hit like tank. Seeking help!! :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

I would say shift from running to sprinting to avoid their extremely fast rockets, but better is get them around obstacles to use them as cover. I go with hollowseeker but seems like a rocket launcher is the best for them according to others, but I would still go with hollowseeker especially if you have the perks unlocked.

DJTaurus

Keep the console warring trash out of OTs.
Quick Resume of 5 Games Vs Set your PS5 auto-update off to keep your run. #facepalm

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I'd love to see the post-mortem on how that happened.. last-minute code check-in someone did that wasn't vetted? Or maybe their QA setup is doing something funky w/ saves, which would make sense.. they'd want QA to be able to modify save files to be able to test various conditions without having to RNG them.. so perhaps the QA modified saves don't have this issue, or maybe their saves are always re-generated for them with some tool.

/random rambling programmer thoughts

Darak

Holy shit, the update really breaks your save. Throws a save error repeatedly during play (every time you unlock or find something new) and it looks like it fails to read or update your save file. I'm not sure what you lose exactly, but I'd recommend not updating the game or not playing until they release a hotfix (which I hope they do ASAP).

It SEEMS like I didn't lose all my progress (at least I restarted and I think I still had my unlocks) but I'm not touching this until they release a fix.

Luipadre

Patch 1.3.3 has been pulled and we are reverting back to 1.3.1 until it's fixed. We are fixing the issue now and a new patch will be published in a few hours All users affected by the 1.3.3 need to re-download the game. Our sincerest apologies.

decisions

If you updated the game and nothing bad happened immediately are you good? For me all this did was fix my game so I can finally find other player’s corpses and use the avenge mechanic.

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
Infected Scouts are working. The ones that turn into an enemy and then there's the ones you can avenge by using Ether.

Top Bottom