• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stan's backhand

url

John Dunbar

correct about everything
How is it stupid to not change something that NO ONE is complaining about?

The complaints of bitter fans sitting at home don't count.

i don't care what anyone else is or is not complaining about. none of that has anything to do with how silly it is to still go running after marks in the dirt.

but the most important reason why it should be changed is because it would be more fair. whatever margin of error hawkeye has, it will always make the same call. a different umpire on a different day might see something different in the same mark. hawkeye levels the playing field. plus it saves time when the umpire doesn't have to run down and possibly argue with the players.

Kensuke

Wawrinka is definitely the better player this second set, but he just can't seem to convert a break point. This usually ends up biting the player in the ass.

MIMIC

Banned
i don't care what anyone else is or is not complaining about. none of that has anything to do with how silly it is to still go running after marks in the dirt.

but the most important reason why it should be changed is because it would be more fair. whatever margin of error hawkeye has, it will always make the same call. a different umpire on a different day might see something different in the same mark. hawkeye levels the playing field. plus it saves time when the umpire doesn't have to run down and possibly argue with the players.

Please don't make an argument about "fairness". Like really. Stop.

The ONLY reason people are whining is because a call went against Wawrinka.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Please don't make an argument about "fairness". Like really. Stop.

The ONLY reason people are whining is because a call went against Wawrinka.

i have been whining about hawkeye not being used on clay for as long as it has been used (before in this thread as well if you care to look), so save me the persecution act. and about people too silly to understand humans are more liable to make mistakes than hawkeye ever will be. therefore, yes, it is more fair.

MIMIC

Banned
i have been whining about the lack of hawkeye not being used on clay for as long as it has been used (before in this thread as well if you care to look), so save me the persecution act. and about people too silly to understand humans are more liable to make mistakes than hawkeye ever will be. therefore, yes, it is more fair.

Enough mistakes to warrant a change? No.

1 mistake out of a million does not justify a change because Hawkeye itself is not perfect.

Deadman

Someone call the trainer, I'm sure Djokovic is about to be injured.

Crowd booed Djokovic slamming his racquet btw, not Stan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom