• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karsha

No, they wanted Daniel Bryan to win. Simple as that.

Also fuck that "believeability" shit already. It's wrestling, it's fake. If it was real, Lesnar would rip Reigns to pieces, because Reigns has zero fighting background and is physically less than Lesnar.

It's only ever about a believable match, not a believable fight. "But he looks strong" is a shitty reason.

They didn't really want Bryan to win, when he got out the crowd gave no reaction or boos, they started doing it only after realizing that Reigns was the only one that could win after that point.

And i know it's Wrestling its fake but what makes it interesting is that you actually believe in the situation, it has some kind of logic behind it. If Orton or Cena were the champions I wouldn't complain but we're talking about someone that ended Taker's streak and squashed Cena vs someone that got injured by Kane and lost his returning match to Bray.

NYR

I agree... The 'WWE Universe' is terrible, and the company's booking is just as bad. They do kind of deserve each other.

The fans won't stand for anything other than Daniel Bryan winning. Even Undertaker or Sting would've gotten booed tonight if booked the way Reigns was.
Do you realize what you're saying? YOU GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WILL PAY FOR. The people are telling them Bryan will lead to more money and yet they don't listen.

bUQdql9.png

Still get my nXt special tho!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I agree... The 'WWE Universe' is terrible, and the company's booking is just as bad. They do kind of deserve each other.

The fans won't stand for anything other than Daniel Bryan winning. Even Undertaker or Sting would've gotten booed tonight if booked the way Reigns was.

You don't think they would have cheered Ziggler or Ambrose or maybe even Brey winning?

People want someone new and surprising, and are tired of WWE ignoring who the fans want. It's not exactly rocket science.

I've been watching wrestling for about 20 years and I can say that was one of the most lackluster endings of all time. I'm trying to remember how Batista won last year but that was fucking horrible. Now we have to deal with Mr. Stiff Who Can Barely Work A Match V. A Beast. They seriously should've had The Rock pull a swerve on Reigns.

Shield Triple Threat Match at WM.

Purexed

Banned
Name a great Roman Reigns singles match, friend.

You've got your mind made up so I'm got going to waste my time trying to convince you otherwise, friend.

Here's the reasons people hate Reigns:

He's being pushed ahead of your favorite "underdog, paid their dues" wrestler.

He's not the Rock on the mic.

He doesn't do 450s and shit like Rollins, Neville, and other NXT new jacks on the rise.

He's the predictable next big thing, consigned by Vince, the man everyone loves to shit on.

He's one good-looking son of a bitch, one that could easily fuck any of your girls.

If we can have champions like Randy Orton, Kane, Bautista, JBL, and John Cena, I have no problem with seeing how far Reigns can carry the torch. Bottom line is that Reigns is a lot further along than many of those guys just 2-3 years in the game.

Here's the question....

Do we see a repeat of last year, where every crowd suddenly becomes a smart crowd and shits on the winner of the Rumble? Or is this a one night thing, and Roman is cheered at every show from now on?

If they continue to book the most over babyface in the last 12 years in Rumble have someone who has 1/10th of the talent go over instead, then yes.

It's almost the equivalent (and I do stress almost cause Austin is in a whole different league) to booking Test to win the '99 Royal Rumble and have Austin eliminated in the middle of the match so he can face Billy Gunn at Wrestlemania 15.

Vestal

You gotta put some blame on Daniel Bryan. Does this dude not just realize what is best for the company just silently takes what they plan for what it is. If the plan was for Reigns to win the Rumble he should have spoke against getting eliminated that early or just not being involved in the match at all due to his ability to get fan reactions and from last years's result. Dude definitely has that much leverage in the WWE instead of being a yes man to whatever they say. But again WWE booking is so stupid as well, if Reigns was injured just bring him back at the Rumble, I don't get why WWE brings superstars back on RAW to announce they will be participating in the Rumble. I think the fact that the audiences know that they are going to get some surprise entrant promotes the match.

Yeah thats not how it works in the WWE locker room. Cena, Rock, Austin, HHH, Taker, HBK, could possibly pull that stunt.. Bryan does not have that type of pull.

BadAss2961

Naw, the crowd would have been alright with ziggler and Dean or bray.
The crowd would've been okay with it, but not thrilled. Not to the extent that a face winning the rumble should be.

Where they fucked up in the booking was not having Daniel Bryan in one of the final spots. I have no clue what they were thinking. lol

I'll repeat, nothing was learned from how they handled Batista last year.

Okay, so what happens next?

A) WWE debuts a character called Doc something so Roman can say "What's up Doc?" at some point.

or

B) Roman has a handicap tag team match with Adam Rose and the Bunny and says "Be barry barry quiet, I'm huntin wabbits"

I'm actually feeling both choices to be honest, but I'm leaning towards choice B. You might have a future in the WWE!!!!!!!

I just don't know how you can be a performer in WWE and have any sort of drive knowing that the quality of your matches, your ability to talk, and audience approval have nearly nothing to do with you making it to the top.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
You don't think they would have cheered Ziggler or Ambrose or maybe even Brey winning?

People want someone new and surprising, and are tired of WWE ignoring who the fans want. It's not exactly rocket science.
Ziggler is another one who has fallen victim to the WWE ping pong booking when you're not THE star that WWE wants on top.

When an entire audience is vehemently booing your winner, it's time to retire the idea that it's "just angry Bryan marks". Because either most of WWE audience is "Bryan marks" or your audience at large just really disagrees with your booking.

It is stupid they constantly bury their most over wrestler of the last 10 years. The rumble literally died when Bryan was eliminated from the rumble. It also looks like he will be going from being in the first and last match at wrestlemania 30 to being buried on the wrestrlemania 31 card and possibly not being on it.

The triple threat match was the highlight of this event. I didn't like how they eliminated Bryan, at least keep him in as one of the final four or have Rusev, Bray, Ambros, and Reigns as the final four. Didn't like the direction with Big Show and Kane in that rumble match.

Someone gif the moment Bryan is eliminated. It could be used for a viable smear campaign against Vince. But seriously, it'd see a lot of use, so... Yeah.

If you don't like Reigns that's fine but then to go on to say that Ziggler should have won is ridiculous. Dude doesn't have main event written on him at all.

Smart man! I've been saying this for a while, but I received death threats from people on other immature wrestling sites. Neogaf wrestling community is fantastic!

RK9039

I thought the authority was coming out at the end of the match to announce that because he couldn't compete that they have a new entrant for the Royal Rumble. And it was going to be someone that would destroy Roman reigns

Yeah it should have been Seth Rollins, that would have been way better.

I mean wtf was the point of Triple H coming out at the end? so stupid. Shakes his constipated head and then walks off again.

Ithil

They didn't really want Bryan to win, when he got out the crowd gave no reaction or boos, they started doing it only after realizing that Reigns was the only one that could win after that point.

And i know it's Wrestling its fake but what makes it interesting is that you actually believe in the situation, it has some kind of logic behind it. If Orton or Cena were the champions I wouldn't complain but we're talking about someone that ended Taker's streak and squashed Cena vs someone that got injured by Kane and lost his returning match to Bray.

Ok, you didn't watch the Rumble, or you're just in some other reality.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I think they were confused and not sure if Bryan was actually eliminated. I certainly was, and was half waiting for some weird "he's not really eliminated" twist to come out of it.

It was just so odd for him to go out so soon in such an uneventful way.

You've got your mind made up so I'm got going to waste my time trying to convince you otherwise, friend.

He doesn't do 450s and shit like Rollins, Neville, and other NXT new jacks on the rise.

He's the predictable next big thing, consigned by Vince, the man everyone loves to shit on.

He's one good-looking son of a bitch, one that could easily fuck any of your girls.

If we can have champions like Randy Orton, Kane, Bautista, JBL, and John Cena, I have no problem with seeing how far Reigns can carry the torch. Bottom line is that Reigns is a lot further along than many of those guys just 2-3 years in the game.

He's still green in my opinion. He needs more fine tuning to be honest.

I legitimately feel bad for Reigns. He has potential to get to something like this eventually, but he really isn't ready. And you're not going to say no to a push, so it's up to the people booking to make sure they're not doing it too soon. Unfortunately, Vince still does the booking. Like, you could tell Reigns was heart broken, and it's not the fans' responsibility to make someone feel good. And he'll still gets paid, and he'll be fine, but to get your moment and get booed out of the building still has to hurt.

dream

Here's the question....

Do we see a repeat of last year, where every crowd suddenly becomes a smart crowd and shits on the winner of the Rumble? Or is this a one night thing, and Roman is cheered at every show from now on?

Of course he gets cheered. Despite what the smarks think, Roman Reigns is the right guy for Brock to pass the torch to. He's got a great look, decent size, his matches are generally pretty good, and people mostly like him. The only hiccup here is WWE seems to want to turn him into a cartoon character for the children.

Plus, he's also healthy. You can't run with Daniel Bryan as your top guy when he's one bump away from paralysis.

Toki767

Yeah it should have been Seth Rollins, that would have been way better.

I mean wtf was the point of Triple H coming out at the end? so stupid. Shakes his constipated head and then walks off again.

They were trying to get Reigns cheered obviously.

Where they fucked up in the booking was not having Daniel Bryan in one of the final spots. I have no clue what they were thinking. lol

I'll repeat, nothing was learned from how they handled Batista last year.

Having Bryan in one of the last spots would be roughly 10X worse. Its not like the crowd would think that its okay that he was one of the last people out. WWE thought the audience would get over having lose early and were horribly wrong.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Of course he gets cheered. Despite what the smarks think, Roman Reigns is the right guy for Brock to pass the torch to. He's got a great look, decent size, his matches are generally pretty good, and people mostly like him. The only hiccup here is WWE seems to want to turn him into a cartoon character for the children.

Plus, he's also healthy. You can't run with Daniel Bryan as your top guy when he's one bump away from paralysis.
Every wrestler is one bump from paralysis. Just ask Droz.

Ithil

How about:

- He can't talk
- He can't wrestle
- He has no character
- He relies entirely on superman booking

Am I allowed to not like a shitty performer or do I have to pretend he's secretly not crap when I'm not looking?

Dead Man

There is no situation. He didnt make it to the ring hence he wasn't an active participant in the match and didn't need to be eliminated. Happened multiple times over the years.

Huh, how did I not know that? Wrestling alzheimer's is setting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom