• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
a good one-handed backhand is so sexy

I tried switching to one-handed when I played tennis as a kid, couldn't do it

Ophiuchus

Banned

I mean Wawrinka didn't even care about match between Novak-Murray (while he was having fun during his workout ) why would he even take the last workout so seriously.It was "game,sets and mats" which mentioned that detail and I think it was not that significant.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
what a shock here.

"what happened there," the commentators ask. what happened was giving break points in three of his four service games and not playing tsonga.

zroid

Banned
I mean Wawrinka didn't even care about match between Novak-Murray (while he was having fun during his workout ) why would he even take the last workout so seriously.It was "game,sets and mats" which mentioned that detail and I think it was not that significant.

I'm not sure what you're talking about lol

I think Diprosalic was just saying the set and a half Novak played yesterday would not really affect his performance today

c710cea9-18de-4a38-ae92-e6fafcd3080b_800.jpg

sam777

Fucking bullshit, should be on serve, hopefully the ITF look at using Hawkeye on clay now as I have seen a number of decisions that were incorrect these last two weeks.

On another news, our First Minister just confirmed that the contract for the expansion of the stadium (roof etc) had been signed.
Work will start soon.
Fucking finally.

MIMIC

Banned
LOL, what are you all crying about? The mark is used on ALL clay tournament, not just RG.

Please stop with the "lol needless tradition" argument.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
LOL, what are you all crying about? The mark is used on ALL clay tournament, not just RG.

Please stop with the "lol needless tradition" argument.

it is a needless tradition in clay court tennis as a whole, not just roland garros. but those who decide for the french open are obviously the biggest influence on clay tennis in general.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
It has worked since forever, but a point doesn't go your way and now we need to change the system.

Not a great reason.

not having hawkeye worked for tennis for well over a century. you don't change it because of one point, you change it because it's better and because it wasn't possible before.

MIMIC

Banned
not having hawkeye worked for tennis for well over a century. you don't change it because of one point, you change it because it's better and because it wasn't possible before.

The ball leaves a mark on clay. Not on grass. Not on hard. So hawkeye is used on grass and hard. It's not that difficult of a concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom