• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP SONY! Bloodborne finally running at exactly 1 (on) FPS on PC! (Good hunters get ITT!!!)

Three

Yes, it is. Most people who want to play Bloodborne remastered have already played it. The majority of people wouldn’t skip a game just for that reason. It’s 7 years old. Ain’t no new fan avoided playing the game for that long.
I think you're underestimating the amount of port begging happening disguised as not wanting to play it at 30fps.

Hrk69

Gold Member
Just play the game you want to play and stop worrying about pixels and frames. It's a waste of time.
Ow I've played it, and as you said: it's fine once you get used to it. I even bought a Switch yesterday knowing that most games run at 30 fps.

But this doesn't mean it can't get better. The game is stuck on old hardware and adding 30 frames is going to make a huge difference.

More frames = better. This goes for every game out there. You are just gatekeeping if you think the game should be played @30fps.

Plus, I'm not worrying. I know this game is going to be remastered/remade, it's a given at this point. The only question is when.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I think you're underestimating the amount of port begging happening disguised as not wanting to play it at 30fps.
I'm sure there are lots of them, just like there are lots of us who have played the game to death and just want it to run and look smooth.

We just want a patch that uncaps the fps and a resolution boost. Hell, even the resolution boost isn't mandatory. Is that too much to ask for?

SpokkX

Well if Sony does not do it - this seems like a great way to replay Bloodborne in 6 months or so....

The Ps5 version not only runs at 30fps - it has uneven framepacing making the game stutter all over the place. Yes it is unplayable today

spons

Gold Member
Those load numbers are insane, there's so much room to breath on his system. Seems like you can play PS4 games on much less expensive hardware as well.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
200+ fps?

We're gonna have graphics and texture mods for this shit in no time. The remaster is coming home.
I'm excited to see if we'll get to play and enjoy all the content that was originally cut from the game that's still in the game's files.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Do you think people want a version to keep playing at 1080p, bad performances, terrible chromatic aberration, no mod, paid online, etc, etc...???

It's a bit amusing that PS4 emulation would be less taxing on the CPU vs PS3 emulation. I get why, but it's still funny.
I don't doubt PS5 emulation will be also less taxing than PS3.

Last edited:

Famipan

As I mentioned before it runs great on PS5 + LG C1 on Normal Picture Mode with motion smoothing enabled + 15-20 Sharpening added.

There’s no perceived added input lag and the fake 60fps makes the game much easier and fun.
Once I switch back to Game Mode it looks like a grey choppy chromatic abomination!

Last edited:

Three

Do you think people want a version to keep playing at 1080p, bad performances, terrible chromatic aberration, no mod, paid online, etc, etc...???

I don't doubt PS5 emulation will be also less taxing than PS3.
I don't see the relevance. I'm disputing whether the majority of people are in fact in the "keep playing" category rather than the "refuse to play on" category. Not that there aren't ways to improve the experience for those who want to keep playing.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I don't see the relevance. I'm disputing whether the majority of people are in fact in the "keep playing" category rather than the "refuse to play on" category. Not that there aren't ways to improve the experience for those who want to keep playing.
There are people that have gazillions of other games to play that don't perform like shit and looks like poop that they don't bother replaying/playing this and put it down the list.

Three

There are people that have gazillions of other games to play that don't perform like shit and looks like poop that they don't bother replaying/playing this and put it down the list.
Their loss. It doesn't perform like poop. Its a pretty constant 30fps, nor does it look like poop. It would be like refusing to play Ocarina of time until emulators were made. Their choice but silly in my view. Nobody would be playing Elden Ring either if looking and performing bad was an issue.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Their loss. It doesn't perform like poop. Its a pretty constant 30fps, nor does it look like poop. It would be like refusing to play Ocarina of time until emulators were made. Their choice but silly in my view. Nobody would be playing Elden Ring either if looking and performing bad was an issue.
30fps always were shit and stink even more with bad frame pacing. Stuck to 1080p (and no ultrawide) with the terrible CA makes look like poop, yes.

Last edited:

LimanimaPT

Well if Sony does not do it - this seems like a great way to replay Bloodborne in 6 months or so....

The Ps5 version not only runs at 30fps - it has uneven framepacing making the game stutter all over the place. Yes it is unplayable today
I've played the game, had a blast with it and had no issues at all. How come it is unplayable?

Aesius

Interested to see what kind of mods are released for it over the coming months. I'd love a freecam or boss rush mod.

mrcroket

As I mentioned before it runs great on PS5 + LG C1 on Normal Picture Mode with motion smoothing enabled + 15-20 Sharoening added.

There’s no perceived added input lag and the fake 60fps makes the game much easier and fun.
Once I switch back to Game Mode it looks like a grey choppy chromatic abomination!
tenor.gif

Holammer

Plenty of people, me included joked how the clock is ticking for Sony/From to release Bloodborne on PC.
As I was pondering what others games would be interesting to see emulated, I noticed how Gran Turismo 7 also came on the system and I wouldn't be surprised if configuration edits like Illusion's PS5 patches for PS4 games can enable longer view distance/LODs, billboard density, turn off checker-boarding, enable motion blur and God knows what.
If you read this Sony, kick GT7 out the door screaming with a stealth drop.

Here are some other games I thought about, any good ones I missed? Like lesser known smaller indie stuff.

- Dreams
- Astro bot Rescue Mission
- Ratchet & Clank 2016
- The Order 1886
- Gravity Rush 1-2
- Everybody's Golf
- Crash Team Racing
- Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
- Killzone: Shadow Fall.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Plenty of people, me included joked how the clock is ticking for Sony/From to release Bloodborne on PC.
As I was pondering what others games would be interesting to see emulated, I noticed how Gran Turismo 7 also came on the system and I wouldn't be surprised if configuration edits like Illusion's PS5 patches for PS4 games can enable longer view distance/LODs, billboard density, turn off checker-boarding, enable motion blur and God knows what.
If you read this Sony, kick GT7 out the door screaming with a stealth drop.

Here are some other games I thought about, any good ones I missed? Like lesser known smaller indie stuff.

- Dreams
- Astro bot Rescue Mission
- Ratchet & Clank 2016
- The Order 1886
- Gravity Rush 1-2
- Everybody's Golf
- Crash Team Racing
- Fist of the North Star
- Lost Paradise
- Killzone: Shadow Fall.

Shadow of the Colossus remake. The Last Guardian. Resogun.

SNG32

With the amount of progress shadps4 is going I wouldn’t be surprised by a year from now they have 50 percent of PS4 games running.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
I think it’s criminal that BB isn’t on PC and still without a PS5 patch to increase FPS & resolution. I literally want to press charges. No excuse.

Sony, instead of patching it on PS Pro or PS5, is pushing Concord. The game that took 8 years to make supposedly. It's almost been 10 years since Bloodborne. Sony forgot about it.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Can it play Shadow of the Colossus remake or Driveclub?

They are focusing too much on a single game, I've seen PRs that harcoded conditions or that made changes to make Bloodborne run "better" (aka, less glitchy) but broke other games. Not totally sure how they will be able to spread to multiple games without a solid fixture of automatic tests.

Top Bottom