• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroman

Banned
Meh i think people just boo everyone that gets leaked as a winner on the internet, it was the same for Batista last year, and that is kinda stupid. And to tell the truth after the triple thread and Brock getting hit by infinite finishers and objects him Vs Bryan with a possible clean Bryan win wouldn't be the most believable thing, while Reigns might have all the problems in the world but he does look able to take Lesnar at least....

This is wrestling

Meh i think people just boo everyone that gets leaked as a winner on the internet, it was the same for Batista last year, and that is kinda stupid. And to tell the truth after the triple thread and Brock getting hit by infinite finishers and objects him Vs Bryan with a possible clean Bryan win wouldn't be the most believable thing, while Reigns might have all the problems in the world but he does look able to take Lesnar at least....

Yup. Everyone in the crowd would have booed Bryan and Ambrose if it was "leaked" on internet they would win. No one would have bought Bryan against Lesnar. It's all about SIZE.

#Vincelogic

Philly is such a shithole. They boo every fucking thing on planet earth. Good for Reigns, I think him and Brock will have a great physical match at Mania.

I swear I bet some of you are actually Vince's lackey's who tells him what he wants to hear everyday.

And have a GAF account too.

Foggy

The Rumble finish was legit terrible. Honestly though, I couldn't care less if Roman deserves it or not. He's not the worst decision in the world and he's a decent wrestler. The company makes terrible decisions and should be taken to task, but the smarks are incredibly obnoxious and reacting like petulant children. This promotion and its fans deserve each other. We all knew what was going to happen, the people who bought tickets all knew what was going to happen, but they still fork over their money just so they can mercilessly boo? Fuck a duck.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Once upon a time, it seemed there was at least a shred of hope from the mere fact that Cena does age like everyone else, and will eventually have to step aside.

Seems like that last bit of hope is fading away, as they somehow find a younger, even worse wrestler to take Cena's place as the next superman.

B8P13uQCEAAHNf9.jpg:large

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
WWE is so greedy that it makes them fucking dumb. They should not have brought Bryan back for the Rumble. They don't want him to be the man, but they know he can draw something so they bring him back because they know there are people who will watch in hopes that Bryan win. They think the most obviously booked guy since Cena in Reigns can take that exposure and do something with it. It is like they don't realize the character Reigns plays sucks and that he can't wrestle and blows up 5 minutes into his matches.

Its the same problem as with whoring out Rock's pop to Reigns. They used Bryan's legitimate shot at winning to get you to watch Reigns win. They're just piggybacking everyone else's popularity to shove Reigns down your throat, apparently because he has big muscles.

WWE is so greedy that it makes them fucking dumb. They should not have brought Bryan back for the Rumble. They don't want him to be the man, but they know he can draw something so they bring him back because they know there are people who will watch in hopes that Bryan win. They think the most obviously booked guy since Cena in Reigns can take that exposure and do something with it. It is like they don't realize the character Reigns plays sucks and that he can't wrestle and blows up 5 minutes into his matches.

he is literally less ready than lashley was for his push

guy just doesn't have it and it is pretty obviou he just sucks all around

praying the crowd turns hard on him

only hope is turning him heel for mania

Tonight was a clear message from Vince that it doesn't matter if you're more entertaining or a better worker or can cut a promo. You need "the look".

This night makes Vince's whole brass rings thing so hypocritical. Reigns had done none of that meanwhile the ones that have lost big lol.

Or they're booing when people who are good at wrestling are brushed aside for people who aren't.

Heroman

Banned
The Rumble finish was legit terrible. Honestly though, I couldn't care less if Roman deserves it or not. He's not the worst decision in the world and he's a decent wrestler. The company makes terrible decisions and should be taken to task, but the smarks are incredibly obnoxious and reacting like petulant children. This promotion and its fans deserve each other. We all knew what was going to happen, the people who bought tickets all knew what was going to happen, but they still fork over their money just so they can mercilessly boo? Fuck a duck.

Should people accept shit, everyone has been telling vince don't let reigns win , hell HHH probalbay told him dont do but he didnt listen.

Ithil

No, they wanted Daniel Bryan to win. Simple as that.

Also fuck that "believeability" shit already. It's wrestling, it's fake. If it was real, Lesnar would rip Reigns to pieces, because Reigns has zero fighting background and is physically less than Lesnar.

It's only ever about a believable match, not a believable fight. "But he looks strong" is a shitty reason.

I mean I don't particularly feel cheated because I paid for a month of the network to see BORK LASER at the rumble, and he put on a great show.

But watching the rumble I have no reason to pay for fast lane since brock won't be there, and if he's going to take a L against a super green guy at mania I probably won't pay for that either

I thought the idea of Brock is to get eyes on the product, but what's the point if he's gone soon and you just showcased one of the worst rumbles ever

UberTag

Can't argue with you there at all. Anybody that's legitimately angry shouldn't be forking over hundreds of dollars for an obvious result that will enrage them.
They should be spending that money on a superior wrestling product.

jwhit28

Most of the people the WWE forces on the fans fail, even in the attitude era. Rocky, Edge, Ringmaster, all failures at one time or another. They had to go to plan b before those guys could find their places naturally, and have the fans connect with them on the way.

I don't know. Rusev has been quietly destroying people in singles matches for a year and people love that. They should have challenged Reigns to come on every week and show what he's got in singles matches. Instead they protected him in tags and triple threats.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm glad I caught the rumble portion. Not since WCW 2000 have I seen such an antagonistically booked event. It was incredible. You could feel Vince's venom in every elimination.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Guys...I just realized something...

ROMAN REIGNS HAS TO VERBALLY SPAR WITH PAUL HEYMAN FOR 2 MONTHS.

Hence why the Rock is back. Hence why everyone should be screaming in Vince's ear that Roman is so far away from being the guy that carries the strap.

Raw64life

Just got back and without reading the thread I probably agree with the reaction. They had to know that the crowd would shit on the match after Bryan got eliminated and still decided to have him go out barely halfway through the rumble. And then going all in on Reigns by having The Rock come up to try and get him cheered by proxy and he still got heavily booed. I know Bryan marks can be out of control sometimes but I don't see how you could argue that they went way out of their way, in spite of themselves, just to say fuck you to a significant part of their fanbase with the way they booked Bryan. At least the first 3/4 of the PPV was good, but geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom