• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell ever happen to Heath Slater? I want him to reform the 3NB, but with new members. I'm not sure who to add, but I'm leaning towards Ryback(he needs a new gimmick) and maybe Titus O'Neal.

Fox318

I think he's made it pretty clear that he doesn't check his Twitter.

LDTIGHr.jpg

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I legitimately feel bad for Reigns. He has potential to get to something like this eventually, but he really isn't ready. And you're not going to say no to a push, so it's up to the people booking to make sure they're not doing it too soon. Unfortunately, Vince still does the booking. Like, you could tell Reigns was heart broken, and it's not the fans' responsibility to make someone feel good. And he'll still gets paid, and he'll be fine, but to get your moment and get booed out of the building still has to hurt.

Indeed. He'd have done great winning the title at some random mid year PPV, but he can't compare to D-Bry's top tier status, Ziggler's long time of sitting the edge of making it to the top, or to Brey, Ambrose and many other's surprise factor in an event like this.

Vestal

You've got your mind made up so I'm got going to waste my time trying to convince you otherwise, friend.

Here's the reasons people hate Reigns:

He's being pushed ahead of your favorite "underdog, paid their dues" wrestler.

He's not the Rock on the mic.

He doesn't do 450s and shit like Rollins, Neville, and other NXT new jacks on the rise.

He's the predictable next big thing, consigned by Vince, the man everyone loves to shit on.

He's one good-looking son of a bitch, one that could easily fuck any of your girls.

If we can have champions like Randy Orton, Kane, Bautista, JBL, and John Cena, I have no problem with seeing how far Reigns can carry the torch. Bottom line is that Reigns is a lot further along than many of those guys just 2-3 years in the game.

Problem is.

He is rubber dogshit in the ring. A very limited move set, which was well concealed when he was in Shield thanks to Dean and Seth. Watch any of his matches, and find 1 that was decent.

He is horrible on the mic.

He needed at least 1-2 years more under his belt, fine tuning his in ring skills and mic skills. A run with the US or IC title, a strong feud with a very good mid card worker and then make the push.. Its a long game, not the short game. WWE used to play the long game back in the 90s, they built up Austin, and Rock from the ground up, slowly but surely getting them to the breaking point. Then when they were almost there, they had the match to remember.

Austin vs Hart
Rock vs Foley

Thats how you build a star.

Seriously, Reigns had potential, but literally every motherfucker billed as the Next Big Thing since Bobby Lashley has basically been killed by WWE's tone-deaf booking.

You've got your mind made up so I'm got going to waste my time trying to convince you otherwise, friend.

Here's the reasons people hate Reigns:

He's being pushed ahead of your favorite "underdog, paid their dues" wrestler.

He's not the Rock on the mic.

He doesn't do 450s and shit like Rollins, Neville, and other NXT new jacks on the rise.

He's the predictable next big thing, consigned by Vince, the man everyone loves to shit on.

He's one good-looking son of a bitch, one that could easily fuck any of your girls.

If we can have champions like Randy Orton, Kane, Bautista, JBL, and John Cena, I have no problem with seeing how far Reigns can carry the torch. Bottom line is that Reigns is a lot further along than many of those guys just 2-3 years in the game.

Good job, I needed a good laugh after that shitty Rumble

Toki767

Raw is in WWE's backyard of Hartford, CT tomorrow night.

Smackdown is in Boston, but that crowd will be heavily edited anyway.

Dead Man

So how does a PPV go from that awesome triple threat match, to that fucking Rumble?

And yeah, put me on the Reigns was just pushed too fucking hard too quick train. Crowds don't like to be told who they are going to cheer for. They want to at least have the illusion of the star being a fan favourite.

RP912

Banned
Philly is such a shithole. They boo every fucking thing on planet earth. Good for Reigns, I think him and Brock will have a great physical match at Mania.

I seriously think they would have been ok with Rusev winning to be honest. Even the most tolerable city would have done the same thing but not on the extreme caliber like Philly. Reigns is not ready.

Juicy Bob

So how does a PPV go from that awesome triple threat match, to that fucking Rumble?

And yeah, put me on the Reigns was just pushed too fucking hard too quick train. Crowds don't like to be told who they are going to cheer for. They want to at least have the illusion of the star being a fan favourite.
Yep. This is it.

How about:

- He can't talk
- He can't wrestle
- He has no character
- He relies entirely on superman booking

Am I allowed to not like a shitty performer or do I have to pretend he's secretly not crap when I'm not looking?
This so much. I have yet to see a single solo match from Reigns that isn't a bore fest. I don't hate the man at all. He's just not the one that should be in this position right now. In the future he very well may be, but for now he's just being forced on us.

Yup, yup, and yup again. That's a lot of the fun, and WWE killed it dead in its tracks. I swear, I'm not watching tomorrow. Fuck curiosity. If anyone watches tomorrow, they're Cenobites. They love the pain, and crave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom